National Fellowship and Scholarship For Higher Education of ST Students 2021: This scholarship is a centrally funded scheme by the Government of India which aims to encourage the ST students, a section of society with the lowest literacy levels in the country, to acquire higher education in the form of National Scholarship 2021 to pursue M.Phil and Ph.D. Courses. It also encourages ST students to pursue courses at the Graduate/Post Graduate level in identified Institutions. The National Fellowship and Scholarship For Higher Education Scheme provide the scholarship under two separate schemes which are fellowship and scholarship available on the Scholarship Portal. To know in detail about National Scholarship Portal – Read Below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
National Fellowship and Scholarship For Higher Education of ST Students 2021
Fellowship: The Objective of the Scheme is to encourage the ST students, a section of society with the lowest literacy levels in the country, to acquire higher education in the form of fellowships to pursue M. Phil and Ph.D. Courses, with a view to creating qualified professionals to hold posts of teachers /professionals and other higher stages of employment.
Scholarship: ST Students is intended to encourage meritorious ST students to pursue courses at the Graduate/Post Graduate level in identified Institutions of excellence, Government and Private, in professional fields such as Management, Medicine, Engineering, Information Technology, Law, etc.
National Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 2021
The National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students will be available for candidates who fulfill the following conditions for the award:
National Fellowship and Scholarship For Higher Education Fellowship:
- The candidate belonging to ST should have passed the Post-Graduation examination for being eligible for the Fellowship. The candidate should get admission and registration for regular and full-time M.Phil/Ph.D Courses in University / Academic Institutions recognized by UGC under Section 2 (f) of the UGC Act / ICAR by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institution.
- The list of University/Academic institutions as referred to in sub-para (i) above shall be identified by the ministry.
- The ST students once considered eligible for the Fellowship shall not be entitled to any other scholarship of the Centre or State Government the same study.
- The fellowship shall be payable once the student has secured admission and started the research work.
- In order to qualify for the Senior Research Fellowship, a candidate will have to fulfill the UGC/ICAR norms prescribed in this regard.
National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education 2021:
- ST students who have secured admission in the notified Institutions according to the norms prescribed by the respective Institutions will be eligible for the National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education under the scheme.
- The student will be eligible to join only the list of institutions identified by the Ministry.
- The total family income of the candidate to be eligible for this scholarship from all sources should not exceed Rs.6.0 lakh per annum.
- The scholarship shall be payable once the student has secured admission and started attending the classes.
- The National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education awarded, will continue till the completion of the course, subject to satisfactory performance of the student.
Distribution of National Scholarship Via NSP 2021
The total number of fresh fellowships each year will be 750. In case of the non-availability of an adequate number of National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education Scheduled Tribe candidates, the number of fellowships not availed during a year will be carried forward to the next academic session. There is no State/University wise ceiling on the number of slots.
Slots Will be Provided To Sub-Categories In The Following Priority:
|1.||A person with Disability (PWD)WD||3% of total slots|
|2.||PVTG (List at Annexure-VIII)||50 slots|
|4.||Female||30% of total slots|
National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education Selection Procedure 2021
Fellowship: An online portal is developed by the Ministry for inviting applications. Candidates after taking admission for the various courses in the notified Universities/Institutes will submit the application online for fellowship. The selection list of the eligible candidates for the award of Fellowship based on the data available online will be auto-generated and displayed on the portal.
Hard/Soft Copy of Thesis Will Be Furnished To MoTA
University will make sure that Teacher/Guide does not enroll more students than allowed as per UGC norms MoTA may from time to time check with guide/student regularly the progress of work. In case MoTA finds the progress unsatisfactory, it may discontinue the fellowship.
Scholarship: An end-to-end online portal (www.scholarships.gov.in) for application, processing, approval, disbursement, and monitoring has been developed by this Ministry. Candidates after taking admission for the various courses in the notified Universities/Institutes will submit the application online for scholarships.
National Scholarship Portal Amount For M.Phil & Ph.D. Students 2021
|M.Phil||@ Rs. 25000/-|
|i.Rs.10000/per year for|
Humanities & Social
ii.Rs.12000/-per year for
|As per rules of the University/Institutio|
|Rs.2000/-p.m in case of|
physically handicapped and blind
candidates for all the
|i.Rs.20500 per year for|
Humanities & Social
ii. Rs.25000 per year for
|As per rules of the|
|Rs.2000/-p.min case of|
for all the
National Scholarship Portal Amount For ST Details 2021
Under the scheme, the ST students will be awarded a scholarship to meet the requirements for:
|Tuition Fees||full tuition fee and other non-refundable dues in respect of Government/Government funded|
|There will be a ceiling of Rs.2.50 lakhs per|
annum per student for private sector
|@ Rs.3000/-||per annum per student without bills/vouchers|
|2200/-per month||Amount will be provided as per actuals subject to maximum ceiling 26400/- per annum.|
|Rs.45000/- One time assistance during the tenure)||Computer may be Desktop/Laptop etc.|
The accessories may, interalia, include all
kind of printers, CDs/DVDs, Keyboard,
Mainboard, Motherboard, Hard Disk Drive,
Mouse, Sound adapters, Toners, Speakers,
USB Hubs/Cables, Memory Chips, Memory Card readers, etc.
Documents To Be Uploaded During National Scholarship Application Form Filling 2021
- Caste Certificate
- BPL card (if applicable)
- Post-Graduation passing certificate
- Physically Handicapped certificate (if applicable) After Selection
- Non-Judicial bond (original to be produced at the time joining)
- Certificate from Head of the Department/Institution stating that the necessary facilities will be provided by the college/University/Institution in case the candidates selected for this fellowship.
- (iii) Details about the project (Topic & Methodology etc.)
- (iii) Award letter
- (vi) Joining report 19
- (vii) Upgradation certificate (for candidates who upgraded from M.Phil to Ph.D)-if applicable
- (viii) Proof of bank account in the name of student For Disbursement of fellowship
- (i) Continuation Certificate from the Institution (quarterly)
- (ii) HRA (quarterly)
- (iii) Progress report (yearly)
List Of Documents To Be Uploaded During Application Form Filling On National Scholarship Portal 2021
- Domicile Certificate
- Student Photograph
- Institute verification form/Bonafide certificate
- Income certificate by the competent authority (Tehsildar/Executive Magistrate/District Magistrate/ Revenue Officer etc.). Please Note that first-year self-certified income certificates (i.e not signed by a competent authority) will not be accepted.
- Caste certificate by the competent authority (Tehsildar/Executive Magistrate/District Magistrate/ Revenue Officer etc.)
- Certificate of previous academic mark sheet attested by Institute
- Fee Receipt of current course year
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student
In case of any queries related to the National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students, kindly write to us in the comment section below.