NEET Result 2020 will be available online on the official website of the National Testing Agency. The National Testing Agency is the conducting body of the NEET Exam. The NEET 2020 Result will be in the form of a Score Card. The Result will be declared in August 2020. As the entrance exam is now scheduled for 26th July 2020. Candidates can check their results by submitting their NEET Roll Number and Password. The NEET MBBS Result will be published online only. The Result comprises the name of the candidates, date of birth, subject-wise marks, All India Rank (AIR), and Category Rank. Along with the result, the cut-off percentile is also declared online. Based on the cut-off marks and NEET 2020 Exam Result, candidates will be selected for the further stages of the Selection Round.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
NEET Result 2020 Dates
|The Release of the Application Form||2nd December 2020 to 06 January 2020|
|NEET 2020 Exam Date||26th July 2020|
|The release of Answer key||– To Be Announced –|
|Challenging the Answer key||– To Be Announced –|
|Declaration of the Results||– To Be Announced –|
|Commencement of Counselling||– To Be Announced –|
The dates that are mentioned above are official. If there will be any further changes in the dates, then we will update it here. Note that the dates will be revised due to the COVID-19. The exam has been postponed. Further, changes in the schedule will be updated here.
How to Check NEET Result 2020?
The NEET 2020 Exam Result will be available online on the official website of NTA. Candidates who have appeared the Exam will be able to check the result once it is declared. The step by step procedure to check the result is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of NTA
- On the Notification, Section click on the NEET Result 2020 Link
- Once you click on the link, you will be redirected to a new page
- Now enter the Login credentials, NEET Roll Number and Password (Date of Birth)
- The result consisting of the scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and printout of the result.
- Keep the Printout safe until the completion of the examination.
Details Printed on NEET 2020 Result
The Details printed on NEET MBBS Result is as follows-
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number of the Candidate
- Application Number
- Marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Zoology and Botany)
- Percentile Score
- NEET All India Rank
- Personal Candidate’s details – (Name of the candidate, father’s name, mother’s name, gender, date of birth, nationality, category, and sub-category, etc.)
- NEET Qualifying Status
- Total Marks Obtained
- NEET Cutoff Scores
- NEET AIR Rank for 15% AIR Quota
If there is any mismatch of information, then the candidates must immediately contact the Exam Conducting Authority before the counselling of the result.
Availability of NEET 2020 Result
The NEET Result 2020 will be available in the month of June 2020. Therefore the candidates can download their result before the specified duration. Candidates cannot be able to download the result after that. You can download the result by submitting your Roll Number and Date of Birth.
Calculation procedure of NEET Result 2020
The NEET 2020 Result includes the candidate’s scores in NEET 2020. Before the declaration of the result, the NEET 2020 Answer Key will be released on the screen.
- Total Number of Questions- 180 Questions
- The Physics and Chemistry Section includes 45 Questions and the Biology Section includes 90 Questions.
- The Total Marks of NEET 2020 is 720 Marks
- For each correct answer, 4 marks are added and for every wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted.
The formula to Calculate NEET 2020 Score?
The NEET 2020 Scores is calculated using the following formulae-
NEET Scores = (Number of Correct Answers X 4) – (Number of Incorrect Response X 1)
Tiebreaker Criteria of NEET Result 2020
If two or a number of candidates score the same number of marks, then tie-breaker criteria are used.
- If more than two candidates score the same number of marks, then the candidate with more marks in Biology will be given higher merit.
- After that, if the tie still exists, then the candidates with more marks in Chemistry will get a higher rank.
- If after that, the tie still exists, then the candidates with fewer wrong answers are given the higher rank.
- In the end, if the tie still persists, then the candidate with older age is given a higher rank in the NEET 2020 Merit List.
NEET Cutoff 2020
The Cutoff is the minimum marks that are set by the National Testing Agency. On the basis of the cutoff marks, candidates will be selected for the counselling round. Candidates are required to score the minimum qualifying marks in order to get selected for the further selection rounds.
The Qualifying NEET Cutoff marks are different as per the category. On the basis of the cutoff marks, candidates will be eligible for the counseling round.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile|
|OBC/SC/ST/PWD Reserved Category Candidate||40%|
|PWD – General Category||45%|
Calculation Procedure of NEET 2020 Percentile
The Percentile of NEET 2020 is the minimum qualified marks that are scored by the candidates to appear in the counseling round. The Exam Conducting Authority has been set by the National Testing Agency.
The Formula of NEET 2020 Percentile is as follows-
100X Number of Candidates appeared with the raw score equal or less than the candidate/ By the Number of the candidates
|Category||Qualifying Mark Range||Number of Qualified Candidates|
Courses Offered Under NEET 2020
NEET is known as the biggest entrance competitive examination. Through NEET Entrance Examination, candidates can get admissions in various MBBS and BDS Colleges.
MBBS and BDS Colleges
Through NEET 2020, candidates will be able to get admission in various Medical and Dental Colleges, and Private colleges, central universities, deemed universities across India. AIIMS and JIPMER conduct a separate exam.
Through NEET 2020, candidates will also get admission to various AYUSH Courses offered across India. These AYUSH Courses include Ayurveda (BAMS), Yoga, and Naturopathy (BNYS), Unani, and Homeopathy.
B.VSc and AH Courses
15% All India Quota Seats are available under the Veterinary Colleges offering B.VSc and AH Courses (excluding Jammu and Kashmir).
What are the Admission Criteria for NEET 2020?
On the basis of NEET 2020 Result, the eligible candidates will get seats in various Government, Private, Deemed, and Central Colleges under the following quotas-
15% All India Quota
This includes all the Government Colleges (except for the Jammu and Kashmir), 15% of the total number of the seats are available under All India Quota. The Directorate General of Health Services is the conducting body of All India Quota Seat Counselling.
85% State Quota Seats
85% of State Quota Seats include Government and Private Medical and Dental Colleges. They have separate Reservation Counselling Committee and only the domiciled candidates of that particular state will be eligible to apply under 85% State Quota Seats.
Central Institutes/ Universities/ Deemed Universities
Through NEET Result 2020, candidates will also get admission to various Central Institutes, Universities, Deemed Universities. The Medical Counselling Committee is responsible for the Counselling Procedure under these Universities.
State Management/ NRI Quota Seats
The Scores mentioned in NEET UG Result 2020, will also be eligible to get admissions in State Management/NRI Quota Seats. These seats are offered by various Private Medical and Dental Colleges across India.
Central Pool Quota Seats
Through NEET Result 2020, candidates will get admission to Central Pool Quota Seats. The Medical Counselling Committee is responsible for conducting the counseling round.
What to Do After NEET Result 2020 Declaration?
After the declaration of the NEET 2020 Result, the counselling round will take place. The Counselling Round will take place online on the official website of NTA. Therefore, to participate in the counseling round, candidates have to register themselves. The Applicants must note that the NEET Counselling Link will be available for a limited period of time. Therefore, candidates must register before the closing date.
The Applicants have to submit their choices of colleges and courses in the Counselling Round.
NEET Rank Letter 2020
The NEET Rank Letter will be available soon after the declaration of NEET MBBS Result. Candidates who have appeared the exam will be provided with a Rank Letter. The Conducting Body, Medical Counselling Committee will conduct counseling on the basis of the AIR Rank. Candidates with a higher percentile will get a higher rank. The Rank Letter of NEET 2020 will be available online on the official website.
Highlights of NEET Result 2020
- The NEET 2020 Result will be available online on the official website of NTA.
- Separate State Merit List is also available.
- Candidates who qualify the NEET 2020, will be eligible to attend the NEET Counselling Round.
- Applicants who do not qualify the exam are not eligible to attend the NEET Counselling.
- Candidates can check the result by providing their NEET Roll Number and Password.
- The Result will be available along with the cut-off percentile.
- On the basis of the NEET MBBS Result, 15% Seats are available in the All India Category and 85% seats are reserved for State Quota Category.
So, candidates if you have any queries regarding the NEET 2020 Entrance Test, then please comment on the section below.