Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles: Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) under the aegis of the National Defence Fund, was introduced from the academic year 2006-07 to encourage higher technical & professional education for the dependent wards & widows of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) Personnel. Application form for session 2018-19 has been released on 23rd July 2018. Visit the latest update section below to apply before 31st October 2018.
As per the latest released official notification, the Applications for the National Scholarship Portal under Central Schemes, State Schemes, UGC Schemes, AICTE Schemes has been released on 23rd July 2018. Eligible students can apply till 31st October 2018 in online mode. Link for new registration and renewal is provided in the application form section given below.
To apply or renewal for the scholarship for the session 2018-19 – Click Here
Number of Scholarship
Total 2000 of Scholarship to be sanctioned equally for both girls & boys under PMSS will be given for each academic year in addition to renewal cases of previous years. Shortfall in fresh cases shall not be adjusted from girls/boys, if applicants (Boys/Girls) are selected less than 1000.
Before going to fill up the application form, aspirants must check the eligibility conditions mentioned below. Eligibility related to age, academic qualification & nationality is provided below.
- Wards/widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel died in harness/election duty, wards of personnel disabled due to causes attributable to Government service and Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards.
- Wards/widows of retired and serving CAPFs & AR Personnel. (Personnel below Officer Rank).
- Pursuing first professional degree programme in the field of Engineering, Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, BBA, BCA, B. Pharma, B.SC (Nursing, Agriculture, etc.), MBA and MCA etc.
- Having minimum 60% marks in Minimum Entry Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 10+2/Diploma/Graduation or equivalent in case of new applicant.
For applicants applying under renewal category, it is mandatory to pass the each subsequent academic year of the professional courses being pursued by them with minimum 50% mark.
- A grace period of one year only for cases, where there is a delay on part of candidate for submission of application for renewal of scholarship may be entertained.
Order of Preference
Applications received from the eligible applicants under new category will be shortlisted on the basis of order of preference as mentioned below and percentage of marks obtained by them in MEQ:-
|1.||Category-A||Wards/Widows of CAPFs & AR personnel killed in action|
|2.||Category-B||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel disabled in action.|
|3.||Category-C||Wards/Widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel died |
for causes attributable to Government service including
casualties during conduct of Election
|4.||Category-D||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel disabled while in |
service with disability attributable to Government Service.
|5.||Category-E||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry |
|6.||Category-F||Wards of Ex- CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR).|
|7.||Category-G||Wards of serving CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR) subject |
to availability of scholarship.
Amount of Scholarship
- Rs. 2250/-per month for girls.
- Rs. 2000/- per month for boys.
Duration of Scholarship
Upto five years (depending upon the duration of the course being pursued by the applicant and as approved by the respective regulatory body).
Minimum Entry Qualification (MEQ)
For being eligible for the scholarship under PMSS, an applicant should have secured minimum 60% marks in MEQ i.e. 10+2/ Diploma/ Graduation as the case may be. MEQ for entry to various professional course differs. For example MEQ for MBBS is 10+2 whereas for BE/B.Tech. It is 10+2/Diploma. It is graduation for B. Ed and MBA.
Following documents in the respective category are mandatorily required to be submitted/uploaded by the applicant for applying under PMSS:-
For Fresh Applicant
- Service Certificate to be issued by the H.O.O in case of serving personnel as per Annexure- A.
- Applicants are required to upload duly attested scanned copy of the Mark sheet MEQ i.e. XII/Diploma/Graduation or equivalent is mandatory along with following certificate which are applicable:
- PPO/Discharge Certificate/Book (Mandatory for category A to F)
- Disability Certificate (Mandatory for category B & D)
- Death Certificate (Mandatory for category A & C)
- Certificate of Gallantry award (Mandatory for category E)
How to Apply For Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme
Eligible students need to apply for this scholarship scheme by visiting the official website. Applicants can visit the link www.scholarship.gov.in to register. Detailed guidelines and documents/ prescribed proforma required to be scanned and uploaded for both fresh and renewal categories are provided below.
- Photo of the student
- Copy of the Identity card of the worker (Form B Register Number in case of Mineworkers).
- Copy of front page of Bank Pass Book or Cancelled Cheque(which should contain details of the account holder/beneficiary).
- Passing Certificate/Mark Sheet of previous Academic Year
- Income Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority.