Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2021: The Government of India is inviting applications from eligible students for admission to a postgraduate degree/diploma for Students with Disabilities 2021. The Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities scheme has been renewed and it is effective from 1st April 2018. The application form for the scholarship will be available on the official website of the NSP Portal.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The main aim of the Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2021 scheme is to provide opportunities for higher education to the students having more than 40% disability (medically certified by the authority of the State Government or UTs). The scheme aims at recognizing and promoting quality and education amongst students with disabilities by providing full financial support. In order to know more about the Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2021, keep on reading the article.
Post-Matric Scholarship For Students with Disabilities Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates applying for the Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities scheme must possess the below-mentioned eligibility criteria. He/she should be a regular, full-time student studying in class IX and X in a govt school or in a school recognized by govt or by a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- The Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities is open to nationals of India only.
- All the six scholarships are applicable to students with disabilities with more than 40% disability and having a valid certificate of disability as Postscribed under the rules issued by the competent authority.
- Not more than two children with disabilities of the same parents will be entitled to receive benefits of the scheme. Provided in case, the second child is a twin, the scholarship under this scheme will be admissible to both the twins.
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, he/she would not get the scholarship for that class for a second year.
- A Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend. If awarded any other scholarship/stipend, the student can exercise his/her option of either of the two scholarship/stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him/her, and should inform the awarding authority through the head of the Institution about the option made.
- Scholarship holder who is receiving coaching in any of the Post-examination training centers with financial assistance from the central Government/ state government will not be eligible for a stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching program.
- Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities shall be paid to the students whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs.250000/-
Post-matric Scholarship For Students with Disabilities 2021
The students with the specified disabilities defined in the schedule of the rights of persons with disabilities act, 2016 will be eligible for the Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities of the DEPwD. The list of specified disabilities as included in this act is given below.
|S. No||Disabilities in PwD Act 1995||Disabilities in RpwD Act 2016|
|3.||Leprosy cured||Leprosy cured person|
|4.||Hearing-impaired||Hearing-impaired (deaf and hard of hearing)|
|5.||Locomotor Disability||Locomotor Disability|
|6.||Mental Retardation||Intellectual disability|
|7.||Mental illness||Mental illness|
|8.||–||Autism spectrum disorder|
|11.||–||Chronic neurological conditions|
|12.||–||Specific learning disabilities|
|14.||–||Speech and language disabilities|
|17.||–||Sickle cell disease|
|18.||–||Multiple disabilities including deafblindness|
|19.||–||Acid attack victim|
Reservation of Slots For Girl Students 2021
50% of the total Post-Matric Scholarship For Students With Disabilities available each year for Post-matric and top-class education shall be reserved for girl candidates. However, in case of an adequate number of girl candidates are not available or not found eligible as per the terms and conditions of the scheme, the unutilized slots can be utilized by selecting suitable male candidates.
Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Scholarship Amount 2021
The amount of Post-Matric scholarship for students with disabilities includes the following for the complete duration of the course.
- Maintainance allowance
- Book agent
- Disability allowance
Rate of Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2021
|Rate of maintenance allowance (in Rs per month) payable for 12 months in an academic year.||500||800|
Book grant: Rs 1000/- per annum
Disability Allowance Amount For Different Disabilities Students Under Post Matric Scholarship 2021
The different types of allowances related to Post-Matric Scholarship For Students With Disabilities shall be payable as under.
|S. No||Types of disability||Amount (Rs. Per annum)|
|3.||Physically disabled (OH)||Rs.2000|
|4.||Intellectual disabilities||Rs. 4000|
|5.||All other types of disability not covered under above||Rs.2000|
Check – National Scholarship Portal
Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Application Form 2021
The Post-Matric Fellowship For Students With Disabilities application can be done online only with the following steps:
- Click here before applying online.
- Click on “New User? Register”.
- Scroll down to click on “Continue”.
- Fill in the details to register.
- An application id and password will be generated on the computer screen and an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP number and confirm.
- Now, start filling the form.
- Click on “Final Submit” to submit the Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities application form.
NOTE: The concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration will supply the Post-matric Fellowship for Students with Disabilities application forms, till such time computerized systems are made operational by the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations. The application forms should be received back along with requisite certificates/certifications within the stipulated period.
Post-matric Scholarship for Students With Disabilities Merit Criteria For Selection 2021
The following factors will be taken into consideration:
- Fulfillment of eligibility conditions as given in the scheme.
- Recommendation of the state education department
- No. of slots available to the state
- The merit of the candidates in terms of percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- In case of a tie in the percentage of marks, the percentage of disability will be considered. i.e the candidates with a higher percentage of disability will get Preference. In case there is still a tie, the age will be considered i.e the older candidates will get Preference.
Documents To Be Uploaded On Portal While Applying For The Scholarship (if needed)
The following documents are to be uploaded:
- Domicile Certificate
- Student Photograph
- Self-attested certificate of Postvious academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year.
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Card or Enrollment
- Income certificate issued by the Designated State or UT Authority
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother or father
- Disability Certificate.
Benefits of Post-Matric Scholarship For Students With Disability 2021
- Reader Allowance for blind scholar: INR 240 per month
- Transport allowance: INR 160 per month
- Escort allowance: INR 160 per month
- Special allowance: INR 160 per month
- Coaching allowance: INR 240 per month
- Book Allowance: INR 1500 per annum
- Scholars will receive enrolment/registration fee, tuition fee, union fee, library and magazine fee, exam fee, and other up to a maximum of INR 1.5 lac.
- If the scholar failed for the first time the Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities will be renewed, and for second and subsequent failure, the scholar will have to bear his/her own expenses.
- If a scholar is unable to appear in the final exam, then the scholarship may be renewed for the next year but they provide proof certifying illness or any other unforeseeable event.
- The fee will be transferred directly to the student’s bank account. The Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities is for completing the course however it is applicable for only 10 months in a year.
In case of any queries related to Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities, kindly write to us in the comment section below.