Bihar MBBS/BDS Admission 2021 choice filling started. The Bihar Combined Entrance Exam Board carries out the undergraduate medical courses admission process in Bihar. Candidates who are interested to get admission to the Medical and Dental Colleges of Bihar have to register themselves. In addition, the state examination board releases the form after the NEET Exam conclusion only. The admissions do not include any Entrance Examination. Hence, candidates get admission on the basis of the NEET Scores. Only the students who score the minimum qualifying marks in NEET are eligible for admission. For more information on the Bihar MBBS/ BDS Admission 2021, application process, seat allotment, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Bihar MBBS/BDS Admission 2021
The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board releases the dates on its official website (www.bceceboard.bihar.gov.in). It is important for an applicant to be well acquainted with the admission activities schedule. As then, no important event is missed. With the help of these dates, you can get a rough idea regarding the registration form, and other processes. The complete schedule is further provided below. If the dates are revised, then those shall be updated in the table below as well.
|Application Form release date||16th January 2022|
|last date of Application Form||22th January 2022 (10:00 PM)|
|Last date for Application Fee||22th January 2022 (11:59 PM)|
|Merit list||24th January 2022|
|Seat matrix and public rule posting on website||24th January 2022|
|Online Registration of choice Filling||26th January 2022|
|Last date for online registration of choice filling||29th January 2022|
|1st round of counselling result||1st February 2022|
|Download of allotment letter||1st to 5th February 2022|
|Document verification and admission||2nd to 5th February 2022|
|Second round of counselling result||10th February 2022|
|Download of allotment letter||10th to 13th February 2022|
|Document verification and admission||11th to 13th February 2022|
Bihar NEET Admission Eligibility Criteria
Clearing the Eligibility Criteria is essential to be able to apply for the Bihar MBBS and BDS Admission. Candidates who meet the relevant requirements based on the guidelines set forth by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) can consider filing the application form. Eligibility Criterion is set forth in order to screen out candidates who do not meet a certain basic standard. Given below are the general Eligibility guidelines for candidates.
|S. No.||Factor||Eligibility Criteria|
Bihar MBBS 2021 Registration
Once the eligibility criterion is met, the next step would be to fill the application forms and submit them before the registration window closes. Candidates who are interested in applying for admission under the state quota have to fill the Bihar MBBS/ BDS Application Form. However, the form is made available for a limited period of time, hence it is important that you submit it before the due date.
To successfully get registered, tail the following steps.
- Go to the official website of the BCECEB – www.bceceboard.bihar.gov.in
- Locate the link that leads to the new application submission.
- Generate a UGMAC ID by entering in a valid Email ID and phone number
- Fill in the application form; candidates have to enter in personal and academic details
- Candidates, at this point, are required to upload their scanned documents
- Pay the application fee either by Bank Challan or via Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
- After the final submission, candidates can take a print of the application form.
- Application Fee for Bihar MBBS admission is INR 1200 for the Unreserved and OBC categories and INR 600 for the SC/ ST candidates.
- The amount is to be deposited at the Bank with a pay-in-slip or e-challan. E-challan is generated once the candidates submit their application forms.
- Candidates can also pay their application fee online via Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
Bihar MBBS/ BDS Application Correction
It is to be noted that once the applications are submitted, candidates shall not be able to revert any errors and correct them. Therefore, applicants are advised to evoke caution in filling up of application form. However, candidates can make relevant changes before making the final submission. They can simply click on the ‘previous page’ button. Hence, the form must be checked thoroughly before the final submission as it cannot be edited after that.
Bihar MBBS Seat Distribution & Admission Criteria
The admission criteria for different quota seats vary considering the percentage of seats available in the categories. It is defined by the Bihar Board of Medical Science. Further, the seats reserved under each category and the admission process for the same are defined below.
Bihar MBBS Seats Distribution
15% All India Quota seats
MCC (Medical Counseling Committee) conduct online counselling for admission to MBBS and BDS colleges based on NEET scores
85% State Quota seats
Based on the state merit rank derived from NEET-UG 2021, BCECEB organizes counselling.
Private medical and dental colleges
The State medical committee conduct counselling for admission to MBBS and BDS colleges in Bihar based on state rank.
Central and deemed universities
Centralized counselling is conducted based on the NEET rank secured by MCC.
Bihar NEET MBBS Merit List
The Bihar MBBS Merit List is prepared and released by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) for admission to undergraduate MBBS/ BDS programmes in the medical colleges/ institutions of the state of Bihar. Seat allotment is based on the ranks secured by candidates in the Merit List. In the BCECEB MBBS and BDS Merit List, candidates are ranked in order of merit as per their scores in the NEET exam. Merit List contains the names of the candidates who are eligible for admission. A rank-wise list of the candidate is released before every session of counseling until the seats are filled completely.
Bihar MBBS Counselling 2021
Candidates who clear the NEET examination and who meet the relevant requirements are considered for the BCECB NEET Counselling. Candidates considered in the merit list are eligible to participate in the Bihar MBBS Counseling process. Bihar MBBS 2021 Counselling is conducted for document verification and seat allotment. While applying for the BCECEB NEET MBBS Admission 2021, candidates have to select their preferences of colleges for pursuing their medical under graduation. Candidates are notified regarding the counseling time and venue via mail by the counseling conducting body. Students have to reach on time at the said venue with all the relevant documents.
The list of documents that is to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Domicile certificate
- NEET Result Copy
- NEET Admit Card
- Counselling letter of Bihar MBBS/ BDS Admission
- Class XII mark sheet and passing Certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing Certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 Admit Card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter Card/ Aadhar Card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of Bihar MBBS Fee transaction slip and Bihar 2021 MBBS Application form.
The allotment of seats is solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counseling conducting body. However, there are reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Last year the following percentage of seats were allotted under reservation status.
|Category||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|General Category or Unreserved||50%|
|Extremely Backward Class||18%|
|Other Backward Class||12%|
|Reserved Category Girls||3%|
List of Bihar MBBS/ BDS Participating Colleges
The list of Medical Colleges in the state of Bihar that offers admission through NEET is mentioned below. As per the merit rank, candidates get admission to the participating colleges.
Government Colleges offering Bihar MBBS Admission
|1||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Bhagalpur|
|2||Nalanda Medical College, Patna|
|3||Government Medical College, Bettiah|
|4||Vardhman Institute of Medical Sciences, Pawapuri/Nalanda|
|5||Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna|
|6||Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College, Gaya|
|7||Sri Krishna Medical College, Muzzafarpur|
|8||Patna Medical College|
|9||Darbhanga Medical College, Laheriasarai|
Private Colleges offering Bihar MBBS Admission 2021
|1||Mata Gujri Memorial Medical College|
|2||Lord Buddha Koshi Medical College and Hospital|
|3||Narayan Medical College and Hospital|
|4||Kathihar Medical College|
Government Colleges offering Bihar BDS Admission 2021
|1||Patna Dental College|
Private Colleges offering Bihar BDS Admission
|1||Buddha Institute of Dental Science and Hospital|
|2||Mithila Minority Dental College and Hospital|
|3||Sarjug Dental College and Hospital|
|4||BR Ambedkar Institute of Dental Science and Hospital|
Bihar MBBS Admission – Highlights
- Bihar 2021 MBBS Admission procedure is carried out by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) Patna, Bihar.
- On the basis of the NEET 2021 Scores, candidates get admission to Private and Government Colleges for MBBS and BDS Courses.
- There are around 1300 seats offered for both MBBS and BDS programmes in around 18 government and private medical and dental colleges/ institutes/ universities.
- Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) Patna is conducting admission recruitment for about 85% of the total applicants. The rest 15% is done by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC).
- Programmes offered include Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS).