ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region 2018: The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission has come together for the promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to the economically weaker section of the NE region, the UGC has decided to launch Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Regionin the year 2014. Eligible students need to register for the scheme. Link to apply will be provided here once it gets released. To know more about this scheme – Read Below.
- 1 Latest Updates
- 2 Objectives of The ISHAN UDAY Scholarship Scheme
- 3 ISHAN UDAY Eligibility Criteria
- 4 ISHAN UDAY Amount of scholarship
- 5 Procedure for Applying For The Scheme
- 6 ISHAN UDAY Selection Procedure
- 7 ISHAN UDAY Allocation of Slots
- 8 Duration of Scholarship
- 9 Documnets To Be Uploaded At The Time of Counselling
As per the latest released official notification, the Applications for the National Scholarship Portal under Central Schemes, State Schemes, UGC Schemes, AICTE Schemes will be opening from 23rd July 2018.
Objectives of The ISHAN UDAY Scholarship Scheme
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
ISHAN UDAY Eligibility Criteria
Students must possess the below-mentioned criteria to apply for the ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region 2018. Students must go through the below-mentioned eligibility criteria carefully.
- Students with the domicile of NER, whose parental annual income does not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum from all sources.
- Passed XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study i.e. 2017 for applications called for during year 2017-18.
- Secured admission in first year of any degree course, either general degree course of technical/professional/ medical/ paramedical course (Integrated courses included) in any of the following University/ College/ Institute :-
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of
- UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
- The admission should have been made in University/ Institution/ College with AISHE code.
ISHAN UDAY Amount of scholarship
Rs.5400/- per month for general degree course and Rs.7800/- per month for technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
Procedure for Applying For The Scheme
- Applications will be invited once in a year on the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India. Short notification will also be uploaded on the UGC website. Link to register will be provided here once it gets released.
- At the time of applying, the course will be classified as general degree or professional by the concerned University/ Institution/College.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Only verified online applications will be considered for award of scholarship.
ISHAN UDAY Selection Procedure
- 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census(last).
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
- Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
ISHAN UDAY Allocation of Slots
- UGC will award 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships per year.
- Allocation of slots for each State shall be done based upon the population (latest census report) of the respective State. If the slots remain vacant in any particular State, the unfilled slots shall be distributed equitably among other States.
- There shall be three Percent horizontal reservation for differently- abled persons
Duration of Scholarship
- After selection, the awardees will be paid scholarship on DBT mode.
- The list of awardees will be pushed to Public Financial Management System (PFMS) by the NIC.
- FMS will generate payment files on the basis of the nomenclature of course being pursued by the awardee (general degree/ technical/ medical/ professional/ paramedical). Payments will be generated on annual basis.
Documnets To Be Uploaded At The Time of Counselling
The following documents will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NeSP.
- Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority.
- Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority.
- For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned Univeristy/ Institution/ College.