National Means Cum Merit Scholarship 2019: The Defection Verification & Institute Verification Process Has Started. The Last Date To Get The Verification Done Is 30th November 2019. The Centrally Sponsored Scheme “National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS)” was launched in May 2008. The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class VIII and encourage them to continue the study at the secondary stage. Scholarship of Rs. 6000/- per annum (Rs.500/- per month) per student is awarded to selected students every year for study in classes from IX to XII in State Government, Government aided and local body schools. There is a quota of scholarships for different states/Uts and reservation as per State Government norms. The availability of the Application Form was on National Scholarship Portal from July 2019 and the last date was 15th November 2019. The officially released dates will be available here. The selection of students award of the National Means Cum Merit scholarship is made through an examination conducted by the State Governments. To get more information – Read Below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The Defection Verification & Institute Verification Process Has Started. The Last Date To Get The Verification Done Is 30th November 2019.
Eligibility Criteria of National Means Cum Merit Scholarship 2019
Students who possess the below-mentioned criteria are only eligible to apply for this NMMSS scholarship 2019. Please go through each and every point carefully before applying for the scheme.
- Students whose parental income from all sources is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- are eligible to avail the scholarships.
- The students shall have a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination for appearing in selection test for the award of scholarship (Relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
- At the time of selection for the award of scholarship, the candidate must have scored at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. There will be 5 % relaxation for SC/ST.
- For continuing the scholarship in class X and XII, the awardees should get clear promotion from class IX to class X and from class XI to class XII in the first attempt with 55% marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST). The awardees must obtain a minimum of 60% marks in Class X (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST) examination or equivalent examination for the continuation of the scholarship at the higher secondary stage.
- The student will be granted a scholarship if he/she (i)takes up studies in approved courses. (ii) maintains good conduct as certified by the Head of the College/Institution and continues his/her studies as a regular student in Government/Local Body/Government aided school. (iii) does not absent himself/herself without proper leave. (iv) takes up studies on a whole time basis. (v) does not take up any job.
Application Form of NMMSS 2019
Eligible candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps to register for the National Means Cum Merit Scholarship 2019: The application form for the academic session 2019 will be released. Link to apply will be provided below.
- Click on new user or register.
- Now, click to continue.
- Fill all the details and register.
- Login again with the given ID.
- The registered mobile number will get an OTP.
- Enter OTP number and confirm.
- Fill the application form.
- At last click on “submit”. Save, Download & take the printout of the filled application form.
NMMSS Procedure for Selection of Awardee Students
2.1 Each State/UT will conduct its own test for selection of students for the award of the National Means cum Merit Scholarship 2019. The State Level Examination may consist of the following two tests.
(i) Mental Ability Test (MAT)
(ii) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
|1.||Mental Ability Test||Mental Ability Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal|
and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking. The
questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern
perception, hidden figures etc.
|2.||Scholastic Aptitude Test||Scholastic Aptitude Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.|
|3.||Duration of the Test||Each test will be of 90 minutes duration. Children with a disability will be given extra time, as applicable. NCERT will provide a uniform set of guidelines to all States/UTs for carrying out the examination and promote evenness of evaluation.|
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship 2019 General Guidelines
Some important general guidelines are provided below which every applicant should read.
- One lakh scholarships @ Rs.6000/- per annum (Rs.500/- per month) are awarded to selected students of class IX every year and their continuation/renewal in classes X to XII for study in State Government, Government-aided and Local body schools under the scheme.
- Students of Class IX and X need to apply under the Pre-Matric scholarship category whereas students of class XI and XII need to apply under the Post-Matric scholarship category.
- For pre-matric (IX and X), only two application can be submitted through one mobile. For post-matric (XI and XII), only one application can be submitted through one mobile.
- These scholarships will be provided quarterly to the students studying as regular students in class IX in government, local body and government-aided schools. The scholarships will be paid from class IX till class XII for a maximum period of four years.
- For fixing the scholarship to States/UTs, the 2/3rd weight would be given to enrolment of students in classes VII and VIII and 1/3rd weight would be given to the population of children of the relative age group for class VII and VIII.
- Scholarships are disbursed by the State Bank of India directly into the bank accounts of students on a quarterly basis.
- The States/UTs are already conducting the examination for nominating the students for the national level (second stage) examination conducted by the NCERT. The same examination shall be used for selection of candidates for the award of Means-cum-Merit Scholarships in the State/UT.