Pondicherry MBBS Admission 2021: The Centralized Admission Committee is responsible for conducting the admission procedure and Counselling. The Committee releases an Online MBBS Application Form on the website for inviting students to take admission in seats reserved under state quota. Through Pondicherry MBBS Admission 2021, candidates shall be eligible to get admissions in various MBBS and BDS Colleges of Pondicherry. Therefore, to participate in the admission rounds, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria and must have qualified for NEET 2021. So, in this article, we have provided you with complete details regarding admission processes such as the Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Procedure, etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Pondicherry MBBS Admission 2021
The Counseling and Admission Procedure is conducted online. Based on the NEET 2021 UG Scores, candidates are selected for the further selection procedure. The Seat Allotment Letter of Pondicherry MBBS/ BDS Admission can be downloaded from the official website of CENTAC. Hence, the Candidates must report to the college with the seat allotment letter and original documents on the allotted date and time.
Candidates taking part in admission rounds should further keep themselves updated with important event dates. Or else, any of the major events can be missed leading to failure in getting a seat in the desired medical college.
|Starting Date of the Online Application Form for Puducherry MBBS||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date to Register||– To be Announced –|
|The Release of the Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|Deadline to File Objection on the merit list||– To be Announced –|
|Declaration of Final Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|Seat Allotment of Round 1||– To be Announced –|
|Reporting to the College||– To be Announced –|
|Round II MBBS Counseling||– To be Announced –|
|Report to the College||– To be Announced –|
|Mop-Up Round Counseling or Seat Allotment||– To be Announced –|
|Reporting to the College||– To be Announced –|
Pondicherry MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2021
It is very necessary for the candidates to satisfy the Eligibility Criteria of Pondicherry MBBS. Only the students who fulfill the eligibility conditions can take part in admission rounds. The eligibility criteria are as follows-
- Candidates applying for CENTAC Puducherry must hold Indian Nationality.
- French Nationals residing in Puducherry as per the terms of the Treaty of Cession are eligible for participating in Pondicherry MBBS Admission 2021.
- The applicants who are willing for getting admissions to the college must be permanent residents of Puducherry.
- If the parents of the applicant have lived/ resided in Puducherry for at least 5 years as of June 2021 are also eligible for admission.
- Candidates who have passed SSLC from any of the schools of Pondicherry are also eligible for CENTAC Pondicherry Admissions 2021.
- The Minimum Age of the candidate must be 17 years as of 31st December of the admission year.
- Candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply for Puducherry NEET Admission.
- Candidates must qualify NEET 2021 UG with the minimum required qualifying marks.
- The Applicants must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology Subjects.
- Candidates should get minimum aggregate marks of 50% (General Category), 45% (General PWD), and 40% (Reserved Category).
Minimum Qualified Marks in NEET-UG 2021
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile|
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40 Percentile|
|General -PH||45 Percentile|
|SC/ ST/ OBC -(PH)||40 Percentile|
Pondicherry MBBS Application Form 2021
The Centralized Admission Committee, Pondicherry release the Pondicherry MBBS Online Application. In addition, the form of Pondicherry can be filled by visiting the official website of CENTAC. Candidates who qualify for NEET 2021 and satisfy the eligibility criteria are eligible to fill in the application form. Further, candidates have to undergo the following stages while filling the application form.
- Visit the official website of CENTAC – www.centacpuducherry.in.
- Candidates have to register themselves by submitting their Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-mail id, NEET Roll Number, etc.
- Then click on the submit button. An OTP is sent on your registered number, enter the OTP and your registration process is complete.
- A Registration ID and Password are sent to the registered E-mail ID and Phone Number.
- Using the Registration ID and Password, log in using the credentials.
- After logging in, the application form is displayed on the screen. Enter your Personal Details, Educational Qualifications, and choose college preferences. Candidates are advised to enter correct details to avoid rejection of the application form.
After submitting all the details click on the save and next option. Now upload the scanned photograph and signature. Candidates also have to upload a few scanned documents. The scanned images and documents must be in JPEG format and should not be less than 20 KB and not more than 50 Kb.
Upload the self-attested copies of the following documents-
- Nationality/ Domicile/ Residence Certificate
- Class 10th and 12th Certificates/ Marksheets
- Regional Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- After uploading all the documents, make the payment of the application fees.
- The Counselling Fee for General Category is Rs 1000/- and for the reserved category is Rs 500/-.
- After the submission of the application form, download and take the printout of the application form. Candidates are advised to enter correct details while filling the application form and submit it before the due date. The details are checked at the time of the counselling round.
Pondicherry MBBS 2021 Merit List
Based on the NEET 2021 UG Scores and Class 12th Marks, a Merit List is prepared and published on the official website of the CENTAC Puducherry Website. The CENTAC first releases a Draft Merit List and candidates get one day to file objections on the draft merit list. Later, the CENTAC releases the Final Merit List. The rank list pdf is released category-wise. Moreover, only the merit list students are eligible to participate in the counseling round.
Details Printed on Puducherry MBBS/ BDS Merit List
- Merit Rank
- Application Number
- Name of the Candidate
- NEET Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- NEET Score
- NEET Rank
The selection of the candidates is purely based on the merit list of CENTAC 2021 MBBS Admission. Candidates’ performance in NEET 2021 is the major criteria in the preparation of NEET MBBS Admission 2021.
Pondicherry MBBS Counselling 2021
The Puducherry MBBS BDS Counselling 2021 is held after the declaration of the merit list. The counselling process is held online on the official website of CENTAC. The Final Seat Allotment Result is published on the official website as well. Hence, Candidates can check their seat allotment results online.
The step by step procedure of Pondicherry MBBS Counselling 2021 is as follows-
Login with the credentials to check the allotment status. The Candidates have four options displayed on the screen.
- Option I– Candidates can accept the seat or refuse to participate in the further allotment process.
- Option II– Candidates can accept the allotment and request for up-gradation of the seat. If the seat of the candidate is upgraded in further rounds, of allotment, the seat that was allotted earlier shall be given to another candidate.
- Option III– Candidates can also reject the allotment list as well and choose to take part in the further rounds of seat allotment.
- Option IV– Candidates can reject the seat and opt-out from the next round of seat allotment.
After accepting the seat, the candidates are allowed to download the provisional seat allotment letter from the official website.
After downloading the seat allotment letter, candidates have to report to the allotted college within the allotted date and time. The admission of the candidate is confirmed if he/ she submit the original certificate to the college and deposit the course fees.
Pondicherry MBBS Admissions 2021 – Tie Breaker Method
If two or more candidates score the same marks then, the tie-breaker method is applied. There are different criteria to break the Tie-Breaker policy. The criteria are as follows-
- Candidates scoring more marks in Biology/ Botany/ Zoology are preferred first.
- If the tie exists, then the candidate with more marks in Physics is given priority.
- After the process, if the tie is still present then the candidate with more marks in Chemistry is given the preference.
- If still, the tie is existing between the candidates, then candidates of older age are selected.
Pondicherry MBBS 2021 Counselling & Document Verification
List of the documents that a candidate must bring at the time of counseling and document verification.
- NEET Admit Card 2021
- Class 10th and 12th Passing Certificate and Marks Certificate
- NEET Result Copy 2021
- Class 12th/ Intermediate/ Senior Secondary School Examination Certificate/ and detailed mark sheet.
- Character Certificate issued by the School/ Institute Last Attended.
- Resident Certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate of Bonafide resident issued by a competent authority (if applicable)
- Caste certificate issued by the authority (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (for SC/ BC Category Candidates)
- Printout of the Online Application Form
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- ID Proof such as Aadhaar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Driving License/ Passport/ Ration Card or any Government Proof.
- Four Passport Size Photographs.
Candidates must carry all the original documents. The documents must be self-attested. If the candidate fails to bring any of the above-mentioned documents then he/ she shall not be eligible for seat allotment.
Pondicherry MBBS 2021 Participating Colleges
The colleges that are participating in the Puducherry MBBS Admission 2021 is as follows-
|Name of the College||Number of Seats|
|Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry||105|
|Rajiv Gandhi Ayurveda Medical College, Mahe||042|
|Mahatma Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry||029|
|Aarupadai Veedu Medical College & Hospital, Puducherry||100|
|Mahatma Gandhi Medical College& Research Institute, Puducherry||250|
|Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Puducherry||55|
|Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Puducherry||150|
|Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital, Puducherry||55|
|Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry||55|
|Vinayaka Mission‟s Medical College & Hospital, Karaikal||100|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry||150|
|Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Mahe||50|
|Sri Venkateshwara Dental College, Puducherry||50|