AIIMS MBBS 2020: The Admit Card has been released and the students can download it through the link provided below. Note that the NEET Exam has been postponed to 13th September 2020 due to COVID-19. From 2020 onwards, admission to AIIMS institutes will be through NEET Exam. That means the entrance exam of AIIMS has been scraped. If there is any change in the exam and schedule we will update it here. The AIIMS MBBS is a National Entrance Examination that takes place every year by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. Through AIIMS MBBS 2020 entrance examination, candidates can get admission to MBBS Programmes in any of the 7 AIIMS located in India. Further, interested candidates have to fill in the NEET 2020 Form. The application form was made available in online mode and due to the spread of coronavirus, the application correction facility has been extended. In this article, we have provided complete details such as its dates, application procedure, examination pattern, and much more.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The AIIMS stands for “All India Institute of Medical Sciences”. The AIIMS is a group of autonomous public medical colleges for higher education. These Institutes have been declared by the “Act of Parliament” as Institutes of National Importance. Currently, there are nine AIIMS MBBS Colleges in India which we have listed down below ranking wise.
NEET 2020 Admit Card has been released for the Examination. Candidates must check all the details on it carefully. Do not forget to take out 2-3 copies of it.
- Due to the outbreak of Coronavirus, the NEET Application Correction window was opened again. Candidates can now edit their forms and make the required changes till July 15, 2020. The correction link has been activated again due to the postponement of the exam due to COVID-19. In addition, the NEET Exam will now take place on 13th September 2020.
- NEET 2020 Application Form has been released by the NTA on 02 December 2019. As mentioned above, the admission to this institute will be through NEET. Thus, students who want to take admission in AIIMS Institutes have to appear for the NEET Exam. Moreover, the official notice is given below, you can check that out as well.
- The Union Health Minister has announced that from 2020 onwards, the AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam is exited. There will be a single common entrance exam, NEET. Hence, through this exam, candidates will be given a chance to get admission in MBBS and BDS Colleges all over India (including AIIMS and JIPMER). However, there are no official updates yet. Read About- NEET Common Entrance Test for MBBS Admission.
Overview of AIIMS MBBS 2020
|Name of the Examination||All India Institute of Medical Sciences MBBS Entrance Exam 2020|
|Commonly Known as||AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi|
|Level of the Examination||National|
|Availability of Seats||Will be Notified Soon|
|Participating Institutes||13 AIIMS Institutes – (Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Rishikesh, Nagpur, Kalyani, Raebareli, Gorakhpur, Bhatinda)|
|Minimum Age Limit||17 years of age as of 31st December 2020|
|Date of the Examination||May 2020|
Highlights of AIIMS 2020 MBBS
- The AIIMS MBBS Exam is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Now the admission to AIIMS Institutes will be through NEET Exam.
- Through this Exam, candidates will be able to get admission to MBBS Undergraduate Program in AIIMS Medical Colleges located in different parts of India.
- The Exam is held once every year. This year, it is expected to be held in May 2020.
- Lastly, the candidate must satisfy the eligibility criteria. The candidature of ineligible candidates will get canceled.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Entrance Exam Dates
The AIIMS MBBS Official Dates were announced by the authorities. In addition, the official schedule released by the NTA (National Testing Agency) is given below. However, the dates have been revised due to the spread of COVID-19. Thus, all the updates and revised schedule will be updated here.
|starting date of registration||2nd December 2019|
|last date of registration||1st January 2020|
|Correction Window||13th to 19th March 2020|
|Re-Opening of Form Submission||3rd to 9th Feb 2020|
|Correction Window Open Again||1st April to 31st May 2020|
|Exam Center Change||9th April to 3rd May 2020|
|NEET Admit Card Release Date||26th August 2020|
|NEET Exam Date|
13th September 2020
|Declaration of NEET Result||–|
AIIMS MBBS 2020
AIIMS 2020 MBBS is a National Entranced Examination conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences every year. Through the entrance exam, the candidates will get admission to Undergraduate MBBS Programmes. The program is offered in 14 AIIMS in the country. Candidates wanting to appear for the exam should first complete the registration process successfully. Only the candidates who register successfully will be the ones eligible to appear for the exam.
Every year, nearly 2 lakh candidates apply for the examination. Last year, a total of 7, 617 candidates including 2705 female candidates had qualified the exam.
Check – JIPMER MBBS 2020
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
To attempt the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Entrance Exam, it is very necessary to satisfy the eligibility criteria of the candidates. Candidates will be rejected if they don’t satisfy the Eligibility Conditions of AIIMS MBBS 2020. Below, we have mentioned the eligibility criteria of AIIMS 2020-
- Applicants must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission as on or before 31st December 2020.
- Candidates must be Indian Citizens, Overseas Citizens of India, and Non-Resident Indians.
- Candidates must have passed 12th Class from any recognized board or University with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects.
- The Minimum qualifying percentage for OBC and General Category is 60%, whereas the OBC/SC/ST Candidates have to qualify 50% of marks.
- Candidates applying for the qualifying examination are also eligible.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Reservation Criteria
For all the Reservation Category Candidates (SC/ST/OBC, and PWD), a certain percentage of seats have been reserved for the candidates. The Reservation Policy of all the AIIMS Colleges is as follows:
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Non-Creamy other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)||27%|
|People with Benchmark Disability||5%|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Form
AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2020 will be the same as that of the NEET 2020. Hence, students interested in taking admission to AIIMS institutes must fill in the NEET Application Form. The form was released in online mode and thus was available on the official website of NTA (National Testing Agency). Only the students who will submit the form successfully will be eligible to appear for the national level exam. Further, candidates should ensure that they provide the correct information while filling the form. The provided information will be used for the entire admission process. If the entered details will not match with the details present on documents, then the application will get rejected.
AIIMS MBBS Registration Process 2020
The AIIMS MBBS Application Form Procedure comprises of two stages- Basic and Final. Candidates who are willing to apply for this entrance exam have to undergo both the stages. The First Stage is the Basic Registration Process. In this stage, candidates have to enter their basic information such as personal details, uploading of the photographs, etc.
Soon after the completion of the basic registration, code generation for the Final Registration will be available on the screen. The Final Registration is the last stage of the application form process. Thus, the candidates have to complete both stages correctly.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Registration
The Basic Registration Process will start from November 2019 onwards. As said that the Registration Process includes a two-step registration process. The Basic Registration Process is the first step of the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Online Registration Procedure.
How to Apply for AIIMS MBBS 2020 Basic Registration?
The step by step procedure to apply for the Basic Registration is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS MBBS or NTA (www.nta.ac.in) – www.aiimsexams.org
- Click on the “New Registration Tab” option
- Enter the basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature
Note- In this section, you don’t have to make the payment of the Registration Fees.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Final Registration
The Final Registration Process of AIIMS MBBS 2020 is the conclusion part of the registration procedure. Once the basic registration is completed, a code is sent for the final registration process. Using the Login Credentials, log in again and fill in the application form. The details will be available on the brochure.
How to Apply for AIIMS MBBS 2020 Final Registration?
The Step by Step Procedure to fill the AIIMS MBBS Final Registration Form is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS Exam
- Log in using the credentials
- Fill in all the Personal, Academic, Professional Details
- Now make the payment of the application fees either Online/Bank Challan
- Recheck the AIIMS Application Form and submit.
- Download and take the printout of the application form and keep it safe for future reference.
Candidates are requested to take multiple numbers of printouts. The Application Form will be available from November 2019. Candidates are advised to enter correct details and must submit the application form before the last date.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card
Candidates who have submitted their Registration Form before the closing date will be issued with AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card. The Admit Card is a mandatory document that has to be carried by the candidate to the examination hall. The Admit Card will be released online on the official website of AIIMS Exams. You have to enter your Application Number and Password to download the Admit Card. The Hall Ticket will carry all the details about the candidate, exam, venue timings, etc.
Further, in case of any discrepancies, make sure that you contact the authorities. As if the invigilator will sport them on the day of exam, then he may not allow you to sit for the exam. Hence, ensure that all the details present on the hall ticket are correct.
How to Download AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2020?
The step by step procedure to download the AIIMS Admit Card 2020 is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS Exams- www.aiimsexams.org
- Click on “AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card” Link
- Enter the Application Number and Password and click on the submit button.
- The Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take the printout of the Admit Card.
- Keep the Admit Card safe until the completion of the Admission Procedure.
The AIIMS MBBS Admit Card serves as an Identity Proof for the candidate who is appearing the examination. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an Admit Card.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Pattern
The Exam is held in two shifts across four different slots. The Examination Pattern of AIIMS MBBS is as follows-
- The entrance exam will be a pen and paper-based test.
- There will be 180 questions in total
- The exam will be of 720 marks in total.
- Further, the questions will be Multiple Choice Type
- Questions will be asked from the subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- There will be 45 questions each in Physics and Chemistry sections. Whereas, 90 questions will be there in Biology (Zoology & Botany).
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
Exam Pattern Details of AIIMS 2020 MBBS is as follows-
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|AIIMS MBBS Number of Sessions||Four Sessions (Two on Each Day)|
|Session Timings||Morning – 9:00 am to 12:30 pm|
Evening Session- 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm
|Allocation of the Session||Random|
|Medium of Language||English and Hindi (optional) + 8 other regional languages|
|Total Number of Questions||200 Questions|
|Questions Per Section||Physics – 45 Questions|
Chemistry- 45 Questions
Biology (Botany+Zoology)- 90 Questions
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions|
|Marking Scheme||Total Marks- 720 marks|
Correct Answer – 1 mark
Incorrect Answer – 1/2 negative marking
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Centers
Candidates can choose their AIIMS 2020 Exam Center at the time of Final Registration. The allocation of the venue will be based on the availability of the seats. The Decision of the AIIMS regarding the allotment of the center, day and shift will be final. The Entrance Exam will be conducted in almost 153 Centers.
AIIMS MBBS Syllabus 2020
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Syllabus comprises of 10th and 12th Standard subject topics. Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Zoology/Botany), and English. Questions are also asked from General Knowledge. Some of the Important Topics from each subject section is mentioned down below-
|Physics||Circular Motion, Electricity, First Law of Thermodynamics, Wave Motion, etc.|
|Chemistry||Molecule and Chemical Bond, Atomic Structure, Equilibrium, State of Matter, etc.|
|Zoology||Anatomy and Physiology, Genetics and Evolution, Histology, Reproductive System|
|Botany||Absorption and Cell Water Relations, Transport of Water and Minerals, Internal Structure of Stem and Secondary Growth, Transpiration and Turgor Movements, etc.|
|General Knowledge||Current Affairs, Books and Authors, Science and History, etc.|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Answer Key
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences will release the answer key after the completion of the Examination. The Answer key will be released online. Candidates who have appeared the examination can check the answer key. However, the Institute does not release its answer key. Therefore, we will provide you the Unofficial Answer Key by various coaching institutes. The AIIMS MBBS Answer Key 2020 will contain all the correct answers to the questions that were asked in the examination. The Answer key will be available for all the subjects separately.
The MBBS Answer key of AIIMS has several benefits such as you can check and compare your answers with the Answer Key. Through the Answer key, you can also get to know the correct answers to the questions. This will give you an idea of approx score that you can secure in the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Entrance Registration.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Analysis
Along with the release of the unofficial answer key, we will also update you with the exam analysis. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences Paper Analysis will give you a brief update regarding the difficulty level of the exam. We will also update the questions that were asked in the exam. However, you can check the exam analysis of 2019, for more detailed information.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result
The Result will be available online on the official website. The result is available in the form of scores and percentile secured by the candidate. Candidates can check the result by submitting your Registration ID and Password. The AIIMS UG 2020 Result will be available online.
How to Check AIIMS MBBS Result 2020?
The Step by Step procedure to check the Result is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS MBBS – www.aiimsexams.org
- Click on “AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result” Link
- Log in using the credentials
- Enter your Application Number and Password and Submit button
- The Result will be available on the screen.
- Download and Take the printout of the result.
- Keep the printout safe until the admission procedure.
AIIMS MBBS Cut Off 2020
The minimum cut-off marks that are set by the Exam Conducting Authority so as to select the eligible candidates. In order to qualify the examination, the candidate has to score above the minimum cut-off marks. As per the AIIMS, the qualifying cut off for AIIMS MBBS 2020 is as follows-
- The Cutoff for General Category Candidates is 50% while for the OBC is 45% and for Reserved Candidates, the qualifying cut-off marks are 40%.
- The cut-off will be on the basis of the percentile as the examination takes place in two shifts.
- Normalization Procedure will be applied for the candidates to determine the qualifying criteria. Read More About the AIIMS MBBS Cut-off Marks.
The Merit List of AIIMS MBBS
Candidates scoring more than the cut-off marks will be considered qualified. Selected candidates have to report AIIMS to undergo a special medical examination by the Institute.
Based on the competitive entrance examination, AIIMS MBBS Merit List will be prepared. The Merit List will comprise the name of the candidates who have qualified the exam. The Merit List will contain the Name of the candidate, Rank of the candidate, scores of the candidate etc.
Tie Breaker Method
If two or a number of candidates secure the same number of marks, then the tie-breaker criteria are applied. Based on the below-mentioned criteria, candidates will be ranked in the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Merit Rank List–
- Candidates with more marks in Biology will get a higher rank.
- If the tie still exists, then candidates with more marks Chemistry will get a higher rank.
- If not, then the candidate with more marks in Physics is given a higher rank.
- After that, if the tie still exists then the candidate with less number of wrong answers is given a higher rank
- If still the ie exists, then the candidate with older in age will be given the priority.
The selected candidates have to undergo a Medical Examination that is set up by the Institute. If a candidate who is medically unfit will not be eligible for the admission.
The Counselling Procedure and Seat Allotment
The Counselling of All India Institute of Medical Sciences will take place after the release of the Merit List. In addition, all the merit list students will be eligible for admission. The counseling is the last round of the selection procedure.
The Counselling Round of All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- The Counselling will take place in July 2020.
- On the basis of the ranks, will have to appear for the counselling round.
- The Merit List will differ category-wise
- Further, candidates will appear for counselling in order of merit only.
Documents Required in the Counselling 2020
Candidates have to carry their original documents to the counselling round. The Counselling Round will take place offline. Candidates must carry two to three sets of photo printouts of the documents.
The Candidates have to carry the following documents at the time of counselling-
- The Admit Card of All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- 10th Class Passing Certificate
- 12th Class Passing Certificate
- Mark sheet of Class 10th
- 12th Class Mark sheet.
- Rank Letter issued by AIIMS
If you are a Reserved Category Candidate/ PWD Candidate then you have to carry the following documents mentioned-
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST) as issued by the Competent Authority.
- Physical Disability Certificate for PWD Candidates. The Certificate has to be duly constituted and authorized Medical Boards. The PWD Certificate issued by any other authority/hospital will not be entertained.
- OBC Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
List of Participating AIIMS MBBS Colleges in India
Currently, there are Nine AIIMS Medical Colleges participating in the admission process. Here, we have provided you a complete list of the AIIMS Colleges that offer admission. We have listed out the colleges in ranking order.
|Name of AIIMS College||Location of the College||Year of Establishment||Rank Order||Total Intake of Students|
|AIIMS Delhi||New Delhi||1956||1||100 Students|
|AIIMS Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh||2012||2||100 Students|
|AIIMS Bhubaneswar||Odisha||2012||3||100 Students|
|AIIMS Jodhpur||Rajasthan||2012||4||100 Students|
|AIIMS Patna||Bihar||2012||5||100 Students|
|AIIMS Raipur||Chhatisgarh||2012||6||100 Students|
|AIIMS Rishikesh||Uttarakhand||2012||7||100 Students|
|AIIMS Nagpur||Maharashtra||2018||Not Available||50 students|
|AIIMS Guntur||Andhra Pradesh||2018||Not Available||50 students|
Future AIIMS Medical Colleges in India
|AIIMS Colleges||Location (State)|
|AIIMS Gorakhpur||Uttar Pradesh|
|AIIMS Kalyani||West Bengal|
|AIIMS Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh|
|AIIMS Tamil Nadu||Tamil Nadu|
|AIIMS Vijay Pur||Jammu Region|
|AIIMS Awantipora||Kashmir Region|
If you have any queries regarding the exam, then please comment on the section below.