MAHE MET 2020: As per the recent notice, MET Exam Dates & Slot Booking date announced. Manipal University application form for the session 2020-21 has been extended till 30th June 2020. Earlier, the application procedure started on 5th October 2019. The Manipal Academy of Higher Education will conduct the Manipal University entrance exam 2020. The exam is also known as MET, MU-OET, or MAHE MET. The exam takes place for the admission in undergraduate B.Tech programmes offered by various Manipal institutes. Candidates must look into the eligibility criteria before filling the form. They must meet the requirements in order to fill the form. The Manipal University Entrance Exam will be held in an online mode. Aspirants need to fill and submit their application form within the time allotted to them. Read the article to get more information regarding the admission process for the session 2020-21.
Check Eligibility For MAHE Exam
MET Application Form 2020 is extended till 30th June 2020.
MAHE Exam Date 2020
All exam event dates are important in order to fill and prepare for the exam. Candidates can check the dates for Manipal University Entrance Exam here:
|Release of Online Application Form||5th October 2019|
|Last date to submit MET Application Form||30th June 2020|
|Slot Booking of MET 2020 starts (Admit Card will be provided just after the booking)||15th July 2020|
|MAHE MET Exam 2020||24th to 27th July 2020 &|
4th to 7th August 2020
|Declaration of MET Result 2020||9th August 2020|
|BTech Common Counseling @ Manipal, Sikkim, Jaipur & Hyderabad||–|
|BPharm / PharmD Counseling @ Manipal||–|
*Have a look at all the Manipal University Exam Dates before you proceed.
Changes In Manipal University 2020 Exam
- Candidates now have to pay the application fee in the online mode. The university has removed the system of paying the fee through demand draft, therefore, no DD will be accepted.
- All appearing candidates will now be required to select only test cities in their preferences during MET Application Form filling.
- The university has done away with the third attempt of the entrance test.
- For registration, candidates now just need their email id and password.
Manipal University Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates who are filling up the application form should make sure to check the Manipal University eligibility criteria 2020. These criteria are prescribed by the exam conducting body in order to filter out the candidates who can take the examination and those who cannot. Check the prescribed eligibility criteria given below:
For B.Tech Programme:
- Must pass 10+2/ A Level/ IB/ American 12th grade or equivalent
- Studied Physics, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ any technical vocational subjects as optional.
- A minimum of 50% aggregate marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.
For B. Tech Programs (Lateral entry) In Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Pass in 3-year Diploma granted by the Board of Technical Examination of a State Government, with minimum 45 % aggregate marks or equivalent.
- Pass in BSc Degree, with Mathematics in 12th standard, from a recognized institution/ university with minimum 45 % aggregate marks or equivalent.
Manipal University Application Form 2020
The MET 2020 application form is available. Applicants can fill the form in the online mode on the official website. Candidates must provide the correct details while filling up the MU application form 2020. Each candidate will be required to do Registration, provide Academic qualifications, upload important documents, and also pay the application fees.
Note: The entire application fee for the Manipal University entrance test is Rs. 2000 which is inclusive of both the application fee (Rs. 600) and of the examination fee (Rs. 1400).
Manipal Entrance Exam Pattern 2020
The Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) is in charge of prescribing the exam pattern for MET 2020. Candidates should know about the types of questions, Number of questions, the time allowed, etc. to prepare themselves for the exam. Details about the MAHE MET exam pattern helps candidates to prepare for the exam in a more efficient way. Not only can candidates prepare various subjects but can also manage their time. They can study for each subject as per the subject weightage. The Manipal University exam pattern is as follows:
- The exam held in the online mode i.e. in computer-based mode.
- Each candidate will have 2 hours 30 minutes to complete the entire exam.
- Questions will be objective type and there will be multiple-choice questions.
- There will be a total of 200 questions.
- The distribution of questions will be as follows: Physics – 50 Questions, Chemistry – 50 Questions, Mathematics – 70 Questions, and English & General Aptitude – 30 Questions.
- 4 marks will be rewarded for each correct answer and -1 will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Manipal University Slot Booking 2020
Applicants who have filled the application form have to do the Manipal University slot booking for appearing in the examination. Candidates have to book a slot for 1st and 2nd attempt examination. After slot booking download admit card. Candidates can do the Manipal University entrance exam slot booking through Online Test Booking System (OTBS) to choose Date and Time for appearing in the examination. The slot booking process is on the first-come, first-served basis. After slot booking is done, the candidate will not be able to make changes to book the slot.
Manipal Admit Card 2020
Manipal University Admit card for 1st and 2nd attempt exam available after slot booking. The admit card generated only for those candidates who have submitted his/ her application form with correct and complete information. Candidates are advised to check the details given on Manipal University admit card carefully. Additionally, candidates will find details such as candidate’s name, roll number, the application number, DOB, photo and signature, time and venue of the exam, etc. on the admit card. All candidates should carry admit card for appearing in Manipal University Entrance Exam 2020.
Syllabus of Manipal University Entrance Exam
All students must check the syllabus of the Manipal University entrance exam. They can prepare well with the help of the correct exam syllabus. To begin with, the preparations of the examination candidates must check the syllabus of all the subjects thoroughly. This will help them collect the correct study material and obtain the best results in the examination. Candidates can check and download the official Manipal University entrance exam syllabus here.
Candidates can take admission in the following B.Tech Streams.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Computer and Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Industrial and Production Engineering
- Print and Media Engineering
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
Manipal University Cutoff 2020
The Manipal University cutoff will be decided by the concerned authorities for the selection of the candidates. All candidates must score either equal to or more than the decided cut off. The cut off will be decided on the basis of the number of candidates appear in the examination, marks scored by them, number of available seats, etc.
Manipal Result 2020
Manipal Result 2020 will be declared after the examination is over. Candidates who have appeared in the Manipal University Entrance Exam will be able to check their results. The Manipal result will be available in online mode. Candidates have to use Application Number/ Roll Number and Password to check their Manipal result 2020. Candidates will be able to check the marks scored and rank secured by them in the examination.
Manipal University Counselling 2020
All the candidates who will qualify the examination shall have to appear in the counselling for admission. The Manipal University Counselling 2020 will be conducted in offline mode. Candidates will be called for counselling according to the rank scored by them in Manipal University Entrance Exam 2020. Candidates have to report at the given venue on the mentioned date and time to participate in the counselling process. The participating students should bring all the required documents along with the counselling fees. Candidates will be provided with allotment letter and they have to report to the institute to confirm their admission.
If you have any queries, do ask us in the comments section below!