Punjab MBBS Counselling 2021 has been started. Baba Farid University of Health Sciences is responsible for conducting the counselling. The Counselling takes place in two to three rounds depending on the availability of the seats. The University offers admission to the candidates on the basis of the NEET 2021 Scores. Therefore, it is mandatory for the candidates to qualify for the NEET Exam. Through counselling, candidates get admission to various Medical and Dental Colleges of Punjab. However, the mode of the BFUHS NEET 2021 Admission counselling is online followed by a Document Verification Round, which takes place offline. The BFUHS Punjab MBBS/ BDS Merit List Counselling takes place on the basis of the Merit List ranking order.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Highlights of Punjab MBBS Counselling
- The Counseling Round of Punjab MBBS is conducted both offline and online.
- Candidates can participate in counseling rounds if they have secured the minimum required percentile in NEET Entrance Test.
- The Counselling Committee of Punjab MBBS declares a Merit List containing the names of candidates who are eligible.
- The Applicants are granted admission based on their merit-cum performance.
Punjab NEET Counselling 2021
The counselling schedule is released after the merit list is published. In addition, the selection committee of BFUHS conducts counseling rounds strictly as per the schedule. Hence, candidates participating in Punjab MBBS/ BDS Counselling should be well versed with the schedule. The table given below contains all the important events and dates.
|Application Form date||18th November 2021|
|last date of Application date||28th November 2021|
|Last date for Punjab MBBS application form fee payment||28th November 2021|
|Document verification||1st December 2021|
|Publication of provisional Punjab MBBS/BDS merit list 2021||3rd December 2021|
|Choice filling for Punjab MBBS/BDS admission||19th to 24th January 2022|
|First Seat Allotment result||31st January 2022|
|Reporting to the allotted institute||7th February 2022|
|Registration for round 2 of Punjab MBBS 2021 admission||To be announced|
|Display of merit list||To be announced|
|Choice filling for Punjab MBBS/BDS admission||To be announced|
|Second Round of Seat Allotment Result||To be announced|
|Reporting to the allotted institute||To be announced|
Punjab MBBS Counselling 2021
The First Round of Counselling of Punjab MBBS/ BDS begins soon after the release of the merit list. Candidates who have been ranked at the top (for example Top 100) in the Punjab MBBS Merit List shall be eligible for the First Round of counseling. Counseling (Document Verification) takes place offline. Candidates have to report to the counselling venue at the specified date and time along with the documents.
Eligibility Criteria for Punjab NEET Admission Counselling 2021
To be eligible in the Punjab BFUHS Counselling Process, candidates have to satisfy the following conditions-
- Must have qualified NEET 2021 Examination.
- He/ She must have registered for the Punjab MBBS Counselling Registration Process.
- Also must be a resident of Punjab State.
How to Apply For Punjab MBBS Admission Counselling?
Candidates participating in counselling rounds should be well acquainted with the procedure. In this way, no unnecessary challenge is faced during the process. In this section, we have thus discussed the Punjab MBBS Counselling Procedure in detail.
This is the very first step to participate in the Counselling process. Hence, it is mandatory for all candidates to register for counselling.
- Firstly, visit the official website of BFUHS – bfuhs.ac.in
- Then click on the “New Registration” Link
- Enter your basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc.
- After the successful registration, enter your college and course preferences, category, quota, NEET 2021 Scores, etc.
- Re-check all the details correctly, and click on the submit option.
- Keep Your Registration ID and Password for future reference
Payment of the Registration/ Application Fees
- The Application Fees for the Counselling have to be paid offline.
- Soon after the completion of the form, a bank challan is generated.
- The candidate has to deposit the challan along with the application fees in any branch of the Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- If the candidate fails to make the payment of the application fees, then he/ she shall not be eligible for the counselling.
- The cost of the application fees is Rs 5000/- + 18% GST (for General Category) and Rs 2500/- +18% GST for Reserved Category.
Preparation of Punjab MBBS State Merit List Result
- The University then prepares the Punjab State MBBS/ BDS Merit List.
- Merit List pdf is further published on the BFUHS Official Website.
- Moreover, the rank list released category-wise, so that the candidates can easily look for their names on the list.
College/ Courses Preferences
- In this stage, candidates have to log in and choose the course and colleges as per their preferences.
- The seats are allocated to the candidates on the basis of the choices filled. Therefore, make sure that you fill in the choices wisely.
Punjab MBBS Seat Allocation List
- After the submission of the college preferences, the University releases a Seat Allocation List.
- The Seat Allocation List shall be available on the university website. A seat allotment list further indicates the names of the selected candidates along with the details of the allotted medical institute.
Punjab MBBS Second Round Counselling
The Punjab NEET Second Round of Counseling is held for the candidates who have been ranked after are called for second counseling. The Counseling is held Candidates who are not selected in the first round are also eligible to participate in the counseling round. In addition, the list of students eligible for this round is released separately. The procedure following this round is further conducted is explained below.
Punjab MBBS Second Round Counselling Process
- The Counseling for MBBS Admission starts from NRI Category first.
- After the NRI Counseling Round, if the seats are still vacant then they are transferred to the open category of respective institutions.
- The vacant seats are displayed daily on the university website and the candidates must check them regularly.
Punjab NEET MBBS Counselling – Mop-Up Round
The Punjab MBBS Mop-Up Round Counseling takes place if there are still vacant seats remaining. Candidates who did not make it up to the first two rounds of counseling can apply for the Mop-Up Round Counseling. To participate in the Mop-Up Round of Punjab MBBS, candidates have to fill an application form for Mop-Up Round. The Mop-Up Application Form shall be available online. Candidates have to download and take the printout of the application form and fill it in their handwriting.
Details Printed on Punjab MBBS Mop-Up Round Application Form
- Part-A: This part of the application form contains personal details and education details. Candidates must fill in all the details as per the official documents to avoid any trouble further. Further, the fields included in the application form are as follows:
- University Registration Number
- NEET 2021 Marks
- NEET 2021 Rank
- Name of the Candidate
- Father’s Name
- Minority Status
- Christian Category
- Date of Birth
- Aadhaar Card Number
- E-mail ID
- Name of the School and State from where you have passed 10th and 12th
- Marks Secured in each subject and percentage
- Signature of the candidate
- Part -B: Part B of the application form is for the option of admission. This has to be filled before the Admission Committee.
- Part -C: This part of the Application is the Undertaking/ Self-Declaration by the candidate. You also have to give the Thumb Impression as well. (Left in case of Male Candidate and Right in case of female candidate).
Document Verification Round of Punjab MBBS 2021
The Document Verification Round of Punjab MBBS Counselling takes place offline. It is the last stage of the Punjab MBBS Admission Procedure. Candidates have to report to the Allotted College/ Institute for Admission. The List of the documents that are asked in the Punjab MBBS Document Verification Round is as follows-
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- NEET 2021 Rank/ Score Card
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- A copy of the Application Form 2021
- Class 10th Passing Certificate
- Punjab Resident Certificate
- Exemption Certificate (if any)
- Copy of Bank Challan Form
- Class 12th Passing Certificate
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution Last Attended/ Gazetted Officer.
- NEET Hall Ticket
- EWS Certificate as per Page 56 of Prospectus
- Sworn Declaration by Parents as per Page 43
- Sworn Declaration by Candidates, as per Page 66
- Affidavit by the parents/ guardian that the child/ ward has not obtained the benefit of residence in another state.
- Eight Colored Copies of Recent Passport Size Photograph. The Photograph should be similar to the one you have uploaded at the time of filling the application form.
Punjab MBBS Seat Allotment Result
The Punjab MBBS Seat Allotment List Result is declared online, hence candidates can check it by visiting the university website. The List comprises the names of the candidates and the course/ college they have been allotted for on the basis of the NEET 2021 Scores and Rank. Candidates can download their seat allotment letter from the official website by submitting their registration Id and password.
Details Printed on Punjab MBBS Seat Allotment Letter
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s Name
- NEET Roll Number
- Name of the College
- NEET Rank
- NEET Marks
- NEET Percentile
BFUHS Punjab NEET 2020 Allotment List
|Rounds of Counselling||MBBS||BDS|
|Round-1||Click Here||Click Here|
|Round-2||Click Here||Click Here|
|Mop-Up Round||Click Here||Click Here|
Seat Matrix and Participating Colleges in Punjab BFUHS NEET Counselling
Following are the colleges that participate in Punjab Counselling Procedure-
|Name of the College||Total Number of Seats|
|Guru Gobind Singh Medical College Sadiq Road, Faridkot||100 Seats|
|Govt. Medical College, Majitha Road Amritsar||200 Seats|
|Govt. Medical College, Sangrur Road Patiala||200 Seats|
|Dayanand Medical College, Civil Lines Ludhiana||100 Seats|
|Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Amritsar||150 Seats|
|Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences, Garha Road Jalandhar||150 Seats|
|Christian Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana||75 Seats|
Punjab Dental Colleges
|Name of the College||Total Number of Seats|
|Government Dental College, Amritsar||40 Seats|
|Govt. Medical College, Sangrur Road Patiala||40 Seats|
|Dasmesh Institute of Research and Dental Sciences, Talwandi Road Faridkot||100 Seats|
|Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Dental Sciences and Research G.T Road, Amritsar||60 Seats|
|Baba Jaswant Singh Dental College Hospital and Research Institute, Patiala Bathinda Road||100 Seats|
|National Dental College, Tehsil Dera Bassi, Patiala||100 Seats|
|Luxmi Bai Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, Ferozepur||100 Seats|
|Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha Dental College, VPO Sarabha, Ludhiana||50 Seats|
|Rayat – Bahra Dental College, VPO Saharan, Mohali||100 Seats|
|Sri. Sukhmani Dental College and Hospital, Derabassi, Mohali||100 Seats|
|Christian Dental College, Ludhiana||40 Seats|
Fee Structure of Punjab Medical and Dental Colleges
|Institution||Quota||Fees (In Rs)|
|Government Institutions||Rs 80, 000/-|
|Private Institutions (excluding CMC and Ldh)||Government||Rs 2,00, 000/-|
|Private Institutions (including CMC and Ldh)||Management/Open/Minority||Rs 6,60,000/-|
|Private University Adesh||Open Merit||Rs 11,90, 000/-|
|Private University (SGRD)||Open and Minority||Rs 6,60,600/-|
|DBDC, Mandi Gobindgarh (Private University)||Open Merit||Rs 2,20,200/-|
The Punjab MBBS Counseling 2021 takes place online as well as offline. Candidates whose name is there on the merit list can attend Punjab NEET MBBS Counselling. The First Round of Counselling takes place online and the second round of counseling takes place offline. So, if you have any queries regarding the counselling process, then please comment on the section below.