NIMHANS 2019 Entrance: NIMHANS has been in existence under different personae for more than half a century. In 2013, NIMHANS was designated as an Institute of National Importance through an Act of Parliament that provided autonomy for a range of academic activities. NIMHANS is a unique institution that integrates mental health and neurosciences in basic, behavioural, and clinical domains for academics, service delivery, research, and policy and programme development, all under one roof.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The Institute has 25 departments with dedicated faculty in each of the departments. The activities and focus of each department evolve with scientific developments and clinical needs. At any given point of time, there are nearly 500 students studying in different courses with about 200 PhD scholars pursuing their highest academic degree in the Institute.
NIMHANS is one of the most prestigious institutes for Post Graduate Medical Studies in India. About 20,000 candidates take the NIMHANS entrance exam for entry into 6 years DM/MCh and 3 years MD Psychiatry at NIMHANS. National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences is the conducting body of NIMHANS 2019. Each year, the authority organizes this entrance exam for offering admission to the courses like PhD, Post Doctoral, Superspeciality, Post Graduate, PG Diploma Courses; DCNT / CCNT / DPN / DNN and B.Sc. Candidates, who are willing to take admission in NIMHANS 2019 or are interested in NIMHANS 2019 admission, should go through the official notification and apply accordingly. The exam will be held online and it includes multiple choice questions.
NIMHANS 2019 Admission to all the courses is based on an Online Entrance Test conducted by NIMHANS. Shortlisted candidates have to appear in the counselling/ interview round. Students can download NIMHANS 2019 Online Entrance Hall Ticket from its official website.
NIMHANS 2019 Exam Dates
NIMHANS 2019 M.Sc, MD & M.Ch
|Submission of Application||05th Jan – 04th Feb , 2019|
|Entrance Date||23rd – 25th Mar, 2019|
|Interview & Counselling||01st – 07th Jun, 2019|
NIMHANS 2019 B.Sc (Nursing)
|Submission of Application form||01st – 31st May, 2019|
|Exam Date||24th Jun, 2019|
|Commencement of session||07th Aug, 2019|
NIMHANS 2019 Eligibility Criteria For UG & PG
NIMHANS 2019 B.Sc (Nursing)
10+2 (PCB) with English as one of the main subjects with at least 45% marks in aggregate. Out of 77 seats, 50 seats are reserved for Karnataka Domicile while remaining seats are open for All India admission.
NIMHANS 2019 Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Anaesthesia Technology) & Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Radiography)
10+2 (PCB) with English as one of the main subjects with at least 45% marks in aggregate. Out of 10 seats in each program, 07 seats are reserved for Karnataka Domicile while remaining seats are open for All India admission.
NIMHANS 2019 Master of Science [M.Sc] (Biostatistics)
Bachelor’s degree in Biostatistics/ Mathematics with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
NIMHANS 2019 Master of Science [M.Sc] (Psychiatric Nursing)
- B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with a minimum of 55% marks.
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- One year experience is required after Basic B.Sc. Nursing. OR one year of work experience is required prior to or after post basic B.Sc. Nursing.
NIMHANS 2019 Doctorate of Medicine [MD] (Psychiatry)
MBBS OR DPM from a recognized institute. Out of total 37 seats, 21 and 8 seats are reserved for All India and Karnataka Domicile candidates. 06 seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura & Uttarakhand domicile while 02 seats are reserved for sponsored candidates.
NIMHANS 2019 DM (Child and Adolescent Psychiatry), DM (Addiction Psychiatry) & DM (Geriatric Psychiatry)
DNB in Psychiatry OR MD in Psychiatry
NIMHANS 2019 DM [Neuro Anaesthesiology]
DNB in Anaesthesiology OR MD in Anaesthesiology
NIMHANS 2019 DM (Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology)
DNB in Radiodiagnosis OR MD in Radiodiagnosis
NIMHANS 2019 DM [Neurology]
DNB in Internal (General) Medicine / Pediatrics OR MD in Internal (General) Medicine / Pediatrics; MBBS
NIMHANS 2019 DM (Neuropathology)
DNB in Pathology OR MD in Pathology
NIMHANS 2019 Master of Chirurgiae [M.Ch] (Neuro Surgery)
DNB in General Surgery or MS in General Surgery or MBBS
NIMHANS 2019 Master of Public Health [MPH]
For Sponsored Candidates: MBBS/ BDS/ B.V.Sc
For Non-Sponsored Candidates: MBBS, Graduate degree in Medicine/Dental Sciences or PG degree in Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy/Health Management/Social Work/ Statistics/ Economics/ Speech Pathology and/or Audiology/Nursing.
NIMHANS 2019 Application Form
NIMHANS 2019: The Interested and Eligible candidates can obtain the NIMHANS Application forms for all the courses through online mode only via visiting the NIMHANS official website. It should be noted that candidates have to be filled and submitted via online mode. No other mode will be entertained excepted online. The candidates who are Eligible or come under the Eligibility criteria can apply for a maximum of three courses only.
NIMHANS 2019 application form can be filled by following the below-listed steps:
- The candidates willing to apply for the courses offered by NIMHANS can only apply online. There is no offline availability of the forms.
- The candidates will have to follow the following steps:-
- Basic details
- Eligibility details
- Uploading of photographs, signature and documents
- Print of abstract
- The submission of Declaration Form is mandatory. The Declaration Form should be downloaded, filled, signed, scanned and uploaded
- The application fee for candidates who fall under General category is Rs.1500/- and for candidates who fall under SC/ST category is Rs.1000/-.through credit Card/ Debit Card or Online Transfer.
The candidates need to submit their application, apart from an online application through proper channel and they should also appear for the Common Entrance Test. Such candidates have to produce the sponsorship certificate in the prescribed format and must upload it along with the online application.
NIMHANS 2019 Admit Card
Admit card of NIMHANS 2019 will only be available online at the official website. Eligible candidates who applied for the exam can download the NIMHANS 2019 admit card by putting their application number and password in the required fields. Admit Card will not be sent via post individually.
NIMHANS 2019 Selection Process
- The selection of candidates is purely based on the score obtained in the NIMHANS Online Entrance Exam followed by counselling or interview.
- Duration of the test is 90 minutes for 100 questions. One mark is awarded for a correct answer while a wrong answer results for the penalty of 0.25 marks.
- For B.Sc, M.Sc, MD and MPH courses, the candidates have to secure 50% (45% for SC/ST) in the entrance.
- For DM/ M.Ch courses, at least 50% marks are mandatory for all the categories.
Note: At the time of final selection, the candidates need to present the hard copy of the printed abstract of the application form along with the original certificates for verification purpose.
NIMHANS 2019 Seat Matrix
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences courses and seat matrix is given below:
NIMHANS 2019 Doctorate in Medicine (DM)
- Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology: 04 Seats (01 seats for sponsored)
- Neurology: 10 seats
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry: 04 Seats (02 seats for sponsored)
- Addiction Psychiatry: 02 Seats
- Neuroanaesthesia: 04 Seats
- Neuropathology: 02 Seats (01 seats for sponsored)
- Geriatric Psychiatry: 02 Seats
NIMHANS 2019 Mch
- Neurosurgery: 06 seats
NIMHANS 2019 MD
- Psychiatry: 37 Seats
- 21 seats – All India selection
- 08 seats – Domiciles of Karnataka
- 06 seats – Candidates from Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura & Uttarakhand domicile only
- 02 seats – Sponsored candidates of which one seat is for domicile of Karnataka, if sponsored candidates are not available, the seats will go to the general pool, Decided not necessarily state wise but solely on overall Merit.
- Neurology: 4 seats
- Neurosurgery: 4 seats
NIMHANS 2019 Result
Announcement of NIMHANS 2019 Results and pre-admission formalities
- Selection will be purely based on merit in the Online entrance test.
- If no eligible candidates are available against reserved seats, they shall be filled up from general merit category.
- A merit list will be prepared course wise and reserved category wise based on the marks scored by the candidates in the Online entrance test. Eligible candidates list will be notified for admission for all courses & interview in case of Ph.D. candidates. A separate merit list will be prepared for MD in Psychiatry &M.Phil.in Clinical Psychology for the seats reserved for Karnataka domiciles and separate merit list will be prepared for seats reserved for domiciles of Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura & Uttarakhand in MD in Psychiatry.
- In the case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the Entrance test, their inter se merit will be determined as under:
- No. of attempts in the qualifying exam.
- If the number of attempts are same, candidates securing higher marks in the qualifying exam will be considered. In case of non-medical courses, consolidated marks of all the years/semesters of the qualifying examination will be considered. In case of medical courses, marks of the qualifying examination Final year Part II of MBBS or final year MD/MS (if available) will be considered as the case may be.
- If marks are also same, then, age will be the criterion i.e., person who is senior in age shall be ranked higher.
- In the event of one of the candidates or all of the candidates have not been awarded marks in the qualifying exam relevant to the course, then, age will be the sole criterion i.e., person who is senior in age shall be ranked higher.
- In the event of same date of birth, candidate with lesser number of negative marks in the Online Entrance Test will be considered ranked higher.
- List of all the qualified candidates and those called for interview/admission will be notified on the Institute’s website and notice board. No separate individual intimation will be given. Non-receipt of notice by any individual candidate will not vitiate the selection process having regard to publication of result as also schedule on the notice board and the website. The decision of the Director in all matters regarding selection will be final and no representation in any form will be entertained.
- All the candidates who are selected for appearing before Selection Committee for Interview are required to qualify by obtaining a minimum of 50% marks to be eligible for admission to a Ph.D. course. Mere qualifying in Entrance test and interview does not entitle admission to a Ph.D. course. Selection is subject to availability of eligible guides in the respective departments.
- Candidates who have cleared the UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT and AYUSH (specific reference to courses in Yoga and Ayurveda) (JRF/ SRF only) qualifying exams are exempted from entrance test. All other candidates should clear the Online Entrance Test with minimum of 50% Marks to become eligible for Interview.
- Preference of course if selected in multiple courses or willingness to join the course, should be provided by the candidate.