National Scholarship Portal (NSP 2.0): NSP Registration Procedure is started for 2019-20 session. The National Scholarship Portal 2019-20 is a government initiative to bring all the scholarships provided by the Government of India under one umbrella. National Scholarship Portal is a hassle-free standardized platform to ensure timely disbursement of Scholarship to students with transparency. The National Scholarship Portal (NSP 2019) is a one-stop forum for all the scholarship related services such as student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to Students.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Important link: NSP Merit List 2019
To apply for any of the NSP 2019 scholarships, students must, first of all, register themselves compulsorily on National Scholarship Portal 2019-20. They shall be provided with an Application ID which shall be their master ID to apply for any scholarship and must be retained safely by the students.
The Registration Portal for various Central Schemes, State Schemes, and UGC Schemes are now available. The student must submit the form before the due date. Check the details below.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) has started the Registration to apply for various Scholarship Programs. The Authority has also released the Renewal Forms to apply for 2019 session for the candidates who got scholarship last year.
Check NSP Registration Details 2019 here
National Scholarship Portal 2019-20 Mobile App
Latest Update: Union Minister for Minority Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi launched the country’s first “National Scholarship Portal Mobile App” (NSP Mobile App).
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Naqvi said that this “National Scholarship Portal NSP 2019 Mobile App” will ensure a smooth, accessible and hassle-free scholarship system for students from poor and weaker sections. He said that all the scholarships are being given directly into bank accounts of the needy students under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode through the National Scholarship Portal which has ensured that there is no scope for duplication and leakage.
Shri Naqvi said that the “NSP 2019 Mobile App” will prove beneficial for students, and will help in strengthening a transparent mechanism for the scholarships. The National Scholarship Portal Mobile App will be beneficial for the students in many ways: students will get all the information regarding various scholarship on this mobile app; they will be able to apply for scholarship on National Scholarship Portal sitting in their home; students can upload necessary documents on this mobile app; students can check the status of their application, scholarship disbursement etc. Students from far-flung/ hilly areas/ North East will be the most benefited.
Shri Naqvi said that the Ministry of Minority Affairs has completely gone online, which has eliminated middlemen and benefits of every scheme are reaching directly to the needy without any obstacle. The Minister said that during the last about 4 years, the Modi Government’s “Empowerment without Appeasement” policy has ensured that record about 3 crore students belonging to poor and weaker sections of Minorities have been benefited from various scholarship programmes under National Scholarship Portal Scheme. The beneficiaries include about 1 crore 63 lakh girls. He added that school dropout rate among Muslim girls, which was earlier more than 70 percent, has now been reduced to about 35-40 percent due to awareness and educational empowerment programmes of the Modi Government. Our goal is to bring it down to zero percent. Transparent and hassle-free scholarship system has helped in this endeavour.
Official Notification on National Scholarship Portal 2019 (NSP 2.0)
As per the latest released official notification, the Registration for the National Scholarship Portal under Central Scheme are now available. The Ministries who haven’t yet opened the scholarship portal under the Central scheme are Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway and University Grant Commission.
The National Scholarship Portal (NSP 2019) under UGC, AICTE and State Schemes will be available soon.
Latest Scholarships on National Scholarship 2019-20
Ministry of Minority Affairs
Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities- Apply Here
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities- Apply Here
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses- Apply Here
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities- Apply Here
Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities- Apply Here
Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities- Apply Here
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Top Class Education Scheme for SC Student – Apply here
Ministry of Labour and Employment
Financial Assistance for Education of the wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM workers Post Matric – Apply Here
Financial Assistance for Education of the wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM workers Pre Matric- Apply Here
Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh – offline (Click here)
Ministry of Tribal Affairs
National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students- Scholarship (Formally Top Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students)- Only for Scholarships- Apply Here
Department of School Education & Literacy
National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education – Scheme Closed
National Means cum Merit Scholarship- Apply Here
Department of Higher Education
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students- Apply Here
WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles- Apply Here
RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF – Apply Here
University Grants Commission
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region – Apply here
University Grants Commission- MHRD
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child – Available
PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (1st and 2nd Rank Holders)- Available
PG Scholarship for SC ST Students for Pursuing Professional Courses- Available
Ministry of Human Resource Development- AICTE
Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Degree) for Technical Education- Available
Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Diploma) for Technical Education- Available
Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled Students (Degree) for Technical Education- Available
Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled Students (Diploma) for Technical Education- Available
Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for OBC Students- Bihar- Closed
Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for ST Students- Bihar- Closed
Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for SC Students- Bihar- Closed
Pre- Matric Disability Scholarship (State Sector)- Uttarakhand- Closed
Pre Matric Scholarship for SC Students (State Sector)- Uttarakhand- Closed
Pre Matric Scholarship For ST Students (State Sector)- Uttarakhand- Closed
Pre Matric Scholarship for OBC Students (State sector 50% and Central Sector 50%)- Uttarakhand- Closed
Pre Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Centre Sector)- Uttarakhand- Closed
Pre Matric Scholarship for ST Students ( Centre Sector)- Uttarakhand- Closed
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students- Uttarakhand- Closed
Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students- Uttarakhand- Closed
Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students- Uttarakhand- Closed
NEC Merit Scholarship Tripura- Closed
Pre Matric ST Scholarship Schemes- Closed
Post Matric ST Scholarship scheme- Closed
Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students Tripura- Closed
Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students Tripura- Closed
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship for Economically Backward Classes (EBC)- Closed
Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Pre Matric Scholarship for Schedule Tribe Students- Karnataka- Opening Soon
Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) for ST Students- Karnataka- Closed
Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children- Pre-matric Scholarship for ST Students- Meghalaya- Closed
Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children- Post Matric Scholarship For ST Students- Meghalaya- Closed
Pre Matric Scholarship for needy ST Students of Class IX & X – Closed
Post Matric Scholarship(PMS) for ST Students – Closed
Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Students- Pre-matric Scholarship for ST Students- Arunachal Pradesh- Closed
Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Students- Post-matric Scholarship for ST Students- Arunachal Pradesh- Closed
Scheme for Award of Stipend to the Schedule Tribe Students of Arunachal Pradesh- Closed
National Scholarship Portal: NSP 2.0 Launched
National Scholarship Portal (NSP 2.0) has introduced certain changes where the option of Fellowship is also now available on the official website of NSP 2019. The fellowship is a Financial Aid granted for pursuing higher education based on Academic Achievements. Eligible candidates will be able to apply for both Scholarship and Fellowship offered by the National Scholarship Portal once the Fellowship Portal is made available for accessibility.
National Scholarship Portal 2019 Guidelines for Eligibility
The following table shows the minimum eligibility requirements to apply for any of the scholarships through the National Scholarship Portal. Students fulfilling the Scheme guidelines of various Ministries are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
For Post-matric Scholarships
|Parental Income||Primary Supporting Doc||Amount Variation||Previous Year Percentage||Quota|
|Disabilities||2.5 lakh||Disability(>40%) Certificate||1. Course Group & Hosteller/Day Scholar|
2. Degree of Disability
|Higher Education||6.0 lakh (4.5 lakh non-creamy)||SC/ST/OBC Disability Certificate||NA||Applicable||82000 (50% girls, SC 15%, ST 7.5%, OBC 27%, Disability 3%)|
|Minority Affairs||2.0 lakh||Parental Income/Religion Certificate||Hosteller/Day Scholar||Applicable||30% girls|
|Labor||1.0 to 1.2 lakh||Worker’s ID Card||Gender||NA||NA|
For Top Class Scholarship
|Notified Institute||Parental Income||Primary Supporting Documents||Amount Variation||Previous Year Percentage||Quota|
|Disabilities||197||6 lakh||Disability(>40%) Certificate||Hosteller/Day Scholar|
Degree of Disability
|Social Justice and Empowerment||207||4.5 lakh||SC Certificate|
|Minority Affairs||85||2.5 lakh||Parental Income/Religion Certificate||Hosteller/Day Scholar||Applicable||60000|
Community Wise Quota) & 30% girls
|Labour||All professional courses||1 to 1.2 lakh||Worker’s ID Card||Fixed||NA||NA|
|Tribal Affairs||146||4.5 lakh||ST certificate||GOV/Private Institute||Applicable||1000|
|PMSS-WARB||All professional courses||NA||Parental Office ID Card & Docs|
Previous Year % Certificate
|Gender||Applicable||5000 (category wise preference)|
|Ministry/Department||Parental Income||Primary Supporting Doc||Amount Variation||Previous Year Percentage||Quota|
|Disabilities||2.0 lakh||Disability(>40%) Certificate||1. Hosteller/Day Scholar|
2. Degree of Disability
|Minority Affairs||1.0 lakh||Parental Income/Religion Certificate||Hosteller/Day Scholar||Applicable||30% girls|
|Labor||1.0 to 1.2 lakh||Worker’s ID Card||Gender||NA||NA|
|School Education||1.5 lakh||Parental Income Written Test||NA||Applicable||100000|
National Scholarship Portal Registration 2019
The National Scholarship Portal (NSP 2019) has launched a facility to provide an Online Application Form for the students to apply. They also made an easy facility to transfer the amount to the student’s account. To receive the benefits of the Government’s Scholarships, students have to login and register in the panel. They have to fill in the details which are asked. In this article, we will provide you information about how to apply for the National Scholarship Portal registration.
How to Register for National Scholarship Portal 2019
To apply for an Online Scholarship using National Scholarship Portal, a student has to follow the following procedure:
Step-1: Visit the National Scholarship Portal: scholarships.gov.in.
Step-2: Now Login using the Login Credentials (This step can be performed if you have already registered yourself).
Step-3: If you are a new user, then you need to perform the Registration Process by entering certain details such as- State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID, Day Scholar/ Hosteler etc.
Step-4: After the completion of the Registration process, a temporary Registration is given to the student/ applicant.
Step-5: The applicant will be given a Permanent Registration Number on their registered Mobile Number in the form of SMS. When they complete the Registration Process, the Old Temporary Number will not be valid.
Step-6: Now login using the Temporary Registration Number and the Date of the Birth to login in the National Scholarship Portal.
Step-7: After Logging in, enter all the required details which are mentioned below:
Personal and Bank Account Details- here the candidates have to enter their correct personal and bank information as the Government will transfer the scholarship amount.
- Academic Details- here the students have to enter their previous and present academic details.
- Details of the Scheme- here the list of the scholarship scheme will be displayed on the screen as per the validity of the student, educational qualification and region.
- Uploading of the Documents- Candidates can apply for more than one scholarship. After the selection of the respected scholarship on the next page appears the list of the documents that has to be uploaded
- Contact Details- To complete the process, enter the correct contact details and submit the form.
Step-8: After the completion of the process, take the printout of the application form. If the applicant wants to check his/her application status then they can use “Check your Status”.
National Scholarship Portal 2019 Application Submission Process
It is very necessary to apply the application in an appropriate format. Before the submission, they have to check and confirm the full form and check if any errors are present because after the submission of the application form, no candidate will be allowed to make any changes in the application form. Thus, the candidates can successfully submit the application form by clicking on the “Submit Button”.
National Scholarship Portal Application form 2019
In order to apply for the different scholarships when available, candidates must, first of all, register themselves on the National Scholarship Portal. They will be provided with one Application ID after registration which will be required for applying to any of the scholarships. It is advised that you furnish all the information correctly. After final submission, there shall be no provision for correcting it.
Please ensure you have all the scanned documents, that you shall have to upload while filling the application form, ready.
The National Scholarship Portal Application form can be filled in the following steps:
Fill the Registration form on National Scholarship Portal 2019
The National Scholarship Portal 2019 registration procedure shall include the following steps:
- Visit the official website of National Scholarship Portal
- On the homepage, Click on “New User? Register” option.
- After you click on it, Certain guidelines for registration will be displayed. Go through them and Click on the “continue’ button towards the end.
- You will be required to provide the following information in order to register:
- State of Domicile
- Name of Student
- Date of Birth (DD/MM/YY)
- Mobile Number
- Bank Account Number
- Bank IFSC Code
- Bank Name
- Email ID
- Scholarship Category (Pre-matric/ Post-matric/ Top Class)
- Scheme type (Scholarship/ Incentive)
- Identification detail (Bank account number or Aadhar card)
Click on the ‘Register’ button. An OTP will be sent to your mobile number. You shall need it while logging in for the first time.
A temporary registration number will be generated which will be required until the application process is completed and the permanent Id is generated.
Fill the National Scholarship Portal Application Form
After registering yourself, proceed to fill the Application form. You will have to Log in to your account using your OTP and the temporary registration ID to fill the application form.
In the National Scholarship Portal application form, you will have to fill the following details:
- Personal Details and Bank Account details
- Academic details
- Scheme Details
- Upload Documents
- Contact details
Personal Details and Bank Account Details
In this section, you shall have to enter the following details:
- If you are an orphan
- If you are disabled
- Type of disability
- % of disability
- Marital Status
- Profession of Parents
- IFSC code and Bank Account Number
The following details have to be furnished regarding your academic profile:
|Select your institute||Present Class/Course||Present Class Year|
|Mode of Study||Class start date||Previous Board/ University Name|
|Previous class/course||Previous passing year||Previous class %|
|10th Class Roll no||10th Board Name||10th Year of Passing|
|12th Class Roll no||12th Board Name||12th Year of Passing|
|Competitive exam qualified||Competitive exam year||Competitive exam score|
|Admission Fee||Tuition Fee||Miscellaneous fee|
Based on your educational qualification and status (Disabled/Minority/ST/SC) the schemes available for you to apply will be shown. You can opt for as many scholarships that you wish for. However, only one scholarship will be granted from the choices made by you.
On the basis of the scholarships that you have selected, the documents that you shall have to upload will be shown on the next page. Upload scanned copies of all the documents asked for.
The following documents may have to be uploaded by you:
- Domicile Certificate
- Student Photograph
- Institute Verification form
- Self declaration of income certificate by the students
- Self declaration of minority community by the students
- Self attested copy of previous academic marksheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Proof of bank account in the name of candidate
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Card
The following contact information must be entered by you:
- House No./Street No etc.
Printing and tracking the National Scholarship Portal Application Form
After successful completion of the application procedure, click on the “Print your Application” to take a printout of the online application for future reference.
You can also track the status of your application form for the different scholarship by clicking on “Check your National Scholarship Portal Application status”.
It is not necessary that you complete the application form in one sitting. You can log in anytime to your account and complete the procedure.
Important Points about National Scholarship Portal 2019
Some of the important facts of the National Scholarship Portal are as follows:
- Candidates who come under the Government Scheme Guidelines are eligible to apply for the Online National Scholarship Portal.
- The closing dates of the submitting the Scholarship Forms is available in National Scholarship Portal / NSP 2019.
- You can apply for the National Scholarship online by visiting the official website- www.scholarships.gov.in
- Candidates have to click on the option “Student Login” on the homepage of the National Scholarships Portal. Fill in the application form as per the instructions click “Save” after filling all the details. After saving the details, candidates will receive a “Temporary Registration Number”. Using the Temporary ID and the Date of Birth, candidates can fill in the details. Once the registration is complete, a Permanent Registration ID is generated. This can be used for the Renewal procedure and tacking the status of the Application.
- In the Renewal procedure, the students have to apply with their Bank Account Number and Date of the Birth which they have used in the previous registration process. Students can also use “Forgot Registration ID to retrieve their ID.
- You can make the changes in the application form till the closure of the application form. No changes will be accepted after the submission of the application form.
- You can use the “Temporary ID” for editing the application form and for further “Forgot ID” can be used to retrieve the “Registration ID”.
- The fields which are marked with red asterisk “*” is mandatory to be filled.
- If you realize that there is any mistakes or errors in the application form after the submission, then you need to separately inform the mistakes to the Institute/ District/Region/ State. The Software provides the facility at the level of the Institute/State to edit and correct the information.
- Except some of the basic parameters like religion, Name of the Institution, Parental Annual Income and Bank Details, the Institute/ State can edit other fields. The corrections can be made by the Institute/ State, this will be conveyed to the student through SMS/E-mail.
- The software provides the facility to save your application form at every stage. Thus, you can fill the application form in many sittings as you wish.
- Providing Aadhaar Number is optional for the students in order to fill up the application form online. The Aadhaar is a 12-Unique Digit Number that is assigned after the de-duplication of the Bio-metrics. Students can also apply for the Scholarship without an Aadhaar Number.
- A Temporary Registration Number is just a Reference Number that is provided to the applicants as a token of their registration in the Online Database. The receipt of the Temporary ID does not give itself a guarantee for the award of scholarship.
- A Permanent ID is provided to the candidates once if his/her application is recommended by the State Department for Scholarship. Students must memorize the PID during the renewal procedure.
- You cannot apply for Fresh if you are a Renewal Candidate. The application forms will be rejected in that case.
- If in case, you do not find the name of your Institute name in the Drop-down menu then contact with the Nodal Officer of that State where the Institute is located. You can also approach the Nodal Officer of the State through an e-mail under intimation to the Ministry. If you Institute is eligible, then the concerned State Government Officer will enter in the Database.
- The Name and the Address of the respective Nodal Officer/ State Department will be available in the “Services”- Know Your State Nodal Officer” option.
- You can check the Status of the Application Form by submitting his/her Permanent ID.
- To view the details of a “Particular Scheme” click on particular Ministry from the bottom scroll bar and click on more info button.
Please write to us in the comments section below if you have anything to ask regarding the National Scholarship Portal or NSP 2019.