AIIMS PG 2020: Candidates can check out the Result of AIIMS PG Counselling 2nd round here. Thus, the link to download the merit list result is given below. The Registration for July Session has started. Candidates’ can now apply, the link for registration is given down below. The Online Counselling Mock Round Result has been released. The link to check the result is given down below. Note that the schedule for the AIIMS PG Online Counselling is available. Moreover, a few changes have been introduced in the AIIMS PG Seat Position, wherein 5 more seats have been added to AIIMS, New Delhi. For more details check out the updates section. Note that the Admit Card for AIIMS-PG Courses has been uploaded. Candidates who have filled the form can download the admit card.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
AIIMS PG 2020
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi is responsible for admission in PG Courses, which includes – MD/MS/DM.M.Ch. However, the exam takes place twice a year. The AIIMS PAAR Registration Process is divided into two registration processes- Basic and Final Registration Process. The Official Website of AIIMS- www.aiimsexam.org. The AIIMS PG 2020 Entrance Exam Admission is a Computer Based Test that took place on 17th November 2019 for January 2020 Session and will take place 3rd May 2020 for July 2020 Session. So, candidates if you are eligible for the exam, then check this article. We have provided complete details regarding the exam.
Check – JIPMER PG 2020
Highlights of AIIMS PG 2020
- AIIMS PG stands for All India Institute of Medical Sciences Postgraduate Course.
- The All India Institute of Medical Science conducts the exam.
- The Entrance Exam of AIIMS PG will take place twice a year- January and July.
- The Exam offers admission in various Postgraduate Programs such as MD/MS/DM/M.Ch
- Candidates have to undergo different phases in order to get admission in the programme.
AIIMS PG 2020 Online Counselling II Round result has been released. Moreover, the information brochure having details about the round is available.
- The Registration for AIIMS PG July Session has started. Candidates’ can thus now apply for the courses.
- AIIMS PG 2020 Vacant Seat List for the 2nd Round of Counselling has been released. Moreover, the Mock Round Result of Online Counselling is also available.
- The Online Counselling for the AIIMS PG Jan. session has started. The first round is already over and the result of the round will be released on 06 December 2019.
- AIIMS PG Stage II Result has been announced. Candidates can check the AIIMS Postgraduate Result here.
- AIIMS-PG Admit Card for January 2020 session is now available. Download the hall ticket now. You need to carry it to the exam hall. No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam centre without it.
- A Notice has been released for PWBD Candidates, who will be appearing for AIIMS PG 2020 Entrance Exam. For more details, check out the notice given down below.
- Note that the Stage- I Result of DM/ MD/ MCH is now released.
- AIIMS PG Final Registration has been started from 27th September 2019. The last date of the final registration process is 11th October 2019. Apply for AIIMS PG Final Registration.
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Dates
The AIIMS Post Graduate 2019- 2020 Admission Session is provided below. The Online Registration for January Session is now available. Candidates can check the dates and get an idea regarding the admission schedule here.
Online Basic Registration Dates
|Start of Online basic registration||May 6, 2019 (Started)|
|Last date to register||27th August 2019 (5:00 pm)|
|Status of basic registration and correction in deficiencies||September 3, 2019|
|Last date to rectify the deficiency in the basic registration||September 9, 2019, up to 5:00 PM|
|Final Status of the Basic Registration||16th September 2019|
|Generation of Code (only for accepted basic registered candidates)||16th September 2019 to 11th October 2019 (5:00 pm)|
Final Registration Schedule
|Date of Uploading Prospectus for Sponsored/Foreign National Candidates||26th September 2019|
|Date of Online Final Registration (only for the candidates who have generated the code)||27th September 2019 to 11th October 2019|
|Date of Checking the Status of the Final Registration (accepted/rejected with reasons)||21st October 2019|
|Last Date of Submission of required documents for the rejected application form||25th October 2019|
|Last Date of receiving the application form duly recommended and forwarded with NOC||25th October 2019|
|Last Date of Submission of Sponsored Certificate||25th October 2019|
|Finalization of Centers and Release of Admit Card||30th October 2019 (Released)|
|Date of the AIIMS PG Entrance Exam||17th November 2019|
|Final Seat Position||19th November 2019|
|Declaration of the Result||22nd November 2019|
|Exercising of Choices||2nd December 2019|
|Open Round of Seat Allocation/Counselling||20th February 2020|
AIIMS PG July 2020 Session- Basic Registration Schedule
|Starting Date of the Online Basic Registration||27th November 2019|
Check FMGE 2020
Why AIIMS PG 2020?
As you all know that the All India Institute of Medical Sciences is one of the reputable Institutions in India. The AIIMS PG motive is to provide opportunities for training teachers for various medical colleges in our country. Another objective of AIIMS 2020 Post Graduate Admission is to bring together one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all the important branches of health activity to attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education.
AIIMS PG 2020 Overview
|Name of the Examination||All India Institute of Medical Sciences Post Graduate Entrance Examination|
|Also called as||AIIMS PG|
|Level of the Examination||Post Graduate|
|Conducting Body||AIIMS, New Delhi|
AIIMS PG Courses 2020: MD/ MS/ MDS/ M.Ch
The MD is referred to as the Post Graduate Degree which is a three-year course for the Medical Graduates that deals with the branches that do not require any surgical skills. the MD is awarded in Non-Clinical as well as Clinical Branches.
Non-Clinical Branches for MD are- Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Microbiology, Pathology etc. Clinical Branches for MD are – General Medicine, Pediatrics, Anesthesiology Radiology, Dermatology etc.
The MS refers to the Post Graduate Degree which requires surgical skills. The Non-Clinical Branch is Anatomy. The Clinical Branches for MS are General Surgery, ENT, Opthalmology, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, etc.
MDS is called a Master of Dental Surgery which is a Post Graduate Dentistry Course.
M.Ch is equivalent in terms of Super Specialty Degree which is done after MS only and it has similar criteria as DM.
Check NEET MDS 2020
What is the Duration of these AIIMS PG Courses?
The Course Duration for MD/MS/MDS/M.Ch/DM is Six Years and the Course Duration for DM/M.Ch (3 years) and MD (Hospital Administrator) is for three years. These courses are for the
AIIMS PG 2020 MS/ MD/ MDS – Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit of the Candidate
- The Upper Age Limit of the Candidate must be 35 years.
- For MD/MS Degrees, candidates must hold an MBBS Degree from University recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- For MDS Degree, BDS Degree from a University recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- The Applicant must have completed 12 months compulsory Internship/Practical on or before July 2020.
Minimum Qualifying Marks in MBBS/BDS
- The Minimum Marks for General and OBC Category is 55% marks in aggregate.
- For SC and ST Category, the minimum qualifying marks are 50%
- The PWBD (General and OBC Category) must have scored a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- PWBD (General/ SC/ST) must have scored a minimum of 50% marks aggregate.
It is necessary to satisfy the eligibility criteria of AIIMS PG Courses 2020. Candidates failing to satisfy the eligibility criteria are not eligible to fill in the application form.
Check NEET PG 2020
AIIMS PG 2020 Reservation Criteria
According to the Official Notification of AIIMS PG 2020- 49.5% of the total postgraduate seats are reserved for SC/ST/OBC Category. The reservation criteria for each category is as follows-
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|For MD/MS||5% seats are reserved for benchmark disabilities. The reservation is provided on a horizontal basis as per their rank|
|For MDS||One Seat Reservation for PWBD|
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form
AIIMS PG Application Form 2020 is available online on the official website of AIIMS- www.aiimsexams.org. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria will be eligible to fill in the application form. The AIIMS PG Basic Registration Form was released on 6th July 2019. The Application Form is divided into two stages- Basic Registration Process and Final Registration Process. The mode of filling the application form is online. The AIIMS 2020 Post Graduate Online Form is a mandatory step for all the applicants who are willing to get admission in AIIMS.
Check JIPMER MBBS 2020
How to Fill AIIMS PG 2020 Online Form?
The Step by Step Procedure to fill in the AIIMS PAAR Registration Form is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS – www.aiimsexams.org
- Click on AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form Link
- Now click on the “New Registration” and enter all the personal and academic details.
- After filling all the details, click on save and proceed option after filling all the details.
- After entering all the details, proceed to make the payment of the application fees.
- Make the payment, and then select the exam city and upload the required documents.
- Select the exam city as per your preference. It has to be noted that the exam city once selected cannot be changed further
- Now upload the scanned documents as per the specifications.
- After uploading the documents, click on the submit button
- Take the printout of the application form and keep it safe for future reference.
Specification of AIIMS PG Documents 2020
- The Photograph of the candidate must be scanned.
- It should be in JPEG/GIF/PNG Format
- The Size of the scanned photograph must be between 50 Kb to 100 Kb
- The Dimension of the photograph must be 35mm X 45mm
- The Signature of the applicant must be scanned.
- The Format of the scanned signature must be in JPEG/PNG/GIF Format
- The Size of the signature must be between 10 Kb to 50 Kb
- The Dimension of the scanned signature must be 63mm X 63mm
Left-Hand Thumb Impression
- Candidates must upload their scanned left-hand thumb impression.
- The Format of the Thumb Impression must be in JPEG/GIF/PNG Format
- The Size of the signature must be 10 to 50 Kb
- The Dimension of the Left-Hand Thumb Impression must be 43mm X 43mm.
Application Fees of AIIMS PG 2020
The cost of the application form varies from a category to category. Candidates have to make the payment of the application form at the time of filling the application form. The application fees of AIIMS PG 2020 is as follows-
- The Application Fees for General and OBC Category is Rs 1500/- + Transaction Charges
- The Cost of the Application Fees for SC/ST Category is Rs 1200/- + Transaction Charges
- Candidates who come under OPH/PWD Category are exempted for making the payment.
The Mode of Application Fees Payment is online (Credit card/Debit Card/Internet Banking)
The Link to fill the application form will be available for a limited period of time. Therefore the candidates are requested to submit their online forms before the closing date of the application form. Candidates are advised to fill the application form with correct details.
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form Status
After the submission of the AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form, a separate link will be available to check the application status. The Status confirms whether your application is accepted or rejected. Candidates whose application form is rejected will not be able to move in for further process. These candidates will not be issued with an Admit Card. Candidates whose application form has been submitted successfully will be issued with an Admit Card for appearing the exam.
AIIMS PG 2020 Admit Card
After the closing date of the AIIMS PG Application Form, the Exam Conducting Authority releases the AIIMS PG, Admit Card. The Admit Card will be available online on the official website of AIIMS. The Admit Card whose application form is submitted successfully will be issued with Admit Card. To download the Admit Card, you have to enter your Application Number and Password. The AIIMS PG Admit Card serves as an Identity Proof for all the applicants. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an Admit card.
How to Download AIIMS PG 2020 Admit Card?
The step by step process to download the AIIMS PG Admit Card is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS- www.aiimsexams.org
- Click on the AIIMS Admit Card 2020 Link
- You will be now redirected to a new page.
- Enter the required details – Application Number and Password
- The Admit Card of AIIMS PG will be displayed on the screen
- Check all the details carefully.
- Download and take the printout of the Admit card
- Keep the printout of the AIIMS PG Admit Card 2020 safe till the completion of the Admission Procedure.
Details Printed on AIIMS PG 2020 Admit Card
The details that are printed on AIIMS PG 2020 Admit Card is as follows-
- Name of the Candidate
- The Photo and Signature of the candidate
- Roll Number of the candidate
- Exam Date and Time
- The Venue of the Examination
- Reporting Time of the examination
- List of the Instructions that have to be followed by the candidate
The Admit Card of AIIMS PG 2020 will be available for a limited period of time. Candidates are advised to download their Admit Card before the date of the examination. You must carry a Valid Photo Identity Proof such as Voter ID Card/Passport/Aadhaar card/Driving License along with the Admit Card. You will not be allowed to appear the examination if you do not carry your Admit Card. If there is any discrepancy in the Admit Card then contact their Toll-Free Number – 1800117898 or e-mail on [email protected]
Check NEET 2020
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Centers
Applicants can choose their examination city center at the time of filling the application form. You can select the chosen exam city after making the payment of the application fees. The Examination City will be allotted to the candidate on the basis of first come first serve and availability of the seats. The exam city once chosen cannot be changed further.
The AIIMS PG Exam will be conducted in eight zones
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
If in case any of the exam city is canceled due to an insufficient number of candidates, then AIIMS will make necessary arrangements for such candidates.
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Following are the exam pattern of AIIMS PG 2020
MD/MS Exam Pattern
- The Mode of the Examination is Computer Based Test.
- Questions will be available in Multiple Choice Objective Type Format.
- The Total Time Duration of the Examination is 3 Hours (180 Minutes)
- Total Number of Questions – 200 Questions
- For every correct answer 1 mark is added and for every wrong answer, 1/3rd marks are deducted.
- The Mode of the Examination Paper is Online.
- The Syllabus of the Examination is based on the MBBS Programs.
Exam Pattern of MDS Course
- The Exam will be conducted online (Computer Based Test).
- Questions will be available in Objective Type Format.
- The Total Time Duration of the CBT is 1 Hour and 30 Minutes (90 Minutes)
- Total Number of Questions – 90 Objective Type Questions
- For each correct answer 1 mark is awarded and for every wrong answer, 1/3rd marks are deducted.
- The Syllabus of the Examination is the syllabus taught during BDS.
You can read the AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Pattern in details.
AIIMS PG 2020 Syllabus
The AIIMS PG 2020 Syllabus will be based on the graduate degree knowledge in the respective fields. Some of the important topics are-
- Community Medicine
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Dermatology and Venereology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Syllabus for Master of Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
Syllabus for Dental Surgery
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
AIIMS PG 2020 Answer Key
The AIIMS PG 2020 Official Answer key will not be available. The Unofficial Answer Key will be available by the various coaching institutes. Through the Answer Key, candidates will be able to tally their answers. The AIIMS PG Answer Key 2020 will contain all the correct answers.
Contact Information of AIIMS PG 2020
Assistant Controller (Exams)
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110608
Toll-Free Number – 1800 117 898 (Monday to Saturday 9:30 am to 6:30 pm)
AIIMS PG 2020 Result
The AIIMS PG 2020 Result will be available online. Candidates who have appeared the exam can check their results on the official website. The result will be available online in the form of AIIMS PG 2020 Merit List. The list will contain the name of the candidates who have qualified the exam. Candidates who have scored the minimum qualifying marks will be able to participate in the next selection stages. The List for AIIMS Post Graduate Result 2020 will be prepared on the basis of the percentile score and tie-breaking criteria. The minimum cutoff score for AIIMS is 50%. There will be two types of Merit List available – Overall and Category-Wise. Candidates with higher percentile will receive a higher rank.
Selection Procedure of AIIMS PG 2020
Candidates have to undergo through the two-stage evaluation process. The First Stage is a Written Test of 80 marks. In stage II, candidates who have scored more than 50th percentile will be called for a departmental/clinical/lab based assessment examination. This test carries 20 marks. The Final Marks will be declared on the basis of the total of Stage I and Stage II Examination.
How to Check AIIMS PG Result 2020?
The step by step process to check the AIIMS PG Result is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS PG 2020 -www.aiimsexams.org.
- Click on the AIIMS PG Result 2020 Link
- The Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Check your Result and keep it safe for future reference
AIIMS PG 2020 Counselling
The Counseling Round of AIIMS PG 2020 will be released online on the official website of AIIMS- www.aiimsexams.org. Candidates who are shortlisted on the Merit List will be on the basis of the Merit List or the marks scored by them. There will be a total two rounds of counselling and one open round counselling. The shortlisted candidates will receive their notification on their registered mobile number and e-mail id. Candidates who are shortlisted on the merit list will be called out for counselling.
How To Apply for AIIMS PG 2020 Counselling?
The Steps to fill for AIIMS PG Counselling 2020–
- Fill in the Preference Form
- On the basis of the availability of seats, click on the choice filling.
- Candidates securing a seat in the preferred course will not be allowed to participate in the further round of counselling.
- Make the payment of the fees to avoid the rejection of the candidature
- If the candidate is not allotted any seat then he/she can apply for the second round of counselling.
- The Applicants who have not taken any seat provisionally can also attend the second round of counselling.
List of the Documents required at the time of counselling
The documents that are required at the time of AIIMS PG Counselling 2020 is as follows-
- Class 10th and 12th Mark Sheet
- 10th and 12th Class Passing Certificate
- AIIMS PG 2020 Admit Card
- Qualifying Degree Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving Certificate from the Institute last attended.
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Nationality Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Nationality Certificate
- Proof of Internship
- Demand Draft of Requisite Fees
Total Number of Seats in AIIMS PG 2020
The Total Number of Seats for MD/M.Ch/MS/DM Courses are-
|AIIMS Institutes||Total Number of Seats|
|AIIMS New Delhi||172 Seats|
|AIIMS Bhopal||51 Seats|
|AIIMS Bhubaneswar||32 Seats|
|AIIMS Jodhpur||64 Seats|
|AIIMS Rishikesh||16 Seats|
|AIIMS Raipur||15 Seats|
|Total Number of Seats||350 Seats|