UP MBBS /BDS Admission 2020: The Directorate of Medical Education and Research is responsible for the admission process. However, the admission will take place on the basis of the NEET 2020 Scores. DMET Lucknow will provide admission to students in various government and private colleges of Uttar Pradesh. The admission process further comprises of the Registration, Merit List, and Counselling Process. DMET Lucknow will be responsible for about 85% of student seat allotment, and the remaining 15% will be controlled by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). So, in this article, we have provided complete details regarding the UP MBBS /BDS Admission 2020.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
UP MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 – Highlights
- Directorate of Medical Education and Training (DMET) Lucknow is the main conducting body for UP MBBS/BDS Admission Process.
- The selection of the candidates will take place on the basis of the NEET Scores.
- Earlier, Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test (UPCPMT) was conducted for UP medical admissions.
- Programs offered under NEET include MBBS and BDS.
- The Authority offers 6428 MBBS and 2251 BDS Seats.
Uttar Pradesh NEET Admission 2020 – Dates
There will be a delay in the admission processes as the NEET Exam was postponed. It will now take place on 26th July 2020 due to the COVID-19. Thus, the medical admission committee of UP state will release the schedule after the entrance exam. However, the tentative schedule is given below. The application form for NEET UP State Admission 2020 will be available here.
|Starting Date of the application form||– August 2020 –|
|Last Date to submit the form||– August 2020 –|
|Document Verification||– August 2020 –|
|Release of the merit list||– August 2020 –|
|Online Choice Filling||– August 2020 –|
|Seat Allotment List||– August 2020 –|
|Reporting the allotted college||– August 2020 –|
|Round II Counselling|
|Release of the Application||–|
|Last Date to Register||–|
|Release of the Merit List||–|
|Filling and Locking of Choices||–|
|Round II Result||–|
|Reporting the allotted college||–|
|On Spot Admissions|
|Registration Starting Date||–|
|Due Date of the admissions||–|
|Release of the merit list||–|
|Spot Admissions in the College/Institute||–|
Eligibility Criteria for UP MBBS/BDS Admission 2020
The students should check out the eligibility criteria before filling the admission form. Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility conditions will not be eligible for admission. Further, the eligibility conditions prescribed by the authorities are as follows:
- Candidates must be a citizen of India. Other than that, a candidate who holds an Overseas Citizen of India Card can also apply.
- The students must be a resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- The minimum age of the candidate is 17 years and the maximum age of the candidate is 25 years as on 31st December 2020. However, 5 years of age relaxation is applicable for the Reserved Category candidates.
- Candidates must qualify NEET 2020 with the required percentile. You can also check NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
UP MBBS/BDS Application Form
It is important that the students wanting to take admission in UP State medical colleges fill the application form. The form will be available for a limited period of time. Thus, the students must fill and submit it before the due date. Moreover, the form will be available in online mode. Therefore, the step by step guide to fill and submit it successfully is provided below.
How to Apply for UP MBBS and BDS Registration Form?
- Firstly, visit the official website of DMER, Uttar Pradesh- upneet.gov.in
- Click on the application link that is available on the homepage.
- Register yourself by providing your basic details such as Personal and Education details.
- After the successful registration, you will receive a Registration ID and Password
- Upload the required documents as per the specification.
- Make the payment of the application fees and submit the application form.
- Download and take the printout of the UP NEET Application Form for future reference.
UP NEET MBBS Application Form Fees
- UP MBBS/BDS Application Fee is INR 2000 for registration and further counseling process.
- The security fees for Government College is Rs 20, 000/- and the security fees for private colleges is Rs 2, 00, 000/-.
- The mode of the fee payment is online through Credit/Debit/Net Banking.
UP MBBS/BDS Merit List 2020
The Conducting Body will release the merit list for each round separately. However, the rank list will be prepared on the basis of the NEET Scores. The merit list will be available in PDF Format so that it can be easy to download. The UP MBBS Rank List will carry important details such as Name, Date of Birth, Qualification Status, Rank, NEET Scores, etc. Thus, candidates whose name is on the UP NEET 2020 Merit List will be eligible for further admission process which is the Counselling Process.
UP MBBS/BDS 2019 Counselling
Soon after the release of the UP MBBS and BDS Merit List, the Counselling Process will take place. There will be two to three rounds of counselling depending on the availability of the seats. So, candidates whose name is on the merit list will be eligible for the counselling. The mode of the UP NEET MBBS Counselling is online. Thus, candidates have to log in using the credentials and submit their college and course preferences. Hence, on the basis of the college choices, candidates will be allotted seats in the UP MBBS/BDS Admission Process.
The First Round of Uttar Pradesh MBBS Counselling will take place in the first week of July 2020, while the second round of the counselling will take place in the third week of July 2020. The UP NEET Mop-Up Counselling will take place offline.
UP MBBS and BDS Document Verification
Candidates have to report the allotted institute to perform the Document Verification Round. So, the list of documents that are to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Domicile certificate
- NEET Result Copy
- NEET Admit Card
- Counseling letter
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of fee transaction slip and application form
UP MBBS /BDS Admission – Seat Reservation
The allotment of seats will be on the basis of the NEET Score. However, there will be reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Last year the following percentage of seats were allotted under reservation status.
|Category||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|Other Backward Caste||27%|
UP MBBS/BDS Seat Matrix (Govt/Private) Colleges
The Seat Matrix of various Government and Private Medical Colleges have been listed below. You can check the list and the seat matrix here.
Government Medical College/Institute/University
|King George Medical College||210|
|GSVM Medical College||159|
|SN Medical College||124|
|MLN Medical College||124|
|MLB Medical College||82|
|LLRM Medical College||124|
|BRD Medical College||82|
|Uttar Pradesh University Medical College||128|
|State Allopathic Medical College||85|
|State Medical College Kannauj||85|
|State Medical College Azamgarh||85|
|State Medical College Saharanpur||85|
|State Medical College Banda||85|
|RML Medical College||127|
|Private and Minority Medical Institutes|
|Subharti Medical College||100|
|SRMS Institute of Medical Sciences||100|
|Muzzafarnagar Medical College||150|
|Rohilkhand Medical College||150|
|Hind Institute of Medical Sciences||100|
|Rama Medical College Hospital and Research||100|
|Saraswathi Institute of Medical Sciences||100|
|Rama Medical College Ghaziabad||150|
|Rajshree Medical Research Institute||150|
|Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences||150|
|Hind Institute of Medical Sciences Sitapur||150|
|KD Medical College||150|
|TSM Institute of Medical Sciences||150|
|Era’s Lucknow Medical College||150|
|Career Institute of Medical Sciences||100|
|Integral Institute of Medical Sciences||100|
|MSY Medical College||150|
Government Dental College/Institute/University
|Faculty of Dental Science, FGMU||51|
|Private and Minority Dental Institutes|
|Rama Dental College||100|
|Subharti Dental College||100|
|Saraswathy Dental College||100|
|Kothiwal Dental College||100|
|BBD College of Dental Science||100|
|Institute of Dental Studies and Technology||100|
|ITS Centre of Dental Studies||100|
|KD Dental College||100|
|Institute of Dental Sciences||100|
|Chandra Medical College||100|
|Dental College Azamgarh||100|
|Kalka Dental College||100|
|School of Dental Sciences||100|
|Career Institute of Medical Sciences||100|
|Theerthankar Institute of Medical Sciences||100|