Punjab MBBS Admission 2021 Choice filling Started. Baba Farid University of Health Sciences is the main conducting body for the Admission procedure. However, the admission takes place on the basis of the NEET 2021 Scores. The admission process comprises of Application Form Submission followed by Merit List and Counselling. Candidates should have an idea about the admission activities schedule. As the form is released for a limited period of time. BFUHS further carries out the admission process for the seats reserved under the 85% state quota. In this article, we have provided complete details, regarding the Punjab MBBS Admission 2021.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Punjab MBBS Admission 2021
As BFUHS conducts the state quota seats admission process, so they also verify whether the applicant is a domicile of Punjab state or not. Candidates are thus advised to check the eligibility criteria before filling the Punjab NEET Admission Form. The university further carries out admission rounds strictly as per the schedule, which is released with the information brochure after the conclusion of the NEET Exam.
|Application Form date||18th November 2021|
|last date of Application date||28th November 2021|
|Last date for Punjab MBBS application form fee payment||28th November 2021|
|Document verification||1st December 2021|
|Publication of provisional Punjab MBBS/BDS merit list 2021||3rd December 2021|
|Choice filling for Punjab MBBS/BDS admission||19th to 24th January 2022|
|First Seat Allotment result||31st January 2022|
|Reporting to the allotted institute||7th February 2022|
|Registration for round 2 of Punjab MBBS 2021 admission||To be announced|
|Display of merit list||To be announced|
|Choice filling for Punjab MBBS/BDS admission||To be announced|
|Second Round of Seat Allotment Result||To be announced|
|Reporting to the allotted institute||To be announced|
Punjab MBBS Admission 2021
Punjab MBBS Admission Procedure is conducted purely on the basis of the NEET-UG Score and Rank. There is no other provision for granting admission. To participate in the Punjab MBBS Admission, candidates are advised to be well acquainted with the admission procedure. Further, the following are the stages that cove up Punjab 2021 MBBS and BDS Admission.
- Online Application Form
- Document Verification Round
- Counselling Round
- Seat Allotment List
- Reporting Allotted College
Before Heading to know more about the Application Form, it is necessary to know about the eligibility criteria. If you do not satisfy the eligibility criteria then you are not eligible to participate in the Process of Punjab MBBS Admission 2021 Criteria.
Punjab MBBS Admission 2021 Criteria
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- The Applicants must be at least 17 years of age as of 31st December of the admission year.
- The Candidate must have born on or after 7th May 1993.
- Candidates must be bonafide candidates of Punjab. This clause excludes the following category of the candidate-
- Candidates who are wards of late employees of Punjab Government/ Central Government/ All India Services.
- Applicants who are wards of late employees of military/ ex-military/ para-military forces and born in the territory of Punjab.
- Candidates of wards of Defence Personnel posted in Punjab.
- Applicants applying under the minority and NRI Quota are also eligible for Punjab MBBS Admission 2021.
- The Applicant must have passed Class 12th with subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-Technology, and English individually.
- Candidates must score a minimum aggregate of 50% (General/ Unreserved Category), 45% (PWD Unreserved Category), 40% (PWD and Reserved Category) in each subject mentioned above.
- Candidates must have a qualified NEET 2021 Examination with minimum qualified marks.
Minimum Qualified Marks for Punjab MBBS Admission 2021
|Category||Minimum Required Percentile||Minimum Required Marks|
|General Category (UR)||50th Percentile||119 Marks|
|ST/ SC/ OBC (Including PH of Reserved Category)||40th Percentile||96 Marks|
|UR PH||45th Percentile||107 Marks|
Punjab MBBS Admission Form 2021
Punjab MBBS Application Form 2021 is released on the official website of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS). The Last Date to fill and submit the application form is different for NRI Candidates. To fill in the application form, candidates have to satisfy the eligibility criteria. Moreover, candidates should provide the details in the form as per their official documents. Furthermore, the complete guide to fill and submit the online form is provided in the next section.
How to fill Punjab NEET MBBS Application Form 2021?
The step by step process to fill Punjab MBBS Application Form 2021 is as follows
- Visit the Official Website of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences. – bfuhs.ac.in
- Click on the Application Link available online on the Homepage of the website.
- Start with the Registration Process. In the Registration Process, you have to provide your basic personal details such as Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc.
- Candidates must make sure that they provide a valid mobile number and e-mail ID.
- After submitting all the details, candidates shall receive a Registration ID and Password on their Registered Mobile Number and E-mail ID.
Step-2 Filling Academic Details
- After you receive your Registration ID and Password, log in using the credentials and fill in the academic details such as your educational details, address, marks, and percentages.
- Make sure that you fill in the correct details in the application form. This is because these details are checked at the time of Document Verification.
Step -3 Upload Photograph and Signature
- After entering the academic details, click on the save and next option.
- Upload your Photograph and Signature as per the specifications mentioned.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned recent passport size photograph.
- The file size of the photograph and the signature should not be more than 25 Kb.
- Candidates must upload certain documents as well that are mentioned.
- All the candidates are also required to upload a duly attested compulsory affidavit while filling the application form.
Step-4 Payment of Application Fees
- Recheck all the details and click on the Application Fees Payment option.
- An application fee of Rs 5000 (for General Category) and Rs 2500 for Reserved Category has to be paid in any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce/ SBI Bank through challan form which is generated after successful submission of the application form.
Step-5 Printout of the Application Form
- Now Download and take the printout of the application form.
- We advise you to take 2 to 3 printouts of the application form for future reference.
Punjab NEET Application Form Fees
The Application Fees/ Registration Fees is the amount that has to be paid at the time of filling the application form. The fees are Non-Refundable and are different for the Unreserved and Reserved Category. No Application Form is accepted without making the payment of the application fees.
|Unreserved Category||INR 5,000|
|Reserved Categories (SC/ ST/ OBC)||INR 2,500|
Punjab NEET MBBS Admission 2021 Counselling Round
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Punjab conducts the counselling round after going through the Application Forms sent by the candidates. The Counselling is conducted in two rounds. Wherein, a mop-up round is conducted if the seats are left vacant. The Counseling Round is conducted offline. Based on the NEET 2021 UG Merit List, candidates are called for Punjab MBBS Counselling Round. In the Counselling Round, candidates are allowed to select/ choose the participating institutes in Punjab MBBS Admission. Candidates are required to lock their choices before the last date of the final submission of the choices and get locked immediately.
Punjab MBBS/ BDS Document Verification
The Document Verification Round of Punjab MBBS 2021 is conducted offline. The Document Verification Round is the last stage of the admission procedure. Candidates have to report to the Allotted College/ Institute for Admission. The List of the documents that are asked in the Punjab MBBS Document Verification Round is as follows-
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- A Copy of Punjab MBBS Application Form 2021
- NEET 2021 Rank/ Score Card
- Class 10th Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Passing Certificate
- NEET 2021 Admit Card
- Eight Colored Copies of Recent Passport Size Photograph. The Photograph should be similar to the one you have uploaded at the time of filling the application form.
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution Last Attended/ Gazetted Officer.
Punjab MBBS Merit List 2021
The University releases the Punjab MBBS Merit List online. It is released on the official website of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS). The rank list is published separately for each round of counselling. Moreover, for NRI Candidates, a separate merit list is released. Candidates whose name is on the Merit List are called out for the Counselling Round. The Merit List consists of the name of the candidate in decreasing order. Hence, the candidates of higher ranks easily get a seat in the desired medical college.
Punjab MBBS Seat Reservation 2021
The Seat Reservation in Punjab MBBS Admission 2021 varies from category to category. The Government Colleges have 85% Seats reserved under State Quota and 15% Seats Reserved Under All India Quota. The Private College has an equal division of seats for Government and Management/ Minority Quota. The Category-wise reservation of seats is as follows-
Punjab MBBS 2021 Seat Reservation
|Backward Area/ Border Area||1% each|
|Physically Handicapped/ Orthopedically Handicapped||3%|
|Children/ Grandchildren of Terrorist Affected Person||1%|
|Children/ Grandchildren of Sikh Riot Affected Person||1%|
|Wards of Defence Personnel||1%|
|Ward of Punjab Police Personnel/ Armed Police/ Home Guard/ Para-Military Forces||1%|
|Children/ Grandchildren of Punjab Freedom Fighters||1%|
|Migrants from Jammu and Kashmir due to terrorist violence (in Private Institutions)||1%|
|Name of the College||Total Number of Seats|
|Guru Gobind Singh Medical College Sadiq Road, Faridkot||100 Seats|
|Govt. Medical College, Majitha Road Amritsar||200 Seats|
|Govt. Medical College, Sangrur Road Patiala||200 Seats|
|Dayanand Medical College, Civil Lines Ludhiana||100 Seats|
|Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Amritsar||150 Seats|
|Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences, Garha Road Jalandhar||150 Seats|
|Christian Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana||75 Seats|
Punjab Dental Colleges
|Name of the College||Total Number of Seats|
|Government Dental College, Amritsar||40 Seats|
|Govt. Medical College, Sangrur Road Patiala||40 Seats|
|Dasmesh Institute of Research and Dental Sciences, Talwandi Road Faridkot||100 Seats|
|Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Dental Sciences and Research G.T Road, Amritsar||60 Seats|
|Baba Jaswant Singh Dental College Hospital and Research Institute, Patiala Bathinda Road||100 Seats|
|National Dental College, Tehsil Dera Bassi, Patiala||100 Seats|
|Luxmi Bai Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, Ferozepur||100 Seats|
|Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha Dental College, VPO Sarabha, Ludhiana||50 Seats|
|Rayat – Bahra Dental College, VPO Saharaun, Mohali||100 Seats|
|Sri. Sukhmani Dental College and Hospital, Derabassi, Mohali||100 Seats|
|Christian Dental College, Ludhiana||40 Seats|
The Application Forms is released online on the official website of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences. The Complete Admission Procedure of Punjab MBBS is held online except for the counseling and document verification round. Candidates are advised to check the official website to get the latest updates and notifications.