AP MBBS/BDS Admission 2020: Note that as the Application process is over, so the Merit List will be published soon. The admission process is carried out by the Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada. The selection of the candidates is done on the basis of NEET 2020 Scores. The State MBBS offers around 4958 Seats under MBBS and BDS. In addition, the list of candidates of NEET AP state is published on the official website of the university. AP MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 includes the Application Form Registration followed by the release of the merit list and counselling. Hence, in this article, we have provided complete details about the Admission, Dates, Eligibility, etc. So, if you are applying under the Andhra Pradesh NEET Admission, then check the article carefully.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- Note that the AP MBBS Application Procedure is over. Hence, the Merit List will be published soon. Candidates should keep checking the concerning websites frequently for updates.
- Dr. NTR University of Health and Sciences has published the NEET Qualified Candidates List of Andhra Pradesh on 30th October 2020.
AP MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 – Overview
- Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences will be counselling conducting authority for the 2020 medical and dental admissions.
- MBBS and BDS admissions in AP’s governmental and privatized colleges/institutes will be done on the basis of NEET 2020.
- There will be around 44 governmental and privatized medical and dental college/institutes which will be participating in this AP MBBS/BDS Admission drive.
- Total seats that will be offered for both medical and dental programs in these 44 colleges/institutes will be around 3480.
- Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences will be conducting the admission for about 85% of total seats. The rest of the seats, i.e. 15%, will be taken care of Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Programmes offered will include a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Sciences (BDS).
- The state quota admissions of Andhra Pradesh will be divided into Convenor Quota Seats and Management Quota Seats.
AP MBBS 2020 Admission Dates
Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences will be releasing the official notification soon. Note that the dates have been delayed due to COVID-19. However, the admission activities schedule will be released on the official website of the university soon. The tentative schedule is provided below. Further, candidates should check out the concerned websites frequently for updates.
|AP MBBS Admission Notification||13th November 2020|
|Application Form Release||13th November 2020|
|Last Date for Application Submission||21st November 2020|
|AP MBBS Merit List Release||– To be Announced –|
|AP MBBS Counselling||–|
|Seat Allotment Results||–|
These dates are tentative. The exact dates will be announced and updated eventually. Therefore, we advise the candidates to check the official website for the latest updates and notifications.
AP MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2020
The Andhra Pradesh NEET Admission depends only on the eligibility criteria. It is thus important for each of the candidates to satisfy the eligibility criteria. Moreover, the students failing to do so shall not be eligible for admission. The applications of ineligible students will get rejected by the authorities. Therefore, do check the eligibility conditions carefully, which are as follows:
AP MBBS Application Form 2020
The Andhra Pradesh NEET Registration Form will be available soon after the completion of the NEET Exam. The Mode of filling and submitting the form is online. That means the candidate has to visit the official website to apply. The application form will be available separately for the Convenor and the Management Quota. Since the application form will be available for a limited period of time, therefore we advise the candidates to fill in the Registration Form before the due date.
How to Fill the AP NEET Application Form
The Step by Step Procedure to fill in the Andhra Pradesh MBBS/BDS Application Form is as follows-
- Firstly, visit the official website of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences- www.ntruhs.ap.nic.in
- The Mode of the Registration Form is Online.
- The First Stage is the Registration Process, where the candidate has to fill in the basic details.
- After registering, a login id will be generated and candidates are required to log in using this login id and password
- After logging in, fill in the personal and academic credentials
- Confirm the information entered, and check the declaration statement.
- After the application form filling, candidates will have to make the application fee payment.
- The application fee can be paid via Internet Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, or Debit Card + ATM Pin.
Furthermore, the application fee will be INR 3000 for unreserved candidates and INR 2000 for reserved categories. It is as per the last years’ records. If the fee will be revised, then those will be mentioned here. Candidates should further note that the fee has to be submitted on time or you will not be able to submit your application.
AP MBBS/BDS 2020 Merit List
The AP MBBS/BDS conducting body will prepare and release the rank list for admission to the undergraduate MBBS/BDS program in the medical Institution of the state of Andhra Pradesh. Seat allotment will be based on the ranks secured by candidates in the Merit List. Merit list of AP MBBS Admission 2020 is delayed due to COVID-19. The Dr. NTRUHS NEET Merit List is prepared considering various factors such as the number of candidates applied for admission, NEET score, and seat intake. However, the Merit List contains the names of the candidates who are eligible for admission. A rank wise list of candidates will be available before every session of counselling.
AP MBBS/BDS Document Verification Centers
Here, we have provided the last year’s document verification centers list.
Candidates residing in the Districts of
Administrative Building, Dr. NTR University of Health
All Special categories, OU Area (Telangana) reserved categories &
Opp. School of Distance Education, Andhra University Campus,
Visakhapatnam, Srikakulam &
Old MBA BUILDING,
Sri Venkateswara University.
Nellore, Chittoor, Kadapa
SGPR Government Polytechnic College, Kurnool
Kurnool, Ananthapur and OU Area (Telangana)
MBTS Polytechnic College, Nallapadu, Rural Guntur, Sattenapalle Road, Guntur-
Guntur and Prakasam
GMR Polytechnic College,
Rajavolu Road, Bommuru, Rajahmundry Rural
East Godavari and
AP MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 Counselling
The AP NEET 2020 Counselling will take place soon after the release of the merit list. Hence, candidates whose name is on the Merit List will be eligible for the Counselling Process. However, the Counselling will take place rank-wise. The Counselling for the Convenor and Management Quota will be conducted separately. Moreover, the counselling for Convenor Quota will take place online, whereas, the counselling for the Managemen Quota will take place Offline.
Hence, overall, there will be a total of three rounds – First, Second followed a Mop-Up Counselling. An additional Mop-Up Round will also take place if the seats remain vacant. However, the result of the counselling will be available online on the official website of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences. Further, the students who will not participate in the rounds of counselling will not be eligible for admission. The seat allotment and document verification process is mainly carried out in this admission round. The list of documents that a student must have is thus provided below.
Required Documents for AP MBBS/BDS Admission 2020
You need to carry the following documents at the time of Document Verification-
- Domicile certificate
- NEET 2020 Result Printout
- NEET Admit Card 2020
- Counselling Allotment Letter
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of fee transaction slip and application form
The allotment of seats will be solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counseling conducting body. Reserved Seats are available for the candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories.
AP NEET MBBS/BDS Seat Matrix
The seat matrix basically indicates the no. of seats available for admission. In addition, the authorities allot seats to students on the basis of seat matrix only. It also indicates the section of seats that are reserved for certain category students. Thus, the seat matrix is provided below for AP MBBS Admission.
|Category (Vertical)||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|Other Backward Caste||29%|
|Category (Horizontal)||Percent of Reserved Seats|