Nursing Entrance Exams: AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Courses Exam Dates are announced and the Registration has started. The interested candidates can apply now through the link provided below. Nursing Exams are further the most trending exams that offer admission to Healthcare and Medical Services and our country India is known to be the largest producer of Medical, Nursing Graduates, and Post-Graduates. Every year, lakhs of candidates apply for these Entrance Exams. These Entrance Exams offer admissions in various sectors of Medical, Dental, Healthcare Sectors across India. Every college and Institute offers its own way of conducting Nursing Entrance Exams. We have listed out complete details about different Nursing B.Sc and M.Sc Nursing Programs along with their eligibility criteria and career opportunity. We have also listed out some of the best Medical Colleges and the Nursing Exams they offer.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
What is Nursing?
Now, this is a very common question that a student asks before making a career choice. What are the career opportunities, Which colleges offer Nursing Education In India? How do I get an Admission into Nursing and much more? Well, in the real world, Nurses always come to the frontline of Healthcare. Nursing is a profession within the health-care sector that focuses on the care of individuals, communities, and families, and to proceed with your career in Nursing, you need to give a BSc Nursing Admission Entrance Exam.
Furthermore, the Entrance Test comprises of questions that cover all the fundamentals of the Nursing Topics. Some of the Exams take place offline and some online. There are hundreds of Government and Private Institutions that offer Nursing courses at a very reasonable fee. Therefore, if you are willing to make a career choice in the Medical and Healthcare Sector then, it is compulsory to take the Medical/ Nursing Entrance Test.
What is the Nursing Course Entrance Exam?
The Nursing Course is a 4-year undergraduate course with minimum eligibility criteria. To get admission to Nursing Course, you need to appear for the Nursing Entrance Exam 2021. There are many Government and Private Nursing Institutes that offer admission through the Nursing Exam. Thus, in this article, we have listed down some of the Institutes and Colleges in India that conduct the Nursing Entrance Exam. These Exams are mostly done online. However, these Nursing Exams also have a minimum mark based on which they select the most deserving candidate.
The Objective of Nursing Programs and Career Growth
As said earlier, the Nursing Courses offer skills and knowledge to have a problem-solving career approach in the Hospital and Community. These courses have an average reasonable fee amount that ranges from Rs 8,000/- to Rs 35, 000 in a year. The fee varies from institute to institute.
On the other hand, it also has some good career opportunities in various sectors such as Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Welfare, Clinics, Railways, etc. Nursing comprises a Post-Basic Course which is further divided into two categories – Regular and Distance. The Post-Basic Regular Course is a 2-year duration course that requires 10+2 education along with General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM), whereas the Distance Course is a three-year course with GNM and 2 years experience.
Nursing Academic Course – Overview
Nursing Education Courses comprises of the Theoretical and Practical Courses. These courses include basic concepts in Medical Terminology, Patient Care, and Life Sciences. The Nursing Course has become one of the most trending career choices among the students in the past years. Therefore, to get enrolled for the Nursing Courses, candidates have to appear for Nursing Entrance Exams.
We have listed some of the best Nursing Entrance Exams that take place in India, which you shall get to know in the next section.
List of the Colleges and Institutions that conducts B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam
There are a no. of universities/ colleges/ institutes that conduct nursing examinations for offering admission to BSc Nursing Course. Candidates who clear the exam become eligible for admission. Furthermore, the list of colleges offering the course and conducting entrance exams is provided below.
Top Nursing Institutes in India (including Course Fees)
Well, here we have listed out the Top Institutes in India that provide Nursing Courses including their Location and the Course Fees. Candidates can apply for colleges that are affordable or are near to their place. In addition, the course fee mentioned is as per the past years’ records. If the fee is revised then the same is updated here.
|Name of the College||Location||Average Course Fees|
|Christian Medical College||Vellore||Rs 1, 14, 000/-|
|Armed Medical College||Pune||Rs 45, 500/-|
|Sri Ramchandra University||Chennai||Rs 1, 00, 000/-|
|SRM University||Kanchipuram||Rs 76, 300/-|
|Bharti Vidyapeeth University||Pune||Rs 75, 000/-|
|University of Calicut||Calicut||Rs 72, 000/-|
|Annamalai University||Cuddalore||Rs 55, 400/-|
|Christian Medical College||Ludhiana||Rs 1, 27, 700/-|
|Symbiosis International University||Pune||Rs 65, 800/-|
|Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi||Rs 1, 97, 000/-|
|Government Medical College||Nagpur||Rs 26, 400/-|
Top Five Nursing Entrance Exams In India
In this section, we have listed the top ten Nursing Admission Tests that take place in India. This Entrance Exam takes place every year periodically. Through this list, you can get an idea of the types of the exam along with the time period over which the exam takes place. Furthermore, the list of some of the entrance exams and the conducting bodies is provided below for reference.
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Exam
- The All India Institute of Medical Sciences conducts the AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam.
- The Nursing Entrance Exam of AIIMS B.Sc is for Post-Basic, Paramedical, and B.Sc Nursing.
- Through this exam, the students can get admissions in various Medical and Dental Courses.
- To apply for this post, the nationality of the candidate must be Indian. The Examination is objective in nature.
- The AIIMS also conducts exam for M.Sc Nursing Programs
NEIGRIHMS Nursing Entrance Exam
- This Entrance Exam is conducted by the North-Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Science.
- This is noted as one of the popular Nursing Entrance Exam held in India.
- The Exam offers admissions in various Nursing Courses.
- The Exam takes place in the month of June.
- The minimum qualifying mark for this exam is 45% in the class 12th exam.
- The Nationality of the applicants must be Indian.
- This is a Computer-Based Online Exam with objective type questions
JIPMER Nursing Entrance Examination
- Also known as JIPMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam.
- The Jawahar Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education Research is the main conducting body.
- This Entrance Exam usually takes place in the month of July.
- This is an Online Based Entrance Examination
- The Minimum Age of the candidate must be 17 years as of the 31st December of the academic session.
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 50%.
- The Admission Process includes – Online Entrance Exam followed by a Merit List and Counselling Round.
HPU B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam
- This entrance examination is conducted by Himachal Pradesh University.
- This HPU B.Sc Exam usually takes place in the month of July.
- The Applicants must have passed class 12th from Himachal Pradesh Board or any other recognized Board with minimum qualifying marks.
- The Language Mode of the Exam is English only.
- The Exam will comprise of multiple objective type questions.
NIMHANS Nursing Entrance Examination
- This Nursing Medical Entrance Test is conducted by the National Institute of Medical Health and Neuroscience.
- This entrance examination offers admission to various Medical and Nursing Programs.
- The Exam is conducted in the month of June every year.
- This is a Computer-Based Online Test consisting of multiple-choice objective-based questions.
- The Minimum age of the candidate for appearing in this exam is 17 years and the maximum age of the candidate is 25 years.
- The Applicant must have scored a minimum of 45% marks in Class 12th Board Exams.
Nursing Entrance Exams – Eligibility
Candidates are advised to check the Eligibility Criteria for Nursing Exam carefully before filling the application form. Only the students who satisfy all the eligibility conditions can sit for the examination. Moreover, the eligibility conditions of different nursing courses vary. Hence, check the criteria of the course you want to get enrolled in. Furthermore, the eligibility criteria for different nursing courses are provided below.
For B.Sc (Basic) Course
- You need to pass class 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- In addition, the candidate should have passed the qualifying examination with the qualifying marks.
- Should be Medically Fit.
For B.Sc (Post-Basic) Course
- Candidates have to pass Class 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Also, candidates who have passed 10+1 are also eligible for this course.
- The Applicants must have a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M (Registered Nurse Registered Midwife) with the State Nurses Registration Council.
- Along with that, the applicant should have Proof of Training by the Indian Nursing Council or its equivalent in the same domain.
Further, the Candidates must have a training certificate in any of the following courses-
- O.T Techniques
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Leprosy Nursing
- TB Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Neurological and Neuro – Surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
Nursing Entrance Exams – Admission Procedure
The Nursing Entrance Exams are usually conducted in the month of April-June. The application process is carried out in online mode. However, only those applicants shall be able to fill in the online form that satisfies the eligibility criteria. After filling the application form, merit lists are released on the basis of which the candidates are selected for the counselling round. The counseling round is either conducted offline/ online.
Exam Pattern of Nursing Entrance Exams
Now that you have got to know about the Eligibility and the Admission Process, let us now talk about the examination pattern. The Exam Pattern plays a very important role in the Exam session. The Nursing Exam Pattern includes the Mode of the Exam, Time Duration, Marking Distribution of the exam, etc. Every College and Institute offers a similar type of Exam Pattern.
- The Exam might take place online or offline depending upon the Institution.
- The time duration of the entrance examination is mainly of 2 Hours.
- The Format of the Questions is Multiple Choice Objective Based Questions.
- Each Question will carry a certain number of marks and for every wrong answer, certain marks are deducted.
- Questions are asked from Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and English.
- The minimum cut-off marks or qualifying marks vary from University to University.
Nursing Entrance Exams – Syllabus
Candidates must gather all the information about the exam pattern and the syllabus before starting to prepare for the test. It shall help you a lot in the preparation process. A large number of students appear for nursing exams and hence you need to prepare really well to crack the exam. Further, in the examination, the Questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. The complete syllabus of this Nursing Admission Entrance Exam is as follows-
- Living and Non-Living
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Animal Physiology
- Reproduction in Plant and Animal
- Genetic Basis of Inheritance
- Origin and Evolution of Life
- Human Disorders
- Ecology and Ecosystems
- Units and Measurements
- Heat Transfer
- Vibration and Waves
- Light and Sound
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- The Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- States of Matter
- Mixtures, Solutions, and Solubility
- The Gas Laws
- Elements and Compounds
- The Periodic Table
- Important Concepts in Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Water and Organic Compounds in the Environment
Other sections Include- General Ability, English Language, General Knowledge.
List of Top Medical Institutes and their Nursing Entrance Exams
|Name of the College||Name of the Institute’s Entrance Exam|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)||B.Sc Nursing Admission Test|
|Armed Forces Medical College B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam||AFMC Entrance Exam|
|Nitte University Mangalore||NUPMET Nursing Entrance Exam|
|Banaras Hindu University||B.Sc Nursing Admission Test|
|PPMET||Punjab Para-Medical Entrance Test|
|CMC Ludhiana||B.Sc Nursing Admission Entrance Exam|
Nursing Academic Year Course Program
The Nursing Course is a four-year program that includes both theoretical and practical knowledge. Thus, the subject and the course of study are also prepared by keeping that in mind. Candidates can check out the year-wise topics that are covered. Following, are the list of the Courses/ Subjects of each year of the academic session.
First Year of the Nursing Program
- Nursing Foundation
- Introduction to Computer
- Microbiology and
Second Year Courses of Nursing
- Pathology and Genetics
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Communication and Educational Technology
Third Year Courses of Nursing Program
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
Fourth Year Courses of Nursing Program
- Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Nursing Research and Statistics
- Management of Nursing Services and Education
Nursing Entrance Exams – Career Opportunities
Nursing is a 4-year duration course program, that offers jobs in various sectors. This course can be taken by those students who have completed 10+2 from a recognized board. Some of the important nursing entrance exams are- JIPMER, MHT CET, etc. Candidates can get admissions to top colleges such as CMC Vellore, AIIMS, etc.
The main objective of the Nursing Course Program is to nurture the student to become an exemplary citizen by adhering to a code of ethics, and professional conduct at all times in fulfilling personal, social, and professional obligations so as to respond to the National Aspirants. The course offers various types of jobs such as Care Provider, Educator, Counsellor, Researcher, Counsellor in various sectors like hospitals, railways, defense services, industrial houses, factories such.
Career Scope After B.Sc Nursing
The B.Sc Nursing Scope allows candidates to pursue or opt for higher studies as well. The students can choose for M.Sc Programs as well in the following disciplines –
- M.Sc Biotechnology
- Masters in Medical Microbiology and Medical Biochemistry
- M.Sc Neuroscience
- M.Sc Renal Sciences and Dialysis Technology
- Master’s in Medical Sociology
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management /Hospital Management
- Post Graduate Program in Public Health Management (PGPPHM)
After Graduating from these courses, the students can work under the following Job Profiles- (Higher Job profile)
- Case Manager
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Director/ CEO
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Manager/ Specialist
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nurse Educator
- Staff Nurse
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Practioner
List of the Top Companies that offer Recruitments in the Nursing Department
The Nursing Sector offers great opportunities for students. They have opportunities in both government and the private sectors. In addition, students can even go abroad. The List of the Top Hiring Companies in India in the Nursing Field are as follows-
- Fortis Healthcare
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprises
- Columbia Asia Hospital
- Global Hospitals
- Medanta Medicity
- Max Hospital and
- Manipal Hospital
- Wockhardt Hospitals
List of Nursing Job Profile with Job Description with Average Salary (For Graduates)
The students pursuing this course or wanting to do so shall be eligible for a number of job profiles. Candidates should choose the profession by having a vision. They should know their final destination and what they want to do. Thus, for the ease of the student, the job profiles and their description is provided below with the expected average salary.
|Case Manager||2.3 to 8.5 Lakhs|
|Staff Nurse||2 to 3 Lakhs|
|Clinical Nurse Specialist||2 to 3 Lakhs|
|Nurse Anaesthetist||10 to 12 Lakhs|
|Nurse Educator||3.8 Lakhs|
|Research Associate||3 Lakhs|
|Nurse Practioner||2.16 Lakhs|
|Psychologist||3 Lakhs (approx)|
Check – MP PAHUNT 2021
Salary Structure for a Nursing Graduate
The Average Salary of a Nursing Graduate ranges from Rs 10, 000/- to Rs 25, 000/- depending upon the college, degree, and level of expertise. The Salary of the candidate increases with the increase in experience and efficiency. Thus, we have provided you with complete details about the Nursing Entrance Exams including their eligibility, career scope, exam pattern, syllabus, and most importantly, the list of the colleges and the entrance exams provided by them.