Candidates who are willing to appear the AIIMS UG Entrance Examination can check the AIIMS Exam Pattern 2020 here. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences is responsible for conducting the entrance examination. The Exam takes place in May 2020 for two days in two shifts. It is very necessary to know about the AIIMS Exam Pattern before starting for the preparation. Therefore we have written this article that talks about the complete Examination Pattern of AIIMS MBBS Exam 2020, its qualifying marks, syllabus, recommended books, important dates, tie-breaker criteria and much more. So, if you are the one among, then this article can be a lot of help to you.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Highlights of AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2020
- The AIIMS Entrance Examination is the MBBS UG National Level Entrance Examination.
- The All India Institute of Medical Sciences conducts the exam every year.
- The exam takes place in May 2020 for two days in two shifts.
- This is a Computer Based Test comprising of 200 Multiple Choice Questions.
- The Exam offers admission in different AIIMS Medical Colleges across India.
AIIMS Exam 2020 Dates
The Conducting Body has not released the Official Exam Dates for the AIIMS 2020. But we have provided the tentative dates down below-
|Events||Dates Scheduled (Tentative)|
|Starting Date of the Registration Process||November 2019|
|Last Dates for Basic Registration Process||Jan 2020|
|Final Registration Process||March 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card||May 2020|
|Dates of the Entrance Examination||May 2020|
AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2020
If you want to appear the AIIMS Entrance Examination, then having the Admit Card is very important. Only those candidates will be allowed to appear the AIIMS Exam who have been issued with an AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2020. Candidates can be able to download the Admit card by submitting their Registration Number and Password. Candidates will not be able to appear the exam without an Admit Card.
|Manav Rachna University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Chandigarh University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Lovely Professional University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Bennett University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Shiv Nadar University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
AIIMS Exam Pattern 2020
The AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination will be conducted online in May 2020. The Exam is held for two days consecutively in two shifts (morning and afternoon), which means that the exam is held in a total of four shifts. The complete details of the Examination Pattern of AIIMS MBBS 2020 are as follows-
- The Mode of the Examination is Online (Computer Based Test)
- The Total Time Duration of the Examination is 31/2 Hours (210 Minutes)
- The Examination Paper comprises of five sections- Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany/Zoology), General Knowledge, and Aptitude and Logical Thinking.
- English and Hindi is the Medium of the Question Paper.
- The AIIMS Exam comprises of 200 Multiple Choice Questions.
Marking Scheme of AIIMS Exam Pattern 2020
As mentioned earlier, the exam comprises of 200 Multiple Choice Questions. The Entrance Exam follows a strict marking scheme which is applicable to all the candidates.
- Every Correct Answer, 1 mark is rewarded to the applicants.
- For every Incorrect Answer, 1/3rd marks will be deducted.
- For Unanswered Questions, no marks are given.
Distribution of Questions and Marks in AIIMS Exam Pattern 2020
The Entrance Examination comprises of five sections-
- Biology (Zoology and Botany)
- General Knowledge
- Aptitude and Logical Thinking
|Section||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Physics||60 Questions||60 Marks|
|Chemistry||60 Questions||60 Marks|
|Biology||60 Questions||60 Marks|
|General Knowledge||10 Questions||10 Marks|
|Aptitude and Logical Thinking||10 Questions||10 Marks|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks|
Minimum Qualifying Marks of AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2020
The Qualifying Cut Off Marks of AIIMS MBBS Exam is different according to the category. The Cut off Marks is the minimum number of marks that have to be scored by the candidates in order to get selected for the further stages of the admission process.
- The minimum qualifying marks for General and OBC Category is 60%.
- The minimum qualifying marks for Reserved Category (SC/ST/PWD) Candidates is 50%
AIIMS MBBS Marking Scheme 2020 – Importance
The AIIMS Exam Pattern plays a very important role in the preparation of the exam. Through the AIIMS Exam Pattern 2020, candidates will be able to know about the format of how the questions are asked. This will also help the applicants to schedule and prepare for their exam. This will also help in analyzing the scoring and difficulty level of the questions asked in the entrance examination.
Difficulty Level and Syllabus of AIIMS Exam Pattern 2020
By now you must have known about the Exam Pattern of AIIMS MBBS Exam 2020. Now it’s very important to know about the syllabus of the exam. Through the syllabus, you will get to know about the topics from which the questions will be asked and on basis of that, candidates will be able to schedule their preparation based on the difficulty level of the questions.
Syllabus of AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2020
Questions from Class 11th and 12th Science CBSE will be asked in the Entrance Examination. Below we have mentioned some of the important topics of Class 11th and 12th from each section.
|Optic Ray||Solids and Semi-Conductor Devices||Modern Physics: Atomic|
|X-Ray||Laws of Motion||Current Electricity|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||Gravitation||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Wave Motion||Electrostatics||Dual Nature of Mattern and Radiation|
|Chemical Equilibrium||General Organic Chemistry||Chemical Bonding|
|Mole Concepts||Alkanes||Chemical Thermodynamics|
|S-Block Elements||Transition Elements (d and f Block)||Electrochemistry|
|Genetics and Evolution||Cell Division||Cell Respiration|
|Ecology||Biotechnology and its Applications||Plant Water Relation|
|Human Health Diseases||Photosynthesis||Plantae|
General Knowledge and Aptitude and Logical Syllabus
|Geography||Internet Organizations||Aptitude Questions|
|India Independence||Computer Science||Reasoning Questions|
The difficulty level of the questions depends on the type of the questions asked in the examination. Questions are asked from Class 11th and 12th CBSE Syllabus.
Recommended Books for AIIMS Exam Pattern 2020
We have listed out a few books that are known to be the best for AIIMS MBBS Preparation. The unique quality of these books are, these are elaborative and all the topics are explained in details. You can get these books for reference in your preparation.
- First and Foremost the most recommended book for AIIMS MBBS 2020 are the CBSE NCERT Books.
- Modern ABC Chemistry for Class 11th and 12th. The Book covers all the topics in details.
- Prakash Objective Zoology- Prefect for AIIMS Preparation.
- Trueman’s Objective Biology for Medical Entrance Examination (Volume I and II)
- AC Dutta Botany (Oxford) Publication.
- Trueman’s Elementary Biology (Volume I and II)
How to Use Optical Response Sheet in AIIMS Exam 2020
- The AIIMS MBBS Exam Paper comprises of 200 Multiple Choice Questions.
- The Exam is conducted online (Computer Based Test).
- Candidates who are appearing the exam are provided with an Optical Response Sheet to mark their answers.
- This has to be done online. The candidate has to select the appropriate circle given against the four options provided for each question.
- This can be done by clicking on the right answer using the virtual keypad.
Important Instructions Regarding AIIMS Exam 2020
- It is a Computer Based Entrance Examination.
- The Time Duration is 3 Hours and 30 Minutes.
- There is negative marking for every wrong answer.
- 200 Multiple Choice Questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and General Knowledge.
AIIMS MBBS Tie-Breaker Criteria
The Tie-Breaking Criteria is determined by the following factors-
- Candidates scoring more marks in Biology is determined with a higher rank
- The Applicants scoring more marks in Chemistry will be determined with a higher rank.
- If still the tie exists, candidates with more marks in Physics will be given a higher rank.
- If the tie still persists, candidates older in age is given the priority.
AIIMS Exam 2020 Result
The AIIMS MBBS Result will be declared in June 2020. The Result will be declared in the form of Merit List. Candidates who have scored more than the qualifying marks will be eligible to attend the counselling process. AIIMS Result 2020 includes the Name of the candidate, Overall Rank of the Candidate, Subject-Wise Percentile etc.
So, if you are appearing AIIMS MBBS 2020, then you can check AIIMS Exam Pattern 2020 here. I hope this article helps you in your preparation.