Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2021 Counselling registration and choice filling started. Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu carries out the admission process for seats reserved under 85% state quota. The whole admissions procedure majorly includes application form submission, the release of merit list, selection of college preference, counselling, and seat allotment, and admission fee payment. Candidates who are interested in pursuing their medical under graduation from the state of Tamil Nadu have to apply for the Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2021 from the official website of DME, Tamil Nadu. The application form is released on the official website of DME. This article further includes a complete exam schedule, registration procedure, merit list details, counselling and seat allotment details, etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2021
The admission process is carried out on the basis of merit. Wherein, candidates need to ensure that they apply and submit the forms on time. Hence, for that, the aspirants need to be well acquainted with the admission activities schedule. The TN MBBS Admission dates are announced with the release of the information brochure. The brochure consists of all the details of the admission process. Further, candidates can go through the TN MBBS 2020 Information Brochure for reference.
TN MBBS/ BDS Admission – Important Dates
|Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Online Registration||19th December 2021|
|Registration Deadline||7th January 2022|
|The Release of the Merit list||– To be Announced –|
|Round 1 Counselling (From GR 001 to GR 10456)|
|Registration/ Payment||30th January to 1st February 2022|
|Choice Filling & Locking||2nd to 5th February 2022|
|List of Candidates called for Certificate Verification||2nd February 2022|
|Certificate Verification||8th to 10th February 2022|
|First Round result||15th February 2022|
|Downloading the Provisional Allotment Order||16th February 2022|
|Reporting Time||17th to 22nd February 2022|
TN MBBS Admission Procedure Details
- Tamil Nadu 2021 MBBS Admission is taken care of Directorate of Medical Education (DME) Tamil Nadu.
- MBBS and BDS admissions in Tamil Nadu’s governmental and privatized colleges/ institutions are done on the basis of the NEET score secured by candidates.
- There are around 4600 seats offered for both MBBS and BDS programmes in around 40 government and private medical and dental colleges/ institutes/ universities.
- The Directorate of Medical Education (DME) is responsible for the admissions for about 85% of total applicants. The rest 15% is taken care of by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Programmes offered include Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS).
Tamil Nadu MBBS Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who meet the relevant requirements based on the guidelines set forth by the Directorate of Medical Education (DME) can consider filing the application form. Eligibility Criteria are set forth in order to screen out candidates who do not meet certain basic standards. Given below are the general Eligibility guidelines for candidates.
|S. No.||Factor||Eligibility Criteria|
Registration Process of Tamil Nadu NEET Admission 2021
Once the eligibility criterion is met, the next step is to fill the application form and submit them before the registration window closes. Candidates who are interested in applying under the state quota have to fill the Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Application Form. Candidates can make relevant changes before making the final submission. They can simply click on the ‘previous page’ button.
Further, to successfully get registered, candidates are required to download the application form from the official website of the Directorate of Medical Education (DME). After downloading the form, candidates must fill up the relevant information which is being asked. The completed application is to be posted to the selection committee at 162, Periyar EVR High Road. The applications are to be sent along with 3 recent passport size photographs and a post titled ‘Application for MBBS/BDS Course – 2021 Session’. After filling the form, application fee payment is to be made in favor of the following address.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Application Fee
- Candidates have to make the payment of the application form through Demand Draft.
- The application fee is INR 500 for all candidates.
- Note that the forms of candidates who do not submit the fee on time are considered invalid. Therefore, make sure that you submit the form and application fee timely.
Tamil Nadu MBBS 2021 Merit List
The Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List is prepared and released by the Directorate of Medical Education (DME) for admission to undergraduate MBBS/ BDS programmes in the medical colleges/ institutions of the state of Tamil Nadu. Seat allotment is based on the ranks secured by candidates in the Merit List. The merit list of Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission shall be available in online mode in PDF format. However, the Merit list is prepared considering various factors such as the number of candidates that have applied for admission, NEET score, and seat intake. Merit List contains the names of the candidates who are eligible for admission.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling
Candidates who clear the NEET examination and who meet the relevant requirements are considered for the preparation of the Merit List. Candidates considered in the merit list can participate in the Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling process. While applying for the Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2021, candidates have to select their preferences of colleges for pursuing their medical under graduation. Candidates shall be notified regarding the counselling time and venue via mail by the counselling conducting body. Students have to reach on time at the said venue with all the relevant documents.
Candidates have to submit the following documents at the time of Final Admission
- Domicile certificate for state quota in government colleges
- NEET 2021 Result Copy
- NEET 2021 Admit Card
- counselling letter of DME Tamil Nadu MBBS/ BDS Admission 2021
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of Tamil Nadu MBBS 2021 Fee transaction slip and Application form.