Merit Cum Means Scholarships 2019 Scheme For Minorities: Scholarship is basically a grant or payment made by the government and other reputed organization to support a student’s education, awarded on the basis of academic or another achievement. One of them is Merit Cum Means Scholarships 2019 Scheme For Minorities. Application form for session 2019-2020 is released and the last date is 31st October 2019. The main objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Financial assistance will be given to pursue graduate-level or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution. This Merit Cum Means scholarship is for minority communities provided & supported by the Government of India through NSP Online. Govt of India will bear the expenses of the admission fee, tuition fee, maintenance allowance of the eligible students for 10 months in an academic year. To get the detailed information related to Merit Cum Means Scholarships Scheme 2019– Read Below.
The Application Forms to apply for Merit Cum Means Scholarships 2019 are now available and the last date for submission is 31st October 2019. The applicant must submit it before the due date.
Eligibility Criteria for Merit Cum Means Scholarships 2019
- Students who get admission in technical/professional courses without taking any competitive examination will also be eligible for Merit Cum Means Scholarships 2019. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level. Selection of these students will be done strictly on merit basis.
- The annual income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
- The students should belong to the minority community (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians/Parsis).
- Aadhaar Number is also required for payment of scholarship.
Application Form of Merit Cum Means Scholarships Scheme For Minorities 2019
Eligible candidates must follow the below mentioned steps to register for the Merit Cum Means Scholarships Scheme 2019. The application form for the academic session 2019 is released. To apply, click on the link given below.
- Click on new user or register.
- Now, click to continue.
- Fill all the details and register.
- Login again with given ID.
- Registered mobile number will get an OTP.
- Enter OTP number and confirm.
- Fill the application form.
- At last click on “submit”. Save, Download & take the printout of the filled application form.
Important Guidelines For Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2019
Students who are going to apply for this Merit Cum Means Scholarships Program 2019, they are advised to go through guidelines carefully given below.
- Course fee and Maintenance allowance will be credited/transferred directly into the bank account of selected students.
- Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the scholarship.
- The Income Certificate would remain valid for One Year.
- The State Department will advertise the Scheme every year and receive the applications online through the concerned institutions as per the timeline.
- 30% scholarship is earmarked for girls students of each minority community in a State/UT which is transferable to male students of that community in case of non-availability of female students in that community in the concerned State/UT. 30% is the floor and not the ceiling for eligible girl students.
- A student residing in a particular State/UT will be entitled to scholarship under the quota of that State/UT only irrespective of his/her place of study.
- The number of scholarship has been fixed State/UT-wise on the basis of the minority population of the States/UTs. Within the State-wise allocations, the applications from Listed Institutions will be exhausted first.
Rate of Merit Cum Means Scholarships 2019
The rate of the scholarship will be as under:
|S. No||Type of Financial Assistance||Rate for hostler||Rate for Day Scholar|
|1.||Maintenance Allowance (For 10 months only)||Rs.10,000/-per annum ( Rs.1000 p.m.)||Rs.5,000/- per annum.|
( Rs.500 p.m.).
|2.||Course Fee||Rs.20,000/- per annum or Actual whichever is less||Rs.20,000/- per annum or Actual whichever is less|
Number of Merit Cum Means Scholarships 2019
During the 12th Five Year Plan, 60000 fresh Scholarships will be awarded each financial year, besides renewals among the students of minority communities in States/UTs throughout the country based on the State/UT-wise population of these communities. The distribution of fresh scholarships based on 2001 census is as under:
State-wise distribution of scholarship among the students belonging to minority communities.
Financial Assistance Provided by Merit Cum Means Scholarships 2019
Actual financial assistance will be provided for admission/tuition fee and maintenance allowance as given below subject to a maximum ceiling indicated against item concerned:
|S. No||Particulars||Hostellers||Day Scholars|
|1.||Admission fee from class VI to X||Rs.500/- per annum|
subject to actual
|Rs.500/- per annum|
subject to actual.
|2.||Tuition fee from class VI to X||Rs.350/- per month|
subject to actual.
|Rs.350/- per month|
subject to actual.
|3.||Maintenance allowance is payable for a period not exceeding 10 months in an|
|(i) Class I to V||Nil||Rs. 100/- per month|
|(ii) Class VI to X||Rs. 600/- per month|
subject to actual.
|Rs. 100/- per month|
Documents Required For Merit Cum Means Scholarships 2019
The students need to provide the following documents to their respective institutions for verification
- Student photo
- Institution verification form
- Income certificate of parents/guardians issued by the competent authority in the state government.
- Self-declaration of community certificate by the parents/legal guardian.
- Self-attested certificate of previous Qualifying Exam/Board mark sheet.
- Fee receipt of current course year.
- Proof of bank account
- Aadhar card
- Residential certificate.