Punjab MBBS Counselling 2020: The Baba Farid University of Health Sciences is responsible for conducting the counselling. The Counselling will take place in two to three rounds depending on the availability of the seats. The University offers admission to the candidates on the basis of the NEET 2020 Scores. Therefore, it is mandatory for the candidates to qualify for the NEET Exam. Through Punjab NEET Counselling, candidates will get admission in various Medical and Dental Colleges of Punjab. However, the mode of the Counselling is online followed by a Document Verification Round, which will take place offline. The BFUHS Punjab MBBS/BDS Merit List Counselling will take place on the basis of the Punjab MBBS Merit List ranking order.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, we have provided complete details of the Counselling Process along with the dates, instructions, cutoff, college list, etc. Therefore, go through the article carefully.
Highlights of Punjab MBBS Counselling
- The Counseling Round of Punjab MBBS is conducted both offline and online.
- Candidates can participate in counseling rounds if they have secured the minimum required percentile in NEET Entrance Test.
- The Counselling Committee of Punjab MBBS will declare a Merit List containing the names of candidates who are eligible.
- The Applicants are granted admission based on their merit-cum performance.
Punjab NEET Counselling 2020 (Tentative Schedule)
The BFUHS has not released the official dates of the Punjab MBBS/BDS Admission Process. However, we have provided the tentative dates below.
|Events||Dates Scheduled (Tentative)|
|Punjab NEET Counselling Form (Round I)||First Week of September 2020|
|Last Date for Counselling Form Submission||Second Week of September 2020|
|Release of the Seat Allotment List||Second Week of September 2020|
|Joining the Allotted College and Making the payment of the admission fees||Third Week of September 2020|
|Release of the seat allotment letter||October 2020|
|Second Round Counselling||Second Week of October 2020|
Punjab MBBS Counselling 2020
The First Round of Counselling of Punjab MBBS/BDS will begin soon after the release of merit list. Candidates who have been ranked at the top (example Top 100) in Punjab MBBS Merit List will be eligible for the First Round of the counseling. Counseling (Document Verification) will take place offline. Candidates will have to report the counselling venue at the specified date and time along with the documents.
Eligibility Criteria for Punjab NEET Admission Counselling 2020
To be eligible in the Punjab BFUHS Counselling Process, candidates have to satisfy the following conditions-
- Must have qualified NEET 2020 Examination.
- He/She must have registered for the Punjab MBBS Counselling Registration Process.
- Also must be a resident of Punjab State.
How to Apply For Punjab MBBS Admission Counselling?
The step by step process to apply for the Punjab State MBBS Counselling is as follows-
This is the very first step to participate in the Counselling process. Hence, it is mandatory for all the candidates to register for the counselling.
- Firstly, visit the official website of BFUHS- bfuhs.ac.in
- Then click on the “New Registration” Link
- Enter your basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc.
- After the successful registration, enter your college and course preferences, category, quota, NEET 2020 Scores, etc.
- Re-check all the details correctly, and click on the submit option.
- Keep Your Registration ID and Password for future reference
Payment of the Registration/Application Fees
- The Application Fees for the Counselling has to be paid offline.
- Soon after the completion of the form, a bank challan will be generated.
- The candidate has to deposit the challan along with the application fees in any branch of the Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- If the candidate fails to make the payment of the application fees, then he/she will not be eligible for the counselling.
- The cost of the application fees is Rs 5000/- + 18% GST (for General Category) and Rs 2500/- +18% GST for Reserved Category.
Preparation of Punjab MBBS State Merit List Result
- The University will then prepare the Punjab State MBBS/BDS Merit List.
- The Rank List will be available on the official website.
- The list will release category-wise separately.
- In this stage, candidates have to log in and choose the course and colleges as per their preferences.
- The seats will be allocated to the candidates on the basis of the choices filled. Therefore, make sure that you fill in the choices wisely.
Punjab MBBS Seat Allocation List
- After the submission of the college preferences, the University will release a Seat Allocation List.
- The Seat Allocation List will be published on the official website.
Punjab MBBS Second Round Counselling
The Punjab NEET Second Round of Counseling is held for the candidates who have been ranked after are called for second counseling. The Counseling is held Candidates who were not selected in the first round are also eligible to participate in the counseling round. The Punjab MBBS Second Round Counseling will take place in August 2020.
Punjab MBBS Second Round Counselling Process
- The Counseling for MBBS Admission will start from NRI Category first.
- After the NRI Counseling Round, if the seats are still vacant then it will be transferred to the open category of respective institutions.
- The vacant seats will be displayed daily on the university website and the candidates must check it regularly.
Punjab NEET MBBS Counselling – Mop-Up Round
The Punjab MBBS Mop-Up Round Counseling will take place if there are still vacant seats remaining. Candidates who did not make it up to the first two rounds of counseling can apply for the Mop-Up Round Counseling. To participate in the Mop-Up Round of Punjab MBBS, candidates have to fill an application form for Mop-Up Round. The Mop-Up Application Form will be available online. Candidates have to download and take the printout of the application form and fill it in their handwriting.
Details Printed on Punjab MBBS Mop-Up Round Application Form
Part-A of the application form contains personal details and education details.
- University Registration Number
- NEET 2020 Marks
- NEET 2020 Rank
- Name of the Candidate
- Father’s Name
- Minority Status
- Christian Category
- Date of Birth
- Aadhaar Card Number
- E-mail ID
- Name of the School and State from where you have passed 10th and 12th
- Marks Secured in each subject and percentage
- Signature of the candidate
Part B of the application form is for the option for admission. This has to be filled before the Admission Committee.
This part of the Application is the Undertaking/Self-Declaration by the candidate. You also have to give the Thumb Impression as well. (Left in case of Male Candidate and Right in case of the female candidate).
Document Verification Round of Punjab MBBS 2020
The Document Verification Round of Punjab MBBS Counselling will take place offline. It is the last stage of the Punjab MBBS Admission Procedure. Candidates have to report the Allotted College/Institute for Admission. The List of the documents that are asked in the Punjab MBBS Document Verification Round is as follows-
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- NEET 2020 Rank/Score Card
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- A copy of the Application Form 2020
- Class 10th Passing Certificate
- Punjab Resident Certificate
- Exemption Certificate (if any)
- Copy of Bank Challan Form
- Class 12th Passing Certificate
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution Last Attended/Gazetted Officer.
- NEET Hall Ticket
- EWS Certificate as per Page 56 of Prospectus
- Sworn Declaration by Parents as per Page 43
- Sworn Declaration by Candidates, as per Page 66
- Affidavit by the parents/guardian that the child/ward has not obtained the benefit of residence in another state.
- Eight Colored Copies of Recent Passport Size Photograph. The Photograph should be similar to the one you have uploaded at the time of filling the application form.
Punjab MBBS Seat Allotment Result
The Punjab MBBS Seat Allotment List Result will be declared online. The List will comprise the names of the candidates and the course/college they have been allotted for on the basis of the NEET 2020 Scores and Rank. Candidates can download their seat allotment letter from the official website by submitting their registration id and password.
Details Printed on Punjab MBBS Seat Allotment Letter
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s Name
- NEET Roll Number
- Name of the College
- NEET Rank
- NEET Marks
- NEET Percentile
Seat Matrix and Participating Colleges in Punjab BFUHS NEET Counselling
Following are the colleges that participate in Punjab Counselling Procedure-
|Name of the College||Total Number of Seats|
|Guru Gobind Singh Medical College Sadiq Road, Faridkot||100 Seats|
|Govt. Medical College, Majitha Road Amritsar||200 Seats|
|Govt. Medical College, Sangrur Road Patiala||200 Seats|
|Dayanand Medical College, Civil Lines Ludhiana||100 Seats|
|Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Amritsar||150 Seats|
|Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences, Garha Road Jalandhar||150 Seats|
|Christian Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana||75 Seats|
Punjab Dental Colleges
|Name of the College||Total Number of Seats|
|Government Dental College, Amritsar||40 Seats|
|Govt. Medical College, Sangrur Road Patiala||40 Seats|
|Dasmesh Institute of Research and Dental Sciences, Talwandi Road Faridkot||100 Seats|
|Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Dental Sciences and Research G.T Road, Amritsar||60 Seats|
|Baba Jaswant Singh Dental College Hospital and Research Institute, Patiala Bathinda Road||100 Seats|
|National Dental College, Tehsil Dera Bassi, Patiala||100 Seats|
|Luxmi Bai Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, Ferozepur||100 Seats|
|Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha Dental College, VPO Sarabha, Ludhiana||50 Seats|
|Rayat – Bahra Dental College, VPO Saharan, Mohali||100 Seats|
|Sri. Sukhmani Dental College and Hospital, Derabassi, Mohali||100 Seats|
|Christian Dental College, Ludhiana||40 Seats|
Fee Structure of Punjab Medical and Dental Colleges
|Institution||Quota||Fees (In Rs)|
|Government Institutions||Rs 80, 000/-|
|Private Institutions (excluding CMC and Ldh)||Government||Rs 2,00, 000/-|
|Private Institutions (including CMC and Ldh)||Management/Open/Minority||Rs 6,60,000/-|
|Private University Adesh||Open Merit||Rs 11,90, 000/-|
|Private University (SGRD)||Open and Minority||Rs 6,60,600/-|
|DBDC, Mandi Gobindgarh (Private University)||Open Merit||Rs 2,20,200/-|
The Punjab MBBS Counseling 2020 will take place online as well as offline. Candidates whose name is there on the merit list can attend Punjab NEET MBBS Counselling. The First Round of Counselling takes place online and the second round of counseling takes place offline. So, if you have any queries regarding the counselling process, then please comment on the section below.