CBSE Improvement Exam 2019: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) provides an opportunity to the students who want to increase their score in the board exams. Candidates who have passed the board exam but are not satisfied with the score secured can opt for this option. It should be noted that the only those candidates will be eligible to qualify for this exam who have qualified the board exams. For the Improvement exam, the student has to follow up the prescribed procedure as per defined by CBSE which includes filing up the Improvement form which will be made available by the examination conducting body of the Board. The candidate who appeared for the March 2018 exam and is not satisfied with her/his Result can give the improvement of the selected subjects in the Board exam of March 2019. Students are advised to keep themselves updated regarding the improvement forms which will be available tentatively in the month of July-August 2018. For more of the details go through the article below.
- 1 Rules for CBSE Improvement Exam 2019
- 2 Eligibility for CBSE Improvement Exam 2019
- 3 CBSE Improvement Exam 2019 Dates for 10th & 12th
- 4 Application Form for CBSE 2019 Improvement Exam
- 5 CBSE Improvement 2019 Exam Subject Wise Fees
- 6 CBSE Improvement Exam 2019 Admit Card
- 7 CBSE Improvement Exam Result 2019
- 8 FAQ’s
Rules for CBSE Improvement Exam 2019
- The candidates passed in 2018 and 2017 can apply for the improvement examination.
- Students can choose more than one subject for improvement.
- The application fee may increase as per the number of the subject chosen.
- After the CBSE 2019 improvement exam result you can prefer the latest result or improvement result.
Eligibility for CBSE Improvement Exam 2019
The students before planning on the filling of the Improvement exam are advised to go through the eligibility criteria as per described by CBSE Board. It should be noted that the candidate will be prohibited if the criteria are found not to be fulfilled by the Board.
- To appear for CBSE Improvement Exam 2019, the student is required to be passed in the Board Exam that they appeared for. For those who failed the exam, there are different provisions for which they can go for.
- Improvement exam is solely for the candidates who want to raise their score secured by them in the Board exam.
- Candidate must have studied from CBSE Board.
- If the candidate has a compartment in any subject, she/he will not be eligible to appear for the Improvement exam.
- Candidate cannot choose any additional subject for reappearing.
- The option of giving improvement is only for the Five main subjects.
- Candidate can apply for improvement for anyone subject or for all the five subjects.
- If a candidate passes the exam in 2018, she/he can appear for the exam in 2019.
CBSE Improvement Exam 2019 Dates for 10th & 12th
|S.No.||Exam Activities||Important Dates|
|1.||CBSE Improvement Exam Form 2018 Dates for Class 10 & 12||1st Week of July 2018|
|2.||CBSE Improvement Form 2018 Last Date for Class 10 & 12||2nd Week of July 2018|
|3.||CBSE Class 10 Improvement Exam 2018 Date||3rd Week of July 2018|
|4.||CBSE 12 Improvement Exam 2018 Date||3rd Week of July 2018|
|5.||Result Declaration Date for Both Exams||August 2018|
Application Form for CBSE 2019 Improvement Exam
Candidates planning to appear for the improvement exam for 2019 CBSE board exam will be required to fill up the Application Form which will be made available by CBSE. The Steps of applying for the Improvement exam is provided in the points below:
- Visit the official website of Central Board of Secondary education i.e. www.cbse.nic.in
- Navigate for the Apply Online Link to Improvement Exam on the Home Page.
- Candidates will be required to enter their School name and Roll Number.
- Next option will be of choosing the subjects in which the candidate wants to appear for the improvement.
- Select the examination centre out of the given choices.
- Go through the filled details thoroughly and click on the submit button.
- Pay the Application Fee either online or Bank Challan.
- It is advised to get the print out of the Application form for the future reference.
- The application fee is Rs. 200 for all candidates.
- The application fee can be paid in online mode or via challan.
CBSE Improvement 2019 Exam Subject Wise Fees
The fee structure for opting subjects are is as follows:
|The Number of Subjects||Fee (In Rs.)|
|Exam Fee for five Subjects under All India Scheme. |
Exam Fee for Five Subjects under Delhi Scheme.
| Fee for additional six Subjects under All India Scheme. |
Fee for additional six Subjects under Delhi Scheme.
|Fee for the practical exam under All India Scheme. |
Fee for the practical exam under Delhi Scheme.
|Fee for two subjects for improvement under All India Scheme. |
Fee for two subjects for improvement under Delhi Scheme.
Fee for three or more subjects for improvement under All India Scheme.
Fee for three or more subjects for improvement under Delhi Scheme.
|Exam Fee for overseas Candidate for five subject||3000|
|Fee for additional sixth Subject for foreign candidates||1000|
|Fee for Fee for the practical exam for foreign candidate||125|
|Fee for two subjects for improvement for foreign candidates |
Fee for three or more subjects for improvement for foreign candidates
CBSE Improvement Exam 2019 Admit Card
The CBSE Improvement Exam Admit card 2019 will be made available by the examination conducting body. Candidates who have filled up the Application form for the Improvement exam will be eligible to download the Admit card by providing their Application Number of the Improvement Form. The Admit Card for the candidates who have applied for the Improvement exam will be available along with for those who will be appearing for the regular board exam. It should be noted that the admit card is an important document to be bought on the day of the exam and in its absence candidate will be prohibited from taking the exam.
CBSE Improvement Exam Result 2019
The Result of CBSE improvement Exam 2019 will be released by the CBSE on the notified date along with the result of the Board exams. Candidates who appeared will be required to provide their Roll number for finding the score. It should be noted that the marks secured in the Improvement exam will be considered as the final score and the new mark sheet will be issued with the revised scores of the subjects for which the candidate has given the exam.
So here, we have provided some FAQ’s which are mostly asked by the candidates.
Ques – What if one wishes to improve his/her performance in Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12. Is it possible and how?
Ans – Yes, it’s possible. Candidates need to fill the CBSE Improvement Exam Form 2018 for the subjects in which they want to improve their scores. The candidates may appear privately or as regular students who want to appear for all subjects.
Ques – How many times one can appear for the Improvement examination?
Ans – Candidates have only one chance to appear for the examination in the consecutive year.
Ques – Is it possible for a candidate to appear simultaneously for CBSE Improvement as well as additional subject examination?
Ans – No, it’s not. As per the CBSE Improvement Exam Rules, the candidates can appear for examination in one or more subjects to improve their marks, but they can’t apply simultaneously for additional subject examination.
Ques – Is it compulsory to appear in all subjects in improvement exam CBSE 2018?
Ans – No, students can apply for one or more subjects as per their choices as mentioned in the CBSE improvement exam rules.
Ques – Is it compulsory to appear in theory and practical exams in the improvement examination?
Ans – If candidates have passed in practical in the main examinations, they are permitted to apply only for the theory part in CBSE class 12 Improvement Exam. And marks of practical scored in the main examination are carried forward and counted as it is.
Or if candidate have failed in practical then they have to apply for both practical and theory in the exam according to CBSE Improvement Exam Rules.