Architecture as a career choice has seen rising demand in the recent years. Candidates are opting for options that are not conventional and includes the criteria of creativity through the demand of Mathematical background is must for pursuing Architecture as a full-time course. The degrees that the candidates have to pursue establishing themselves as an Architect is B.Arch and M.Arch. There is now the number of institutes who offer admission to both Bachelor and Master’s Degree in Architecture. Some of the institutes are included in the list of Top Architecture Colleges.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Candidates from all over the country apply for admission to Architecture Course in number of Institutes. Due to high competitive level, it is required to prepare yourself in prior to the entrance exams. The confusion that usually rises among the students is of which college to apply for a better career ahead. The criteria that candidates look before applying for the college is the placement performance, faculty and curriculum offered by the Institute. Since the number of Private and Government institutes offer this course, we are bringing you the list of top 10 Architecture colleges with all the desired criteria be fulfilled. This ranking is provided by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) as per on the basis of the performance of the Universities in the said course.
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Go through the list of the colleges and gather the required information such as rank, score and other details of the mentioned institutes.
List of Top Architecture Colleges in India
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur:
To be the first of the IIT’s established by the Government of India in 1951, IIT Kharagpur offers Bachelor program (B.Arch) in Architecture to the interested candidates. Being one of the most prestigious institutions in the country, admission to this institute is the dream of every student. With the well-established placement record, IIT Kharagpur is definitely the preferred institute if you are aiming for establishing your career in Architecture.
Admission Procedure: The Admission to IIT Kharagpur for Bachelor in Architecture (B.Arch) is provided on the basis of the score secured by the candidate in IIT JEE exam. Candidates are required to appear for the IIT JEE exam and fulfil other eligibility criteria too.
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee:
Formerly known as University of Roorkee and Thomason College of Civil Engineering was established in 1847 in British India. The institute has over 21 academic departments including Architecture. IIT Roorkee offers both Bachelor (B.Arch.) and Post Graduate (M.Arch./M.U.R.P) degrees in Architecture. The institute offers 5-year bachelors program and the duration of the Postgraduate program is of 2 years.
- The Admission to Bachelor in Architecure (B.Arch.) Course is provided to the candidates on the basis of the score secured by them in JEE Advanced.
- For admission to Master in Architecture (M.Arch), candidates will be invited for the seat in the said course on the basis of GATE score secured by them in the exam.
School of Planning and Architecture:
This institute was established in 1941 with the aim of specializing in education and research in the field of Planning and Architecture. While the Bachelor of Architecture was already offered, Bachelor of Planning was also started in 1989. The school offers 10 Postgraduate programs and two Undergraduate Programs along with the doctoral programs run by all the department of studies. The School offers 5-year B.Arch. Program and Bachelor of Planning for 4 Years. The Post Graduate programs of 2 years are M.Arch and Master of Planning with specialization in various areas.
- Candidates will be given admission to Bachelor’s Program in Architecture and Bachelor’s Program in Planning on the basis of the score secured by them in JEE (Main).
- Candidates will be granted admission to various first-year Post Graduate Programs if they have obtained at least 55% marks or equivalent credits in aggregate in the qualifying exam for each program. Candidates will be required to go through the eligibility of each course separately and then apply for the admission procedure.
College of Engineering, Trivandrum:
Also known as CET, College of Engineering is the first engineering college in Kerala, situated in Thiruvananthapuram. Established on 3rd July 1939, the college offers Undergraduate B.Tech, B.E. and B.Arch programs and offers evening programs as well. It also offers part-time and full-time Postgraduate programs in engineering and Architecture. The B.Arch Program is conducted as per the norms of the Council of Architecture, New Delhi. The M. Planning (Housing) Program is recognized by the Institute of the Town Planners, New Delhi and the M.Arch program in Urban Design is conducted as per the norms of the Council of Architecture, New Delhi. The duration of the Bachelor in Architecture program is of 5 years while the Master of Architecture will be of 2 years.
- The candidates applying for the Bachelor’s programs will be granted admission on the basis of the Counselling Round based on the rank obtained in Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical (KEAM) entrance exam. The remaining seats will be filled on the basis of score obtained in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture). It should be noted that the institute doesn’t conduct any individual entrance exam for admission to Architecture Program.
- For Post Graduate Program, candidates firstly should make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria of having a B.Arch degree in order to apply for M.Arch program. The admission to Post Graduate program will be provided on the Merit list which will be prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in Graduation. Interested candidates will be required to fill up the Application form online which is amde available on the official website of the University.
The School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal:
This institute offers specialization in education and research in the field of Urban Planning and Architecture. It is one of the three schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India in 2008 as an autonomous institute and a fully Centrally Funded Technical Institution. The Institute offers Bachelor, Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Architecture namely Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch), Bachelor of Planning (B.Plan), Master of Architecture (M.Arch.), Master of Planning (M.Plan) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in various areas and prepare students for excelling in this field.
- The institute grants admission to Bachelor in Architecture (B.Arch.) through JEE (B.Arch) conducted by Central board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India.
- For admission to Post Graduate and Doctoral degree program, School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopla conducts its own entrance exam, including Spot Test and interview.
Anna University, Chennai:
Established under The Government of Tamil Nadu Act on 4th September 1978 the Anna University of Technology is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The University offers Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) of 5 years and Master of Architecture (M.Arch.) of 2 years. Candidates can also apply for M.S. (Research) offered on a full-time and part-time basis. One can apply for the research work only after the completion of a requisite number of course work. Post Graduate degree in Planning is also offered under the Department of Planning.
- The Admission to B.Arch program will be done on the basis of the score secured by the candidate in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture).
- For the admission to Postgraduate Program in Architecture, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks secured in B.Arch program.
JNAFAU School of Planning and Architecture:
Established by Hyderabad State in 1940 as the ‘College of Fine Arts’, JNAFAU has two colleges which offer several Undergraduate and Postgraduate and PhD Research Program with an emphasis of two different colleges: School of Planning & Architecture and School of Fine Arts. School of Planning and Architecture offers courses such as Architecture, Digital Techniques for Design and Planning (DTDP), Facilities and Services Planning (FSP), Interior Designing, Planning etc. Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degrees are offered under Architecture namely Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch), Master of Architecture (M.Arch.) and PG Diploma.
- The Admission to Bachelor degree of Architecture is provided on the basis of NATA/JEE score. The candidates are required to fulfil the basic eligibility criteria in order to apply for admission to an undergraduate program.
- The Admission to M.Arch (Interior Design) and M.Arch. (Planning) is given on the score secured by the candidate in PGECET (Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test). To apply for the Post Graduate Program the candidate should have the required bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized University.
Jamia Millia Islamia:
This Central University started offering the Architecture Program in 2001-2002. The “Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics” has established itself in the field of Architecture by having a competent faculty and well-researched curriculum. The Faculty offers Two-degree courses in Architecture, Five Master Courses and PhD program. The Undergraduate that are offered is namely B. Arch and B.Arch. (Self-Financing) and the Post Graduate programs that are offered are M.Arch. (Architecture Pedagogy), M.Arch. (Building services), M.Arch.(Medical Architecture), M.Arch. (Recreation Architecture), M.Arch. (Urban Regeneration).
Admission Procedure: The admission to B.Arch courses and M.Arch (All five specializations) Courses in the Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics is given on the basis of the written test and aptitude test followed by an interview.
National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur:
This Public Engineering college was established in 1986. It is one of the thirty-one National Institutes of Technology, established and administered and funded by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). The Department of Architecture offers Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) degree of five years and Master of Architecture (M.Arch.) A degree of two years.
- Candidates seeking admission to Bachelor’s Program in Architecture (B.Arch.) will be admitted through the counselling procedure based on JEE Main rank.
- The Admission to M.Arch course is based on GATE score secured by the candidate in the exam.
Faculty of Architecture, Manipal Academy of Higher Education:
Formerly known as Manipal University is a private research institute deemed to be University established in 1956. The Institute offers 218 programs in 19 disciplines. The Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses in Architecture are offered under the Faculty of Architecture namely Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.), Master of Architecture (M.Arch.) and Executive Master of Architecture (M.Arch.) in Advance Design.
- The Admission to Bachelor Of Architecture is done on the basis of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination and the All India National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by Council of Architecture.
- There is no entrance exam for Master of Architecture (M.Arch.). The admission to the course is provided on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in the qualifying examination (B.Arch.). The Institute will declare the list of candidates in the order of Merit on the website.