Goa BSc Nursing 2021: The Directorate of Technical Education, Goa is the main conducting body that regulates the admissions. The course duration of BSc. Nursing is 4 years, including 6 months of internship. The admission into government and private colleges in Goa takes place every year for 150 seats in the state. There are only two Government Nursing Colleges in Goa. And many private nursing colleges of nursing, whose list is given in the article below. The admissions into these colleges are as per the rules of the Goa Nursing Council. In this article, we shall be discussing the admission procedure of Goa BSc Nursing 2021.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Goa BSc Nursing 2021
The council of nursing education in Goa decides the rules and regulations for the Bachelor in Nursing course in Goa. The candidates need to visit the official website of the Institute of Nursing Education, Goa for any official updates. However, it is very important for the nursing aspirants to know about the admission procedure into the nursing course. The admission into BSc. Nursing in Goa takes place on the basis of the NEET-UG 2021 All India Rank. Therefore it is compulsory for the candidates to appear and qualify for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, 2021.
The All India Rank of the candidate is necessary for the eligibility to take admission. Also, the marks of the candidates in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology is taken to prepare the final merit list for admission. We are attaching the official release for the selection procedure for Goa BSc Nursing 2020 for reference, please read the instructions carefully before applying for the course.
Important Dates and Updates
BSc. Nursing Course is a professional degree programme. The graduates of this field have great career scope. Moreover, the nursing institutes of Goa state are known for quality education and for providing great career opportunities to students. Furthermore, aspirants should be well acquainted with the exam schedule. Hence, all the important events and dates are mentioned in the table below. If the dates are revised, then the same shall be updated in the table as well.
|Start of Prospectus and Application Form||Second Week of May 2021|
|Eligibility List after NEET-UG 2021 Score||First Week of June 2021|
|Provisional Merit List||First Week of July 2021|
|Final Merit List||First Week of July 2021|
|First Round of Admissions||July 2021|
|Second Round of Admissions||Second Week of July 2021|
|Additional Round of Admission List||to be notified (if any)|
|Course Commencement||August 2021|
Candidates can click on the link given above for some preparation tips. Note that for taking admission, candidates have to clear this Goa B.Sc Nursing 2021 Exam. Further, all the information and notifications are made available on the official website. For more details regarding the application form and course details please read the further article.
Nursing Seats in Goa
There are a total of two Government Nursing Colleges in Goa that offers a 4-year degree course in nursing education. These colleges release their own merit list on the basis of the NEET-UG 2021 score as well as the marks in class 12th Board Exam. In this section let us focus on seat distribution in the government colleges in Goa. There are a total of 150 Nursing Seats in Goa for all categories. Further, each course has seat distribution on the basis of category and quota. The following official notification shows the total seat distribution for BSc. Nursing course in the state of Goa:
*INE – Institute of Nursing Education, Goa
*VINE – Vrindavan Institute of Nursing Education, Colvale, Goa
- In view of SCI directives, the total reservation should be less than 50%. Therefore, non-statutory reservations for CSP, NRI, GN categories are restricted.
- All Seats indicated in the table above are subject to continuation of approval by respective regulatory bodies viz. MCI/ DCI/ PCI/ AICTE/ CoA, etc. for the year 2020-21, as well as affiliating University.
- In case of variation in intake/ starting of new courses/ institutions, the number of seats approved at the time of admission, by the relevant regulatory body shall be offered for admission, with applicable reservations, during admission rounds.
Goa Nursing Application Form 2021
The Directorate of Technical Education, Goa releases the online application form for BSc. The form is enclosed with the prospectus in pdf format. Therefore, the candidates need to download the prospectus and detach the application form from the prospectus. After taking the print out of the application form, all the details should be carefully given in the specified columns. After filling the application form the candidates have to attach the documents, we have given the list of documents in this article. This form shall be for admission into Nursing Course in Goa Medical College, therefore, it is necessary to fill the application form correctly. Here is the attachment of the application form from the official website. Therefore, candidates can get an idea about the format of the application form:
Instructions for Filling the Application Form
Follow these instructions while filling the Goa Nursing Application Form 2021:
- Applicants shall download, print, and submit the application form for B.Sc. Nursing, at notified locations as per Centre, opted, on specified dates.
- Candidates must submit a single application form for admission to NEET based courses, clearly stating their NEET Roll no. in order to be considered for admissions.
- Read rules of admission and eligibility criteria as given in the prospectus before filling the form.
- Applicant must fill the form in his/ her own handwriting, after downloading & printing the same from the website, or obtaining it from the Application Receiving Centre.
- They must submit the same at the Application Receiving Centre on specified dates along with self-attested copies of required documents.
- Applicants need to remit an application fee of Rs.1500/- payable at any branch of HDFC Bank in Goa, in the Account of ‘Directorate of Technical Education’, with client code ‘DRCTORTEDU’, or any other approved mode of remittance as may be notified, and furnish a copy of pay-in-slip/ receipt of payment, along with this Form.
- PHOTOGRAPH affixed on the form should be a recent one i.e. taken not earlier than 3 months prior to the date of application.
- Additional identical passport size photographs are to be enclosed with this form.
- Write your NAME in CAPITAL LETTERS and DATE OF BIRTH as it appears in your Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) certificate.
- ADDRESS must be complete, including the postal code.
- TELEPHONE NUMBER must be given with area code in brackets.
- Photograph on the form.
- Statement of marks/ Certificate/ provisional certificate of passing HSSC.
- Certificate in support of residence.
- Documents for relaxation in the period of residence, if any.
- Certificate for reserved category claimed.
- Certificate of date of birth
- School/college leaving certificate
- Eligibility Certificate from Goa University (for applicants other than Goa Board)
- Income Certificate (for fee concession)
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Acknowledgment card (is provided at Application Receiving Centre) with a photograph
- Candidate Copy of GCET Admit Card
- Candidate Copy of NEET Admit Card
- Copy of NEET Result
Goa B.Sc. Nursing Eligibility
All candidates desirous of seeking admissions to Professional Degree of Nursing Course in Margao Goa or in other colleges within the State of Goa must appear and have a valid score in NEET UG-2021. Also, they and should fulfill other eligibility criteria for admission as given in the official prospectus of the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa. The merit list for BSc. Nursing courses shall be based only on NEET UG-2021 scores. The Institute of Nursing Education, Goa is one of the Best Nursing Colleges in Goa. It is a government-aided college and follows the norms of the Goa Nursing Council. Now, let us look at some of the eligibility criteria for applying for the BSc. Nursing course in Goa.
For admission to Nursing Degree courses included in this prospectus, an applicant must fulfill the following criteria
- For Nursing Degree courses, an applicant must have appeared and obtained a valid score/ rank at NEET UG conducted by NTA.
- Minimum eligibility criteria and minimum qualifying valid scores as prescribed by Regulatory authority guidelines, for merit list preparation, based on NEET-UG, shall be applicable.
- An applicant to Degree courses in Nursing must have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the academic year of admission to become eligible for admission to First Year.
- Admission to the nursing course in the State of Goa is open to Indian nationals fulfilling the eligibility criteria under various categories.
- Non-resident Indians holding Indian passports may apply for seats reserved under the NRI category.
- Applicants, who have passed the qualifying examination from Universities/ Boards other than the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education are required to produce an Eligibility Certificate from Registrar, Goa University.
- Candidates are required to sign a bond with the Government/ Institution for a specified amount.
BSc. Nursing Syllabus
The Institute of Nursing Education, Panjim, Goa offers a degree course in nursing. Candidates who are interested in the nursing course can check the syllabus given on the college website. They can also check the syllabus as we have given the pdf link of the entire syllabus. BSc. Nursing is a 4-year degree course. The mode of examination is the semester system. Therefore, altogether there are 7 semesters including 6 months of internship. Check the details of Goa BSc. Nursing Syllabus Pdf.
Goa BSc. Nursing Merit List 2021
The Directorate of Technical Education, Goa release the final Goa Nursing Merit List 2021 on its official website. We shall notify the candidates in the updates section. Else, candidates can check the merit list from the official website. For all categories, separate provisional merit lists shall be prepared and displayed on the official website. Eligibility is finalized as per the provisions of this prospectus, irrespective of whether or not verification of marks has been completed by the examining authority. The merit list consists of the following details of the candidates:
- Merit Number
- Form Registration Number
- NEET Roll Number
- Name of the Candidate
- Class 12th Score
- NEET-UG Score
We are giving the details from Merit List. Therefore, the candidates can get an idea about the details given in the merit list.
Rules for Making the Merit List
The selection committee prepares the Goa BSc. Nursing Admission List on the basis of the following criteria:
- Eligibility list with remarks regarding objections/ shortfalls, if any, shall be prepared for all applicants and for all categories, including those who are not eligible.
- The list comes on the Notice Board at the Admission Centre at the Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim, Goa.
- The merit list is available on the official website. Therefore, the applicants should verify their eligibility from the list.
- One can check the Provisional merit list of Goa BSc Nursing on the Notice Board at the Admission Centre at the Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim, Goa.
Goa BSc. Nursing Counselling
Counseling is the final stage in the process of admission. The eligible candidates whose names are there in the merit list can sit for the counseling round. The BSc. Nursing Counselling is for admission into nursing colleges in Goa. The council officials verify the original documents of the candidates. Therefore, it is necessary to carry all the essential documents for the counseling. The counseling call letter mentions the date, time, and venue of the counseling. Therefore, the candidates should positively report at the venue in order to avoid any rush.
The Goa BSc. Nursing Counselling 2021 takes place in two or three rounds, depending upon the vacant seats in the two government medical colleges. There are a total of 150 seats for Nursing courses in Goa. There are also private medical colleges and their counseling also takes place in the same manner. Here is the first Counseling schedule for Nursing in Goa. Candidates can get an idea of what includes in the counseling list:
BSc. Nursing Fees
The fees for the Government Medical Colleges in Goa are given in this section of the article. Candidates can also check the nursing fees from the prospectus. The fees are different for different colleges. Some colleges have nominal fees while the Private Nursing Colleges in Goa have a typically high as compared to the government colleges’ fee. There is also an option to avail of the concession in the course fees. However, this concession is only applicable to government colleges in Goa. Let us see the fee structure and concession pattern from the prospectus.
Mode of Availing Concession
To avail concession as above, an applicant shall follow the procedure as under:
- An applicant admitted under category SC, ST, & OBC need not produce any income certificate/ file declaration.