Rajasthan MBBS Admission 2020: The Office of the Chairman, NEET UG Medical and Dental Admission/Counseling Board, and Principal and Controller, SMS Medical College & Attached Hospitals, Jaipur is the main conducting body. The admission process will include the application process, merit list, and counseling process. The Rajasthan MBBS and BDS Admission will take place on the basis of The NEET 2020 Scores. However, to participate in the Rajasthan NEET Admission, candidates have to satisfy their eligibility criteria. So, in this article, we have provided complete details regarding the Rajasthan MBBS/BDS Admission, Dates, Form, Merit List, and Counselling. Therefore, go through the details carefully.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Rajasthan MBBS Admission 2020 – Highlights
- Office of the Chairman, NEET UG Medical and Dental Admission/Counseling Board, and Principal and Controller, SMS Medical College & Attached Hospitals Jaipur is the main conducting body.
- The admission of the candidates in medical and dental colleges will take place through NEET Scores.
- NRI MBBS Admission in Rajasthan is also available.
- There will be around 3200 seats for both MBBS and BDS courses in various government and private colleges located in the state of Rajasthan.
- Around 25 governmental and private colleges will be participating in the whole admission drive process.
Rajasthan MBBS Admission Schedule – 2020
The admission process for MBBS and BDS programmes in various government and private colleges/institutions will begin from the second week of June 2020. The authorities have not released any official dates regarding the Rajasthan NEET MBBS Admission Process. However, we have provided the tentative dates below so that you can get an idea regarding the admission process and schedule. We will update all the dates below once, they are announced.
|1||Rajasthan MBBS/BDS Admission Online Registration||Second Week of August 2020|
|2||Registration Deadline||Third Week of August 2020|
|3||Merit List for Rajasthan MBBS/BDS Admission||Third Week of August 2020|
|4||Document verification before the Board for PWD/Defence/PM, ab||Fourth Week of August 2020|
|5||Online Choice Filling||Fourth Week of August 2020|
|6||Indicative Seat Allotment Information (based on the choices filled by the candidates up to 28th June 2019, 5:00 pm)||Last Week of August 2020|
|7||Last Date for Depositing the registration fees||Last Week of August 2020|
|8||Last date for Choice Filling (filling up and saving choices or modifying the choices||First Week of September 2020|
|9||Printing of the Online Application Form after auto-locking the choices filled and saved by the candidates||First Week of September 2020|
|10||The release of the first round of seat allotment information on the website||First Week of September 2020|
|11||Printing of the Allotment Letter||Second Week of v 2020|
|12||First Round of Counselling and Document Verification||Second Week of September 2020|
|13||Joining at the Allotted College and Appearance before the medical board of the allotted college||Third Week of September 2020|
Rajasthan NEET (Mop-Up) Admission schedule
|Registration of Mop-Up Round Counselling||Second Week of October 2020|
|Closing Date of Registration||Second Week of October 2020|
|Seat Allotment Process||Third Week of October 2020|
|Reporting and Joining the allotted institute||Third Week of October 2020|
Rajasthan MBBS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria is the most important factor in the Rajasthan NEET Admission Process. The complete selection of the candidates will be on the basis of the Eligibility factor only. Hence, here is the list of the Rajasthan MBBS eligibility criteria that are followed by the Admission and Counseling Department of Rajasthan.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India. Other than that, a candidate who holds an Overseas Citizen of India Card can also apply.
- The domicile factor states that the candidate must be a permanent resident of Rajasthan.
- Otherwise, they must have stayed in the state for a longer period of time.
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years of age and the maximum age of the candidate must be 25 years of age.
- The reserved category candidates get an age relaxation of 5 years.
- The qualifying examination will be the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Other than that, candidates must have passed 10+2 from the State Board of Rajasthan.
- Candidates who have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology are eligible to seek admission.
- Other than that, proficiency in English will be considered desirable.
- Candidates must have cleared 10+2 examination with a combined aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- There will be a relaxation of 5 marks for physically handicapped students, and a relaxation of 10 marks will be given to candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST categories.
Rajasthan MBBS/BDS Application Form
The Rajasthan NEET Admission Form will release online in the second week of August 2020. Candidates have to fill and submit the form online. However, to apply, candidates must satisfy the eligibility conditions. Make sure that, you have all the details ready before starting to fill and submit the Rajasthan NEET form.
Application Procedure of Rajasthan MBBS 2020 Registration Form
- Go to the official website for Rajasthan MBBS Admission- Rajasthan.gov.in
- Locate the link that leads to new application submission (sos.rajasthan.gov.in)
- Fill in the application form; candidates will have to enter in basic information
- Pay the application fee by Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or by e-Mitra Kisok.
- After payment of application fee, candidates are required to upload their scanned documents
- After the final submission, candidates can take a print of the application form.
Application Fees of Rajasthan MBBS/BDS Application Form
- Making the payment of the application fees is mandatory.
- The cost of the online form fees is Rs 2000/- which is applicable for all the categories.
- Candidates can make the payment of the form through Net-Banking/Debit/Credit Card.
- No application form will be accepted without the payment of the fees.
Merit List for Rajasthan NEET MBBS Admission
The Merit List for Admissions in Rajasthan colleges and universities under medical programmes will be prepared by the Office of the Chairman, NEET UG Medical and Dental Admission/Counseling Board, and Principal and Controller, SMS Medical College & Attached Hospitals on the basis of performance of candidates in NEET 2020, availability of seat, and the number of applicants. Merit Lists are an essential decider for the seat allotment procedure. Rajasthan Medical Counseling Body will be referring mostly to the Rajasthan NEET Merit List.
Apart from that, candidates under special categories will be given some preferences under quota. Rajasthan Medical Counseling Body will release Merit Lists for each counseling procedure. Candidates whose name will be on the Rajasthan MBBS and BDS Merit List will be eligible for the counseling process.
Rajasthan MBBS/BDS Counselling
Rajasthan MBBS Counselling is the last and final process of the Rajasthan MBBS Admission. The Rajasthan Medical Counseling Conducting Authority will prepare a merit list based on the candidates who register for the Rajasthan MBBS/BDS admissions. Based on the Merit List, candidates will be called in for participating in the counselling sessions of Rajasthan MBBS/BDS Admission. The Seats will be allotted to candidates who confirm their admission by paying admission fees. On whole, the counselling process will take place in two to three rounds depending on the availability of the seats. The Rajasthan Medical Admission Counselling will take place on the basis of The NEET Scores. There will be two to three rounds of counselling depending on the availability of the seats.
The list of documents that is to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Domicile certificate of Rajasthan
- Candidate’s NEET Result Copy
- NEET Hall Ticket 2020
- Counseling letter for Rajasthan MBBS Admission
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of Rajasthan MBBS/BDS fee transaction slip and application form
Rajasthan State MBBS Seat Allotment and Commencement of Classes
The seats will be allotted to students on the basis of their NEET score. In addition, the authorities will also consider the seat matrix during the allotment process. Moreover, on the day of counselling, after seat allotment, the other details of the allotted institute will be provided to the students. The classes will begin soon after the rounds of counselling. Candidates should visit the official website frequently for updates.
Rajasthan State MBBS Seat Allotment Process
The Rajasthan MBBS Seat Allotment will be on the basis of the NEET Scores of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counselling conducting body. Candidates who will have their names on the seat allotment list will be eligible for the final admission and document verification round.
Rajasthan MBBS Admission – Reservation of seats
However, there will be reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Last year the following percentage of seats were allotted under reservation status.
|Category||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|Non-creamy Layer of Other Backward Class||21%|
|Women Candidates (for all categories)||25%|
|PWD (for all categories)||5%|
Rajasthan MBBS Admission 2020 – Bond and Fee Structure
The Government of Rajasthan has released a certain condition related to the bond and fee structure. However, the Bond Format for the Government and Private College is different.
Rajasthan NEET Bond Format (applicable for the Government Colleges)
- The candidates who have selected a Govt. Dental College, will have to submit a bond of Rs 4 Lacs. The bond has to be submitted in favor of Principal of the college with a bank guarantee of Rs 1 Lakh.
- If in case, the candidate leaves the course after the second round of counseling, then the Bank Guarantee and Bond will be forfeited by the college.
- Similarly, if in case, the candidate has selected a Govt. Medical College, then he/she will have to submit a bond of commitment to serve the State Government for 2 years, amounting to Rs 5 Lakhs
- If in case, the candidate leaves the course after the second round of counseling then also the Bond of Rs 5 lakhs will be applicable.
- Rs 5 lacs will be charged for such candidates.
Rajasthan NEET Bond Condition for Private Colleges
- At the time of reporting, the candidates who are selected in the private colleges will have to submit a bond/bank guarantee.
- Further details will be available in the brochure of the respective colleges.
|Round||Free Exit||Exit with Forfeiture of fees||Ineligible for further counseling||Amount Of Registration Fees|
|State Round-I (Online)||Yes|
|State Round-II (Offline)||If not Joined||If Joined||Govt. – Rs 10,000/- and Rs 5000 for reserved category|
Private – Rs 1, 00, 000/-
|State Mop-Up Round||If Joined|
|Deemed Mop-Uo Round||If Joined|
Rajasthan NEET Participating Colleges (MBBS/BDS) and Seat Matrix
Candidates can check the Rajasthan MBBS/BDS Government and Medical Private Colleges along with the availability of the seats below.
Government Medical and Dental Colleges
|Name of the College||Total Number of Seats|
|SMS Medical College, Jaipur||250|
|Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner||250|
|RNT Medical College, Udaipur||150|
|Government Medical College, Kota||150|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer||150|
|Dr. SN Medical College, Jodhpur||250|
|RUHS College of Medical Sciences, Jaipur||100|
|Jhalawar Medical College, Jhalawar||150|
|RUHS College of Dental sciences, Jaipur||40|
Private Medical and Dental Colleges
|Name of the College||Total Seats|
|National Institute of Medical Science and Research, Jaipur||100|
|Jaipur National University Institute of Medical Sciences, and Research Center, Jaipur||150|
|Mahatma Gandhi Medical College||150|
|Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital, Udaipur||150|
|American International Institute of Medical Sciences, Bedwas||150|
|Darshan Dental College, Udaipur||100|
|Eklavya Dental College,Kotputli||100|
|Geetanjali Dental College, Udaipur||100|
|Jaipur Dental College, Jaipur||100|
|Jodhpur Dental College, Jodhpur||100|
|Maharaja Ganga Singh DC, Ganganagar||100|
|Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, Jaipur||60|
|Pacific Dental College, and Hospital||100|
|Pacific Dental College and Research Center||100|
|Rajasthan Dental College, Jaipur||100|
|RR Dental College, Udaipur||100|
|Surendra Dental College||100|
|Vyas Dental College, Jodhpur||100|
Candidates are requested to go through the Official Notification carefully. Hence, the Rajasthan MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 will take place for a span of two months (approx). If you have any queries regarding the admission procedure, then comment on the section below.