DU Cut Off 2019 – The University of Delhi releases cut off marks for admission to various undergraduate courses in the field of Science, Arts and commerce. The admission is granted based on the marks obtained in the class 10+2 qualifying examination. There is a total of 64 colleges affiliated with this university. This article will provide an overview of the DU cut-off marks for admission to the academic year 2019-20.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The DU Cut Off 2019 is the minimum qualifying mark that the applicant must meet in order to get enrolled for a particular course into the college of their choice. The cutoff list, releasing each year varies. Every college sets its own cut-off for admission to a particular programme. However, St. Stephen’s College and Jesus and Mary College will be announcing their own cut-offs based on the entrance test conducted by the colleges for admissions to different undergraduate programmes.
Changes in DU Admissions
Few of the changes in DU admission procedure was introduced from 2018 session. Find few of the changes in the points mentioned below.
- Candidates who are applying through merit or entrance can now fill only one application form.
- Once the candidate enters his/her roll number and other details, the details of the applicant’s marks in class 12th will be automatically captured by the database provided by CBSE.
- For admission in Sports category, candidates can now submit best 3 certificates instead of 1. These have to be uploaded as three different documents.
- Five year integrated course in Journalism has been added as a new course.
Important Dates of DU Cut Off 2019
The candidates who will be filling the Application Form of Delhi University to apply for the admission to various courses will have to keep themselves updated with the cut off updates. The applicant will have to keep visiting the website of the University on a regular basis so as not to miss any of the updates. Once the schedule is released by the examination authorities, the applicant will have to save and download it so as not to miss any of the dates and the events.
The tentative schedule of DU Cut off 2019 is mentioned in the tabular format below. The official dates will be available as soon as they are released.
|Manav Rachna University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Chandigarh University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|UPES University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Lovely Professional University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Bennet University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|S. No||Events||Dates (tentative)|
|1.||Date of release of online application form||May 2019|
|2.||Last date to submit the application form||June 2019|
|3.||Release of DU cut off 2019||June 2019|
|4.||Document verification and Admissions into DU colleges for the programmes on the basis of DU cut off||June 2019|
|5.||Release of DU second cut off list (DU 2nd Cut-offs by colleges)||July 2019|
DU Cut Off 2019
The cut off Delhi University will be released in an online mode on the official website of Delhi University. Candidates who have successfully submitted the Application Form to apply for various courses offered by the University will be able to check the newly released Cut off list. The University releases the cut off list as per on the date as mentioned in the admission schedule. The cut off list provides the minimum qualifying marks required by the candidate to be secured in the qualifying examination. The applicant will have to make sure that they have filled the Application form with the utmost care and the details provided in the form has to be valid and correct. Any form of incorrect details will prohibit the candidate from proceeding from the admission procedure further as the details provided will be cross-checked at the time of the final admission by the college.
The cut off list is released by different colleges as per the date announced. The list will be made available on the website and the candidates will have to make sure that they go through the cut off list of the colleges they applied for. The colleges will be releasing the cut off list mentioning the marks which have to be secured by the candidate in order to acquire an admission. The cut off list will be available in a PDF format and the applicant will be able to save and download it. The colleges release the number of cut off lists providing an ample of chance to the candidates for the admission. It must be noted though that the cut off list of various courses will be available separately. It is important that the candidate must check the cut off list of the course for which they have applied.
Steps to check DU Cut Off List 2019:
The candidates must be known to the steps to check the cut off list which will be available on the official website. It is important that the applicant must avoid any form of error while downloading and checking the cut off list. Find the steps of checking the cut off list from the points mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Delhi University and go to the admission 2019 portal.
- The cut off list will be available on the website. The name of the college and other details will be available on the list.
- The candidate will be able to check the list and save and download it.
- The details related to admission procedure will also be available in the cut off list.
Factors on which DU Cut off 2019 Depends
The DU calculate cut-off mark on the basis of Best of Four subject’s formula. There are certain factors which will be taken into consideration while preparing the Du cut off 2019.
They are as follows:
- Number of applicants applied for admission
- Number of seat availability for each programme in different colleges
- Highest and the lowest marks obtained by candidates in Class 12th boards
- The number of applicants belonging to reserved category.
- Last year cut-off trends.
What to do after the DU Cut Off 2019 Releases?
Step1: Checking of cut-off
The applicants must check the official website of Delhi University and respective college website for DU cut off 2019 for different programmes.
Step 2: Selection of Colleges/ Programmes
The applicants who meet the requisite cut-off should log in to the UG admission portal by entering their login credentials and select programme and college (where the applicant wishes to take admission and meets the desired cutoff) and click on “Generate Admission Form”.
Step 3: Verification of documents at Colleges
The applicant shall report to the college along with the print out of the admission form and necessary documents to the respective college for verification of mark-sheet/certificates, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the programme/course. The set of document that has to be carried on the day of reporting at the college is mentioned below:
- Admission Form
- Enrollment Form
- Two Passport Size Photographs
- Original and Attested Copy of Provisional Certificate of the Examination passed
- Original and Attested Copy of Mark sheet of class XII (or equivalent thereof)
- Original Character Certificate from the Head of School last attended
- Original and Attested Copy of certificate of Date of Birth (class X certificate)
- Original and Attested Copy of Migration certificate in case the student is from a Board / University other than Delhi
- Original and Attested Copy of S.C./S.T. registration/ latest O.B.C. (non creamy layer) certificate on the name of student
- Undertaking by student and parent/ guardian (against ragging) on the affidavit of Rs 10/- duly attested by the authorized notary.
- One of these Identity Proof is required from the student – Voter I.D. Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving License/ Pan Card/ Passport
Step 4: Approval of admission:
The College will retain the certificates of the approved applicant in order to avoid multiple admissions. The certificates will remain with the colleges during the admission process. After this, the college will approve the admission. However, the colleges shall promptly return the documents in case if the student withdraws/ cancels the admission or wishes to appear in counselling of any other University/ Institute.
Step 5: Online payment of the Admission fee
The applicant will then be required to log-on to the official website to make the online admission fee payment through the available online fee payment options. The approved applicant is permitted to make online admission fee payment.
Previous Year Delhi University (DU) Cut Off Course Wise
Delhi University last year cut-off trends according to the colleges & courses. Category wise Cut off is provided in the table below:
|Acharya Narendra Dev College||B.Sc. (Hons.) Computer|
|Acharya Narendra Dev College||B.Sc. Life Sciences||86||80||75||65||60||75|
|Aryabhatta College||B.Sc. (Hons.) Computer|
|Bharati College (W)||B.Sc. (Hons.)|
|Daulat Ram College (W)||B.Sc. (Hons.) Botany||92||90||87||85||89||NA|
|Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College||B.Sc. Mathematical|
|Hans Raj College||B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry||97.33||95||92||82||90||97|
|Kalindi College (W)||B.Sc. (Hons.) Botany||90||90||90||90||88||90|
|Acharya Narendra Dev College||B.Com. (Hons.)||95||87||84||70||70||85|
|Aditi Mahavidyalaya (W)||BA||77||72||70||70||70||75|
|College of Vocational Studies||B.A. (Hons.)|
|Daulat Ram College (W)||B.Com||96||93||90||90||90||NA|
|Gargi College||B.A. (Hons.)|
|Hans Raj College||B.A. (Hons.)|
DU Cut Off List College Wise
To get the DU college-wise cut off, click on the name of the college provided in the table below:
If you have any doubt or query related to this article, then please reply in the comment box given below.