AIIMS PG 2021 (INI CET): Aspirants can now register for the INI-CET and AIIMS-DM/M.Ch./MD (Hospital Administration) & Fellowship Programme July session. Through INI CET, admission is granted to AIIMS, JIPMER Puducherry, NIMHANS Bengaluru, & PGIMER Chandigarh is granted. However, the last date to register is 31st March 2021 & 28th March respectively. The Entrance Exam is conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. Candidates wanting to take admission had to first complete the basic registration process. The students who clear the exam are further eligible for admission to eight AIIMS Institutes across the country. After the completion of the AIIMS PG 2021 registration process, the admit card is released for the eligible candidates. No student is allowed inside the exam hall without the admit card. For more details about the computer-based test, and selection criteria, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- INI CET July 2021 session Registration has started from 01st March 2021. The Application Process complete schedule has been released. Candidates have to register and provide the Basic Information before 31st March 2021 (05:00 PM). – Register Now
- AIIMS-DM/M.Ch./MD (Hospital Administration) & Fellowship Programme Online Application process starts from 09th & 16th March 2021 respectively for the July session. – AIIMS PG Application
- Counselling Open Round is concluded and hence the allotment result has been declared. In addition, the Round-1&2 allotment lists are also available. – Check Counselling Rounds Allotment Result
- AIIMS PG (INI CET) 2021 January Session Final Result has been declared. The result of Stage- I & II are provided below.
- The INI CET 2021 Exam was conducted on 20th November 2020.
- AIIMS PG January Session 2021 Prospectus has been released in pdf format. Candidates can check all the details of the admission criteria in it. – Check AIIMS PG January Session Prospectus
- Note that the AIIMS PG Exam has been replaced with INI CET.
AIIMS PG 2021
The AIIMS 2021 Post Graduate Exam is conducted for admission to courses such as Masters of Surgery (MS), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Masters of Dental Surgery (MDS), Masters of Chirurgiae (MCh), and Doctorate of Medicine (DM). There are approximately 643 seats available for admission in total across eight AIIMS institutes. Moreover, the seats are allotted to students purely on the basis of merit. Candidates should further be aware of the complete schedule of the exam activities. Hence, the schedule for the same is provided below.
July 2021 Session Schedule
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences has announced all the important dates for the INI CET July session exam. Candidates can check the exam date and registration important dates in the table below.
|Basic Registration||01st March 2021|
|Online registration ends||31st March 2021 (Wednesday by 05:00 PM)|
|Status of Registration & Last Date of Correction of rejected images||01st to 05th April 2021 (by 05:00 PM)|
|Final Status of Accepted Registration||06th April 2021 by 5:00 PM|
|Generation of EUC/ Editing of Registration/ Uploading of Valid Certificate||23rd March (05:00 PM) to 12th April 2021 (05:00 PM)|
|Last Date of Submission of NOC||08th May 2021|
|Last Date of Submission of Sponsored Certificate||08th May 2021|
|Status of Completion of Application & Last Date of Documents Submission||19th to 23rd April 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||30th April 2021 (Friday)|
|AIIMS PG 2021 Exam||08th May 2021 (Saturday)|
|Declaration of Result||15th May 2021 (Tentative)|
|First Round of Counselling||– TBA –|
|Second Round of Counselling||– TBA –|
|Third Round Counselling||– TBA –|
|Open Round Counselling||– TBA –|
|Mock Round Counselling||– TBA –|
January Session Schedule
|Basic Registration||29th September 2020|
|Closing of the basic Registration Process||12th October 2020|
|Last date to make correction in rejected images & updated status of Basic Registration||14th to 17th October 2020|
|Final status update of accepted basic registration||19th October 2020|
|Code Generation (only for accepted basic registration candidates)||09th to 26th October 2020|
|Prospectus uploaded (For Sponsored & Foreign National)||09th October 2020|
|Final Registration & Completion of details (Qualification, City Choices & Payment only for the candidates successfully generated code)||09th to 26th October 2020|
|Status of Final Registration: Accepted or Rejected||07th to 11th November 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||13th November 2020|
|AIIMS PG 2021 Exam||20th November 2020|
|Declaration of Results||27th November 2020|
|Seat Allocation||15th December 2020|
Highlights of INI CET 2021
Name of examination
AIIMS PG 2021 (INI CET)
Exam conducting authority
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
Mode of examination
Number of AIIMS institutes
Number of seats
Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS PG
The eligibility criteria describe the conditions which each student must satisfy for being eligible to appear for the exam. Further, the eligibility conditions set by the authorities are as follows:
- The applicant must have an MBBS degree, recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Moreover, dental aspirants must have a degree recognized by the Dental Council of India (DCI).
- Further, the candidates must also have a certificate of registration, which should be issued by the Medical Council of India/ Dental Council of India/ State Medical Council/ State Dental Council.
- Moreover, the candidate must have scored at least 55% (General Category) & 50% (SC/ ST Category) in the course.
- In addition, the students must have completed their one-year rotary internship on or before 30th January 2021.
AIIMS PG Application Form 2021
The basic registration for the AIIMS PG 2021 Application Form is carried out via online mode. Candidates have to follow the Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration (PAAR) process. In addition, there are two stages of the registration process, i.e Basic Registration, and Final Registration. The students need to ensure that they provide the correct information during the registration. Moreover, after the basic registration, the Registration Unique Code (RUC) procedure begins. The final registration begins after the generation of the RUC. Further, the complete registration process takes place in online mode. The steps to fill the online form are provided below. Note that the authorities release the admit card of only the students who complete the registration process successfully.
How to Fill AIIMS PG 2020 Online Form?
The Step by Step Procedure to fill in the AIIMS PAAR Registration Form is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS – www.aiimsexams.org
- Click on Application Form Link
- Then click on the “New Registration” and enter all the personal and academic details.
- After filling in all the details, click on the save and proceed option after filling in all the details.
- After entering all the details, proceed to make the payment of the application fees.
- Make the payment, and then select the exam city and upload the required documents.
- Candidates then need to select the exam city as per their preference. Moreover, it has to be noted that the exam city once selected cannot be changed further.
- Now upload the scanned documents as per the specifications.
- After uploading the documents, click on the submit button
- Further, take the printout of the application form and keep it safe for future reference.
Specification of Documents
The students have to submit certain documents during the registration process. Moreover, the documents should be uploaded as per the specifications prescribed by the authorities. The specifications for the photograph, thumb impression, and signature are thus mentioned below.
- Candidates need to upload a scanned photograph
- It should be in JPEG/ GIF/ PNG Format
- The Size of the scanned photograph must be between 50 Kb to 100 Kb
- The Dimension of the photograph must be 35 mm X 45 mm
- The Signature of the applicant must be scanned.
- The scanned signature must be in JPEG/ PNG/ GIF Format
- In addition, the Size of the signature must be between 10 Kb to 50 Kb
- The Dimension of the scanned signature must be 63 mm X 63 mm
Left-Hand Thumb Impression
- Candidates must upload their scanned left-hand thumb impression.
- The Format of the Thumb Impression must be in JPEG/ GIF/ PNG Format
- The Size of the signature must be 10 to 50 Kb
- The Dimension of the Left-Hand Thumb Impression must be 43 mm X 43 mm.
The students must submit the application fee before the due date. In addition, the mode of payment is online and can be done through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking. Moreover, the category-wise application fee is mentioned below.
OPH/Differently abled candidates
AIIMS PG 2021 Exam Centres
The list of AIIMS PG Exam Centres is provided below. Note that the list of exam centres for the 2021 entrance exam is released. If new exam centres are added, then the list of the same shall be provided in this article. Candidates have to select the exam centre from the provided list only. Note that the allotted exam centre cannot be changed after the issuance of the admit card. Furthermore, the list of states and exam cities, in which the exam is conducted is provided below.
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
AIIMS PG 2021 Admit Card
The Admit Card of AIIMS PG acts as an entry pass. Hence, each student needs to carry the hardcopy along to the exam hall. However, the admit card is released only to the students who register online successfully. The hall ticket further contains information about the exam centre and the candidates’ details. Candidates can download it by visiting the AIIMS Official Website. Note that the hall ticket shall not be sent through any other medium. Furthermore, the exam centre cannot be changed under any circumstances after the issuance of the admit card.
Furthermore, the students have to enter certain details in order to download the hall ticket. The required details are further as follows:
- Registration ID
- Registration Unique Code (RUC)
The students should also check all the details mentioned in the admit card before downloading it. In case of any discrepancy, you should immediately contact the authorities. If the information on the admit card does not match with the ID you provide, then the invigilator may not allow you to sit for the exam.
Exam Pattern of AIIMS PG January Session
The students should check out the exam pattern before starting to prepare for the test. It shall help you in understanding the details of the Entrance Exam. In addition, the exam pattern of the MD/ MS/ BDS is provided below.
3 hours (180 minutes)
09:00 AM to 12:00 noon
Number of questions
200 multiple-choice questions
Based on the syllabus for MBBS programmes
3 hours (180 minutes)
09:00 AM to 12:00 noon
Number of questions
200 multiple-choice questions
Based on the syllabus taught during BDS
AIIMS PG Exam Syllabus
The students should gather all the information about the Syllabus of AIIMS PG 2021. It helps in the preparation process. Thus, all the important topics of subjects are provided below.
- Community Medicine
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Dermatology and Venereology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Syllabus for Master of Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
Syllabus for Dental Surgery
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
AIIMS Post Graduate Exam Marking Scheme
The AIIMS PG Marking Scheme indicates the Types of Questions and the marking scheme that is taken into consideration to calculate students’ total scores. Thus, the marks are awarded as per the prescribed marking scheme only.
Type of Questions
Single best answer type
1 mark for a correct answer
1/3 for an incorrect answer
Multiple true-false types
1/5 mark for each alternative/statement
1/5 for each incorrect alternative/statement
Match the following type
1/4 mark for each response
– 1/4 for every wrong attempt
Sequential arrangement type
1 mark for the full correct sequence
1 mark for an incorrect sequence
Multiple completion type
1 mark for a correct option
1/4 will be deducted for the wrong option
Reason assertion type
1 mark for the correct answer
1/4 mark for a wrong answer
Extended matching items/questions
1/2 mark for each scenario
-1/2 for every incorrect number of scenarios
AIIMS-PG Solution Key 2021
The officials of the AIIMS Institute will not release the AIIMS PG-Exam Answer Key, as the exam is conducted in online mode. However, the local coaching institutes do release the solution key for allowing students to cross-check. But these should only be considered for reference purposes. As the authorities do not take these into account while preparing the final result. Therefore, you can calculate a rough score by referring to it. But that does not mean that your score will be the exact same.
Result of AIIMS Post Graduate 2021 Entrance Exam
AIIMS Institute, New Delhi is responsible for releasing the result of the entrance exam. The AIIMS PG Result is further released in online mode in the form of a merit list. This rank list helps the authorities in ranking the students on the basis of merit. Moreover, only the merit students shall be eligible for further admission processes. The rank list further contains the candidates’ roll number, category, category rank, percentile score, and overall rank. It is further made available in PDF Format. Candidates thus face no difficulty in downloading it.
A cutoff list is also released after it for indicating the minimum qualifying marks. Only the students who would have scored the cut-off marks are eligible for counselling.
AIIMS PG Cutoff 2021
The minimum qualifying percentile is referred to as the cutoff. That is, each student needs to score at least 50% percentile to get admission irrespective of which category they belong to. Moreover, the cutoff will be announced in online mode. Note that the cutoff changes every year due to the factors that it depends upon. The cutoff depends upon the no. of students who appeared for the exam, difficulty level of the test, seat matrix, and the candidate’s scores in the exam. Furthermore, the cutoff rank of last year’s July session exam was 2370 for general category students, 9239(SC), 11932(ST), and 3443 for OBC category students. The students are called for counselling as per the cutoff rank only.
The authorities reserve a percentage of seats for a category of students. Thus, only the students belonging to the respective categories can claim these seats. However, the category students will also have to provide all the necessary documents in order to confirm that they belong to a reserved category. Candidates should carry the original and photocopy of the category certificate along for the counselling. Furthermore, the percentage of seats reserved along with the categories is mentioned in the table given below.
Reservation (in %)
Candidates who have passed MBBS from AIIMS
General + Sponsored/Foreign National candidates
AIIMS PG Counselling 2021
The rounds of AIIMS PG Counselling 2021 begin soon after the result declaration. It is conducted in online mode. Moreover, the counselling takes place in a total of four rounds. In addition, a mop-up round counselling can be conducted in case some of the seats are left vacant. The rounds of counselling continue until all the seats are allotted to the students. Moreover, the no. of students who are called for counselling is eight times the no. of seats available. Wherein, the procedure of seat allotment takes place on the basis of merit. As the counselling is conducted in online mode, hence the students have to register themselves online through the candidate login portal.
Further, the institutes are allotted to students as per their Score and the seat matrix. The no. of seats available in each of the participating institutes is mentioned below. Note that the admission is provided on the basis of merit. Hence, the students at higher rank have chances of getting admission to the desired institute.
AIIMS PG Seat Matrix
Name of the Institution
MD/MS/DM/MCh seats uploaded
AIIMS New Delhi
Furthermore, in case you have any doubts, then you can directly contact the authorities. Their contact details are provided below. In addition, make sure that you contact them on working days, i.e Monday to Saturday between 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM.