Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for college and University Students 2018: This is a central scholarship scheme funded by the government of India. The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low-income families to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies. Application form for session 2018-19 has been released on 23rd July 2018. Visit the latest update section below to apply before 31st October 2018.
The scholarships are awarded on the basis of the results of Senior Secondary Examination. 82000 fresh scholarships per annum (41000 for boys and 41000 for girls) are awarded for pursuing graduate / postgraduate studies in colleges and universities and for professional courses, such as Medical, Engineering etc. To know more about this scholarship scheme – Read Below.
- 1 Latest Updates
- 2 Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College And University Students Eligibility Criteria
- 3 Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College And University Students Allocation
- 4 Reservation of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College And University Students
- 5 Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College And University students Procedure
- 6 Rate of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College And University students
- 7 Duration of Scholarship And its Renewal
- 8 Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships Application Form
- 9 Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships LIST OF STATE EDUCATION BOARDS / CBSE / CISCE
As per the latest released official notification, the Applications for the National Scholarship Portal under Central Schemes, State Schemes, UGC Schemes, AICTE Schemes has been released on 23rd July 2018. Eligible students can apply till 31st October 2018 in online mode. Link for new registration and renewal is provided in the application form section given below.
To apply or renewal for the scholarship – Click Here
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College And University Students Eligibility Criteria
Students must possess the below-mentioned eligibility criteria to register for this scholarship scheme.
Students who are above the 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from the respective Board of Examination in Class XII of 10+2 pattern or equivalent and pursuing regular courses (not correspondence or distance mode) in Colleges/Institutions recognized by All India Council of Technical Education.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College And University Students Allocation
50 % of the scholarship is earmarked for girls. The total number of scholarships are divided amongst the State Education Boards based on the States population in the age group of 18-25 years, after segregating share of CBSE and ICSE on the basis of the number of students passing out from various Boards in the country. The number of scholarships allotted to a State Education Board is distributed amongst pass outs of the Science, Commerce and Humanities streams in the ratio of 3:2:1. In case of a shortfall in the number of applications, the scholarship slots could be interchanged.
Reservation of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College And University Students
Students belonging to reserved categories/weaker sections /minorities are eligible on the basis of merit, subject to Central Reservation Policy and internal earmarking. Reservations for the various categories are as follows
|S. No||Category||%age of seat reserved|
|1.||Scheduled Castes (SCs)||15%|
|2.||Scheduled Tribes ( STs)||7.5 %|
|3.||Other Backward Classes(OBCs)||27 %|
|4.||Physically Handicapped / Persons(s) with Disabilities (PwDs) (horizontally)||5%|
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College And University students Procedure
- Students need to apply for this scheme by visiting the official website www.scholarship.gov.in. The online applications would be verified at two levels:
(i) By the Institute where the student is studying.
(ii) By the respective State Education Board.
- The applicant is required to submit requisite documents, such as ( Class 12th mark sheet, Income Certificate) to the Institute.
- The application which is not verified either by the Institute or by the concerned State Education Board or by both will be treated as Invalid.
- Merit list as per the State allocated quota would be generated from the verified applications.
Rate of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College And University students
The rate of scholarship is Rs.10000/- per annum at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and Rs.20000/- per annum at Post- Graduation level. Students pursuing professional courses, in case, where the duration of course is five (5) years/Integrated course would get Rs.20000/- per annum in the 4th and 5th year. However, students pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech., B.Engg would get scholarship up to graduation level.
Duration of Scholarship And its Renewal
A student will be eligible for the scholarship for a total duration not exceeding 5 years. A scholarship under the scheme is renewable on year basis to year up to Post Graduate level in the same stream (except for the students pursuing technical courses leading to degree at graduation level). The renewal will depend on:
(i) scholar securing 50 % or more marks in the preceding examination.
(ii) 75% attendance.
(iii) Not indulged in ragging activities
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships Application Form
Students who possess the eligibility criteria must fill up the application form. Link to register will be activated here when it gets released. The application can be done online only with the following steps:
- Click here before applying online.
- Click on “New User? Register”.
- Scroll down to click on “Continue”.
- Fill the details to register.
- An application id and password will be generated on the computer screen and an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number
- Enter OTP number and confirm.
- Now, start filling the form.
- Click on “Final Submit” to submit the application form.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships LIST OF STATE EDUCATION BOARDS / CBSE / CISCE