NEET PG 2020 Entrance Examination will start from January 2020. The Post Graduation Course is done after completing MBBS. The National Board of Examinations is the main conducting body of NEET PG 2020. The NEET MBBS PG 2020 Exam offers admission in various MD/MS/PG Diploma Course across India. The Official Notification will be released in November 2019. The Application Forms will also be available along with the official brochure. The NEET PG Exam is conducted online and the candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can fill in the application form and submit it before the deadline date. The Admit Card will be available online on the official website. In this article, we have provided completed all details about NEET PG 2020 Exam, its important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, admit card etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Check NEET 2020
Highlights of NEET PG 2020
- The NEET PG Exam will be held online. Candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria are eligible to fill in the application form.
- The Exam is meant for the candidates who have already completed MBBS Exam and are planning to do Master’s/Post Graduation.
- The NEET PG 2020 Application Form will be available from November 2019 and the Exam is conducted in January 2020.
- All the details will be mentioned on the official website of NEET- National Board of Education.
What does NEET PG Offer?
NEET PG Offers the Medical Graduates admissions for Post Graduates in the following fields-
- Master of Surgery (MS)
- Doctor of Medicine (DM)
Check NEET MDS 2020
NEET PG 2020 Dates
The dates that are mentioned down are tentative. The Official Dates will be announced on the official website of National Board of Educations. The tentative dates are as follows-
|The release of the Information Brochure||November 2019|
|The release of the Application Form||November 2019|
|End Date of the Application Form||November 2019|
|Availability of Correction Window||December 2019|
|Demo Test||December 2019|
|Issuance of NEET PG Admit Card||December 2019|
|NEET PG Exam||January 2020|
|NEET PG Result||January 2020|
|NEET PG Rank Card||February 2020|
|NEET PG Merit List||February 2020|
|NEET PG AIQ 50% Merit List||February 2020|
|NEET PG Counselling 2020||March 2020|
About NEET PG 2020 Entrance Examination
The NEET PG Entrance Examination 2020 is held once in a year. The Exam is a Computer Based Test for Post Graduation Programs. The National Board of Examination is the conducting body of the Exam. The NEET Exam 2020 will be held in January 2020. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria will be eligible to attend the counselling process.
NEET PG 2020 Overview
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduation|
|Short Form||NEET PG 2020|
|Level of the Examination||National|
|Category of the Examination||Post Graduate|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
Medical Institutions that do not come under NEET PG 2020
The List of the Medical Institutions that do not come under the NEET PG is as follows-
- SGPGIMS Lucknow
- NIMHANS Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum.
Changes Made in NEET MBBS PG 2020
The Exam Conducting Authority has made a few changes on NEET 2020 PG. The list of the changes that are made in the NEET PG is as follows-
- The Shift Timings of the Examination has been changed. The Exam will be conducted in one shift from 3:30 pm to 7:00 Pm.
- The Exam Paper is divided into three parts- Part A, Part B, and Part C.
- Each part comprise of 50, 100, and 150 Questions.
- There will be a total of 148 Exam Cities across India to attempt the Examination.
- The Tie-Breaking Method to publish the NEET PG Merit List 2020 has been changed.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2020
The Eligibility Criteria is the most important part in NEET PG Admission process. It is mandatory for all the candidates to satisfy the eligibility criteria so as to appear for the Examination. The Eligibility Conditions of NEET PG 2020 is as follows-
- Candidates are required to possess an MBBS Degree.
- The Applicants must complete their one-year rotary internship by 31st March 2020.
- Candidates must possess a Provisional/ Permanent Registration Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India or State Media Council.
- The Applicants who have completed their MBBS in Jammu and Kashmir will be eligible for 50% All India Quota Seats only if they have been nominees of the Government of India for the Central Pool Quota Seats.
- Candidates must have Aadhaar Card as per the NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
NEET PG Application Form 2020
NEET PG Online Form 2020 will be available in November 2020. The Application Form will be available for a limited period of time on the website. The National Boards of Medical Examination will release the Application Online on the official website. The Application Form will be available on a separate link. The Mode of the NEET PG Application Form is online. Candidates have to submit the application form before the deadline date of the application form.
In the Application Form, the Applicants have to provide their Personal details, Educational Qualification details, and other information. It is mandatory to possess an Aadhaar Card for NEET PG 2020. Candidates are advised to fill in the application form correctly otherwise, the application form will be rejected.
How to Fill NEET PG Online Form 2020?
The step by step process to fill in the application form is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of NEET PG.
- Click on the Application Form Link.
- Register Yourself and you will receive a Registration ID and password.
- The Registration ID and the Password will be your Login Credentials.
- Log in using the credentials.
- Enter all the basic details and educational qualifications.
- Make the payment of the application fees and recheck all the details.
- Download and take the printout of the application.
- Keep the printout safe for future reference.
NEET PG Application Fees 2020
The Application Fees for NEET MBBS PG varies category to category. The Cost of the Application Fees for General and OBC Category is Rs 3750/-. The Application Fees for SC/ST/PWD Candidates is Rs 2750/-. Candidates who do not pay the application fees will get their application form rejected by the Examination Authority.
NEET PG 2020 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern is a necessary factor for the candidates who are appearing in the examination. The NEET 2020 Exam Pattern comprises the Pattern and Mode of the Examination. This will help the candidates to give an idea about the Examination Technique-
The Exam Pattern of NEET 2020 PG is as follows-
- The Mode of the Examination is Online. That means, it is a Computer Based Test.
- The Total Time Duration of the Examination is 3 Hours and 30 Minutes.
- The Format of the Questions will be Objective Based Multiple Choice Questions.
- A total of 300 Questions will be asked in the Examination.
- For every correct answer, 4 marks are rewarded and for every wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted.
- Zero Marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
- The Medium of the Examination is in English only.
- The Syllabus of the Examination will be based on the MBBS Curriculum including Pre-Clinical, Clinical, Para-Clinical Subjects.
Best Books for NEET PG 2020
During the preparation of NEET PG 2020, having a reference book is very much important. This will guide you in your preparation and will give you an idea of the type of the questions that are asked in the examination.
- All India PG Medical Entrance Examination with Answers by Gupta, Krishnamurthy, and Sethi.
- DAMS beat the NEET by Sumer K. Sethi
- Principles of Internal Medicine by Harrisons.
- All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Examinations by Akhil Rajput, Neeraj Wadhawan.
- NCERT Books of Class XI and XII – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination, Vol 2 and 3 by Amit Tripathi and Ashish Gupta.
NEET PG Mock Test 2020
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) has introduced a Mock Test Facility for the candidates to give them an idea of how to attempt the computer-based test. The Questions that will be asked in the Mock Test will not be repeated in the Entrance Examination. This test is only for the practice purpose for the candidates. No fee is charged for taking the mock test. To take the NEET PG 2020 Mock Test, candidates have to click on the mock test link available on the official website. Candidates have to sign in and start the mock test.
NEET PG Admit Card 2020
The NEET PG Admit Card will be available in December 2020. The NEET PG Admit Card will be issued only to those candidates who have submitted their Application Forms successfully. The Admit Card is a mandatory document that has to be carried by the candidate who is appearing the examination. The NEET PG Admit Card 2020 can be downloaded by entering Roll Number and Date of Birth (Password). Candidates will not be allowed without an Admit Card. The NEET PG Admit Card contains the candidate and the examination details.
How to Download NEET PG Admit Card 2020?
The step by step process to download the NEET PG Admit Card is as follows-
- Visit the Official website of NEET.
- Click on the Admit Card Link and you will be redirected to a new page
- Enter the required details – Registration Number and Date of Birth
- The Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take the printout of the Admit Card
- Keep the Admit Card safe until the completion of the Admission process.
The Admit Card of NEET PG will be released a few weeks before the NEET PG Entrance Examination. Candidates are advised to download the Admit Card before the date of the examination.
Check NEET PG 2020 Admit Card
NEET 2020 PG Syllabus
As mentioned earlier, the NEET PG Exam is divided into three parts- A, B, and C and the marks are allocated based on that. The NEET PG Syllabus 2020 in details are-
Part -A NEET PG Syllabus 2020
|Subject||Subject-Wise Weightage of Questions|
|Total Questions||50 Questions|
Part-B NEET 2020 PG Syllabus
|Subject||Subject-Wise Weightage of Questions|
|Forensic Medicine||10 Questions|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25 Questions|
|Total Number of Questions||100 Questions|
Part- C NEET Syllabus 2020
|Subject||Subject-Wise Weightage of Questions|
|General Medicine Including Dermatology and Venerology and Psychiatry||45 Questions|
|General Surgery Including Orthopedics, Anesthesia, and Radiodiagnosis||45 Questions|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||30 Questions|
NEET PG 2020 Exam Day Instructions
As we have told you earlier, the Examination will be conducted online. Therefore, we have listed out some of the important instruction details that have to be kept in mind during the examination day-
- Candidates must reach the Examination Center an hour before the reporting time.
- You must carry your Admit Card along with you. Otherwise, you will not be eligible to give the exam.
- You must carry a valid ID Proof (Aadhaar Card) necessary.
- Do not carry any Electronic Gadgets to the Examination Center.
- Make sure you follow the list of instructions printed on the Admit Card.
- Do not leave the Examination Hall before the end of the examination.
Check NEET PG 2020 Exam Center
NEET PG Result 2020
NEET PG Result will be declared on January 2020. The Result will be declared online by the National Board of Examination. The NEET 2020 PG Result includes the names of those candidates who have qualified in NEET PG Exam 2020. The NEET PG Result will be declared in the form of the scorecards for all the 50% All India Quota Seats. Candidates who qualify in the NEET PG Result will be eligible to attend the further selection rounds for admission.
Check NEET PG 2020 Result
NEET PG Merit List 2020
The NEET 2020 PG Merit List will be available along with the scorecard. The Merit List will comprise the name of those candidates who have been selected for the next round of the admission. The Merit List of NEET PG will contain the name of the candidate on the basis of rank. The Score and the Individual Rank of the candidate will be displayed on the NEET PG Merit List 2020. The Merit List will be released based on the NEET PG Scores secured by the candidate. Candidates scoring the highest number of marks will be ranked first in the Merit List.
Check NEET PG Exam Center 2020
NEET PG 2020 Cut Off
The Cut off is the minimum number of marks that are set by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) to select the deserving candidates. It is mandatory to score minimum qualifying marks. The NEET PG Cutoff Marks varies from category to category. The Cut off marks depend on the following factors-
- Difficulty Level of the Examination
- Number of Applicants Appeared the Examination.
- Availability of Number of Seats
The NBE PG Cutoff 2020 for various categories are as follows-
|General Category||50 %|
|General Person with Disability (PWD)||45%|
Check NEET PG 2020 Cutoff
NEET PG 2020 Counselling
The Counselling will be conducted online in March 2020. The Medical Council Committee conducts the counselling round for NEET PG. Candidates whose names have been shortlisted on the Merit List will be eligible to attend the counselling round. The Counselling will be held in two rounds- First and Second.
For the Counselling Round, candidates have to register themselves and start filling their choices of the institutions according to their preferences. The Allotment of Seats in various institutions will be provided based on their candidate’s merit list and opted preference.
Check NEET 2020 Counselling
Degree Speciality Courses
The Medical Counselling Committee conducts the NEET PG Counselling 2020. The Degree Courses that are offered by the NEET PG 2020 are-
- Community Health Admin
- Emergency Critical Care
- Family Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obst. Gynae
- Palliative Medicine
- Physical Medicine Rehabilitation
- Preventive Social Medicine
- Radio Diagnosis
- Radio Therapy
- Tb Respiratory Diseases
- Transfusion Medicine
- Tropical Medicine
- Md Sports Medicine
- Hospital Administration
Help Desk Information
|Contact Number/Helpline Number||1800 266 7075 (Toll-Free)|
|E-mail ID||[email protected]|
|Counseling Helpline Number|
|E-mail ID||[email protected]|
|Official Website||www.mcc.nic.in/ www.mohfw.nic.in|
|Help-Line Number||0120- 4073500/180010227637|
The Admission process will start from November 2020. Candidates can check all the details in the information brochure. The Application Form will be available in November 2020. Through NEET PG, candidates will be able to get admissions in different Post Graduate Courses. Hence, if you have any queries regarding the NEET PG 2020, then please comment on the section below.