West Bengal MBBS Admission 2020: The Admission Procedure has been started by the Health and Department Authority of West Bengal. NEET Exam was conducted successfully on 13th September 2020. Candidates should keep checking the concerned websites for updates. The Department of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata is the main conducting body for the admission process. The State MBBS does not conduct any entrance admission test, as the selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of NEET 2020 Scores. So, soon after the declaration of the NEET Result, the WB NEET Admission will start. However, the admission process will comprise of Online registration, merit list, and counselling. Shortlisted candidates will get admission in West Bengal Medical and Dental Colleges. In this article, we have provided complete details of the West Bengal MBBS/BDS Admission. Therefore, go through the details carefully.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
West Bengal MBBS/BDS Admission has been started. The Round-I Counselling Registration has been started. Register for Counselling. The last date to apply is 12th November 2020 (11:59 pm)
WB MBBS Admission 2020 – Highlights
- The Department of Health and Family Welfare (DHFW) Kolkata, West Bengal is the conducting body for West Bengal NEET.
- Admission will take place on the basis of NEET Scores.
- There will be around 2700 seats offered for MBBS and 546 for BDS in around 21 government and private medical and dental colleges/institutes/universities.
- Department of Health and Family Welfare will be responsible for the admissions for about 85% of total applicants. The rest 15% will be taken care of by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC).
- Programmes offered include Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS).
West Bengal NEET 2020 – Tentative Schedule
The Admission Authority declared the official dates for WB NEET Admission 2020-21. Check schedule below.
|Starting date of the online registration and payment of fees||9th November 2020 (12 Noon) to 12th November 2020 (11:59 pm)|
|Round I Choice Filling and Saving of Filled Choices (in preferences)||10th November 2020 (6 pm) to 12th November 2020 (11:59 pm)|
|Round I Choice Locking of the saved choices||10th November 2020 (6 pm) to 12th November 2020 (11:59 pm)|
|Publication of Enrolled and Successfully Paid candidate list for WB NEET Counselling 2020 (Provisional List)||13th November 2020 ( after 6 pm)|
|Round I Allotment List||16th November 2020 (after 6 pm)|
|Document verification of the NRI Candidates at Swasthya Bhawan||17th November 2020 (10 am to 4 pm)|
|Physical Reporting of the candidates to the respective allotted colleges along with fee and original documents and bond for admission||17th and 18th November 2020 (10 am to 4 pm) as per server time|
|Starting Date of Online Registration||–|
|Payment of Registration fees||–|
|Online Choice filling and locking||–|
|Reporting Allotted institute||–|
West Bengal MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria is the important factor in West Bengal NEET Admission. Candidates can check the eligibility condition below –
- The Nationality of the candidate must be Indian. However, OCI candidates can also apply.
- The candidate must be a resident of West Bengal state. Candidates who are not a domicile of West Bengal are only eligible for private management quota.
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years as on 31st December 2020. However, age relaxation is applicable for the reserved category candidates.
- Candidates must have qualified the NEET 2020 Exam and must have passed 10+2 from State Board or Equivalent.
The other eligibility conditions include the NEET 2020 Eligibility criteria as well.
West Bengal NEET Cut-off 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017
|Category||NTA NEET Cut-Off Percentile||NEET 2019 Cutoff||NTA NEET Cutoff 2018||NEET 2017 Cutoff|
West Bengal MBBS Applicant Registration Process
Now, if you satisfy all the eligibility conditions of above, the WB NEET Application Form process is the next step. The application form will release in the third/fourth week of June 2020. The link will be activated for a limited period of time, therefore, we advise the candidates to fill and submit the form before the due date. The mode of West Bengal MBBS Registration Form is online. So, in the application process, candidates have to submit their personal, and educational details. Here, we have provided a quick details about how to fill the form. You can check the detailed process in WB MBBS/BDS Application Form.
How to Apply for West Bengal MBBS Application Form
Filling and submitting the form is quite simple. So, the steps to apply for WB NEET Registration Form is as follows-
- Go to the official website of Department of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata- wbuhs.ac.in.
- Click on the application form link
- Register yourself using by providing basic details such as name, date of birth, mobile number, e-mail id.
- After successful registration you will receive a registration id and password.
- Login using the credentials and upload the required documents as per the specifications.
- Make the payment of the application form. Recheck all the details and click on submit button.
- Download and take the printout of the West Bengal NEET Registration Form
Application Form Fees of WB Medical and Dental Application Form
- Application Fee for West Bengal MBBS admission 2020 is INR 2000 for the Unreserved and OBC categories and INR 1500 for the SC/ST candidates.
- The mode of payment of the form is online through credit card/debit card/net banking.
- The application fee amount is non-refundable.
West Bengal MBBS Application Form Correction
- The authority does not offer any application form correction facilities.
- Candidates can make relevant changes before making the final submission.
- They can simply click on the ‘previous page’ button.
West Bengal MBBS Admission Merit List 2020
The Department of Health and Family Welfare will release the West Bengal NEET Merit List in the fourth week of June 2020. However, the merit list will be published separately category-wise (state quote and private management quota). The Merit list pdf will include the details such as Name, Roll number, Counselling dates, rank, score, etc. The WB MBBS Rank list pdf will be available for each counselling round. Check WB NEET Merit List pdf.
West Bengal MBBS Counselling 2020
The West Bengal MBBS and BDS Counselling will start soon after the release of the Merit List. Candidates whose name is on the merit list will be eligible for the counselling. The counselling will start in the first week of July 2020. The mode of the counselling is online. Candidates applying for the West Bengal MBBS Admission 2020, have to select their preferences of colleges. Candidates will be notified regarding the counseling time and venue via mail by the counseling conducting body. Students will have to reach on time at said venue with all the relevant documents.
WB NEET Document Verification Process
Candidates have to carry the following documents to the Document Verification Process.
- Domicile certificate for state quota in government colleges
- NEET 2020 Result Copy
- NEET Admit Card 2020
- Counseling letter of West Bengal MBBS/BDS Admission
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of West Bengal MBBS Fee transaction slip and West Bengal MBBS Application form.
List of West Bengal MBBS/BDS Participating Colleges and Seat matrix
|Name of the College||Availability of Seats|
|North Bengal Medical College||100|
|Nilratan Sircar Medical College||250|
|Medical College, Kolkata||250|
|Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata||200|
|Burdwan Medical College||150|
|Bankura Sammilani Medical College||150|
|ESIC Medical College||100|
|College of Medicine and JNM Hospital||100|
|Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research||150|
|Midnapore Medical College||100|
|Murshidabad Medical College and Hospital||100|
|Malda Medical College and Hospital||100|
|College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital||100|
|RG Kar Medical College||200|
|KPG Medical College||150|
|Total number of Seats||2200|
Dental Colleges offering WB MBBS/BDS Admission 2020
|Name of the college||Availability of seats|
|R Ahmed Dental College||96|
|North Bengal Dental College||50|
|Burdwan Dental College||100|
|Guru Nanak Institute of Dental Science and Research||100|
|Haldia Institute of Medical Science and Research||100|
|Kusum Devi Sunderlal Dugar Jain Dental College||100|
|Total number of seats||546|
So, these are the complete details regarding the WB NEET MBBS Admission process. If you have any queries regarding the admission process, then please comment on the section below.