IGNOU OPENNET Admissions 2021: IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) offers admission to Post Basic Nursing. It is a three years course and the admission is done through an entrance Test known as OPENNET. The Post Basic Nursing course offered by IGNOU is approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC). The admission to the course is done strictly on the basis of merit in the entrance examination and counselling is done at Regional Centre wise, strictly in the order of merit. Thus, it is an excellent opportunity for candidates who want to pursue P.B Nursing from IGNOU. For more details about IGNOU OPENNET Admissions 2021 application form, eligibility, and selection procedure, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
IGNOU OPENNET Admissions 2021
Further, interested candidates have to first fill and submit the application form to apply. Candidates may not receive notifications about the IGNOU 2021 OPENNET. Thus, the candidate should be aware of the exam activities schedule. All the Important Event Dates are hence mentioned below. Further, the application form is released for a limited period of time. So, do submit it before the due date or else it could be a reason for a form rejection.
|Application form||– July 2021 –|
|Last date of submission of the Application form||– July/ August 2021 –|
|Admit Card date||– August 2021 –|
|Date of Entrance Test||– August 2021 –|
|Declaration of Result||– September 2021 –|
|Region-wise Counselling||– September 2021 –|
|Final Admission||– September/ October 2021 –|
Check – BVP M.Sc Nursing 2021
IGNOU OPENNET Admissions Eligibility Criteria 2021
It is important for each of the candidates to satisfy the eligibility criteria. The students failing to do so, cannot sit for the exam. Moreover, if any of the candidates is found to be ineligible at later stages, then also their candidature can be cancelled. Hence, do check the eligibility conditions carefully. Furthermore, the Eligibility Criteria of IGNOU OPENNET 2021 is as follows:
Education and Experience
- In-service Nurses i.e. Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (RNRM) having 10+2 with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of two years experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession.
- In-service Nurses (RNRM) having 10th class (Matriculation) or equivalent with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of five years experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession.
- For male nurses, who have not done midwifery in the GNM Programme should have a certificate in any of the Nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery, in addition to the above educational qualifications.
- There is no maximum age limit for applying to the course.
- Thus, your age does not make any difference. Candidates of any age can apply for the offered course.
Duration of Programme
- The Course is of a minimum duration of three years.
- A maximum of 5 years is allowed for completion. Candidates who do not complete the course even in five years from the date of registration have to fill the Readmission form with payment of the fee for each incomplete course of theory and practical components.
IGNOU OPENNET Application Form 2021
Candidates can obtain the forms from IGNOU centres or it can also be downloaded from the official website (www.onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in). Moreover, candidates should fill in the application form carefully. The details you provide in it are used for the entire admission process or even after that. Further, the details you have provided should match the information present in your documents. The other important details about the application procedure are mentioned below.
Note the following points Regarding IGNOU OPENNET 2021 Admissions:
- The admission process is carried out once a year for in-service nurses.
- The application form can also be downloaded from the IGNOU website www.ignou.ac.in. or obtained from Regional Centre IGNOU directly or by post on payment of Rs.1000/-
- In case the entrance test form is downloaded, a demand draft of Rs.1050/- should be sent along with the form.
- The applications should be submitted in the prescribed form (OPENNET-VII) so as to reach the following address before the due date:
Student Evaluation Divison,
IGNOU OPENNET Exam Pattern (VIII) 2021
The following points highlight the exam pattern of OPENNET VIII:
- The questions are objective type in nature.
- The number of questions in the exam shall be 120.
- Every question bears 1 mark for every question.
- The question paper cover subjects taught in GNM.
IGNOU OPENNET Result 2021
The Result of the entrance test is declared on the IGNOU website www.ignou.ac.in. Information about the next step of the admission process is communicated by the concerned regional centre. So, contact the regional centre for further information. Further, the IGNOU OPENNET Result 2021 shall be available in online mode only. Candidates can find details on their scorecards such as the Registration Number, Qualifying Status, and Exam Score.
IGNOU OPENNET Merit List 2021
Region-wise merit list for admission to Post Basic B.Sc.nursing 2021 session is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam. In this list, the candidates are ranked in order of merit. This list helps the authorities in segregating candidates on the basis of merit. Further, only the merit students are eligible for the admission process. IGNOU OPENNET 2021 Rank List is further released in PDF format. Thus, the candidates can download it easily.
Criteria for breaking a Tie
In case of a Tie i.e candidates scoring the same marks in the entrance, the following aspects in the given order of preference are exercised to break it:
- Length of relevant experience: Candidates with more years of experience are ranked higher.
- The Overall percentage of marks secured in the GNM examination: If the tie does not get resolved, aggregate marks of GNM in all three years are considered for calculating the percentage/ merit.
- Date of Birth: If the tie between the candidates still does not get resolved, the date of birth is considered. Candidates born earlier are given a higher rank than those born later.
- The draw of Lot: If there is a tie even after applying all the above criteria, then the rank is decided through a draw of lot.
Counselling Procedure of IGNOU OPENNET VIII
- Counselling is done at the respective IGNOU Regional Centres as per Region wise merit list drawn.
- In case, there is more than one Programme Study Centre (PSC) under a Regional Centre, candidates will be asked to give their options(s). This option is treated as final for the purpose of counselling & allocation of Centre is done on the basis of the merit list.
- The Number of applicants called for counselling may be more than the total number of seats available in order to make an effort to fill the seats.
- However, in case any seat(s) remains vacant after 1st counselling, additional counselling session(s) will be conducted as may be required by the concerned Regional Centres.
At the time of counselling, the following documents have to be submitted by the candidates for verification:
- Original admit card for an entrance test
- 10+2 certificate
- Valid RNRM Registration Certificate
- Experience Certificate (to be counted after RNRM registration till the last date of receipt of the application form by the University).
- GNM Mark Sheet
- Certificate of date of birth
- NOC from the organization where you are working
- Category Certificate for SC/ST / Non Creamy layer of OBC (validity not more than three years after issuance till the last date of submission of the application form)/ PH/ Kashmiri Migrant/War Widow candidates wherever required.
- Income certificate in case of Non-creamy layer of OBC
- Two (2) passport size photographs
- Photocopy of application form
Programme Fees For IGNOU OPENNET
- The Programme fee of Rs.15,000/- has to be submitted during the time of counselling.
- The programme fee should be paid only by Demand Draft drawn in the favour of IGNOU. On the back of Demand Draft write your name, address, and telephone number to ensure proper credit to your account.