Punjab MBBS Admission 2020 will start soon. Baba Farid University of Health Sciences is the main conducting body for the Admission procedure. However, the admission will take place on the basis of the NEET 2020 Scores. The admission process comprises of Application Form Submission followed by Merit List and Counselling. Candidates should have an idea about the admission activities schedule. As the form will be available for a limited period of time. Also, candidates must note that to participate in the Punjab NEET Admission, candidates have to qualify NEET 2020. In this article, we have provided complete details, regarding the Punjab MBBS Admission 2020.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Punjab MBBS Admission 2020
The Application Form will be available on the official website. Candidates can check the details over here. Apart from that, we also advise the candidates to check the official website as well for the latest updates and notifications. Moreover, the authorities haven’t announced the official dates yet. However, the tentative dates are provided in the table below.
|The Release of the Official Notification||Second Week of August 2020|
|Starting Date of the Online Application Form||Third Week of August 2020|
|Last Date of the Application Form||Fourth Week of August 2020|
|Last Date of Making the Payment of Fees||Fourth Week of August 2020|
|Document Verification||Fourth Week of August 2020|
|For NRI Candidates|
|Last Date for Submitting the Online Form (The Application Form is available separately for the NRI Candidates)||First Week of August 2020|
|Online Counseling Schedule (Round I)|
|Online Filling and Submission of the Counselling Form||First Week of August/ September 2020|
|Declaration of the First Round Counselling Result||Second Week of August/ September 2020|
|Date of Joining the Allotted College and Payment of Fees in any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce||Third Week of August/ September 2020|
|Round II Counselling Schedule|
|Online Filling and Submission of the Counselling Form||–|
|Declaration of the Second Round Counselling Result||–|
|Date of Joining the Allotted College and Payment of Fees in any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce||–|
|Mop Up Round Counselling Schedule|
|Online Filling and Submission of the Counselling Form||To be updated soon|
Punjab MBBS Admission 2020
Punjab MBBS Admission Procedure will be conducted purely on the basis of the NEET-UG Score and Rank. The Admission of Punjab MBBS 2020 will start soon after the completion of the NEET 2020. To participate in the Punjab MBBS Admission, candidates have to satisfy certain eligibility criteria. The following are the stages that cove up Punjab 2020 MBBS and BDS Admission.
- Online Application Form
- Document Verification Round
- Counselling Round
- Seat Allotment List
- Reporting Allotted College
Before Heading to know more about the Application Form, it is necessary to know about the eligibility criteria. If you do not satisfy the eligibility criteria then you are not eligible to participate in the Process of Punjab MBBS Admission 2020 Criteria.
Punjab MBBS Admission 2020 Criteria
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- The Applicants must be at least 17 years of age as on 31st December 2020.
- The Candidate must have born on or after 7th May 1993.
- Candidates must be bonafide candidates of Punjab. This clause excludes the following category of the candidate-
- Candidates who are wards of late employees of Punjab Government/ Central Government/ All India Services.
- Applicants who are wards of late employees of military/ex-military/para-military forces and born in the territory of Punjab.
- Candidates of wards of Defence Personnel posted in Punjab.
- Applicants applying under the minority and NRI Quota are also eligible for Punjab MBBS Admission 2020.
- The Applicant must have passed Class 12th with subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-Technology, and English individually.
- Candidates must score a minimum aggregate of 50% (General/Unreserved Category), 45% (PWD Unreserved Category), 40% (PWD and Reserved Category) in each subject mentioned above.
- Candidates must have qualified NEET 2020 Examination with minimum qualified marks.
Minimum Qualified Marks for Punjab MBBS Admission 2020
|Category||Minimum Required Percentile||Minimum Required Marks|
|General Category (UR)||50th Percentile||119 Marks|
|ST/SC/OBC (Including PH of Reserved Category)||40th Percentile||96 Marks|
|UR PH||45th Percentile||107 Marks|
Punjab MBBS Admission Form 2020
Punjab MBBS Application Form 2020 will be released in June 2020. The Application Form will be available online on the official website of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS). The Last Date to fill and submit the application form is different for NRI Candidates. To fill in the application form, candidates have to satisfy the eligibility criteria.
How to fill Punjab NEET MBBS Application Form 2020?
The step by step process to fill Punjab MBBS Application Form 2020 is as follows
- Visit the Official Website of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences.
- Click on the Application Link that will be available online on the Homepage of the website.
- Start with the Registration Process. In the Registration Process, you have to provide your basic personal details such as Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc.
- Candidates must make sure that they provide a valid mobile number and e-mail ID.
- After submitting all the details, candidates will receive a Registration ID and Password on their Registered Mobile Number and E-mail ID.
Step-2 Filling Academic Details
- After you receive your Registration ID and Password, log in using the credentials and fill in the academic details such as your educational details, address, marks, and percentages.
- Make sure that you fill the correct details in the application form. This is because these details will be checked at the time of Document Verification.
Step -3 Upload Photograph and Signature
- After entering the academic details, click on save and next option.
- Upload your Photograph and Signature as per the specifications mentioned.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned recent passport size photograph.
- The file size of the photograph and the signature should not be more than 25 Kb.
- Candidates must upload certain documents as well that are mentioned.
- All the candidates are also required to upload a duly attested compulsory affidavit while filling the application form.
Step-4 Payment of Application Fees
- Recheck all the details and click on the Application Fees Payment option.
- An application fee of Rs 5000 (for General Category) and Rs 2500 for Reserved Category has to be paid in any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce/ SBI Bank through challan form which is generated after successful submission of the application form.
Step-5 Printout of the Application Form
- Now Download and take the printout of the application form.
- We advise you to take 2 to 3 printouts of the application form for future reference.
Punjab NEET Application Form Fees
The Application Fees/Registration Fees is the amount that has to be paid at the time of filling the application form. The fees are Non-Refundable and are different for the Unreserved and Reserved Category. No Application Form will be accepted without making the payment of the application fees.
Hence, the cost of the Punjab NEET Admission Fees is as follows-
- For Unreserved Category – Rs 5000/-
- and for Reserved Category – Rs 2500/-
Punjab NEET MBBS Admission 2020 Counselling Round
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Punjab conducts the counselling round after going through the Application Forms sent by the candidates. The Counselling will be conducted in two rounds. The First Counselling will be held in July 2020 and the Second Round of Counseling will be conducted in August 2020. The Counseling Round is conducted offline. Based on the NEET 2020 UG Merit List, candidates will be called for Punjab MBBS Counselling Round. In the Counselling Round, candidates will be allowed to select/choose the participating institutes in Punjab MBBS Admission. Candidates are required to lock their choices before the last date of the final submission of the choices and get locked immediately.
Punjab MBBS/BDS Document Verification
The Document Verification Round of Punjab MBBS 2020 is conducted offline. The Verification Process will be conducted in August 2020. The Document Verification Round is the last stage of the admission procedure. Candidates have to report the Allotted College/Institute for Admission.
The List of the documents that are asked in the Punjab MBBS Document Verification Round is as follows-
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- A Copy of Punjab MBBS Application Form 2020
- NEET 2020 Rank/Score Card
- Class 10th Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Passing Certificate
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- Eight Colored Copies of Recent Passport Size Photograph. The Photograph should be similar to the one you have uploaded at the time of filling the application form.
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution Last Attended/Gazetted Officer.
Punjab MBBS Merit List 2020
The University will release the Punjab MBBS Merit List online. It will be released on the official website of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS). The merit list will further be released separately for each counselling round. A separate round will be released for NRI Candidates. Candidates whose name is in the Merit List will be called out for the Counselling Round. The Merit List will consist of the name of the candidate in decreasing order.
Punjab MBBS Seat Reservation 2020
The Seat Reservation in Punjab MBBS Admission 2020 varies from category to category. The Government Colleges have 85% Seats reserved under State Quota and 15% Seats Reserved Under All India Quota. The Private College has an equal division of seats for Government and Management/Minority Quota. The Category-wise reservation of seats is as follows-
Punjab MBBS 2020 Seat Reservation
|Backward Area/Border Area||1% each|
|Physically Handicapped/ Orthopedically Handicapped||3%|
|Children/Grandchildren of Terrorist Affected Person||1%|
|Children/Grandchildren of Sikh Riot Affected Person||1%|
|Wards of Defence Personnel||1%|
|Ward of Punjab Police Personnel/ Armed Police/Home Guard/ Para-Military Forces||1%|
|Children/Grandchildren of Punjab Freedom Fighters||1%|
|Migrants from Jammu and Kashmir due to terrorist violence (in Private Institutions)||1%|
|Name of the College||Total Number of Seats|
|Guru Gobind Singh Medical College Sadiq Road, Faridakot||100 Seats|
|Govt. Medical College, Majitha Road Amritsar||200 Seats|
|Govt. Medical College, Sangrur Road Patiala||200 Seats|
|Dayanand Medical College, Civil Lines Ludhiana||100 Seats|
|Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Amritsar||150 Seats|
|Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences, Garha Road Jalandhar||150 Seats|
|Christian Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana||75 Seats|
Punjab Dental Colleges
|Name of the College||Total Number of Seats|
|Government Dental College, Amritsar||40 Seats|
|Govt. Medical College, Sangrur Road Patiala||40 Seats|
|Dasmesh Institute of Research and Dental Sciences, Talwandi Road Faridkot||100 Seats|
|Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Dental Sciences and Research G.T Road, Amritsar||60 Seats|
|Baba Jaswant Singh Dental College Hospital and Research Institute, Patiala Bathinda Road||100 Seats|
|National Dental College, Tehsil Dera Bassi, Patiala||100 Seats|
|Luxmi Bai Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, Ferozepur||100 Seats|
|Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha Dental College, VPO Sarabha, Ludhiana||50 Seats|
|Rayat – Bahra Dental College, VPO Saharaun, Mohali||100 Seats|
|Sri. Sukhmani Dental College and Hospital, Derabassi, Mohali||100 Seats|
|Christian Dental College, Ludhiana||40 Seats|
The Application Forms will be available online on the official website of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences. The Complete Admission Procedure of Punjab MBBS will be held online except for the counseling and document verification round. Candidates are advised to check the official website to get the latest updates and notifications.