|Application Open for B Tech at UPES University||Apply Now|
All those candidates who want to make corrections of their Aadhaar Card details can now avail the facility made available by CBSE on the official website of JEE Main 2018. Click here to make the corrections.
CBSE has released JEE Main 2018 Admit Card on March 12, 2018 at around 7 pm. To know more about JEE Main Admit Card and How to Download it – Click Here
Joint Entrance Examination or JEE is internationally regarded as one of the most challenging entrance examination conducted by the CBSE ( Central Board of Secondary Education) for students who wish to pursue engineering at the undergraduate level. JEE Main, a national level examination, is conducted for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and other engineering colleges for the courses B.Tech/ B.E/B. Arch/B. Plan.
Only the students selected in JEE Main, are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced which has replaced IIT- JEE for admission to IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology). This replacement was made in 2012, when the government-run CBSE that earlier conducted the AIEEE and IIT- JEE for admission into NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, decided to conduct JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
Other institutes like Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology and the Indian Institute of Science that do not participate in the central IIT-JEE advanced counselling, use the JEE Advanced score for admission into their institutes.
As per the reports of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) the Government is considering to conduct only one engineering entrance test based on the lines of NEET (which is an entrance test for MBBS and BDS) while there have been other efforts to make JEE as the only entrance examination for all the engineering colleges in India.
- 1 Changes in JEE Main 2018
- 2 Important Dates to Remember
- 3 Admit Card for JEE Main 2018
- 4 JEE Main 2018 Exam Centers Complete List
- 5 JEE Main 2018 Slot Booking
- 6 Syllabus for JEE Main 2018
- 7 Exam Pattern for JEE Main 2018
- 8 How to Prepare for JEE Main 2018
- 9 Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2018
- 10 Eligibility Criteria for Admission in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs
- 11 JEE Main 2018 Application Form Correction
- 12 JEE Main 2018 Registration
- 13 JEE Main 2018 Application Form fees
- 14 JEE Main 2018 Answer key
- 15 Cut Off for JEE Main 2018
- 16 JEE Main 2018 Results
- 17 How to check the JEE Main 2018 Result
- 18 JEE Main 2018 Seat allocation and admission
- 19 JEE Main 2018 Counselling
- 20 FAQs On JEE Main 2018 Exam
Changes in JEE Main 2018
A recent change that has been made is regarding the Aadhaar Card. The Aadhaar Card will not be mandatory to take the JEE Main 2018. Till 2017, while filling up the application form, candidates had to fill in class 12th examination roll number that was later verified by the exam conducting authority – CBSE. From 2018 onwards, a change has been made. From now there will not be any verification of class 12th roll number. Another change that has already been announced is that while calculating the JEE Main Rank, there will be no weightage given to class 12th Marks. This is the reason that class 12th roll number will also not be verified. But it should be noted that at the time of counselling for admission to NITs, IIITs, and IITs, candidates will have to show class 12th Mark sheet with at least 75% marks.
Important Updates of JEE Main 2018
CBSE has just now released the Admit Card for aspirants on the official website. announced that JEE Main 2018 offline mode will be conducted on 8th April 2018 (Sunday) while the online exam is going to be held on 15th and 16 April 2018 (Sunday and Monday). The application form has also been released online on 1st December 2017 and the last date to fill the same is 1st January 2018. The application fee can be paid until 2nd January 2018. CBSE has also opened the application form correction window on 9th January 2018 where candidates can rectify any mistake made by them in the Application Form. The last date to rectify the mistakes is 22nd January,2018. Candidates can check out the list of JEE Main 2018 Exam Centers that has been released recently on the official website by CBSE.
Important Dates to Remember
|22th November 2017 (Released)||CBSE to release an official JEE Main 2018 Brochure|
|1st December 2017||Application form has been made available on jeemain.nic.in|
|1st January 2018||Last date to submit the form|
|9th January 2018||Start date to make corrections in the application form|
|22nd January 2018||Last chance to edit mistakes in the application form|
|8th December 2017||Start date for Removing discrepancies in uploaded images|
|2nd January 2018||Last date to pay Application Fee|
|12th March 2018||Download the admit card|
|8th April 2018 (Announced)||Offline exam (pen and paper based)|
|15th and 16th of April 2018 (Announced)||Online exam (computer based)|
|24th to 27th April 2018||Display of Answer keys|
|30th April 2018||Result Declaration|
Admit Card for JEE Main 2018
CBSE has released the admit card on 12th March 2018 only for those students who have successfully registered for JEE. To download the JEE Main 2018 Admit Card, the candidate will be required to login with application number and date of birth. It is necessary to keep the admit card safe as it will carry all the information required to enter the exam hall. A call centre will also be functional on all working days from 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM for general facilitation. The phone numbers of the call centre are available on the website of JEE Main.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Centers Complete List
While filling up the JEE Main 2018 Application form candidates will be required to enter the exam centers from the list published. Candidates opting for offline mode of exam can choose a maximum of 4 exam centers as per the availability. Aspirants opting for the computer-based online exam of JEE Main 2018 can choose only 1 exam center. Candidates must be very careful while entering the exam centers as no amendments can be made after the JEE Main 2018 application form has been submitted.
Check out the list of JEE Main 2018 Exam Centers that has just been released!
JEE Main 2018 Slot Booking
Applicants can book a slot while filling up the online application form that has been made available on the official JEE website from the 1st of December 2017. The slots can be booked only for Paper 1 which is conducted for B.E and B.Tech courses. The slot allotment will be done on first come, first serve basis. If in case, the candidate sits in more than one exam slot, his/ her candidature will be automatically canceled. In cases where the candidate has applied for the online exam but is not able to book a slot for the same, he/she will be allotted a slot by the exam conducting authority considering the availability of slots. Once the slots have been booked, candidates will not be able to change the slot or timing.
How to Book JEE Main 2018 Exam Slot. – Know Procedure Here
Syllabus for JEE Main 2018
What the candidate has to study for JEE 2018 for Paper 1 comprises of the subjects studied in class 11th and 12th but focusing mainly on Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Apart from this, the CBSE has published the JEE Main 2018 Syllabus in the official JEE Main 2018 brochure. The syllabus of Paper 2 is however slightly different comprising of Aptitude test, Drawing, and Mathematics.
|Sets, relations and functions||Physics and measurement||Some basic concepts in chemistry|
|Complex numbers and quadratic equation||Kinematics||States of matter|
|Matrices and Determinants||Laws of motion||Atomic structure|
|Permutations and Combinations||Work, energy and power||Chemical bonding and molecular structure|
|Mathematical Induction||Rotational motion||Chemical thermodynamics|
|Binomial theorem and its simple applications||Gravitation||Solutions|
|Sequences and series||Properties of solids and liquids||Equilibrium|
|Limit, continuity and differentiability||Thermodynamics||Redox reaction and electrochemistry|
|Integral calculus||Kinetic theory of gases||Chemical kinetics|
|Differential equations||Oscillation and waves||Surface chemistry|
|Coordinate geometry||Electrostatics||Classification of elements and periodicity in properties|
|Three dimensional geometry||Current electricity||General principles and processes of isolation of metals|
|Vector algebra||Magnetic effects of current and magnetism||Hydrogen|
|Statistics and probability||Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents||s block element|
|Trignometry||Electromagnetic waves||p block element|
|Mathematical reasoning||Optics||d and f block element|
|–||Dual nature of matter and radiation||Coordination compounds|
|–||Atoms and nuclei||Environmental chemistry|
|–||Electronic devices||Purification and characterization of organic compounds|
|–||Communication systems||Some basic principles of organic chemistry|
|–||–||Organic compounds containing halogen|
|–||–||Organic compounds containing oxygen|
|–||–||Organic compounds containing nitrogen|
|–||–||Chemistry in everyday life|
|–||–||Principles related to practical chemistry|
Exam Pattern for JEE Main 2018
The Pattern for the JEE Main 2018 Entrance Exam includes the structure and pattern of how the questions and marks are divided. Duration of the exam will be 3 hours for the given slot and center.
For Paper 1 the mode of examination will be both online and offline with multiple choice questions (MCQs). There will be a total of 90 questions and the paper will be marked out of 360. 1 mark will be deducted for each answer marked wrong.
For Paper 2, the mode of examination will be offline only. The questions for Mathematics and Aptitude test will be in MCQ format. The number of questions in this paper will be 82, marked out of a total of 390. Marking scheme for Maths and Aptitude test will remain same like that of Paper 1 but the drawing test will be marked on the drawing skill.
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
For paper 1 the slot timings are from 9:30 AM to 12:30 AM. And for paper 2 the exam time has been scheduled to 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. These two papers will be held in offline mode on the 8th of April 2018 (Sunday).
For candidates who have opted to give the online examination will have to appear for the examination on 15th and 16th of April 2018 (Sunday and Monday) and the exam will be held from 9:30 AM to 12:30 AM and if required will be conducted in the second shift from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
Please note that the Computer Based Examination for Paper –1 in Colombo, Dhaka, Kathmandu, Singapore, Bahrain, Dubai, Muscat, Riyadh, Qatar, Sharjah and Dhaka will be held on 15th April 2018.
Choice Of Medium Of Examination
- for all the examination centres cities, candidates can choose the medium of the question paper as English and Hindi.
- For examination centres Cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, candidates can choose the medium of question paper in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
Now Have a look at these previous year’s question papers:
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2018
Engineering aspirants who seek to find a seat in the reputed IITs and NIITs need to have a focused mind and strategize their JEE Main 2018 preparation for the exam.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare:
- Earliest preparation can start by staying focused in school during the 11th and 12th standard which covers most concepts that are a part of the JEE question paper.
- Chart out a timetable on a daily basis that gives you ample amount of time to revise.
- Keeping yourself in sync with previous year’s question papers will help become familiar with the concepts and pattern and will allow you to practice different questions simultaneously.
- Clarify your doubts whenever in need.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2018
Candidates must fulfill all the JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria before filling up the form.
Age – An ideal candidate’s date of birth should be on or after 1st October 1993. For all the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) are to be granted a relaxation of 5 years. So, candidates who belong to this category can have a date of birth on or from 1st October 1988.
- The candidate must have passed 12th standard examination/qualifying exam with at least 5 subjects out of which Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and English are core subjects.
- An acceptable list of qualifying exams will be given in the official JEE main brochure. It will include 10+2 final exam by a recognized board, Inter or PU exams, NDA final examination, SSSE by NIOS with a minimum of 5 subjects, school/ board/ university recognized equivalent to 10+2 by AIU. Also, IITs will accept HSC vocational exam, diploma, GCE by London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka at A level, HSCE by Cambridge University or the IB Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- For improvement cases, any candidate who has passed in 2017 but is giving an improvement exam in 2018, the top 20 percentile of 2017 will be considered
- Candidates who have passed out in the year 2016/17 are eligible to apply. Even candidates who will give their final examination in 2018 can apply.
- Candidates who have failed the qualifying examination in 2015 and are reappearing for the same in 2016 are not eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs
- Candidates who have obtained a minimum of 75% in the 12th standard exam or are among the top 20 percentile holders are shortlisted by JoSAA. For SC/ST candidates, the minimum percentage of marks is 65%.
- For B.E. and B.Tech courses – Candidates must have passed Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with either of these- Biology/ Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Technical vocation.
- For B. Arch and B. Planning – Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Mathematics.
JEE Main 2018 Application Form Correction
CBSE has just released an official notification stating that the JEE Main 2018 Application Form Correction Facility for all the registered candidates of JEE Main 2018 will be made available on the official website i.e. from 9th January 2018 to 22nd January 2018.
JEE Main 2018 Correction Notification – Check Here
All candidates who have filled up the application form will be given a last chance to rectify few details on the application form. Applicants can make alterations to the particulars filled up by them on the application form. It must, however, be kept in mind that the modification of detail cannot be made to the mode of exam from computer-based to pen and paper based. Since, this is a one time facility, candidates must be very careful while making the changes as after the last date, the board will not accept any request for change in the application form details.
Those students who are making the changes in the application form will have to pay an application fee if applicable through credit/debit card/E-wallet (SBI buddy/Paytm) or through e-challan generated during the online correction by cash in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank during 9th January 2018 to 23rd January 2018.
JEE Main 2018 Registration
Coming to the most crucial part of the exam where most of the students happen to commit mistakes, admission forms play an important role in the process of acquiring a seat in an engineering college. All candidates must have a clear look at the brochure before filling in the JEE Main 2018 Application Form.
- The form can be filled online only. There will be no printed application forms.
- Application forms have been made available online on 1st December 2017 on the official website jeemain.nic.in
- The last date to fill the online application form is 1st January 2018. Application fees can be paid till 2nd January 2018.
- All students applying for JEE must mandatorily have an Aadhaar card. In case you don’t have an Aadhaar card, then such candidates will have to apply by filling in the 28 – digit enrollment ID / UR no (with the slash) printed on the enrollment slip issued by Aadhaar center.
- In addition to all this, the candidate must also have scanned images of all the required documents in the correct specifications.
JEE Main 2018 Application Form fees
The application fee for JEE Main 2018 is to be paid based on the gender, mode of exam and category of the candidate.
|Papers||Online Mode||Offline Mode|
|For Examination Centres in India|
|Paper 1 or 2||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper 1 and 2||1800||900||1300||650|
|For Examination Centres Abroad|
|Paper 1 or 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper 1 and 2||3800||1900||3800||1900|
Payment of the application fees can be done through either a credit card or a debit card. One can also make the payment using E-challan for which the candidate is required to go to Syndicate/ICICI/HDFC/Canara Bank and make payment in cash.
JEE Main 2018 Answer key
The date for the release of the JEE Main 2018 Answer Key is between 24th to 27th April 2018. Apart from this, the exam conducting authority will also upload responses to answer sheets of candidates for students to compare their views/answers. In case a candidate wants to challenge an answer key, he/she must fill an online form and pay an amount of Rs 1000/- per answer up to 11.59 PM on 27/04/2018. If the challenge is accepted by the board, the fee will be refunded to the candidate. The release of answer keys gives the aspirants, a chance to crosscheck their answers and have an idea of their score in the exam.
Cut Off for JEE Main 2018
Cut off is the minimum qualifying marks required to qualify the JEE Main. The cut off is released to give admission to only those who have performed with excellence. Students who have a score equal to or more than the cut-off get their names in the merit list, which is the sole basis of admission into the engineering colleges. Sometimes, the cut-off also means an opening and a closing rank of NITs, IITs, and GFTIs.
Click Here for Complete Cut Off list for JEE Main 2018.
JEE Main 2018 Results
Result for JEE Main 2018 will be out in both April and May. The announcement of result for Paper 1 will take place in the last week of April whereas, for Paper 2, the result will be declared in last week of May. The result will be uploaded online only and will declare the All India Rank (for information purpose only), the candidate’s score and the qualifying status. Admission to NITS and IITs will be based on merit list.
For JEE Main 2018 Result Analysis – Click Here
How to check the JEE Main 2018 Result
- Click on the official website of JEE which is http://jeemain.nic.in/webinfo/Public/Home.aspx
- Click on the link marked as “Joint Entrance Examination Main (2018)” which will be at the center end of the home page.
- Candidates will be directed to the page of declared results. They can also check the result at the CBSE website by entering their roll number and date of birth.
JEE Main 2018 Seat allocation and admission
candidates will be given admission to the desired courses based on their All India Rank of JEE Main 2018. The verification of documents would be done at the time of Seat Allocation Process/admission. The documents will be in regard to identification, age, qualifying examination, state of eligibility, category and disability of the candidate. Failing to produce any of the authentic documents, will not allow the candidate to be considered for admission. SC, ST, OBC and PwD candidates will be required to produce original certificate issued by the competent authority at the time of Seat Allocation Process as well as at the time of admission, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
JEE Main 2018 Counselling
The Counselling Process for the qualified students of JEE is held by Joint Seat Allocation Authority or commonly know as JoSAA. CBSE does not take up counselling nor does it allocate seats. The counselling will tentatively begin from the 3rd week of June and will continue until the 3rd week of July. The counselling process will be held online for admission into 31 NITs, 23 IITs, and 20 GFTIs. It takes place in 6-7 rounds.
FAQs On JEE Main 2018 Exam