Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation Tips– For getting admission into some of the renowned medical colleges for nursing courses, aspirants have to pass the Nursing Entrance Test which is conducted by respective colleges. Moreover, the admission process may vary from institute to institute. Thus, the score of this examination would play a crucial role in the Nursing Course Admission Process. In addition, candidates who will clear this exam can get enrolled in courses that include patient care, life sciences, and medical terminology. This kind of course, is usually designed in a way that helps the candidates in developing critical thinking skills, which are required for the practice of professional nursing. Thus, in this article, we have provided complete details about GNM/ANM/Nursing Preparation Tips, Skills, Syllabus, etc. details.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Further, this Nursing Entrance Admission Exam consists of 10+2 syllabus of physics, chemistry, general ability, English language, G.K, and biology. For ensuring that each one of you clears your entrance exam, we have jotted down some of the tips that will make your preparation more effective and fruitful.
Tips for clearing Nursing Entrance Exam 2019
After studying all the material thoroughly, you should devote some time to solving GNM/ Nursing Previous Year Question Papers and Mock tests. This is one of the crucial parts of the preparation process, as it will help you in finding your weak areas. It will also help you out in time management, as you can easily notice, which section is taking up more time. Further, during the examination, you will have a clear plan in mind and will be able to attempt the whole paper. Thus, this will increase your chances of clearing this examination. Moreover, there are a lot more things that can add value to your B.Sc/ Paramedical/ Post-Basic/ Nursing Preparation Process.
Essential Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- Solve sample questions online
- Enroll in a prep course for understanding how you are supposed to take the test
- Dedicate a few hours every day for studying the material and practicing
- Do mock tests for identifying your strong areas and even the weaker ones that require more attention.
- Make efficient use of other resources such as credible internet sources and notes.
- Make proper notes, which can be referred to during revision for avoiding wastage of time.
- Do give yourself plenty of time for reviewing the material.
- Write down all the formulas on a piece of paper, so that you can easily refer to it during revision.
- You can also stick this sheet on your study table so that it is visible and you can revise it anytime.
- You can also meditate to increase your concentration. It will help you in focusing and studying for long hours without much hustle.
- Do make a proper time table, wherein you can mention how much time has to be given to a particular subject.
- Candidates should also solve the paper in a specific order, wherein they can begin with the sections that will take up more time.
- You should make a proper time table for topics, wherein you can mention and set targets, as to within how many days you have to finish that particular topic.
- It is also important to get some good sleep before the examination.
- Moreover, before leaving the house, do ensure that you are carrying all the necessary documents.
- Make sure you arrive at the testing site at least 30 minutes before the examination.
Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation Tips – Syllabus
This Nursing Entrance Exam Syllabus commonly consists of sections that include chemistry, biology, physics and G.K, English language and general ability related questions. Thus, while preparing for the same, candidate should be aware of the complete syllabus. Therefore, in the table given below, all the subjects and topics to be covered are mentioned.
|BIOLOGY (Zoology + Botany)|
|G.K||General questions related to science, geography, history, scientific research, current affairs, culture, and general policy. a|
Moreover, General Ability and English Language Section of Nursing Exam Test the basic knowledge of candidates for the same. These are scoring sections and thus candidates should devote the required amount of time. Furthermore, it is essential to understand which section requires how much time and attention. Moreover, before appearing for the exam or even before filling the form, do make sure that you are eligible for the exam, in accordance with the Nursing Eligibility Criteria set by the exam conducting body.
Best Books for Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation
It is quite essential to pick the right book, as it will not only increase your chances of clearing the examination but would also take away the hustle of finding apt information. Hence, before starting the Nursing Preparation, one should know which all books are to be referred to. Most of the students do get confused and start looking for ‘n’ number of books, wherein they first need to concentrate on their NCERT books. This examination primarily consists of questions that are related to everything you have studied in 10+2. Thus, you need not buy more reference books, like the ones that you referred to in school will also do the job.
Further, in case you want to revise and study more, than there are some other books available as well, that can be referred. These books include previous year question papers and test papers, which will help you out in finding your weak areas. Moreover, you can also solve them while timing yourself to ensure that on the D-day, you are able to solve the whole paper within the given period of time. Some of the best books available for Nursing Entrance Exam 2019 preparation are listed below:
- Nursing Entrance Exam Guide by RPH Editorial Board
- B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Guide by Arihant Experts
- Exercise book of Nursing Research by INdarjit Walia
- Essentials of Pediatrics Nursing by Rimple Sharma
- Human Nutrition by B.Srilakshmi
- Principle and practice of Nursing Management and Administration by Jogindra Vati
- General Nursing and Midwifery Auxiliary Nurse and midwife(ANM) Guide: Entrance Exam by RPH Editorial Board
- Midwifery casebook, the record book of maternal and newborn by Jacob
- The perfect study resource for GGSIPU B.Sc nursing by Deepa Chaudhary, Dr. Rashmi Gupta, Priyanka Sharma, Ashwini Kumar Prasad Virendra
Best Nursing Entrance Exams
There are a number of BSc Nursing Exam conducting bodies that regularly organize this examination for candidates who want to build a career in the field of nursing. Some of the Nursing Entrance Exams for which you can appear to include AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Exam, NEIGRIHMS B.Sc Nursing, JIPMER B.Sc Exam, HPU B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam, and NIMHANS Nursing Admission. The sole aim of these exams is to offer admission to various nursing programs. In addition, the medium of examination may vary with exam conducting body. It could either be a computer-based online test or can also be conducted in an offline manner. Thus, it is important to check eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and the mode in which it will be conducted. In addition, it is important for candidates to download the Nursing Admit Card on time and to carry them to exam centers.
Nursing Entrance Exam Question Papers
The Question Paper of the Paramedical/B.Sc/Post-Basic Nursing Exam plays a vital role in the Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation. Through the Question Paper, candidates will get an idea of the exam pattern and marking scheme of the syllabus and subjects. Thus, below we have listed out some of the best Nursing Entrance Exam Question Paper pdf that will level up your preparation strategies for Nursing Exam Admission.
|JCECEB B.Sc Nursing Question Paper pdf||Uttarakhand HNBUMU Nursing Question Paper|
|KGMU B.Sc Nursing Question Paper||AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Question Paper|
|Jharkhand Nursing Question Paper||MP GNTST/PNST Nursing Question Paper|
|JENPAUH Nursing Question Paper|
Q1. Can I get a scholarship for studying BSc Nursing?
Ans. Yes, few institutes do offer a scholarship to candidates who secure a great score.
Q2. Is it necessary to appear for the Nursing Entrance Exam of all the institutes?
Ans. No, you can simply appear for the entrance exam conducted by the institution, wherein you want to take admission.
Q3. Can one appear for Nursing Entrance Exams conducted by different institutions?
Q4. Can the exam be taken, more than once?
Ans. Yes, the candidates are allowed to appear for the exam once per application cycle.
Thus, these are all the details of the Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation Tips. If you have any queries regarding the Nursing Preparation Techniques, Strategies, etc. then you can comment on the section below.