AIIMS MBBS 2020 Registration will start from November 2019. The AIIMS MBBS is a National Entrance Examination that is conducted every year by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. The AIIMS MBBS 2020 Entrance Examination is conducted in two shifts. From the year 2019 onwards, the Institute has started a new registration facility known as the Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration (PAAR) Facility. This is a two-step registration process comprising of Basic and Final Registration Process. Through this entrance examination, candidates can get admission in MBBS Programmes in any of the 7 AIIMS located in India. The AIIMS 2020 MBBS Registration process will continue till March 2020. In this article, we have provided complete details about AIIMS 2020 MBBS such as its dates, application procedure, examination pattern and much more.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The AIIMS stands for “All India Institute of Medical Sciences”. The AIIMS is a group of autonomous public medical colleges for higher education. These Institutes have been declared by the “Act of Parliament” as Institutes of National Importance. Currently, there are nine AIIMS MBBS Colleges in India which we have listed down below ranking wise.
Overview of AIIMS MBBS 2020
|Name of the Examination||All India Institute of Medical Sciences MBBS Entrance Exam 2020|
|Commonly Known as||AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi|
|Level of the Examination||National|
|Availability of Seats||Will be Notified Soon|
|Participating Institutes||13 AIIMS Institutes – (Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Rishikesh, Nagpur, Kalyani, Raebareli, Gorakhpur, Bhatinda)|
|Minimum Age Limit||17 years of age as of 31st December 2020|
|Date of the Examination||May 2020|
Highlights of AIIMS 2020 MBBS
- The AIIMS MBBS Exam is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
- The Registration Forms will be available in November 2019.
- Through this Exam, candidates will be able to get admission in MBBS Undergraduate Program in AIIMS Medical Colleges located at different parts of India.
- The Exam is held once every year. This year, it is expected to be held in May 2020.
- Satisfying the eligibility criteria is a must.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Entrance Exam Dates
The AIIMS MBBS 2020 Official Dates have not been announced yet. However, candidates can check the tentative dates mentioned below to get a rough idea about AIIMS MBBS 2020-
|Events||Dates Scheduled (Tentative)|
|Starting Date of Basic Registration Process||November 2019|
|Closing Date of Basic Registration||January 2020|
|Code Generation of Final Registration||January/February 2020|
|Starting Date of Final Registration||February 2020|
|Closing Date of Final Registration||March 2020|
|The release of AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2020||May 2020|
|AIIMS MBBS 2020 Entrance Exam||May 2020|
|AIIMS 2020 MBBS Result||June 2020|
|Counselling Starts||July 2020|
|Classes Start Dates||August 2020|
The Official Dates will be released on the official website of AIIMS Exams – www.aiimsexams.org
AIIMS MBBS 2020
AIIMS 2020 MBBS is a National Entranced Examination conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences every year. It is a Computer Based Test for getting admissions in Undergraduate MBBS Programmes. The programme is offered in 14 AIIMS in the country. The Basic Online Registration Process will start from November 2019 and will end in March 2020. The AIIMS MBBS 2020 Entrance Examination will be held in May 2020 in two shifts.
Every year, nearly 2 lakh candidates apply for the examination. Last year, a total of 7, 617 candidates including 2705 female candidates had qualified the exam.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
To attempt the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Entrance Exam, it is very necessary to satisfy the eligibility criteria of the candidates. Candidates will be rejected if they don’t satisfy the eligibility conditions of AIIMS MBBS 2020. Below, we have mentioned the eligibility criteria of AIIMS 2020-
- Applicants must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission as on or before 31st December 2020.
- Candidates must be Indian Citizens, Overseas Citizens of India, and Non-Resident Indians.
- Candidates must have passed 12th Class from any recognized board or University with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects.
- The Minimum qualifying percentage for OBC and General Category is 60%, whereas the OBC/SC/ST Candidates have to qualify 50% of marks.
- Candidates applying for the qualifying examination are also eligible.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Reservation Criteria
For all the Reservation Category Candidates (SC/ST/OBC, and PWD), a certain percentage of seats have been reserved for the candidates. The Reservation Policy of the all the AIIMS Colleges have been tabulated below-
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Non-Creamy other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)||27%|
|People with Benchmark Disability||5%|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Form
AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2020 will be available online on the official website of AIIMS Exams – www.aiimsexams.org. The AIIMS Admission Form 2020 has to be filled by those candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria. From the year 2019 onwards, the Institute has started a new registration facility known as the Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration (PAAR) Facility. This is a two-step registration process comprising of Basic and Final Registration Process.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Registration
The Basic Registration Process will start from November 2019 onwards. As said that the Registration Process includes a two-step registration process. The Basic Registration Process is the first step of the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Registration Procedure.
How to Apply for AIIMS MBBS 2020 Basic Registration?
The step by step procedure to apply for AIIMS 2020 MBBS Basic Registration is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS MBBS – www.aiimsexams.org
- Click on the “New Registration Tab” option
- Enter the basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mobile Number, E-mail ID etc.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature
Note- In this section, you don’t have to make the payment of the Registration Fees.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Final Registration
The Final Registration Process of AIIMS MBBS 2020 is the conclusion part of the registration procedure. Once the basic registration is completed, a code is sent for the final registration process. Using the Login Credentials, log in again and fill in the application form which will be released three months ahead of the AIIMS MBBS Exam along with the prospectus.
How to Apply for AIIMS MBBS 2020 Final Registration?
The Step by Step Procedure to fill the AIIMS MBBS Final Registration Form is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS Exam
- Log in using the credentials
- Fill in all the Personal, Academic, Professional Details
- Now make the payment of the application fees either Online/Bank Challan
- Recheck the AIIMS Application Form and submit.
- Download and take the printout of the application form and keep it safe for future reference.
Candidates are requested to take multiple numbers of printouts. The AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2020 will be available from November 2019. Candidates are advised to enter correct details and must submit the application form before the last date.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card
Candidates who have submitted their Registration Form before the closing date will be issued with AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card. The Admit Card is a mandatory document that has to be carried by the candidate to the examination hall. The AIIMS MBBS Admit Card will be released in May 2020. The Admit Card will be released online on the official website of AIIMS Exams. You have to enter your Application Number and Password to download the Admit Card. The Hall Ticket will carry all the details about the candidate, exam, venue timings etc.
How to Download AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2020?
The step by step procedure to download the AIIMS Admit Card 2020 is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS Exams- www.aiimsexams.org
- Click on “AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card” Link
- Enter the Application Number and Password and click on the submit button.
- The Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take the printout of the Admit Card.
- Keep the Admit Card safe until the completion of the Admission Procedure.
The AIIMS MBBS Admit Card serves as an Identity Proof for the candidate who is appearing the examination. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an Admit Card.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Pattern
AIIMS MBBS 2020 is held in two shifts across four different slots. The Examination Pattern of AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Pattern is as follows-
- AIIMS 2020 MBBS is a Computer Based Test Exam and will be held in May 2020.
- Total 200 Multiple Choice Level Questions are asked.
- Questions will be asked from the subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology), General Knowledge, and Aptitude and Logical Thinking.
Exam Pattern Details of AIIMS 2020 MBBS is as follows-
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|AIIMS MBBS Number of Sessions||Four Sessions (Two on Each Day)|
|Session Timings||Morning – 9:00 am to 12:30 pm|
Evening Session- 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm
|Allocation of the Session||Random|
|Medium of Language||English and Hindi (optional)|
|Total Number of Questions||200 Questions|
|Questions Per Section||Physics – 60 Questions|
Chemistry- 60 Questions
Biology (Botany+Zoology)- 60 Questions
General Knowledge – 10 Questions
Aptitude and Logical Thinking – 10 Questions
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions|
|Marking Scheme||Total Marks- 200 marks|
Correct Answer – 1 mark
Incorrect Answer – 1/3 negative marking
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Centers
Candidates can choose their AIIMS MBBS Exam Center 2020 at the time of Final Registration. The allocation of the venue will be based on the availability of the seats. The Decision of the AIIMS regarding the allotment of the center, day and shift will be final. AIIMS MBBS 2020 will be conducted in almost 153 Centers.
AIIMS MBBS Syllabus 2020
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Syllabus comprises of 10th and 12th Standard subject topics. Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Zoology/Botany), and English. Questions are also asked from General Knowledge. Some of the Important Topics from each subject section is mentioned down below-
|Physics||Circular Motion, Electricity, First Law of Thermodynamics, Wave Motion etc.|
|Chemistry||Molecule and Chemical Bond, Atomic Structure, Equilibrium, State of Matter etc.|
|Zoology||Anatomy and Physiology, Genetics and Evolution, Histology, Reproductive System|
|Botany||Absorption and Cell Water Relations, Transport of Water and Minerals, Internal Structure of Stem and Secondary Growth, Transpiration and Turgor Movements etc.|
|General Knowledge||Current Affairs, Books and Authors, Science and History etc.|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Answer Key
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Answer key will be released by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences after the completion of the Examination. The Answer key will be released online. Candidates who have appeared the examination can check the answer key. The AIIMS MBBS Answer Key 2020 will contain all the correct answers of the questions that were asked in the examination. The Answer key will be published for all the subjects separately.
AIIMS MBBS Answer key has several benefits such as you can check and compare your answers with the Answer Key. Through the Answer key, you can also get to know the correct answers of the questions. This will give you an idea of approx score that you can secure in the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Entrance Registration.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result
AIIMS 2020 MBBS Result will be released online on the official website. The result is declared in the form of scores and percentile secured by the candidate. Candidates can check the result by submitting your Registration ID and Password.
How to Check AIIMS MBBS Result 2020?
The Step by Step procedure to check the AIIMS MBBS Result 2020 is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AIIMS MBBS – www.aiimsexams.org
- Click on “AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result” Link
- Log in using the credentials
- Enter your Application Number and Password and Submit button
- The Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and Take the printout of the result.
- Keep the printout safe until the admission procedure.
AIIMS MBBS Cut Off 2020
The minimum cut-off marks that are set by the Exam Conducting Authority so as to select the eligible candidates. In order to qualify the examination, the candidate has to score above the minimum cut-off marks. As per the AIIMS, the qualifying cut off for AIIMS MBBS 2020 is as follows-
- The Cutoff for General Category Candidates is 50% while for the OBC is 45% and for Reserved Candidates, the qualifying cut-off marks are 40%.
- The cut-off will be determined on the basis of the percentile as the examination is conducted in two shifts.
- Normalization Procedure will be applied for the candidates to determine the qualifying criteria.
AIIMS MBBS Merit List 2020
Candidates scoring more than the cut-off marks will be considered qualified. Selected candidates have to report AIIMS to undergo a special medical examination by the Institute.
Based on the competitive entrance examination, merit list will be prepared. The AIIMS 2020 MBBS will comprise the name of the candidates who have qualified the AIIMS MBBS Cut Off 2019 will be included in AIIMS MBBS Merit List. The Merit List of AIIMS MBBS will contain the Name of the candidate, Rank of the candidate, scores of the candidate etc. Candidates whose name is included in the Merit list will be called for counselling round.
Tie Breaker Method
If two or number of candidates secure the same number of marks, then the tie-breaker criteria are applied. Based on the below-mentioned criteria, candidates will be ranked in the AIIMS MBBS Merit List-
- Candidates with more marks in Biology will get a higher rank.
- If the tie still exists, then candidates with more marks Chemistry will get a higher rank.
- If not, then the candidate with more marks in Physics is given a higher rank.
- After that, if the tie still exists then the candidate with less number of wrong answers is given a higher rank
- If still the ie exists, then the candidate with older in age will be given the priority.
The selected candidates have to undergo a Medical Examination that is set up by the Institute. If a candidate is found to be medically unfit then he/she will be rejected.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Counselling Procedure and Seat Allotment
AIIMS 2020 MBBS Counselling will take place after the release of Merit List. Candidates whose name is included in the Merit List will be eligible for the counselling round. The counselling is the last round of the selection procedure.
AIIMS MBBS Counselling Round 2020
- The Counselling will be conducted in July 2020.
- Candidates based on the ranks in the merit list will be called for counselling round.
- The Merit List will differ category-wise
- Applicants will be invited for counselling on the basis of the rank you have scored in the Merit List.
Documents Required in AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2020
Candidates have to carry their original documents to the counselling round. The Counselling Round is conducted offline. It is advised to carry two to three sets of photo printouts of the documents.
The Documents that are required at the time of AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2020 is as follows-
- AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2020
- 10th Class Passing Certificate
- 12th Class Passing Certificate
- Mark sheet of Class 10th
- 12th Class Mark sheet. This will be used as the proof of Birth.
- Rank Letter issued by AIIMS
If you are a Reserved Category Candidate/ PWD Candidate then you have to carry the following documents mentioned-
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST) as issued by the Competent Authority.
- Physical Disability Certificate for PWD Candidates. The Certificate has to be duly constituted and authorized Medical Boards. The PWD Certificate issued by any other authority/hospital will not be entertained.
- OBC Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
List of Participating AIIMS MBBS Colleges in India
Currently, there are Nine AIIMS Medical Colleges participating in AIIMS MBBS 2020. Here, we have provided you a complete list of the AIIMS Colleges that offer admission. We have listed out the colleges in ranking order.
|Name of AIIMS College||Location of the College||Year of Establishment||Rank Order||Total Intake of Students|
|AIIMS Delhi||New Delhi||1956||1||100 Students|
|AIIMS Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh||2012||2||100 Students|
|AIIMS Bhubaneswar||Odisha||2012||3||100 Students|
|AIIMS Jodhpur||Rajasthan||2012||4||100 Students|
|AIIMS Patna||Bihar||2012||5||100 Students|
|AIIMS Raipur||Chhatisgarh||2012||6||100 Students|
|AIIMS Rishikesh||Uttarakhand||2012||7||100 Students|
|AIIMS Nagpur||Maharashtra||2018||Not Available||50 students|
|AIIMS Guntur||Andhra Pradesh||2018||Not Available||50 students|
Future AIIMS Medical Colleges in India
|AIIMS Colleges||Location (State)|
|AIIMS Gorakhpur||Uttar Pradesh|
|AIIMS Kalyani||West Bengal|
|AIIMS Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh|
|AIIMS Tamil Nadu||Tamil Nadu|
|AIIMS Vijay Pur||Jammu Region|
|AIIMS Awantipora||Kashmir Region|