JEE Main 2022: NTA has reopened the JEE Main 2022 Application form. Students can now fill JEE Main Application Form from 18th April to 25th April 2022. Those who are eligible can fill the application form at jeemain.nta.nic.in. Exam dates for JEE Main 2022 has also been revised. Now JEE Main exam session 1 exam will be conducted on 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, and 29 June 2022. The official body will conduct JEE Main 2022 two times – April and May. But this time first session will be conducted in June. Before filling out the application form, students are advised to check JEE Main 2022 eligibility Criteria. Joint Entrance Exam Mains is all India level examination through which B.Tech/ B.E, B.Arch, and B.Plan admissions are offered in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, and other engineering, architecture, and planning institutes.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
The top 250000 students get the opportunity to appear for the JEE Advanced. The National Testing Agency is responsible for conducting the JEE Main 2022. Candidates can check out all the latest updates of NTA JEE Main here.
JEE Main 2022 Application Form Reopened – Click here to apply Online
Benefits Of Conducting The Entrance Test In “Multiple Sessions”
If the NTA engineering joint entrance exam is conducted in multiple sessions, then it benefits the candidates in the following ways-
- It gives multiple opportunities to the candidates to improve their scores in the examination if they fail to give their best in the first attempt without wasting their whole academic year.
- This also reduces the chances of dropping a year. Droppers don’t have to waste their full year.
- In the first attempt, the students get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and will get to know their mistakes which they can improve next time.
- If a student misses the exam due to certain reasons, then he/she do not have to wait for one year.
- The best 2022 NTA Scores is considered for preparing the merit list and ranking.
Joint Engineering Entrance Test 2022 Exam Dates
|Application Form release date||1st March 2022 (Released)||April 2022|
|Last date of the submission of online form||25th April 2022||To be announced|
|Application Form Correction||To be announced||To be announced|
|Admit Card Release Date||June 2022||Third week of May 2022|
|Exam Date||20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, and 29 June||July 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30, 2022|
|Final Answer Key||To be announced||To be announced|
|JEE Main result date||To be announced||To be announced|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2022
The Eligibility Criteria is the most important factor in the JEE Main Admission Process. Only the eligible candidates can fill the form. NTA follows strict guidelines in terms of the JEE Main 2022 eligibility criteria. Thus, candidates have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to fill the online JEE Main Form. Candidates must look into factors such as age limit, qualifying education, marks, exam, etc. As there are two papers in the entrance test, candidates should look at the eligibility criteria as per the paper wise.
Age-Limit Criteria, Nationality, Attempts, etc.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to appear in the JEE March/April/May 2022 exam. Candidates who have passed Class 12th or equivalent in 2020, 2021, or appearing in 2022 can also apply.
- Nationality: Indian Nationals, as well as International Applicants, are also eligible to appear JEE Main. However, International Candidates from foreign countries must obtain the necessary marks from the board of the Association of Indian Universities.
- Attempt Limits: There is no attempt limit to appear JEE Main 2022.
List of Qualifying Examinations
- The Final Examination of 10+2 System conducted by any recognized Central/State Board such as CBSE, Council for the Indian School Certificate Exams, New Delhi, etc.
- Intermediate or Two-Year Pre-University Exam conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- The Final Exam of the two-year course of Joint Services Wing of National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Exam conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School /Board/University Examination in India or any Foreign Country.
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education with a duration of three years.
- Must have passed the General Certificate Education (GCE) Exam at Advanced (A) Level.
- Must have passed the High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Year of Appearance in the Qualifying Examination
- Candidates who have passed Class 12th/Equivalent Examination in 2020, 2021 or those who are appearing in the 12th/equivalent exam in 2022 are also eligible to appear.
- Applicants who have passed the Class 12th or equivalent exam in 2018 or before or those who are appearing in 2022 are not eligible for the exam.
JEE Main 2022 State Code of Eligibility
- The State Code of Eligibility means the code of the State from where the candidates have passed Class XII.
- Candidates have to fill the State Code of Eligibility at the time of the Registration Process. They have to choose the state code of eligibility from which they have passed their 12th Exam.
- The JEE Main State Eligibility Code does not depend upon the Native or the Residence Place of the Candidate.
- Candidates who have passed 12th Class from NIOS must select the State Code of Eligibility according to the State in which their study centre is located.
- Indian Nationals who have passed Class 12th from Nepal/Bhutan, their State Code of Eligibility will be determined based on the permanent address given in the passport.
- For the candidates who have passed Class 12th from abroad, their State Code of Eligibility will be determined on the basis of the Permanent Address of India provided in the passport.
JEE Main Application Form 2022
The JEE Main 2022 April session Application Form available on official website- jeemain.nta.nic.in. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can fill the JEE Main Application Form. However, before filling the application form, the candidate has to go through all the instructions carefully and enter the details correctly. The filling procedure of the JEE Main Application Form 2022 is covered in four stages. In the process of filling the form, candidates have to enter the personal details, educational details and upload the image, signature, and documents required. Overall candidates must clear fully fill the form with the correct details.
The registration fee of the JEE Main 2022 online application form will differ as per the category, gender, and residence (India or outside India). Last year in 2020, NTA has revised the application fee and there was a rise in the fee.
|Paper-1 (B.E./ B.Tech.) or Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)||In India||General/Gen-EWS/ OBC (NCL)||Rs 650/-||Rs 325/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs 325/-||Rs 325/-|
|Outside India||General/Gen-EWS/ OBC (NCL)||Rs 3000/-||Rs 1500/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs 1500/-||Rs 1500/-|
|Both Paper-1 (B.E./ B.Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)||In India||General/ Gen-EWS/OBC (NCL)||Rs 1300/-||Rs 650/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs 650/-||Rs 650/-|
|Outside India||General/Gen-EWS OBC (NCL)||Rs 6000/-||Rs 3000/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs 3000/-||Rs 3000/-|
JEE Main Application Form Correction 2022
Candidates are advised to fill the registration form with the correct credentials. But many times candidates make mistakes while filling the form. So after the application and payment procedure is done, NTA will activate the link for the correction in the application form. This is a one-time facility for the students to make correction in JEE Main 2022 form. Candidates who have paid the JEE Main 2022 Application Fees will be able to make the changes in the form. It must be noted that not all the sections of the information in the registration form can be edited.
Candidates can make only certain changes in the application form like category, exam cities, language, name, image, category, etc. Hence, the corrections are open for a few sections only. Once, the final correction is done, no further changes can be done later.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2022
NTA has made changes in the exam pattern in 2022. Each section of the question paper is subdivided into two categories i.e MCQ and Numerical Based Questions. However, the mode of the exam is online. In order to have a better understanding of the JEE Main 2022 exam pattern look into the table given below:
Subject-Wise Distribution of Questions and Marks
Here, candidates can check the latest section-wise distribution of questions and marks.
|Subject name||Section “A” (MCQs)||Section “B” (Answer with Numerical Value)||Marks|
|Total||90 Questions||300 Marks|
Paper-2A (B.Arch) Distribution of Marks and Questions
|Subject||Number of Questions (section-A)||Section-B||Marks|
|Aptitude Test (Part-II)||50||–||200|
|Drawing Test (Part-II)||02||0||100|
|Total||82 Questions||400 Marks|
B.Planning (Paper 2B) Distribution of Questions and Marks
|Subject||Number of Questions (section-A)||Section-B||Marks|
|Aptitude Test (Part-II)||50||–||200|
|Planning Based Objective Type of Questions||25||–||100|
|Total||105 Questions||400 Marks|
Scheme of the JEE Main Exam 2022
|Paper||Subjects||Question Paper Format||Exam Mode|
|B.E/B.Tech (Paper I)||Maths, Physics, and Chemistry||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Questions for which answer has a numerical value with equal weightage to MPC||Computer Based Test only|
|B.Arch (Paper 2 A)||Mathematics||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Questions for which answer has a numerical value||Computer Based Test|
|Drawing Test||Questions to test drawing aptitude||Pen and Paper Based (Offline Mode)|
|B.Planning||Mathematics||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Questions for which answer has a numerical value||Computer Based Test|
|Planning Based Questions||MCQs|
Choice of Medium of Question Papers
The medium of question paper is available in the following languages-
|English||All examination centres|
|Hindi||All examination centres in India|
|English and Assamese||Exam Centers in Assam|
|Bengali and English||West Bengal, Tripura, and Andaman and Nicobar Islands Exam centers|
|Gujarati and English||Gujarat, Daman and Diu, and Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|English and Kannada||Karnataka|
|English and Marathi||Maharashtra|
|Malayalam and English||Kerala and Lakshadweep|
|Urdu and English||All the Exam Centers in India|
|English and Telugu||Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|Odia and English||Examination Centers in Odia|
|English and Punjabi||Exam Centers in Punjab, Chandigarh, and Delhi|
|Marking Scheme for MCQs||Correct Answer||Four marks (+4)|
|Unanswered /Marked for Review||No mark (0)|
|Incorrect Answer/Multiple Answer||Minus one mark (-1)|
|Marking Scheme for questions|
for which answer is a Numerical
|Correct Answer||Four marks (+4)|
|Unanswered /Marked for Review||No mark (0)|
|Incorrect Answer/Multiple Answer||No mark (0)|
|Marking Scheme for|
Drawing Test –Part III
|Two questions to be evaluated out of 100 marks.|
JEE Main 2022 Syllabus
The National Testing Agency releases the exam syllabus on the official website- jeemain.nta.nic.in. The Education Ministry has hinted to revise and reduce the JEE Main Syllabus 2022, as there has been a 30% reduction in CBSE XI, and XII Syllabus. Students can download the JEE Main Syllabus PDF once it is released. The Entrance Exam Syllabus will be available Paper-Wise which is as follows-
- The Paper I Syllabus covers the topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Paper 2 syllabus covers the topics from Aptitude, Drawing, and Mathematics.
- While, the syllabus for paper III will cover the topics from Mathematics, Aptitude, and Planning-Based Questions.
JEE Main 2022 Preparation Tips
- Candidates should start with a tough subject/topic as they have more time now so they can do more work on it. Sounds tough but we know you can do it!
- Many candidates prefer only reference books for preparation. But instead, they should study NCERT books. NCERT Books are very important and helpful in JEE Main 2022 Preparation.
- Candidates can purchase the Mock Test Series and practice them regularly which will help them to know about their preparation level.
- Download old question papers and analyze the important topics and the pattern of questions. Turn into Sherlock and dig out the web for sample papers.
- Prepare a sheet of important formulas and paste it near your study table or study area. Revise it regularly to memorize the formulas.
JEE Main Previous Years Question Paper
The candidates preparing for the exam must look at the previous year’s question paper. This is beneficial to the students as they will familiarize themselves with the type of questions asked in the exam. They will also get an idea about their preparation level indicating the weak and strength zone. Thus accordingly the students will work in their respective areas. It is very easy to get the JEE Main previous year’s question as it is in PDF format. Check Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics question paper. One of the important things which the question papers reflect is the weightage of the chapter with respect to the subject.
JEE Main Mock Test 2022
The National Testing Agency releases the JEE Main Mock test. But what is a Mock test? The mock test will give the candidate an idea of how the real-time exam will look like. It is, in easier terms, “a copy of the real exam”. Since the exam is conducted in the computer-based mode, the mock test helps in practising the test before taking the actual exam. NTA has set up a lot of practice centres of JEE Main mock test 2022 to help the aspirants with their preparation for the examination. So, there is an option for candidates to either take the JEE Main mock test 2022 sitting at home or to take it in the test practice centres near them. Mock tests will be beneficial for all candidates as they will be able to practice whatever they have studied, know the exam pattern, and manage time.
Want to Prepare for the exam in a Fun way? Take a break and check out these YouTube Channels for preparation of JEE Main
JEE Main Admit Card 2022
In order to carry the exam, candidates must have an Admit card. It acts as an identity for the person who takes the exam. One can download the hall ticket from the website as it will be available online. To download the JEE Main admit card, candidates have to log in their id by entering the application no. and Password/D.O.B. Only the candidates who will successfully submit the application form will be able to download the Admit Card.
It will carry the list of information in it such as the candidate’s name, application no., centre name etc. Candidates must keep the note that NTA will not send the admit card in their email or address. All candidates should check the details very carefully printed on the admit card
Note: Any kind of discrepancy in the admit card should be informed to NTA before the exam. The contact address is given below.
Things Required To Enter The Examination Hall
- Photocopy of the admit card/hall ticket.
- A passport size photograph.
- A photo ID issued by any Government agency such as PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar Card.
- PwD certificate, if claiming the relaxation under the PwD category.
JEE Main Exam Centres 2022
JEE Mains 2022 will take place in many cities across the country. The NTA will release a list of JEE Main exam centers for the academic session of 2022-23. While filling the application form, candidates will be required to fill in at least 4 test centers from the list provided. Exam centres for all the registered candidates will be allotted after the application procedure is over.
JEE Main Answer Key 2022
The JEE Main 2022 answer key for Paper 1 & 2 is available on the official website. After the commencement of each session, an answer key is released. Before the official answer key, the unofficial answer key is released by different institutes like Resonance, Aleen, Career Point, Aakash, etc. One can download the answer key to estimate their percentile. Along with the answer key candidates can also check the Memory Based Question Paper. Candidates who had appeared in the examination will be able to compare their responses with the answer key. The JEE Main answer key can be downloaded by a candidate by using the link available here. With the help of the answer key, a candidate can predict the score and the rank.
JEE Main Result 2022
NTA releases the result once the exam session is over. However, the session-wise results will also be declared in terms of percentile scored by the candidates. One can download the result from the official site. Important credentials like application no., Password/D.O.B is required in order to have the result.
The JEE Main Final Result contains the qualifying status for JEE Advanced. Candidates who qualify for the entrance test and meet the specified cutoff are eligible to take the JEE Advanced 2022 Exam. As a result, candidates can take admission into various institutes like NITs, IITs, and GFTIs for B.Tech Courses. The Result of JEE Main percentile will be calculated corresponding to the raw marks obtained by candidates.
Result Normalization of Joint Engineering Entrance Exam
National Testing Agency will use the policy of ‘Normalization Procedure based on percentile Score’ in order to overcome such a problem of the unequal gain of marks. Now the normalization Procedure will be used for the JEE main result (jeemain.nic.in result 2022) which will be based on Percentile Score in order to ensure that the level of exam is equal for every candidate appearing for the exam. Normalization will be done to make sure there is no uneven difficulty level in the exam.
JEE Main Merit List 2022
The merit list consists of the performance of the students of all four sessions i.e Feb, March, April, and May 2022. The best of the examinations is taken into consideration to prepare the merit list of JEE Main 2022. Thus accordingly the rank is given to the candidates. And thus through this rank, the candidates get to know about the institution or college they will get. Many times candidates acquire the same score, so in this type of situation following things are taken into note to rank the candidates.
- If there is a tie then, candidates having more percentile in Mathematics will be preferred.
- The tie still persists then candidates who secure more in Physics will be considered.
- Still, the tie is not gone, then a higher percentile score in Chemistry will be taken into consideration
- Lastly when the tie is not resolved then the candidates older in age will be preferred.
JEE Main 2022 Rank List
- NTA releases the Rank List in the month of May 2022
- The rank list is prepared based on the candidate’s score in JEE Main.
- The JEE Main Rank list will reflect the All India Rank (AIR) of the candidate and the category ranks.
- Admission to NITs, CFTIs, and IIITs will be done based on the Rank List published by NTA.
- Candidates can access the rank list by entering their roll number and date of birth.
JEE Main Cutoff 2022
The NTA will be in charge of releasing the cutoff for JEE Main 2022. The JEE Main cut off 2022 is the minimum qualifying marks that a candidate needs to obtain in order to get a good rank and thus admission to the specific institute he/she wants to apply to. The cutoff publishes as per the category wise also.
JEE Main Qualifying Cutoff 2021
JEE Main 2020 Cut off
Candidates can check the JEE Main 2020 cut-off marks and trend analysis below category-wise.
|Category||JEE Main Cutoff 2020|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||50.1760245|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||39.0696101|
JEE Main 2019 Cut Off
|Category||JEE Main Paper 1 Cut Off 2019|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||89.7548849|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||74.3166557|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||44.3345172|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||54.0128155|
JEE Main Cutoff Previous Years
Certain seats are reserved for the reserved category. Candidates must keep the knowledge regarding the reservation percentage as per the category. The below table shows the percentage as per the category. Check JEE Main Seat Reservation
|3||OBC (Non-Creamy Layer – NCL, where the annual income of family < Rs. 8 lakh)||27%|
|4||The person with Disabilities (with 40% or more disability)||5%|
|5||Economically Weaker Section||10%|
JEE Main 2022 Counselling
The JEE Main 2022 counselling will be conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). This is the most crucial and career-deciding Phase of the whole JEE admission process.
- The Counselling will be conducted by JoSAA/ CSAB for admission to NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs.
- For the seat allotment procedure, the candidate will have to mandatorily participate in the counselling.
- Admission to the institute will be based on AIR and choices filled by the candidate.
Have you read our team member’s story about getting the last rank in JEE Main and still getting admission in NIT? Read the Full Story HERE
Participating Institutes 2022
NTA JEE Main is conducted for admission to 31 NITs (National Institute of Technology), 23 IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology), 20 GFTIs (Government Funded Technical Institutes), and 23 IITs (Indian Institution of Technology). Candidates appearing for JEE Main will be getting admission to any one of these depending on their ranks. Check JEE Main Participating Institutes
National Testing Agency
C-20 1A/8 ,Sector 62 IITK Outreach Centre, NOIDA-201309
Email: [email protected]
Official Website: www.nta.ac.in
Look At The Top Engineering Colleges/Institutes In India
JEE Main Registration Statistics (February Session 2021)
JEE Main Registration Statistics (Past 10 Years)
The Registration Statistics states the number of candidates registered for the JEE Main Exam for the past 10 years.
|JEE Main Examination Year||Number of Applicants Registered|
|January 2020||13 Lakhs|
|February 2021||6.52 lacs|
JEE Main Helpline Numbers
The National Testing Agency has provided Helpline Numbers so that the candidates can contact the authorities regarding the Exam-Related Queries through SMS/Text Messages. The JEE Main Helpline Numbers will remain operational from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
NTA SMS Helpline Numbers for COVID-19
|NTA Text Helpline Numbers||8178359845|
- For Transaction Related Queries, Click Here
- For Mock Test Related Queries, contact- [email protected]
NTA Address Details
Check Out NITs, IITs & IIITs Cut Offs
Candidates must check out the previous years cut off of the different NITs, IITs, and IIITs. Thus as per their marks and the rank, candidates will be able to analyze in which college/institution they have the chance to take admission.