West Bengal MBBS Admission 2021: The Department of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata is the main conducting body for the admission process. The State MBBS does not conduct any entrance admission test, as the selection of the candidates is done on the basis of NEET 2021 Scores. So, soon after the declaration of the NEET Result, the WB NEET Admission start. However, the admission process comprise of Online registration, merit list, and counselling. Shortlisted candidates get admission in West Bengal Medical and Dental Colleges. In this article, we have provided complete details of the West Bengal MBBS/ BDS Admission. Therefore, go through the details carefully.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
WB MBBS Admission 2021 – Highlights
- The Department of Health and Family Welfare (DHFW) Kolkata, West Bengal is the conducting body for West Bengal NEET.
- Admission is granted on the basis of NEET Scores.
- There are around 2700 seats offered for MBBS and 546 for BDS in around 21 government and private medical and dental colleges/ institutes/ universities.
- Department of Health and Family Welfare is responsible for the admissions for about 85% of total applicants. The rest 15% is taken care of by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC).
- Programmes offered include Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS).
West Bengal NEET 2021 Important Dates
The DHFW Kolkata, West Bengal releases the admission activities schedule. Hence, further as per the released schedule, all the admission activities are carried out. Thus, the students taking part in the WB MBBS Admission process should be well-versed with important event dates.
|Starting date of the online registration and payment of fees||– To be Announced –|
|Round I Choice Filling and Saving of Filled Choices (in preferences)||– To be Announced –|
|Round I Choice Locking of the saved choices||– To be Announced –|
|Publication of Enrolled and Successfully Paid candidate list for WB NEET Counselling 2021 (Provisional List)||– To be Announced –|
|Round I Allotment List||– To be Announced –|
|Document verification of the NRI Candidates at Swasthya Bhawan||– To be Announced –|
|Physical Reporting of the candidates to the respective allotted colleges along with fee and original documents and bond for admission||– To be Announced –|
|Starting Date of Online Registration||– To be Announced –|
|Payment of Registration fees||– To be Announced –|
|Document verification||– To be Announced –|
|Online Choice filling and locking||– To be Announced –|
|Result declaration||– To be Announced –|
|Reporting Allotted institute||– To be Announced –|
WB NEET Counselling 2020 Notifications
West Bengal MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria is an important factor in West Bengal NEET Admission. Applicants are required to fulfil the eligibility conditions. The applications of candidates who do not fulfil the conditions are rejected. Further, the candidates can check the eligibility condition below –
- The Nationality of the candidate must be Indian. However, OCI candidates can also apply.
- The candidate must be a resident of West Bengal state. Candidates who are not a domicile of West Bengal are only eligible for the private management quota.
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years as of 31st December of the admission year. However, age relaxation is applicable for the reserved category candidates.
- Candidates must have qualified for the NEET 2021 Exam and must have passed 10+2 from State Board or Equivalent.
The other eligibility conditions include the NEET 2021 Eligibility criteria as well. Also, the criteria for state quota and All India Quota seats is different. Candidates should hence check the eligibility conditions for the quota they are applying under.
West Bengal NEET Cut-off 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017
|Category||NTA NEET Cut-Off Percentile||NEET-UG 2020 cutoff||NEET 2019 Cutoff||NTA NEET Cutoff 2018||NEET 2017 Cutoff|
West Bengal MBBS Applicant Registration Process
Now, if you satisfy all the eligibility conditions above, the WB NEET Application Form process is the next step. The application link is activated for a limited period of time, therefore, we advise the candidates to fill and submit the form before the due date. The mode of West Bengal MBBS Registration Form is online. So, in the application process, candidates have to submit their personal and educational details. Here, we have provided quick details about how to fill the form. You can check the detailed process in WB MBBS/ BDS Application Form.
How to Apply for West Bengal MBBS Application Form
Filling and submitting the form is quite simple. So, the steps to apply for WB NEET Registration Form is as follows-
- Go to the official website of the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata – wbuhs.ac.in
- Click on the application form link
- Register yourself using by providing basic details such as name, date of birth, mobile number, e-mail id.
- After successful registration, you shall receive a registration id and password.
- Login using the credentials and upload the required documents as per the specifications.
- Make the payment of the application form. Recheck all the details and click on submit button.
- Download and take the printout of the West Bengal NEET Registration Form
Application Form Fees of WB Medical and Dental Application Form
- Application Fee for West Bengal MBBS admission 2021 is INR 2,000 for the Unreserved and OBC categories and INR 1,500 for the SC/ ST candidates.
- The mode of payment of the form is online through credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
- The application fee amount is non-refundable.
West Bengal MBBS Application Form Correction
- The authority does not offer any application correction facilities.
- Candidates can make relevant changes before making the final submission.
- They can simply click on the ‘previous page button.
West Bengal MBBS Admission Merit List 2021
Department of Health and Family Welfare publishes West Bengal NEET Merit List after the conclusion of the application process. The merit list is published separately category-wise (state quote and private management quota). In addition, the Merit list pdf includes the details such as Name, Roll number, Counselling dates, rank, score, etc. The authority releases a merit list for each round of counselling. It is further published in pdf format. Therefore, candidates can easily check it out and download it. The rank list is also very important as it is considered during counselling.
West Bengal MBBS Counselling 2021
The West Bengal MBBS and BDS Counselling start soon after the release of the Merit List. Candidates whose name is on the merit list shall be eligible for the counselling. The mode of counselling is online. Candidates applying for the West Bengal MBBS Admission 2021, have to select their preferences of colleges. Candidates are notified regarding the counselling time and venue via mail by the counselling conducting body. Students have to reach on time at the said venue with all the relevant documents.
WB NEET Document Verification Process
Candidates have to carry the following documents to the Document Verification Process.
- Domicile certificate for state quota in government colleges
- NEET 2021 Result Copy
- NEET Admit Card 2021
- Counselling letter of West Bengal MBBS/ BDS Admission
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of West Bengal MBBS Fee transaction slip and West Bengal MBBS Application form.
List of West Bengal MBBS/ BDS Participating Colleges and Seat matrix
Candidates can check out the names of the institutes that participate in the WB MBBS/ BDS Admission process. Moreover, during the allotment process, the seat matrix is considered. Therefore, in this section, we have mentioned the no. of seats available in each of the medical and dental college.
|Name of the College||Availability of Seats|
|North Bengal Medical College||100|
|Nilratan Sircar Medical College||250|
|Medical College, Kolkata||250|
|Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata||200|
|Burdwan Medical College||150|
|Bankura Sammilani Medical College||150|
|ESIC Medical College||100|
|College of Medicine and JNM Hospital||100|
|Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research||150|
|Midnapore Medical College||100|
|Murshidabad Medical College and Hospital||100|
|Malda Medical College and Hospital||100|
|College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital||100|
|RG Kar Medical College||200|
|KPG Medical College||150|
|Total number of Seats||2200|
Dental Colleges offering WB MBBS/ BDS Admission 2021
|Name of the college||Availability of seats|
|R Ahmed Dental College||96|
|North Bengal Dental College||50|
|Burdwan Dental College||100|
|Guru Nanak Institute of Dental Science and Research||100|
|Haldia Institute of Medical Science and Research||100|
|Kusum Devi Sunderlal Dugar Jain Dental College||100|
|Total number of seats||546|
So, these are the complete details regarding the WB NEET MBBS Admission process. If you have any queries regarding the admission process, then please comment on the section below.