Gujarat MBBS Admission 2021: The Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC) carries out the admission rounds. There is no entrance exam for admission. Hence, candidates are selected on the basis of NEET 2021 Scores. Hence, only the candidates who sit for NEET can fill the application form. Gujarat MBBS Admission 2021 includes the application form, merit list, and counselling. Moreover, only the students who successfully submit the application form are considered for the merit list. Candidates should be well-versed with each admission round in order to avoid unnecessary trouble. Therefore, aspirants of the MBBS/ BDS Course in Gujarat should go through this article carefully.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Gujarat MBBS Admission 2021
- The ACPUGMEC releases an information brochure that contains detailed information about the admission process and rounds. Candidates can for now check out the Gujarat MBBS 2020 Information Brochure for reference.
- Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC) is responsible for admission in various Medical and Government Institutions of Gujarat.
- Programs offered under NEET include Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS).
- Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC) takes care of 85% of the total candidate list; the remaining 15% is controlled by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Around 36 governmental and privatized colleges/ institutes/ universities invite students for admissions into MBBS and BDS programs.
- There are approximately 4600 seats available for both MBBS and BDS UG programmes in Gujarat medical and Dental colleges/ Institutes/ Universities.
Gujarat NEET Admission Dates
Candidates, who are interested in pursuing medical/ dental under graduation under the state quota of Gujarat can apply. However, the admission form is released for a limited period of time and the other admission rounds are conducted as per the admission schedule. Therefore, participants should be well acquainted with the Gujarat MBBS/ BDS Admission Schedule.
|1||Gujarat MBBS/ BDS Admission Registration||– To be Announced –|
|2||Last Date for Application Submission||– To be Announced –|
|3||Document Verification||– To be Announced –|
|4||Release of Gujarat MBBS Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|5||Choice Filling and Locking||– To be Announced –|
|6||First Seat Allotment||– To be Announced –|
|7||Admission Confirmation and Fee Payment||– To be Announced –|
|8||Second Counselling Registration||– To be Announced –|
|9||Last Date for Application Submission||– To be Announced –|
|10||Document verification||– To be Announced –|
|11||Release of Candidate List||– To be Announced –|
|12||Choice filling for New Registrations||– To be Announced –|
|15||Mop Up Rounds||–|
Eligibility Criteria for Gujarat MBBS and BDS Admission
The Eligibility Criteria is an important factor in the ACPUGMEC MBBS and BDS Admission. It is important for each candidate to satisfy the eligibility conditions. If any of the candidates is found to be ineligible then their application is revoked. Therefore, do check the eligibility criteria carefully. Further, the Gujarat MBBS Eligibility Criteria includes – Nationality, Domicile Factor, Age Factor, Qualifying Examination, Qualifying Marks, Subject, etc.
|S. No.||Factor||Eligibility Criteria|
|6||Qualifying Marks/ Percentage|
Gujarat MBBS/ BDS Registration 2021
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria must complete the registration process. Registration mainly includes Purchasing a PIN from a designated Bank, creating a user ID, filling up of application form, uploading relevant documents, and application fee payment. The Gujarat MBBS Online Registration Window opens for only a few days; thus, candidates are advised to get registered as soon as possible. To successfully get registered, candidates can follow the steps given below.
Purchasing PIN and Application Fee Payment
Candidates are required to buy a PIN from any branch of AXIS Bank by paying an amount of INR 200 for all candidates, and INR 10,000 is to be paid in case of NRIs.
- Candidates have to get registered from the official website of ACPUGMEC (www.medadmgujarat.org) by providing a valid email and some basic details.
- In addition, after the registration, the Login ID and Password are generated. Candidates should keep it safe as it is required in the future for logging in.
Application Form Fill up
- In this step, candidates have to login with the ID and Password. Then the application form appears on the screen.
- In the form, candidates have to provide personal and educational information. Candidates should further enter all the details as per their official documents.
Uploading of the Documents
- After entering all the details, the photograph, and signature scanned images have to be uploaded.
- The Photograph and Signature Documents must be uploaded as per the specifications. Providing images with the wrong specifications is rejected.
ACPUGMEC NEET Application Form Correction
Soon after the application forms are closed, the conducting body releases another facility to make corrections in the application form. So, candidates who have filled and submitted the Gujarat MBBS and BDS Admission Form can make certain changes. However, this facility is provided for a limited period of time. Therefore, we advise you to make changes before the deadline date. The applications can be reviewed and corrected.
Gujarat MBBS and BDS Merit List 2021
The Gujarat NEET Merit List 2021 is released soon after the conclusion of the application process. This rank list is prepared as per the applicant’s scores in the NEET exam. The Merit List is further released in the form of PDF so that the candidates can download it easily. On the basis of the NEET Scores and the Eligibility Conditions, the conducting body analyzes and prepares the Gujarat MBBS and BDS Merit List pdf. Moreover, the Rank List includes the names, marks, subject, and category, and qualification status. Candidates are called for counselling rounds as per their merit rank.
ACPUGMEC MBBS and BDS Counselling
Gujarat MBBS Counselling is the final round of the admission process. Hence, document verification and seat allotment are done in this round. Candidates who are ranked higher in the merit list easily get a seat in the desired medical college. Moreover, the counselling gets completed in 2 to 3 rounds depending upon the seats left vacant. For the verification, candidates have to provide relevant documents copies. A seat is allotted only if the candidate is found to be eligible after verification. The documents that a candidate must have for verification purposes are mentioned below.
Documents For ACPUGMEC NEET Counselling
- Domicile certificate of Gujarat
- Candidate’s NEET Result Copy
- NEET Admit Card of the Candidate
- Counseling letter for Gujarat MBBS Admission
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of Gujarat MBBS/ BDS fee transaction slip and application form
Seat Allotment Details
The allotment of seats is solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counselling conducting body. However, there are reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Further, during the seat allotment process, the seat matrix is considered. The seat matrix basically indicates the no. of seats available for admission.
|Category||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes||27%|
|Management Quota||25% (including 15% NRI Quota)|