Top Class Education Scheme Scholarship for SC Students: Government of India support the meritorious student belonging to scheduled caste and scheduled tribe financially through this scheme. The main objective of this scheme is to empower the students belonging to the above-mentioned caste to provide educational opportunities to the students who are financially weak. The three on-going scheme for the SC/ST students under the central plan – Pre-Matric, Post matric & Merit based. The objective of the scheme is to promote education amongst SC/ST students, by providing full financial support for pursuing studies beyond 12th class. Students who want to apply for this scholarship need to possess the eligibility criteria mentioned below. Application Form for this scheme is going to available soon. Link to apply will be activated here once it gets released. To get the detailed information related to Top Class Education Scheme for SC/ST Students – Read Below.
As per the latest released official notification, the Applications for the National Scholarship Portal under Central Schemes, State Schemes, UGC Schemes, AICTE Schemes will be opening from 23rd July 2018.
- The annual family income ceiling from all sources for eligibility under the Scheme should not be more than Rs.4.50 lakh. However, if for the last available slot in an institution, there are more than one students with equal marks, preference may be given to the student with the lowest annual family income.
- The SC students, who secure admission in the notified institutions, according to the norms prescribed by the respective institutions, are eligible for the scholarship under the scheme to the extent of the number of scholarships allocated to the institutions concerned.
- The scholarship is merit-based and the top ones in each institution (subject to their eligibility) to get. In case the number of students admitted exceeds the number of awards, then the scholarship will be restricted to the top ones in the inter-se merit list institute-wise. In case the institute finds that the number of eligible candidates in the 1st year is less than the number of scholarships allotted to it, the balance scholarships may be offered to students studying in 2nd, 3rd and 4th year, etc. on the basis of inter-se merit of previous year’s results giving priority to those with higher number of years left to complete their respective courses i.e., 1st year student is to get priority over the 2nd year student and so on.
- The scholarship will become payable only if the students have secured admission and started attending classes.
- The scholarship will be terminated if the student fails to pass the final examination of each year. He/She will, however, remain eligible for the post-matric scholarship.
Benefits of Top Class Education Scheme Scholarship for SC Students
- Full tuition fee and other non-refundable charges (there is a ceiling of Rs.2 lakh per annum per student towards fee in the private institutions and Rs.3.72 lakh per annum per student in private commercial pilot training institutions).
- Living expenses @ of Rs.2220 per month per student
- Books & stationery @ Rs.3000 per annum per student and
- The latest computer with full accessories limited to Rs. 45000 per student as one-time assistance (Living expenses, cost of books and stationery and computer are subject to actual).
Eligible candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps to register for the Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2018. The application form for the academic session 2018-19 is going to release soon.
- Click on new user or register.
- Now, click to continue.
- Fill all the details and register.
- Login again with given ID.
- Registered mobile number will get an OTP.
- Enter OTP number and confirm.
- Fill the application form.
- At last click on “submit”. Save, Download & take the printout of the filled application form.