UP MBBS /BDS Admission 2019: Directorate of Medical Education and Training (DMET) Lucknow will be in charge for conducting the counseling and seat allotment for UP MBBS/BDS admissions for the academic session of 2019-20. The admissions will be solely based on NEET score. DMET Lucknow will allocate student resource into various governmental and privatized colleges located in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Candidates who are interested in pursuing their medical graduation programme from the colleges of Uttar Pradesh can apply for the UP MBBS/BDS Admissions from 3rd week of June 2019. DMET Lucknow will be responsible for about 85% of student seat allotment, and the remaining 15% will be controlled by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, viewers will be informed about all the relevant details of UP medical admissions such as UP MBBS/BDS Counseling Schedule, Eligibility Criteria, Registration Procedure, and Merit List for the UP MBBS/BDS Admission 2019.
UP MBBS/BDS 2019 Admissions
- Directorate of Medical Education and Training (DMET) Lucknow will be allocating students into various colleges located in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- DMET Lucknow will be considering the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) score of the students to allot seats as per the latest norm.
- Earlier, Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test (UPCPMT) was conducted for UP medical admissions.
- Programmes offered under NEET include MBBS and BDS.
- There will around 6000 seats for the MBBS and BDS courses in various government and private colleges located in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Important Dates for UP MBBS/BDS 2019
UP MBBS/BDS Admission process will begin, provisionally, from the 3rd week of June 2019. Candidates interested in applying for UP MBBS/BDS Admissions will have to submit their entries within the given time frame. It is usually around 3-4 days of time period. Therefore, candidates are advised to stay tuned and apply as soon as the registration window opens. Given below is the tentative schedule for UP MBBS/BDS 2019 Admissions.
|1||Online Registration||3rd week of June 2019|
|2||Registration Deadline||3rd week of June 2019|
|3||Merit List Release||4th week of June 2019|
|4||Document verification||4th week of June 2019|
|5||First Round of Counseling||1st week of July 2019|
|6||First Seat Allotment Result||1st week of July 2019|
|7||Second Round of Counseling||2nd week of July 2019|
|8||Mop up Round||4th week of July 2019|
|9||Commencement of Classes||August 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for UP MBBS/BDS Admission 2019
Candidates who are interested in pursuing their graduation in the field of medicine at one of the campuses offered through the UP MBBS/BDS Counseling must possess certain qualities and qualifications. The Eligibility Criteria is the basic standard a candidate must possess in order to further into the admission procedure. The following are the guidelines set forth by the UP MBBS/BDS Admission Counseling Committee.
- Nationality – Candidates must be a citizen of India. Other than that, candidate who holds an Overseas Citizen of India Card can also apply.
- Domicile Factor – Candidates seeking admissions for the medical programmes must satisfy the domicile criteria of Uttar Pradesh, i.e. students with either roots in UP, who have spent considerable amount of years in UP and has done the schooling from UP will be considered eligible.
- Age Factor – The minimum age required to apply for UP MBBS/BDS 2019 admissions is 17th The age limit will be 25 years for candidates belonging to General and OBC categories. There will be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST categories, i.e. SC/ST candidates can apply till 30 years of age.
- Qualifying Examination – Qualifying examination will be National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) according to the new notifications released by MHRD and UP state government. Other than that, candidates must have passed 10+2 from State Board of Uttar Pradesh.
- Qualifying Subjects – Candidates who have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology are eligible for seek admission. Other than that, proficiency in English will be considered desirable.
- Qualifying Marks/Percentage – Candidates must have cleared 10+2 examination with a combined aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. There will be relaxation of 5 marks for physically handicapped students, and a relaxation of 10 marks will be given to candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST categories. The qualifying marks from NEET 2019 will be announced and updated eventually.
UP MBBS/BDS 2019 Admission Registration
Candidates who are interested in pursuing the stepping stone of their medical career from the state of Uttar Pradesh will have to apply for the UP MBBS/BDS 2019 Admission. Admissions will be given on the basis of candidate’s eligibility and NEET 2019 performance. Applications are to be submitted online from the official website of counseling conducting body. The complete procedure for application submission is as follows.
- Go to official website of exam conducting body
- Locate the link that will lead to UP MBBS/BDS Admission Registration
- Click on ‘New Application’
- Get registered by providing valid email ID and contact number.
- Enter in personal and academic details.
- Enter in preferences of college and course.
- Upload scanned images of recent passport size photograph, signature, and a copy of NEET Admit Card.
- After filling up the form, candidates are required to pay the registration fees. The amount paid as the registration fee will be non-refundable.
UP MBBS/BDS Application Fee – Last year the application fee was INR 2000 for registration and further counseling process.
UP MBBS/BDS Application Correction
It is to be noted that once the applications are submitted, candidates will not be able to revert any errors and correct them. Therefore, applicants are advised to evoke caution in filling up of application form.
UP MBBS/BDS 2019 Merit List
The UP MBBS/BDS counseling conducting body will prepare and release the Merit List for admission to undergraduate MBBS/BDS programme in the medical Institution of the state of Uttar Pradesh. Seat allotment will be based on the ranks secured by candidates in the Merit List. Merit list of UP MBBS/BDS Admission 2019 is expected to be published in the 4th week of June 2019. Merit list is prepared considering various factors such as the number of candidates applied for admission, NEET score, and seat intake. Merit List contains the names of the candidates who are eligible for the admission. A rank wise list of candidate will be released before every session of counseling until the seats are filled completely.
UP MBBS/BDS 2019 Counseling
Candidates who clear the NEET examination and who meet the relevant requirements will be considered for the preparation of Merit List. Candidates considered in the merit list will be able to participate in the UP MBBS/BDS Counseling process. UP MBBS/BDS 2019 counseling will be conducted from the first week of July 2019. While applying for the UP MBBS/BDS Admission 2019, candidates will have to select their preferences of colleges for pursuing their medical under graduation. Candidates will be notified regarding the counseling time and venue via mail by the counseling conducting body. Students will have to reach on time at said venue with all the relevant documents.
The list of documents that is to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Domicile certificate
- NEET 2019 Result Copy
- NEET 2019 Admit Card
- Counseling letter
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of fee transaction slip and application form
The allotment of seats will be solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counseling conducting body. However, there will be reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Last year the following percentage of seats were allotted under reservation status.
|Category||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|Other Backward Caste||27%|
UP MBBS/BDS 2018 Seat Intake
Last year, 6171 seats were offered to students seeking under graduate admissions in medical field in Uttar Pradesh. Given below is the college wise seat intake that was observed last year.
|Government Medical College/Institute/University|
|King George Medical College||210|
|GSVM Medical College||159|
|SN Medical College||124|
|MLN Medical College||124|
|MLB Medical College||82|
|LLRM Medical College||124|
|BRD Medical College||82|
|Uttar Pradesh University Medical College||128|
|State Allopathic Medical College||85|
|State Medical College Kannauj||85|
|State Medical College Azamgarh||85|
|State Medical College Saharanpur||85|
|State Medical College Banda||85|
|RML Medical College||127|
|Private and Minority Medical Institutes|
|Subharti Medical College||100|
|SRMS Institute of Medical Sciences||100|
|Muzzafarnagar Medical College||150|
|Rohilkhand Medical College||150|
|Hind Institute of Medical Sciences||100|
|Rama Medical College Hospital and Research||100|
|Saraswathi Institute of Medical Sciences||100|
|Rama Medical College Ghaziabad||150|
|Rajshree Medical Research Institute||150|
|Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences||150|
|Hind Institute of Medical Sciences Sitapur||150|
|KD Medical College||150|
|TSM Institute of Medical Sciences||150|
|Era’s Lucknow Medical College||150|
|Career Institute of Medical Sciences||100|
|Integral Institute of Medical Sciences||100|
|MSY Medical College||150|
|Government Dental College/Institute/University|
|Faculty of Dental Science, FGMU||51|
|Private and Minority Dental Institutes|
|Rama Dental College||100|
|Subharti Dental College||100|
|Saraswathy Dental College||100|
|Kothiwal Dental College||100|
|BBD College of Dental Science||100|
|Institute of Dental Studies and Technology||100|
|ITS Centre of Dental Studies||100|
|KD Dental College||100|
|Institute of Dental Sciences||100|
|Chandra Medical College||100|
|Dental College Azamgarh||100|
|Kalka Dental College||100|
|School of Dental Sciences||100|
|Career Institute of Medical Sciences||100|
|Theerthankar Institute of Medical Sciences||100|