Many Students have this common thing searching everywhere on the Internet, that is B.Sc Nursing Syllabus. Well, this is a very real confusing question, What is exactly the syllabus of the B.Sc Nursing Exam, and Semester?. So, in this article, we have provided complete details about the Nursing Courses Syllabus and the exam pattern details. So, if you are looking to start your career in the field of Nursing, and need a proper guide, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we have provided a detailed syllabus and exam pattern of BSc Nursing 2021. Therefore, go through the article carefully.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Highlights of B.Sc/ Post-Basic/ M.Sc Nursing Syllabus 2021
This article contains complete information about the different nursing courses. Hence, the aspirants of nursing courses can find the information on the following topics in this article.
- What is B.Sc/ Post-Basic/ and M.Sc Nursing Course
- B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam Syllabus
- Course Structure and Syllabus (Generic)
- University and Institute of Wise Nursing Syllabus
Check – BHU B.Sc Nursing
About the Course (B.Sc/ Post-Basic/ M.Sc Nursing) – In Brief
Here, we have provided brief details about the various Nursing Courses that are trending in India. This shall help you to understand the Nursing Education Career well. The scope of each course and the duration are mentioned here. It shall help aspirants of nursing courses to choose wisely, which course they want to pursue.
B.Sc Nursing Course
- B.Sc Nursing is a Degree Program, also called a Bachelor of Science Degree. The Indian Nursing Council is responsible for all the Nursing Education in the country. The syllabus is managed by the INC. However, the B.Sc 2021 Nursing Syllabus comprises of various subjects such as as-Mental Health Nursing, Childcare Nursing, Community Health Nursing, etc.
- The duration of the course is 4 years.
- However, to get admission into this course, you have to apply for NEET Entrance Exam. Various Institutes and Universities conduct B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exams. You can take this course after 10+2.
- Whereas, the B.Sc (Hons.) Nursing is a Degree/ Diploma Program intended for Registered Nurses, who have already completed their Diploma Level.
- This is an advanced step in the Nursing Career. The course comprises clinical teachings and educational visits.
- The duration of the course is 3 years (basic), and 2 years (Regular). In short, Post-Basic Nursing is a type of B.Sc (Hons) course, where, the candidate has done some prior work in academics.
M.Sc Nursing Course
M.Sc Nursing is a Post-Graduate Course. The course is a combination of the theories and principles of Nursing and Allied Sciences. This is a two-year program course that specializes in many branches. The admission of the candidate comprises of an Entrance Exam followed by a Personal Interview Round.
However, to pursue your career in M.Sc Nursing, you need to have a B.Sc Nursing Degree with requisite marks. Some of the areas, where you can specialize are-
- Oncological Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Neurosciences Nursing etc.
B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam Syllabus
B.Sc Nursing Syllabus for the Entrance Exams might vary from College to College, or University to University. However, the pattern of the questions is quite similar. The questions in the B.Sc Nursing Entrance usually comprise from 10+2 syllabus (Science). Further, for your assistance, the subject-wise important topics are mentioned below. It is important for candidates to clear the entrance exam in order to get admission. However, there are a few institutions that offer admission on the basis of 12th class results. Further, students preparing for Nursing Entrance Exams can check the syllabus below.
BSc Nursing Syllabus – For Entrance Exams
The questions are asked from the 10+2 Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Zoology and Botany). So, here is the detailed syllabus of the Nursing Syllabus. Candidates preparing for the entrance examination must go through the complete syllabus. It boosts the preparation process. Also, candidates can see what are their weak areas and prepare accordingly.
B.Sc Nursing Biology Syllabus
- Living and Non-Living Things
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant and Animal Physiology
- Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Genetic Basis of Inheritance
- Origin and Evolution in Life
- Human Disorders
- Ecology and Ecosystems
Physics Syllabus of BSc Nursing 2021
- Heat Transfer
- Units and Measurements
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- Light and Sound
- Vibration and Waves
- Electricity and Magnetism
B.Sc Nursing Syllabus of Chemistry
- The Atomic Structure
- States of Matter
- Organic Chemistry
- The Gas laws
- Important Concepts of Chemistry
- The periodic table
- Elements and Compounds
- Mixtures, Solutions, and Compounds
- Chemical Bonding
- Inorganic Chemistry etc.
Test of General Ability
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability
- Reasoning Questions
- Data Interpretation
Note- Don’t go so deep for the General Ability Preparation, prepare basic questions, formula-based questions for Nursing.
Test of English Language
- Para jumbles
- Active- Passive Voice etc.
General Knowledge for B.Sc Nursing Exams 2021
- Last Six Months Current Affairs (Govt. Schemes/Awards/ etc.)
- Books and Authors, Currencies
- Countries and Capital, General Awareness Questions
So, these are some of the important nursing syllabi for the B.Sc Nursing 2021 Entrance Exams. The pattern is followed by most of the Institutes and Universities.
B.Sc Nursing Syllabus – Semester Wise
After admission into the Nursing College, the candidates have to go through the following syllabus or course structure. The B.Sc Nursing Course Module comprises of 4-year Module Structure. Hence, the year-wise BSc Nursing Syllabus is provided below. The subject-wise important topics are mentioned here for reference.
Syllabus of B.Sc Nursing (First Year)
B Sc Nursing Syllabus – Second Year
Community Health Nursing
B.Sc Nursing Syllabus 2021 – Third Year
|Child Health Nursing|
|Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing|
|Mental Health Nursing|
B.Sc Nursing Fourth Year Syllabus
|Nursing Research and Statistics|
|Community Health Nursing|
|Management of Nursing Services and Education|
Hence, these are the semester-wise syllabus for Nursing Course. Candidates can check the University/ College Wise Syllabus in detail below.
Post-Basic Nursing 2021 Syllabus
The Post-Basic Nursing Course is a two-year duration course program. Hence, the subjects or the modules is to be studied is listed below-
|Nursing and Foundation||Nutrition and Dietetics|
|Biochemistry and Biophysics||Psychology|
|Child Health Nursing||English (Qualifying)|
|Medical and Surgical Nursing||Sociology|
|Community Health Nursing||Mental Health Nursing|
|Introduction to Nursing Education||Introduction to Nursing Administration|
|Nursing Research Introduction||Statistics|
M.Sc Nursing Paramedical Syllabus
The course syllabus is divided into core and practical courses. However, the detailed syllabus is listed below. The paramedical Online Application Form is released on the respective admission offering council websites. Candidates must fill and submit the form successfully in order for being eligible to take the test and get a seat.
|Course/ Disciplines||Description of the Subjects|
Advanced Nursing and Allied Subjects
(This Course will help the students to understand the theoretical concepts in nursing)
Research and Statistics
This course comprises of In-depth knowledge of patient care in oncological sciences
In-Depth Knowledge of Patient Care in Pediatric Nursing
This course helps in understanding the in-depth knowledge of patient care with psychiatric nursing
University and Institute of Wise Nursing Syllabus
In this section, we have provided complete details of the Nursing M.Sc and B.Sc Syllabus as per the College/ Institute/ University. Therefore click on the respective link to download the B.Sc Nursing/ Post-Basic Nursing/ M.Sc Nursing Syllabus here.
So, as you can see that the Syllabus of all the Institutes/ Universities varies in their course structure and modules. Therefore, check all the syllabus carefully. So, if you have any queries regarding the B.Sc/ Post-Basic/ and M.Sc Nursing Syllabus, then please comment on the section below.