IGNOU OPENNET Admissions 2020: IGNOU offers admission to Post Basic Nursing. It is a three years course and the admission is done through an entrance Test known as OPENNET. The Post Basic Nursing course offered by IGNOU is approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC). The admission to the course will be done strictly on the basis of merit in the entrance examination and counselling will be done Regional Centre wise, strictly in the order of merit. Thus, it is an excellent opportunity for candidates who want to pursue P.B Nursing from IGNOU. For more details about IGNOU OPENNET Admissions 2020 application form, eligibility, and selection procedure, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
IGNOU OPENNET Admissions 2020
Further, interested candidates have to first fill and submit the application form to apply. Candidates may not receive notifications about the IGNOU OPENNET 2020. Thus, the candidate should be aware of the exam activities schedule. The officials haven’t announced the dates of the events. However, the tentative schedule of the exam activities is given below. The dates will be updated here after the official announcement.
|VIII Application form||11 September 2020|
|Last date of submission of Application form||10 October 2020|
|Admit Card date||18 October 2020|
|Date of Entrance Test||09 Nov 2020|
|Declaration of Result||December 2020|
|Region-wise Counselling||December 2020/January|
|Final Admission||January 2020|
Check – BVP M.Sc Nursing 2020
IGNOU OPENNET Admissions Eligibility Criteria 2020
It is important for each of the candidates to satisfy the eligibility criteria. The students failing to do so, will not be eligible to fill the application form. Moreover, if any of the candidates’ will found to be ineligible at later stages, then also their candidature will be canceled. Hence, do check the eligibility conditions carefully. Furthermore, the Eligibility Criteria of IGNOU OPENNET 2020 is as follows:
Education and Experience
- In-service Nurses i.e. Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (RNRM) having 10+2 with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of two years experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession.
- In-service Nurses (RNRM) having 10th class (Matriculation) or equivalent with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of five years experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession.
- For male nurses, who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme should have a certificate in any of the Nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery, in addition to the above educational qualifications.
There is no maximum age limit for applying to the course. Thus, your age does not make any difference. Candidates of any age can apply for the offered course.
Duration of Programme
The Course is of a minimum duration of three years. However, a maximum of 5 years is allowed for completion. Candidates who do not complete the course even in five years from the date of registration will have to fill the Readmission form with payment of the fee for each incomplete course of theory and practical components.
IGNOU OPENNET Application Form 2020
Candidates can obtain the forms from IGNOU centres or it can also be downloaded from the official website (www.onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in). Moreover, candidates should fill in the application form carefully. The details you will provide in it will be used for the entire admission process or even after that. Further, the details you will enter should match the information present in your documents. The other important details about the application procedure are mentioned below.
Note the following points Regarding IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Admissions:
- The admission will be made once in a year for in-service nurses.
- The application form can also be downloaded from the IGNOU website www.ignou.ac.in. or obtained from Regional Centre IGNOU directly or by post on payment of Rs.1000/-
- In case the entrance test form is downloaded, a demand draft of Rs.1050/- should be sent along with the form.
- The applications should be submitted in the prescribed form (OPENNET-VII) so as to reach the following address before the due date:
Student Evaluation Divison,
IGNOU OPENNET Exam Pattern (VIII) 2020
The following points highlight the exam pattern of OPENNET VIII:
- The questions will be objective type in nature.
- The number of questions in the exam will be 120.
- Every question will bear 1 mark for every question.
- The question paper will cover subjects taught in GNM.
IGNOU OPENNET Result 2020
The Result of the entrance test will be declared tentatively in mid of October/November, which will be uploaded on the IGNOU website www.ignou.ac.in. Information about the next step of admission process will be communicated by the concerned regional centre. So, contact the regional centre for further information. Further, the result will be available in online mode only. Candidates will receive a notification as well for the exam result declaration. However, you should check the official website frequently for updates.
IGNOU OPENNET Merit List 2020
Region-wise merit list for admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing January 2020 session will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam. In this list, the candidates will be ranked in order of merit. This list helps the authorities in segregating candidates on the basis of merit. Further, only the merit students will be eligible for the admission process. Moreover, the list will be released in online mode and will be available on the official website. It will further be available in PDF format. Thus, the candidates will be able to download it easily.
Criteria for breaking a Tie
In case of a Tie i.e candidates scoring same marks in the entrance, the following aspects in the given order of preference will be exercised to break it:
- Length of relevant experience: Candidates with more years of experience will be ranked higher.
- The Over all percentage of marks secured in GNM examination: If the tie does not get resolved, aggregate marks of GNM in all the three years will be considered for calculating the percentage/merit.
- Date of Birth: If the tie between the candidates still does not get resolved, the date of birth will be considered. Candidates born earlier will be given a higher rank than those born later.
- Draw of Lot: If there is a tie even after applying all the above criteria, then the rank will be decided through a draw of lot.
Counselling Procedure of IGNOU OPENNET VIII
- Counseling will be done at the respective IGNOU Regional Centres as per Region wise merit list drawn.
- In case, there are more than one Programme Study Centre (PSC) under a Regional Centre, candidates will be asked to give their options(s). This option will be treated as final for the purpose of counselling & allocation of Centre will be done on the basis of the merit list.
- The Number of applicants called for counselling may be more than the total number of seats available in order to make an effort to fill the seats.
- However, in case any seat(s) remains vacant after 1st counseling, additional counseling session(s) will be conducted as may be required by the concerned Regional Centres.
At the time of counselling, the following documents will have to be submitted by the candidates for verification:
- Original admit card for entrance test
- 10+2 certificate
- Valid RNRM Registration Certificate
- Experience Certificate (to be counted after RNRM registration till the last date of receipt of the application form by the University).
- GNM Mark Sheet
- Certificate of date of birth
- NOC from the organization where you are working
- Category Certificate for SC/ST / Non Creamy layer of OBC (validity not more than three years after issuance till the last date of submission of the application form)/ PH/ Kashmiri Migrant/War Widow candidates wherever required.
- Income certificate in case of Non-creamy layer of OBC
- Two (2) passport size photographs
- Photocopy of application form
Programme Fees For IGNOU OPENNET
The Programme fee of Rs.15,000/- will have to be submitted during the time of counselling. The programme fee should be paid only by Demand Draft drawn in the favour of IGNOU. On the back of Demand Draft write your name, address and telephone number to ensure proper credit to your account.