AIIMS Counselling 2020 will start from the first week of July onwards. The Counselling will take place online. Candidates who have got the qualifying scores will be eligible to appear the counselling round. There will be a total of four rounds of AIIMS Counselling including an Open Round Counselling. If there is any vacancy in the seats, after the completion of the counselling round, then an Additional Spot Round will take place. On the basis of the Merit Position, candidates will have to appear the AIIMS MBBS Counselling Round. In this article, we have provided complete details about the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Counselling, process and much more. In the counselling, candidates will be called from each category will be four times than the number of seats.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
AIIMS Counselling 2020 Schedule MBBS
The Official Dates of AIIMS Counselling 2020 will be released soon. The First Round of Counselling of AIIMS MBBS will start from July 2020. To know about the latest updates and notifications, you can check the official website. The tentative dates of AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2020 are as follows-
|AIIMS MBBS Exam Dates||25th and 26th May 2020|
|Declaration of Result||June 2020|
|Counselling Startin Date||July 2020|
|Mock Counselling Round|
|Counselling Registration||First Week of July 2020|
|Last Date of Filling Choices||Second Week of July 2020|
|Mock Allotment Result||Second Week of July 2020|
|First Round of Counselling|
|Edit/Delete of Choices Filled||Second Week of July 2020|
|Last Date of Submission of Choices||The third week of July 2020|
|Declaration of the Result||Third Week of July 2020|
|Last Date to Accept/Refuse the Seats||Fourth Week of July 2020|
|Last Date for the submission of the documents||Fourth Week of July 2020|
|Second Round of Counselling|
|Exercising of the Choices||First Week of August 2020|
|Last Date to Submit the Preferences||First Week of August 2020|
|Declaration of the Results||Second Week of August 2020|
|Refuse and Accept of the Allotted Seats||Third Week of August 2020|
|Last Date to Submit the Documents||Fourth Week of August 2020|
|Third Round of Counselling|
|Filling of Choices||First Week of September 2020|
|Last Date of Submitting the Choices||First Week of September 2020|
|The announcement of the Result||Second Week of September 2020|
|Accept/Refusal of the Allotted Seats||Second Week of September 2020|
|Last Date of the Submission of the documents||Second Week of September 2020|
|Open Round of Counselling|
|Online Registration||Third Week of September 2020|
|Last Date for Registration||Fourth Week of September 2020|
|Display of the tentative vacant seats||October 2020|
AIIMS Counselling 2020
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences will release the AIIMS Counselling Letters online. Candidates who have been shortlisted on the merit list will be eligible for appearing in the counselling round. In the counselling process, you have to register and start filling and locking the choices of colleges and courses. The Link for the counselling process will be available for a limited period of time. Candidates must make sure that they register and submit their choices, before the closing date. The allotment of seats will be done on the basis of the availability of the seats. This year, it is expected that more than 10, 000 seats will be offered in 15 AIIMS Institutes.
Check – AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2020
AIIMS MBBS Cutoff 2020 – Qualifying Percentile
The All India Institutes of Medical Sciences have set a minimum qualifying mark for the candidates for the selection process. The main reason behind the minimum cutoff marks is to filter out the deserving candidates for the admission process. The AIIMS Cutoff Marks and percentage (previous year) is as follows-
|Category||Cut-Off Marks||Qualifying Percentile|
Candidates who score the minimum qualifying marks will be eligible to register for the counselling round.
Check- AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2020
AIIMS Counselling 2020 Rounds
There will be four rounds of counselling that will take place online. If you are eligible to register for the counselling round, then you must know about what and how many rounds of AIIMS MBBS Counselling are there.
Mock Round AIIMS Counselling 2020
The Mock Round of Counselling will be held first. It is basically, a trial session to make the candidates aware with the process of AIIMS 2020 MBBS Counselling. In short, this is basically a seat allocation process which is done before the actual counselling process. Through the mock counselling process, candidates get an idea about how the online counselling process takes place.
First Round of AIIMS Counselling 2020
The First Round of Counselling will take place in the second week of July 2020. The AIIMS First Round of Counselling will take place on the basis of the ranks of the candidates. The Top Rankers of AIIMS MBBS 2020 Merit List will be called out for AIIMS MBBS Counselling.
AIIMS Second Round Counselling 2020
Candidates who were not allotted seats in the first round of counselling can be eligible for the second round of counselling. The Second Round of AIIMS Counselling is also applicable to the applicants whose ranks are eligible to appear in the second round of counselling. The process of the second round counselling will be the same as that of the first.
AIIMS MBBS Third Round of Counselling 2020
The Third Round of AIIMS MBBS Counselling will take place in September 2020. Candidates who were not allotted seats in the second round counselling can take part in AIIMS MBBS Third Round of Counselling.
Open Round/Spot Round of AIIMS Counselling 2020
If there are any seats left vacant after the counselling round, then the Open/Spot Round Counselling takes place. Candidates who were not allotted seats in the first, second and third round of counselling can take part in this round.
Check – AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2020
AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2020 Process
The AIIMS Counselling 2020, includes the following stages
- Filling and Locking of Choices
- The announcement of the Mock Counselling Results
- Editing and Submission of the Final Choices
- Seat Allotment Results
- Accept or Refusal of Allotted Seats
- Reporting to the Allotted Institute
Check- AIIMS Syllabus 2020
AIIMS Counselling 2020 Procedure
As we have mentioned earlier, the Counselling Round includes three rounds followed by a Mock Round Counselling and Open Round of AIIMS Counselling 2020. On the basis of the ranks of the candidates on the merit list, the Counselling Round will take place. The Merit list includes the minimum cutoff percentage and percentile.
Step-I AIIMS Counselling 2020 Registration
The Candidate Registration is very important in the process of AIIMS Counselling 2020. If you are a first-time user, then registration is a must. And if you are already a user, then you then you can log in using the credentials.
To start with the registration process, you will have to enter your Candidate ID and Password. After entering, you will be redirected to a new page and a new tab will be opened for the applicants who are eligible for the counselling process. Now, register yourselves entering all the required details asked and change the password. It is always advised to change the password for better safety.
Step-II Filling and Locking of the Choices (Selection of the AIIMS Institutes)
In this step, candidates have to make choices from the list of the colleges and courses available from the list. To add a choice, you have to click on the drop-down menu and select the AIIMS Institute and click on the add-choice. To remove the choices, click on the “Delete Button”. After making all the changes/modifications, you need to save the changes. To reorder the choices, click on the up-down arrows from the choice of the institutes selected.
Once the options are submitted, you must submit and lock the choices and accept the declaration form. Recheck, all the details before submitting.
Step- III Mock Allotment Result
The Mock Test Results will be announced in the first round of counselling only. The Mock Test Results will be just for the trial purpose. It helps to indicate which AIIMS College is likely to be allotted as per their present preferences.
Step -IV Editing and Submission of the Final Choices
In this step, candidates will be given the opportunity to edit and delete the choices submitted before. You must note that the choices cannot be edited once it is submitted. To submit the new choices, you have to click on the “Submit and Lock Choices” tab option. After the submission, a declaration page will be displayed, click on accept and proceed. Click on “Submit and Lock” for the final submission.
Check – AIIMS MBBS Result 2020
Step-V Acceptance/ Refusal of Seats
In this process, you have to choose whether you want to keep the seat (admission) or refuse for the admission. To perform this, you need to follow any of the following actions mentioned below-
- Option-1 Accepting the Seats – If you are willing to take admission in AIIMS MBBS Seats, then you have to click on the “Seat Accept” option. To perform this you have to log in using your Candidate ID and Password and click on the option. After that report, the allotted college with required documents.
- Option-2 Refusal of Seats – If in case you do not wish to take admission in the AIIMS, then you can click on “Refuse” option by logging in. If you do not perform any action, then it will be considered that you have accepted the allotted seats.
- Option-3 Accept the seats and wish to participate in the subsequent rounds – This option indicates that you can accept the seats and can also participate in the further process of counselling.
- Option-4 Refuse the seat and wish to appear in the further rounds – In this option, the candidate can refuse the seat and wish to appear for the further rounds.
Step- VI Failure to Select an Option
If you fail to log in and select an option, within the particular date and time then he/she will lose the allotted seats. They will not be eligible to appear the further counselling rounds.
Step-VII Reporting Allotted Colleges
After the acceptance of the seats, the selected candidate has to report the college with relevant documents. In the college, the document verification will take place and so the admission process will be completed. Candidates must take a set of photocopies and original documents along with the Demand Draft.
List of the Documents Required at the Time of Document Verification
The Documents that are required at the time of AIIMS Document Verification is as follows-
- Offer Letter
- Registration Slip of AIIMS MBBS 2020
- AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2020
- Self-Attested Copy of Certificate in Proof of Passing Class 12th from a recognized board or university
- Self-Attested Copy of Certificate from Board of Date of Birth.
- Class 12th Mark Sheets (self-attested).
- Demand Draft of Rs 1 Lakh only in the name of the Allotted Institute.
- Six Recent Passport Size Photographs
Candidates who belong to the reserved categories have to submit the following documents-
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority. The Certificate must be in English and Hindi. The community must be mentioned clearly.
- OBC Certificate issued by the Authority of the Central Government Jobs/ For Admission in the Central Government/Institute.
- Disability Certificate issued from the duly constituted and authorized Medical Board.
- The OBC Candidates should not belong to creamy layer. The certificate must be in Central Government Format.
- The Name, Designation and the Seal of the Officer should be legible in the certificate.
Eligibility Criteria of AIIMS Counselling 2020
The Eligibility Criteria conditions of AIIMS Counselling 2020 is as follows-
- Candidates who have been allotted seats in the round one, but have selected either option 3 and 4 can participate in the second round.
- Applicants who did not get a seat in the first round.
- Students who have scored 50% marks in AIIMS, but were not eligible for the first round. These candidates will be eligible to attend the open and spot counselling rounds.
- The candidate who did register in the Mock Round/First Round but did not fill any choices, will not be allowed for further counselling rounds.
Check AIIMS MBBS Cutoff 2020
AIIMS MBBS Seat Matrix 2020
Every Year, AIIMS New Delhi releases the seat matrix indicating the number of seats offered by the participating AIIMS institutes. The Availability of the AIIMS Seats are as follows-
|AIIMS Institute||General Category||OBC||SC||ST||PWD||Foreign||Total|
AIIMS MBBS Fee Structure
Academic & Other Fees
Hostel & Other Fees
Student Union Fee
Mess Security (Refundable)
Hostel Security (Refundable)
The Fees has to be paid in cash. The payments through demand draft, cheque etc. are not accepted.
The AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2020 will take place online. Candidates must not forget to register themselves for counselling. The Link for AIIMS MBBS Counselling will be available for a limited period of time. Candidates are advised to check the official website of AIIMS to get the latest updates and notifications.
Click Here to Know About AIIMS MBBS Cut-Off 2020
Highlights of AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2020
- The AIIMS MBBS Counselling will take place soon after the release of the Merit List.
- The Counselling Process will take place online.
- Shortlisted candidates on the merit list will be eligible to appear the counseling round
- There will be four rounds of counselling with an Open Round, and Additional Spot Round.
If you have any queries regarding AIIMS MBBS 2020, then please comment on the section given below.