CAT 2022 – Indian Institute of Management is conducting Common Admission Test (CAT) 2022. Exam Notification has been released on 31st July. You can check that in the article. Through CAT, you can get admission to top management institutes of the country. All eligible and interested candidates can apply for the CAT 2022. Online Registration for CAT will be available from 3rd August 2022. The last date to fill the CAT Form will be 14th September 2022. The conducting authorities will release CAT Admit Card only to those who will successfully fill the CAT Form. Around 2 Lakhs students appear for the CAT exam every year. Read the complete article for more information related to CAT 2022 like Important dates and details, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit card, Result, etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Detailed notification for CAT 2022 has been released. Check below for more information about CAT exam.
CAT 2022 Overview
All the Students who are going to appear in the exam this year should know the basic details regarding the CAT 2022 exam. In this section we are making you aware of the basic details of the exam. Check the following table for that.
|Full Form of the CAT||Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Institute of Management|
|Level of the Exam||National|
|Exam Pattern||Computer Based Test (CBT), MCQs and non-MCQs|
|Number of Test Centers||156|
|Exam frequency||Once in a year|
|Application Form Fees for the exam||For General – 2,200 and INR 1,100 (Reserved category)|
|Exam helpdesk no.||1-800-210-1088 (Toll Free)|
|Official Website website||https://iimcat.ac.in|
CAT 2022 Important Dates
This year CAT will be conducted on 27th November. Before exam there are various events like Application Form, Admit Card, Mock Test etc. The conducting authorities decides specific dates for each event. All those who are going to appear this year in the CAT exam must know these dates so that they will not miss any event. We are providing you dates of the all the important events of the CAT 2022 in a consolidated way here. Check in the following table.
|Name of the Event||Date|
|Notification release date for the CAT||31st July 2022|
|Application Form Starting Date||3rd August 2022|
|Last date to fill the form||24th September, 2022|
|Application Form Correction Dates||Fourth week of September, 2022|
|Mock Test Release Date||First week of October, 2022|
|Admit card Available Form||27th October 2022|
|Official tutorial Date||First week of November, 2022|
|CAT 2022 Exam Date||27-Nov-2022|
|Answer key available from||First week of December, 2022|
|Final answer key release date||Last week of November, 2022|
|Result Declaration||Second week of January, 2023|
Application Form will be available from 3rd August. The most important thing which every candidate must have to satisfy is CAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria. Don’t fill out the application form if you are not fulfilling the eligibility criteria. Otherwise, it will get rejected later. Eligibility Criteria is a document which generally releases with official notification. It mentions all the conditions which must be satisfied by candidates appearing in the exam. You can check the CAT Eligibility Criteria 2022 here.
- Age Limit Criteria – There will be no age or attempt limit to apply for CAT.
- Qualification Requirements – You should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized board.
- Marks Requirement – You should have obtained at least 50% marks or 45% if you belong to reserved categories in bachelor’s degree.
- Appearing Students – Aspirants appearing in the final year of their degree are also eligible to apply.
CAT Application Form 2022
IIM Bangalore will release the CAT 2022 Online Form. Students will be allowed to fill out the form till 23rd September. Application Form will be available in online mode only. In the Application Form, students will need to provide their basic details like Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Mobile Number, Email id, etc. You will be also asked to upload the important documents. We are advising you to not fill in any wrong information in the CAT 2022 Online Form. Your form will be rejected if authorities find out any wrong information at any stage.
Admit Card CAT 2022
Admit Card is the most necessary document which students need to carry on the day of their exam. It will be available only to those students who successfully apply for the exam. The authorities will release the admit card on 26th October (tentative). CAT 2022 Admit Card will be released at the official website. You will need to enter your basic credentials at the portal to download your CAT 2022 Hall Ticket. Keep in mind that no one will be allowed to take entry in the examination hall without admit card.
CAT 2022 Syllabus
Knowing the syllabus is the first step toward the preparation of any exam. You have around 4 months to prepare for the CAT 2022 exam. We are providing her CAT Syllabus 2022. It will guide you during your preparation.
- Quantitative Ability – Sequences & Series, Surds & Indices, Coordinate Geometry & Mensuration Inequalities, Percentages, Simple & Compound Interest, Logarithm, Binomial Theorem, Complex Numbers, Quadratic & Linear Equations, Probability, Set Theory, Functions & Geometry, Mixtures & Allegations, Trigonometry, Profit, Loss & Discount, Permutation and Combination, Number Systems, LCM & HCF, Speed, Time & Distance, Time & Work, Ratio & Proportion, Averages.
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension – Summary Questions, Synonyms Antonyms (Vocabulary Based), Correction in Sentence, Facts Inferences Judgements, Grammar or English Usage, Fill in the blanks, Verbal Reasoning, Meaning/Usage Match, Jumbled Paragraph and Close Passage Reading Comprehension, Analogies and Reverse Analogies
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning – Calendars, Cubes and Clocks, Line Charts & Pie Chart, Number and Letter Series, Binary Logic, Logical Matching, Connectives & Sequence, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Blood Relations, Bar Graphs and Column Graphs, Caselets and Tables, Venn Diagrams, Combination of two or more types linked to each other
For a better understanding of the CAT, we are making you aware of the CAT 2022 Exam Pattern. It will help in boosting your score. You can prepare yourself better if you know about the Exam Pattern, Marks, Sections, No of Questions, etc. Check below.
- Mode of the Exam – CAT 2022 will be conducted through an online mode
- Type of the Questions – The paper will contain both Objective and Non-Objective Types of questions.
- Exam Duration – 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Exam Centres – Exam centers will be available all across the country.
- Marking Pattern – 3 marks will be given for each correct answer and minus one for the wrong one. No negative marking in the subjective portion of the exam
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer in the objective type section. No negative marking will be done in the subjective section.
|Section||Multiple Choice Questions||Non Multiple Choice Questions||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability (Section III)||27||7||102|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (Section I)||24||10||102|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (Section II)||24||8||96|
CAT 2022 Result
The result will be published In the first week of January 2023. It will be available through online mode. Students will be given admission to the top management institutes of the country based on their performance in the exam. The authorities will release the CAT 2022 Result only on the official website. You will also get the direct link here for the official website to check your result. At the CAT Portal, a login credential will be required by student to check the result.