AIIMS MBBS 2021 is replaced with the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). NEET 2021 exam is scheduled to be held on 01st August 2021 (Sunday). That means the entrance exam of AIIMS has been scraped. Candidates who score the AIIMS cut-off marks can get admission to MBBS Programmes in any of the 13 AIIMS located in India. The institutes are further located in New Delhi, Patna, Rishikesh, Guntur, Bhopal, Kalyani, Raebareli, Gorakhpur, Bhatinda, Nagpur, Jodhpur, Raipur, and Bhubaneshwar. Further, interested candidates have to fill in the NEET 2021 Form. AIIMS MBBS 2021 admission process remains the same otherwise. The interested candidates can further go through this article to get more information on the admission process and selection criteria.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The AIIMS stands for “All India Institute of Medical Sciences”. The AIIMS is a group of autonomous public medical colleges for higher education. These Institutes have been declared by the “Act of Parliament” as Institutes of National Importance. Moreover, the degrees awarded by the Institute under the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Act are recognized medical qualifications. AIIMS Institute further provides its own medical degrees and other medical distinctions.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Entrance Exam Dates
Now the Admission to AIIMS institutes is through NEET, hence, the admission activities schedule is released by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The counselling and seat allotment procedure is carried out by the respective institute. Aspirants can further check AIIMS Admission 2021 important events and dates from the table given below.
|Release of Application||3rd Week of March 2021|
|End of the application process||Last Week of March 2021|
|Correction window opens||To be Announced|
|Availability of Admit card||To be Announced|
|Examination||01st August 2021|
|Availability of Answer key||To be Announced|
|Declaration of Result||To be Announced|
|Starting of Counselling||To be Announced|
Check – JIPMER MBBS 2021
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
To get admission to the AIIMS institutes, aspirants must fulfill the eligibility conditions. Candidates are rejected if they don’t satisfy the Eligibility Conditions of AIIMS MBBS 2021. Below, we have mentioned the eligibility criteria of AIIMS –
- Applicants must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission as on or before 31st December 2021.
- Candidates must be Indian Citizens, Overseas Citizens of India, and Non-Resident Indians.
- Candidates must have passed 12th Class from any recognized board or University with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects.
- The Minimum qualifying percentage for OBC and General Category is 60%, whereas the OBC/ SC/ ST Candidates have to qualify 50% of marks.
- Candidates applying for the qualifying examination are also eligible.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Reservation Criteria
- For all the Reservation Category Candidates (SC/ ST/ OBC, and PWD), a certain percentage of seats have been reserved for the candidates.
- AIIMS, New Delhi has 100 seats for Indian Nationals and 7 for Foreign Nationals.
- Moreover, if the SC/ ST seat remains vacant, then those are then transferred to the general category seat bank.
The Reservation Policy of all the AIIMS Colleges is as follows:
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Non-Creamy other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)||27%|
|People with Benchmark Disability||5%|
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Application Form
AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2021 is the same as that of the NEET 2021. Hence, students interested in taking admission to AIIMS institutes must fill in the NEET Application Form. Candidates can either visit the official website of NTA (National Testing Agency) or AIIMS (wwww.aiimsexams.ac.in) to apply. Only the students who submit the form successfully can appear for the national level exam. Further, candidates should ensure that they provide the correct information while filling the form. The provided information is used for the entire admission process. If the entered details do not match with the details present on the documents, then the application form is considered invalid.
AIIMS MBBS Registration Process 2021
The AIIMS MBBS Application Form Procedure comprises of two stages – Basic and Final. Candidates who are willing to apply for this entrance exam have to undergo both stages. The First Stage is the Basic Registration Process. In this stage, candidates have to enter their basic information such as personal details, uploading of the photographs, etc.
Soon after the completion of the basic registration, code generation for the Final Registration will be available on the screen. The Final Registration is the last stage of the application form process. Thus, the candidates have to complete both stages correctly.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Registration
The Basic Registration Process is the first step. Only the students who pass through this round successfully can participate in the second round.
How to Apply for AIIMS MBBS 2021 Basic Registration?
The step by step procedure to apply for the Basic Registration is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS MBBS or NTA (www.nta.ac.in) – www.aiimsexams.org
- Click on the “New Registration Tab” option
- Enter the basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature
Note- In this section, you don’t have to make the payment of the Registration Fees.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Final Registration
The Final Registration Process of AIIMS MBBS 2021 is the conclusion part of the registration procedure. Once the basic registration is completed, a code is sent for the final registration process. Using the Login Credentials, log in again and fill in the application form. The details are provided in the brochure.
How to Apply for AIIMS MBBS 2021 Final Registration?
The Step by Step Procedure to fill the AIIMS MBBS Final Registration Form is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of the AIIMS Exam
- Log in using the credentials
- Fill in all the Personal, Academic, Professional Details
- Now make the payment of the application fees either Online/ Bank Challan
- Recheck the AIIMS Application Form and submit it.
- Download and take the printout of the application form and keep it safe for future reference.
Candidates are requested to take multiple numbers of printouts. Moreover, the application window opens for a limited time. Thus, the students are required to fill and submit their forms on time.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Admit Card
Candidates who have submitted their Registration Form before the closing date are issued with AIIMS MBBS 2021 Admit Card. The Admit Card is a mandatory document that has to be carried by the candidate to the examination hall. Admit Card is released online on the official website of AIIMS Exams. You have to enter your Application Number and Password to download the Admit Card. The Hall Ticket carries all the details about the candidate, exam, venue timings, etc.
Further, in case of any discrepancies, make sure that you contact the authorities. As if the invigilator spots them on the day of the exam, then he may not allow you to sit for the exam. Hence, ensure that all the details present on the hall ticket are correct.
How to Download AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2021?
The step by step procedure to download the AIIMS Admit Card 2021 is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS Exams- www.aiimsexams.org
- Click on the “AIIMS MBBS 2021 Admit Card” Link
- Enter the Application Number and Password and click on the submit button.
- The Admit Card is displayed on the screen.
- Download and take the printout of the Admit Card.
- Keep the Admit Card safe until the completion of the Admission Procedure.
The AIIMS MBBS Admit Card serves as Identity Proof for the candidate who is appearing for the examination. No candidate is allowed to enter the examination hall without an Admit Card.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Exam Pattern
Now as NEET is the main exam, so it is conducted in only one shift. Furthermore, the AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern is as follows:
- The entrance exam is a pen and paper-based test.
- There shall be 180 questions in total
- The exam is of 720 marks in total.
- Further, the questions are Multiple Choice Type
- Questions are asked from the subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- There are 45 questions each in Physics and Chemistry sections. Whereas, 90 questions shall be there in Biology (Zoology & Botany).
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
Exam Pattern Details of AIIMS 2021 MBBS is as follows-
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen & Paper-based)|
|AIIMS MBBS Number of Sessions||One|
|Medium of Language||English and Hindi (optional) + 9 other regional languages|
|Total Number of Questions||180 Questions|
|Questions Per Section||Physics – 45 Questions|
Chemistry- 45 Questions
Biology (Botany+Zoology)- 90 Questions
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions|
|Marking Scheme||Total Marks- 720 marks|
Correct Answer – 1 mark
Incorrect Answer – 1/2 negative marking
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Exam Centers
Candidates can choose their AIIMS 2021 Exam Center at the time of Final Registration. The allocation of the venue is based on the availability of the seats. The Decision of the AIIMS regarding the allotment of the center, day, and shift is final. Candidates can further get the details of the allotted exam centre on the admit card. After the release of the hall ticket, the exam centre cannot be changed. Furthermore, students should know the exact location of the exam centre to avoid trouble on the exam day.
AIIMS MBBS Syllabus 2021
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Syllabus comprises 11th and 12th Standard subject topics. Questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Zoology/ Botany), and English. Questions are also asked from General Knowledge. Some of the Important Topics from each subject section is mentioned down below-
|Physics||Circular Motion, Electricity, First Law of Thermodynamics, Wave Motion, etc.|
|Chemistry||Molecule and Chemical Bond, Atomic Structure, Equilibrium, State of Matter, etc.|
|Zoology||Anatomy and Physiology, Genetics and Evolution, Histology, Reproductive System|
|Botany||Absorption and Cell Water Relations, Transport of Water and Minerals, Internal Structure of Stem and Secondary Growth, Transpiration and Turgor Movements, etc.|
|General Knowledge||Current Affairs, Books and Authors, Science and History, etc.|
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Answer Key
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences releases the answer key after the conclusion of the Examination. The Answer key is released online. Candidates who have appeared in the examination can check the answer key. However, the Institute does not release its answer key. Therefore, we provide you the Unofficial Answer Key by various coaching institutes. The AIIMS MBBS Answer Key 2021 contains all the correct answers to the questions that are asked in the examination. The Answer key is released for all the subjects separately.
The MBBS Answer key of AIIMS has several benefits such as you can check and compare your answers with the Answer Key. Through the Answer key, you can also get to know the correct answers to the questions. This shall give you an idea of approx score that you can secure in the AIIMS MBBS 2021 Entrance Registration.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Exam Analysis
Along with the release of the unofficial answer key, we also update you with the exam analysis. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences Paper Analysis shall give you a brief update regarding the difficulty level of the exam. We also update the questions that are asked in the exam. Through the analysis, candidates get to know the sections that were tough and what was the difficulty level of the question paper.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Result
The Result is released online and hence can be checked from the AIIMS website. The result is available in the form of scores and percentile secured by the candidate. Candidates can check the result by submitting their Registration ID and Password. The guide to check the AIIMS UG 2021 Result is further provided below for reference.
How to Check AIIMS MBBS Result 2021?
The Step by Step procedure to check the result is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS MBBS – www.aiimsexams.org
- Click on the “AIIMS MBBS 2021 Result” Link
- Log in using the credentials
- Enter your Application Number and Password and Submit button
- The Result then appears on the screen.
- Download and Take the printout of the result.
- Keep the printout safe until the admission procedure.
AIIMS MBBS Cut Off 2021
The minimum cut-off marks are set by the Exam Conducting Authority so as to select the eligible candidates. In order to qualify for the examination, the candidate has to score above the minimum cut-off marks. As per the AIIMS, the qualifying cut off for AIIMS MBBS 2021 is as follows-
- The Cut-off for General Category Candidates is 50% while for the OBC is 45% and for Reserved Candidates, the qualifying cut-off marks are 40%.
- The cut-off is on the basis of the percentile as the examination takes place in two shifts.
- Normalization Procedure is applied for the candidates to determine the qualifying criteria. Read More About the AIIMS MBBS Cut-off Marks.
The Merit List of AIIMS MBBS
Candidates scoring more than the cut-off marks are considered qualified. Selected candidates have to report AIIMS to undergo a special medical examination by the Institute.
Based on the competitive entrance examination, AIIMS MBBS Merit List is prepared. The Merit List comprises the name of the candidates who have qualified for the exam. It contains the Name of the candidate, Rank of the candidate, scores of the candidate, etc.
Tie Breaker Method
If two or a number of candidates secure the same number of marks, then the tie-breaker criteria are applied. Based on the below-mentioned criteria, candidates are ranked in the AIIMS MBBS 2021 Merit Rank List–
- Candidates with more marks in Biology get a higher rank.
- If the tie still exists, then candidates with more marks in Chemistry get a higher rank.
- If not, then the candidate with more marks in Physics is given a higher rank.
- After that, if the tie still exists then the candidate with less number of wrong answers is given a higher rank
- If still the ie exists, then the candidate with older in age is preferred.
The selected candidates have to undergo a Medical Examination that is set up by the Institute. If a candidate who is medically unfit shall not be eligible for admission.
The Counselling Procedure and Seat Allotment
The Counselling of All India Institute of Medical Sciences takes place after the release of the Merit List. In addition, only the merit list students can participate in the counseling round. The counseling is the last round of the selection procedure.
The Counselling Round of All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- On the basis of the ranks, candidates have to appear for the counselling round.
- The Merit List differ category-wise
- Further, candidates appear for counselling in order of merit only.
Documents Required in the Counselling 2021
Candidates have to carry their original documents to the counselling round. The Counselling Round takes place offline. Candidates must carry two to three sets of photo printouts of the documents.
The Candidates have to carry the following documents at the time of counselling-
- The Admit Card of All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- 10th Class Passing Certificate
- 12th Class Passing Certificate
- Mark sheet of Class 10th
- 12th Class Mark sheet.
- Rank Letter issued by AIIMS
If you are a Reserved Category Candidate/ PWD Candidate then you have to carry the following documents mentioned-
- Caste Certificate (SC/ ST) as issued by the Competent Authority.
- Physical Disability Certificate for PWD Candidates. The Certificate has to be duly constituted and authorized by Medical Boards. The PWD Certificate issued by any other authority/ hospital will not be entertained.
- OBC Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
List of Participating AIIMS MBBS Colleges in India
Currently, there are Nine AIIMS Medical Colleges participating in the admission process. Here, we have provided you a complete list of the AIIMS Colleges that offer admission. We have listed out the colleges in ranking order.
|Name of AIIMS College||Location of the College||Year of Establishment||Rank Order||Total Intake of Students|
|AIIMS Delhi||New Delhi||1956||1||100 Students|
|AIIMS Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh||2012||2||100 Students|
|AIIMS Bhubaneswar||Odisha||2012||3||100 Students|
|AIIMS Jodhpur||Rajasthan||2012||4||100 Students|
|AIIMS Patna||Bihar||2012||5||100 Students|
|AIIMS Raipur||Chhatisgarh||2012||6||100 Students|
|AIIMS Rishikesh||Uttarakhand||2012||7||100 Students|
|AIIMS Nagpur||Maharashtra||2018||Not Available||50 students|
|AIIMS Guntur||Andhra Pradesh||2018||Not Available||50 students|
Future AIIMS Medical Colleges in India
|AIIMS Colleges||Location (State)|
|AIIMS Gorakhpur||Uttar Pradesh|
|AIIMS Kalyani||West Bengal|
|AIIMS Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh|
|AIIMS Tamil Nadu||Tamil Nadu|
|AIIMS Vijay Pur||Jammu Region|
|AIIMS Awantipora||Kashmir Region|
If you have any queries regarding the exam, then please comment on the section below.