JEE Main 2020 Photo Size and Signature: JEE Main is the national engineering test which is conducted all across the nation. NTA is the conducting body of the JEE Main. While filling the application form candidates have to keep various things in mind. Apart from filing the online form candidates have to upload the scanned photograph and signature. Students have to be specific about the file format and size while uploading the photo and signature for JEE Main Application Form.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
Candidates have to upload JEE Main photo with name and date in a prescribed format. While uploading the photograph and image if the candidates make a mistake then they will not be given the second chance. Upload the correct Photograph and Signature as the facility for correction in images will not be given.
JEE Main Photo Requirement
Before uploading, the scanned images candidates have to read the instructions very carefully regarding the size of the file and dimension. The requirements of the photograph are:
- The photo should be coloured or black/white.
- Must have a clear contrast of the image.
- There is no need to upload the photo having Name and Date on it.
- Do not wear goggles and caps while having the photo. However, they can wear spectacles.
- The white background is preferred and must be clicked against light coloured.
- Straight looking relaxed faced should be there
- If flash is used while taking the picture then make sure that there is no “red-eye”.
- Make sure that the image should be clear for those who are going to have the image while having the spectacles.
- No caps, goggles are allowed, however religious headwear is allowed but it should not cover the face.
Note: Keep the passport size photograph for the coming events such as the time of entrance exam, seat allotment procedure, JEE Counselling, and admission.
JEE Main Photo Size In Pixels
|JEE Main Photo Specifications|
|Dimensions||3.5cm X 4.5cm|
|File Size||10KB – 200KB|
|Background||White ( Preferred)|
JEE Main Signature
The requirement of the scanned signature of the candidates and their father’s/mother’s/guardian’s signature that has to be uploaded are:
- Signature should be done in a white sheet with a black pen
- It should be in the running hand. Capital letter signature is invalid and leads to the rejection of the form. So always keep in mind that the signature should be in the running letters.
- Signature of the students in the attendance sheet at the time of JEE Main exam and signature on the call letters should match with the uploaded signature. The mismatch will lead to the disqualification.
How to Fill JEE Main Application Form 2020
JEE Main Signature Size In Pixel
|JEE Main Signature Specifications|
|Dimension||3.5cm X 1.5cm|
|File Size||4KB – 30KB|
JEE Main Instructions For Photo And Signature
- Scan the photograph and signature in order to upload it in the application form.
- Sign across the photograph in front of the invigilator in the attendance sheet.
- Must bring the copies of the recent passport size photograph. It must be same as in the application form.
Scanning the Photograph & Signature for JEE Main
Students must keep the following things in mind regarding the scanning of the photograph and image.
- Set the true colour and resolution of the scanner to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- NTA has mentioned the file size so it must be specific.
- Adjust the photograph and crop the image of the signature/photograph in the scanner as the size mentioned.
- Both the file of the signature and photograph should be in JPEG and JPG format
- Check the dimension before uploading the image.
- An error message will be displayed, if the file size, dimensions, and format are not as prescribed.
- A link will be provided to upload the photograph and signatures.
If Candidates Have Discrepancy In Photograph and Signature
Once done with the uploading of the photo and signature if candidates find any discrepancy in the admit card regarding photo and signature then they can reach out to the helpline provided by the conducting body. The other important things which they need to carry while going for the reporting are:
- Proof of the payment of a fee
- Confirmation Page Printout
- NTA will not entertain any request regarding non-receipt of online application form
Steps To Upload the Photograph and Signature
- Two separate links will be there to upload the photograph and signature.
- Click on the link i.e “Upload Photograph / Signature”.
- Click on Browse and select the file which saved the photograph and signature
- Select the respective file
- Click on the ‘Upload’ option
Following these steps candidates would be able to download the image of the photograph and signature.
JEE Main Photo and Signature FAQs