Odisha MBBS Admission 2020: The Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) Cell is the main conducting authority for the admission process. However, the admission into Medical and Dental Colleges of Odisha will take place on the basis of the NEET 2020 Scores. Hence, it is mandatory to appear in the NEET Entrance Exam in order to appear to participate in the admission process. The NEET 2020 Exam was successfully conducted on 13th September 2020. Soon after the declaration of the result, the Odisha NEET Admission Process will start. The admission process will comprise of the Application Form filling followed by the release of the Merit List and Counselling. In this article, we have provided complete details about the Odisha MBBS/BDS Admission Process.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- NEET Exam 2020 has been conducted successfully amid COVID-19. Odisha MBBS/ BDS Application Form will be released soon. The interested candidates should check the concerned websites frequently for updates.
Overview of Odisha NEET Admission 2020
|Admission Name||Odisha NEET Admission|
|Counselling Authority||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Cell, Odisha|
|Admission is done on the basis of||NEET 2020 Scores|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Availability of Seats||950 MBBS Seats and 150 BDS Seats|
Odisha MBBS Admission Dates
The Odisha Joint Entrance Exam has not released any official dates yet. However, we have provided the tentative dates below. So, we advise the candidates to check the tentative schedule to get an idea of the admission schedule.
|Release of the application form||– To be Announced –|
|Closing Date of the Registration||– To be Announced –|
|Document Verification||– To be Announced –|
|Publication of the State Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|Online Choice Filling (Round I)||– To be Announced –|
|Seat Allotment for Round I||– To be Announced –|
|Provisional Admission Round I||– To be Announced –|
|Display of Vacant Seats||– To be Announced –|
|Choice Filling for (Round II)||– To be Announced –|
|Seat Allotment for Round II Counselling||– To be Announced –|
|Provisional Admission for Round II||– To be Announced –|
|Withdrawal of the admission process||– To be Announced –|
|Joining the Allotted Institute||– To be Announced –|
Eligibility Criteria for Odisha MBBS Admission 2020
Candidates who are seeking admission in MBBS and BDS will have to satisfy a certain eligibility criterion. The Eligibility Criteria include- Age limit, Educational Qualifications, and, Domicile Criteria.
- The Minimum Age of the candidate must be 17 years as on 31st December 2020
- There is no upper age provision
- Candidates should possess a permanent domicile in Odisha.
- Candidates must have passed 12th(Matriculation) having subjects Chemistry, Physics and English individually.
- Must have scored a minimum of 50% marks (Non-reserved category) and 40% marks for (Reserved Category) in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Odisha MBBS/BDS Admission Criteria
|Odisha MBBS Seat Distribution||Admission Criteria|
|15% All India Quota Seats||MCC is the conducting body for the counselling. (on the basis of the NEET 2020 Scores)|
|85% State Quota Seats||OJEE conducts centralized counselling based on the Odisha MBBS Merit Rank|
|Private Medical and Dental Colleges||Authority will allot seats to the candidates on the basis of the NEET Scores|
|Central and Deemed Universities||Online Seat Allotment Process is done on the basis of NEET Scores, and rank by MCC|
Minimum Qualifying Percentage and Marks for Odisha MBBS Admission 2020
The Minimum Qualifying Percentage of marks is sorted based on Categories. The Minimum Qualifying Percentage of Marks is as follows-
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage||Minimum Qualifying Marks/Scores|
|ST/SC/OBC (including PWD Reserved Candidates)||40%||133-107|
Odisha MBBS Application Form 2020
The Odisha MBBS Application Form will be available online only. Candidates have to provide their correct details. Candidates will have to upload photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned. The students who will not submit the form on time will not be considered for the merit list. Candidates should further fill in the correct details. The complete details of the application process are further provided below.
How to Apply for Odisha MBBS/BDS Registration Form?
The step by step procedure to fill the Application Form of Odisha MBBS Online is as follows-
Stage 1- Registration Process
This is the first stage of the Online Application Form Filling Process.
- Visit the official website of Odisha JEE- wwwodishajee.com
- Click on “New Candidate Registration” Link.
- Click on “I Agree” and proceed.
- Enter the basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-Mail ID, etc.
- Click on Submit.
- You will be allotted with a Registration Number and Password, which is your Login Credentials.
Stage 2 – Fill in Academic Details
- In this stage, candidates have to fill in their Academic Details such as Class 12thMarks, NEET Scores, and Rank.
- Candidates must submit their proper academic details. If a candidate enters the wrong information, then the application form might get rejected.
- The details that have been mentioned in the application form will be verified in the Document Verification Round.
Stage 3 – Upload Photograph and Signature and Make Fee Payment
- Candidates have to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications.
- Once you have uploaded your photograph and signature, make the payment of the application fees.
Stage 4 – Final Submission
- Once you have completed filling all the details, recheck the details and click on the submit button.
- Take the printout of the Application Form and keep it safe for future reference.
Application Fees of Odisha MBBS Application Form
The Application fees for both Reserved and Unreserved Category is Rs 1000/-. Candidates can make the payment of the Application fees both offline and online (Debit/Credit/ Net Banking/ Challan).
Odisha MBBS and BDS Merit List
The Odisha MBBS Merit list pdf will be released online on the official website of OJEE. The Merit List of Odisha MBBS will contain the name of the candidates whose marks qualify the selection criteria of NEET. Candidates whose names appear on the Odisha NEET Rank list will be called out for the counselling procedure. The Merit List of Odisha MBBS Admission will contain the Name of the Candidate, NEET Scores, NEET Rank, State Common Rank, Category, etc.
Odisha MBBS Seat Reservation Criteria
Candidates must note that there is no OBC Category in Odisha State, therefore the candidates who belong to the OBC category will be treated as Unreserved Category. The Minimum Qualifying Percentage of Marks of 50%. Candidates who are claiming reservation under Green Card Holder Category must be permanent natives of Odisha. The Odisha MBBS Reservation Category Policy is as follows-
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||8%|
|Physically Challenged (PC)||5%|
Documents Required at the Time of Document Verification
Following are the documents that are required at the time of Document verification of Odisha NEET MBBS Admission
- Secondary School Certificate and Mark Sheet
- Class 12thPass Certificate and Mark Sheet
- College/School Leaving Certificate
- Domicile Certificate of Odisha
- NEET Admit Card
- Birth Certificate of the Candidate
- Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate (Qualifying Exam)
- Category Certificate (optional)
- Migration Certificate (from the last institution)
- Six recent passport size photographs.
Odisha MBBS Counselling
The Counselling for Odisha MBBS Admission will take place based on the NEET Scores and Rank. For appearing the Counselling round, candidates have to register themselves first. It is expected that the counseling will take place in the month of July/August 2020. Candidates will have to pay Rs 1000 / Rs 500 (SC/ST/PWD) as a Counselling Fees. The payments can be done through offline and online.
Top Medical Colleges in Odisha
Some of the top Medical and Dental Colleges of Odisha are as follows-
- Sri Ram Chandra Bhanj Medical College and Hospital – Cuttack
- Maharaja Krishna Chandra Gajapati Medical College and Hospital – Berhampur
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences – Bhubaneswar
- Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences – Bhubaneswar
- Bhava Institute of Medical Sciences and Research – Bhubaneswar
- AIIMS – Bhubaneswar
- Sri Ram Chandra Bhanj Medical College and Hospital – Cuttack
- Institute of Dental Sciences – Bhubaneswar
- Kalinga Institute of Dental Sciences- Bhubaneswar
- Gandhi Dental College – Bhubaneswar
- Hi-Tech Dental College and Hospital- Bhubaneswar
Thus, the Odisha MBBS/ BDS Admission 2020 will be conducted purely based on the NEET Scores and Rank. Candidates will have to appear NEET Exam in order to get selected in the Government and Other Private Colleges of Odisha.