AP MBBS/BDS Admission 2021: The admission process is carried out by the Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada. The selection of the candidates is done on the basis of NEET 2021 Scores. The State MBBS offers around 4958 Seats under MBBS and BDS. In addition, the list of candidates of NEET AP state is published on the official website of the university. AP MBBS/BDS Admission 2021 includes the Application Form Registration followed by the release of the merit list and counselling. Hence, in this article, we have provided complete details about Admission, Dates, Eligibility, etc. So, if you are applying under the Andhra Pradesh NEET Admission, then check the article carefully.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
AP MBBS/BDS Admission 2021 – Overview
- Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences is the counselling conducting authority for the 2021 medical and dental admissions.
- MBBS and BDS admissions in AP’s governmental and privatized colleges /institutes is done on the basis of NEET 2021 score.
- There are around 44 governmental and privatized medical and dental college/ institutes which participates in this AP MBBS/ BDS Admission drive.
- Total seats that are offered for both medical and dental programs in these 44 colleges/ institutes are around 3480.
- Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences is conducting the admission for about 85% of the total seats. The rest of the seats, i.e. 15%, are taken care of Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- The offered Programmes include a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Sciences (BDS).
- The state quota admissions of Andhra Pradesh is divided into Convenor Quota Seats and Management Quota Seats.
AP MBBS Admission Dates
Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences releases an information brochure for indicating the important dates and information of admission process. The participants should further be well acquainted with the admission activities schedule. It shall help in not missing out on any of the major event of AP MBBS 2021 Admissions. Furthermore, the important dates are mentioned below and are updated if the authorities revise them.
|AP MBBS Admission Notification||– July 2021 –|
|Application Form Release||– July 2021 –|
|Last Date for Application Submission||– July/ August 2021 –|
|AP MBBS Merit List Release||– To be Announced –|
|Document Verification||– To be Announced –|
|AP MBBS Counselling||– To be Announced –|
|Seat Allotment Results||– To be Announced –|
|Admission Confirmation||– To be Announced –|
AP MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2021
The Andhra Pradesh NEET Admission depends only on the eligibility criteria. It is thus important for each of the candidates to satisfy the eligibility criteria. Moreover, the students failing to do so shall not be eligible for admission. The applications of ineligible students get rejected by the authorities. Therefore, do check the eligibility conditions carefully, which are as follows:
AP MBBS Application Form 2021
The Andhra Pradesh NEET Registration Form is released soon after the completion of the NEET Exam. The Mode of filling and submitting the form is online. That means the candidate has to visit the official website to apply. The application form is made available separately for the Convenor and the Management Quota. Since the application form is available for a limited period of time, therefore we advise the candidates to fill in the Registration Form before the due date.
How to Fill the AP NEET Application Form
The Step by Step Procedure to fill in the Andhra Pradesh MBBS/BDS Application Form is as follows-
- Firstly, visit the official website of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences- www.ntruhs.ap.nic.in
- The Mode of the Registration Form is Online.
- The First Stage is the Registration Process, where the candidate has to fill in the basic details.
- After registering, a login id is generated and candidates are required to log in using this login id and password
- After logging in, fill in the personal and academic credentials
- Confirm the information entered, and check the declaration statement.
- After the application form filling, candidates have to make the application fee payment.
- The application fee can be paid via Internet Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, or Debit Card + ATM Pin.
Furthermore, the application fee is INR 3000 for unreserved candidates and INR 2000 for reserved categories. It is as per the last years’ records. If the fee is revised, then that shall be mentioned here. Candidates should further note that the fee has to be submitted on time or you will not be able to submit your application.
AP MBBS/BDS 2021 Merit List
The AP MBBS/BDS conducting body prepare and release the rank list for admission to the undergraduate MBBS/ BDS program in the medical Institution of the state of Andhra Pradesh. Seat allotment will be based on the ranks secured by candidates in the Merit List. The Merit list of AP MBBS Admission 2021 is released in pdf format. The Dr. NTRUHS NEET Merit List is prepared considering various factors such as the number of candidates applied for admission, NEET score, and seat intake. However, the Merit List contains the names of the candidates who are eligible for admission. A rank-wise list of candidates shall be available before every session of counselling.
AP MBBS/BDS Document Verification Centers
Here, we have provided the last year’s document verification centers list.
Candidates residing in the Districts of
Administrative Building, Dr. NTR University of Health
All Special categories, OU Area (Telangana) reserved categories &
Opp. School of Distance Education, Andhra University Campus,
Visakhapatnam, Srikakulam &
Old MBA BUILDING,
Sri Venkateswara University.
Nellore, Chittoor, Kadapa
SGPR Government Polytechnic College, Kurnool
Kurnool, Ananthapur and OU Area (Telangana)
MBTS Polytechnic College, Nallapadu, Rural Guntur, Sattenapalle Road, Guntur-
Guntur and Prakasam
GMR Polytechnic College,
Rajavolu Road, Bommuru, Rajahmundry Rural
East Godavari and
AP MBBS/BDS Admission 2021 Counselling
The AP NEET 2021 Counselling takes place soon after the release of the merit list. Hence, candidates whose name is on the Merit List shall be eligible for the Counselling Process. However, the Counselling takes place rank-wise. The Counselling for the Convenor and Management Quota is conducted separately. Moreover, the counselling for Convenor Quota takes place online, whereas, the counselling for the Managemen Quota takes place Offline.
Hence, overall, there are a total of three rounds – First, Second followed a Mop-Up Counselling. An additional Mop-Up Round also takes place if the seats remain vacant. However, the result of the counselling shall be available online on the official website of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences. Further, the students who do not participate in the rounds of counselling shall not be eligible for admission. The seat allotment and document verification process are mainly carried out in this admission round. The list of documents that a student must have is thus provided below.
Required Documents for AP MBBS/ BDS Admission 2021
You need to carry the following documents at the time of Document Verification-
- Domicile certificate
- NEET 2021 Result Printout
- NEET Admit Card 2021
- Counselling Allotment Letter
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of fee transaction slip and application form
The allotment of seats is solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counseling conducting body. Reserved Seats are available for the candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories.
AP NEET MBBS/BDS Seat Matrix
The seat matrix basically indicates the no. of seats available for admission. In addition, the authorities allot seats to students on the basis of seat matrix only. It also indicates the section of seats that are reserved for certain category students. Thus, the seat matrix is provided below for AP MBBS Admission.
|Category (Vertical)||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|Other Backward Caste||29%|
|Category (Horizontal)||Percent of Reserved Seats|