Bihar MBBS/BDS Admission 2020: The Round-1 & 2 Opening and Closing Rank List has been published category-wise, check rank list pdf below. The NEET 2020 Exam was conducted successfully on 13th September 2020. The Bihar Combined Entrance Exam Board is responsible for conducting the admission. Candidates who are interested to get admission to the Medical and Dental Colleges of Bihar have to register themselves. The admissions do not include any Entrance Examination. Hence, candidates get admission on the basis of the NEET Scores. In this article, we have provided complete details about the Bihar MBBS/BDS Admission 2020.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- The BCECE has released the Combined college-wise rank list for the first and second round of USMAC 2020. Candidates can check for their names in the list. – Check Combined Rank List
- The Bihar MBBS/ BDS 2020 Merit List has been published by the authorities. Only the merit list students are further eligible for admission. The rounds of counselling will be conducted as per the seat matrix. – Check Bihar MBBS Seat Matrix
- Bihar MBBS Admission Process has started as the Application Form was released via online mode. The last date to submit the application form is over. In addition, the merit list will be published soon.
- The Information Brochure has been released in pdf format. It contains all the details about the admission procedure. – Check Bihar MBBS Brochure
Bihar MBBS/BDS Admission 2020
The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board releases the dates on its website. However, we have provided the dates of the complete admission process. With the help of these dates, you can get a rough idea regarding the registration form, and other processes. If there will be any change in the admission process, we will update it here.
|Merit List for Bihar MBBS/BDS Admission||17th November 2020|
|Seat Matrix and Business Rule Posting on the website||28th November 2020|
|Starting Date of the Online Registration for Seat Allotment and Choice Filling||29th November 2020|
|Last Date of Online Registration, Seat Allotment, Choice Locking||01st December 2020|
|Final Provisional Seat Allotment Result||04th December 2020|
|Second Round of Counselling||14th December 2020|
|Document Verification Process Schedule|
|Document Verification for the First Round Counselling – for all the candidates allotted in Govt. Colleges||05th to 09th December 2020|
Candidates must note that these dates are tentative. Therefore, we advise the candidates to check the website frequently to get the latest updates and notifications.
Bihar NEET Admission – Eligibility Criteria
Clearing the Eligibility Criteria is essential to be able to apply for the Bihar MBBS and BDS Admission. Candidates who meet the relevant requirements based on the guidelines set forth by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) can consider filing the application form. Eligibility Criterion is set forth in order to screen out candidates who do not meet a certain basic standard. Given below are the general Eligibility guidelines for candidates.
|S. No.||Factor||Eligibility Criteria|
Bihar MBBS 2020 Registration
Once the eligibility criterion is met, the next step would be to fill the application forms and submit them before the registration window closes. Candidates who are interested in applying for admission under the state quota will have to fill the Bihar MBBS/BDS Application Form. However, the form will be available for a limited period of time, hence it is important that you submit it before the due date.
To successfully get registered, tail the following steps.
- Go to the official website of Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB)
- Locate the link that leads to the new application submission.
- Generate a UGMAC ID by entering in a valid Email ID and phone number
- Fill in the application form; candidates will have to enter in personal and academic details
- Candidates, at this point, are required to upload their scanned documents
- Pay the application fee either by Bank Challan or via Debit Card/Credit Card/ Net Banking.
- After the final submission, candidates can take a print of the application form.
Application Fee for Bihar MBBS admission will be INR 1200 for the Unreserved and OBC categories and INR 600 for the SC/ST candidates. The amount is to be deposited at the Bank with a pay-in-slip or e-challan. E-challan will be generated once the candidates will submit their application forms. Candidates can also pay their application fee online via Debit Card/Credit Card/ Net Banking.
Bihar MBBS/BDS Application Correction
It is to be noted that once the applications are submitted, candidates will not be able to revert any errors and correct them. Therefore, applicants are advised to evoke caution in filling up of application form. However, candidates can make relevant changes before making the final submission. They can simply click on the ‘previous page’ button.
Bihar MBBS Seat Distribution & Admission Criteria
The admission criteria for different quota seats vary considering the percentage of seats available in the categories. It is defined by the Bihar Board of Medical Science. Further, the seats reserved under each category and the admission process for the same is defined below.
Bihar MBBS Seats Distribution
15% All India Quota seats
MCC will conduct online counselling for admission to MBBS and BDS colleges based on NEET scores
85% State Quota seats
Based on the state merit rank derived from NEET-UG 2020, BCECEB will organise counselling.
Private medical and dental colleges
The State committee will conduct counselling for admission to MBBS and BDS colleges in Bihar based on state rank.
Central and deemed universities
Centralized counselling will be conducted based on the NEET rank secured by MCC.
Bihar NEET MBBS Merit List
The Bihar MBBS Merit List will be prepared and released by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) for admission to undergraduate MBBS/BDS programmes in the medical colleges/institutions of the state of Bihar. Seat allotment will be based on the ranks secured by candidates in the Merit List. The BCECEB MBBS and BDS Merit List will be released on 28th June 2019. Merit List contains the names of the candidates who are eligible for the admission. A Bihar NEET Rank Wise List of the candidate will be released before every session of counseling until the seats are filled completely.
Bihar MBBS Counselling 2020
Candidates who clear the NEET examination and who meet the relevant requirements will be considered for the BCECB NEET Counselling. Candidates considered in the merit list will be able to participate in the Bihar MBBS Counseling process. Bihar MBBS 2020 Counselling will be conducted from the first week of July 2020. While applying for the BCECEB NEET MBBS Admission 2020, candidates will have to select their preferences of colleges for pursuing their medical under graduation. Candidates will be notified regarding the counseling time and venue via mail by the counseling conducting body. Students will have to reach on time at the said venue with all the relevant documents.
The list of documents that is to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Domicile certificate
- NEET Result Copy
- NEET Admit Card
- Counselling letter of Bihar MBBS/BDS Admission
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of Bihar MBBS Fee transaction slip and Bihar 2020 MBBS Application form.
The allotment of seats will be solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counseling conducting body. However, there will be reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Last year the following percentage of seats were allotted under reservation status.
|Category||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|General Category or Unreserved||50%|
|Extremely Backward Class||18%|
|Other Backward Class||12%|
|Reserved Category Girls||3%|
List of Bihar MBBS/BDS Participating Colleges
Government Colleges offering Bihar MBBS Admission
|1||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Bhagalpur|
|2||Nalanda Medical College, Patna|
|3||Government Medical College, Bettiah|
|4||Vardhman Institute of Medical Sciences, Pawapuri/Nalanda|
|5||Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna|
|6||Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College, Gaya|
|7||Sri Krishna Medical College, Muzzafarpur|
|8||Patna Medical College|
|9||Darbhanga Medical College, Laheriasarai|
Private Colleges offering Bihar MBBS Admission 2020
|1||Mata Gujri Memorial Medical College|
|2||Lord Buddha Koshi Medical College and Hospital|
|3||Narayan Medical College and Hospital|
|4||Kathihar Medical College|
Government Colleges offering Bihar BDS Admission 2020
|1||Patna Dental College|
Private Colleges offering Bihar BDS Admission
|1||Buddha Institute of Dental Science and Hospital|
|2||Mithila Minority Dental College and Hospital|
|3||Sarjug Dental College and Hospital|
|4||BR Ambedkar Institute of Dental Science and Hospital|
Bihar MBBS Admission – Highlights
- Bihar 2020 MBBS Admission will be taken care by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) Patna, Bihar.
- On the basis of the NEET 2020 Scores, candidates will get admission in Private and Government Colleges for MBBS and BDS Courses.
- There will be around 1300 seats offered for both MBBS and BDS programmes in around 18 government and private medical and dental colleges/institutes/universities.
- Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) Patna will be conducting the admission recruitment for about 85% of total applicants. The rest 15% will be taking care of by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC).
- Programmes offered include Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS).