Telangana MBBS Admission 2021: Kaloji Narayan Rao University of Health Sciences (KNRUHS), Warangal is the conducting body for Telangana NEET Admission. Candidates who appear in NEET 2021, can further participate in the admission process. In addition, the selection for 85% state quota seats is done on the basis of the NEET Score. The Counselling takes place in two rounds. There is a counseling procedure for Management and Convenor Quota as well. The Distribution of the Seats is based on – 85% of State Quota and 15% All India Quota. A merit list is released as well for the candidates who have qualified the minimum qualifying marks of NEET-UG. In this article, we have provided complete details regarding the Telangana MBBS Admission 2021, including its eligibility, application form, fees, and, other details.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Telangana MBBS Admission 2021
The Admission to Telangana MBBS is granted based on the candidate’s score in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) and the preferences given at the time of counselling. It is mandatory to appear for the NEET-UG Exam for getting a seat in Telangana MBBS. Along with that, candidates must also satisfy the eligibility criteria as well. Furthermore, the schedule of the admission activities is given below.
For Competent Authority
|Notification of Telangana MBBS 2021||– To be Announced –|
|The Application form start date||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date for the Submission of the Application Form||– To be Announced –|
|The Release of the Provisional Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|Document Verification||– To be Announced –|
|The Release of Final Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|First Round Counselling||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date to Report the Allotted College||– To be Announced –|
|Second Round Counselling||– To be Announced –|
|Commencement of Classes||– To be Announced –|
For Management Quota
|Notification of Telangana MBBS||– To be Announced –|
|Release Date of the Online Application Form||– To be Announced –|
|Last Date of the Submission of the Application Form||– To be Announced –|
|The Release of Provisional Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|Round One Counselling Date||– To be Announced –|
|Commencement of Classes||– To be Announced –|
Official Website: www.knruhs.in
Eligibility Criteria of Telangana MBBS/ BDS Admission 2021
Candidates must satisfy the following eligibility criteria in order to get admission in Telangana MBBS Admission 2021. Moreover, applicants should also have the relevant documents to prove their eligibility. Hence, candidates are advised to go through the Eligibility Criteria carefully before starting to fill the application form.
- The Applicant must be a citizen of India/ Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) Card Holder.
- Applicants must have appeared NEET 2021.
- The Candidate should be a local resident of Telangana State for a period of 10 years.
- There is a total of 85% seats reserved for State Level Quota and 15% Seats reserved for All India Quota.
- Candidates must have passed 12th with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English.
- The General Category Candidates must score at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Bio-Technology and the Reserved Category candidates must score at least 40% marks.
- Candidates who are physically disabled must qualify for at least 40% marks in the subjects.
- Candidates must score the minimum cut-off marks of NEET 2021 in order to qualify for the admission/ counselling process.
Selection Procedure of Telangana MBBS Admission
To get admission in the colleges/ institutes of Telangana has to qualify for the NEET Exam 2021, and has to undergo the following stages –
- Filling of the Online Application Form
- Counselling Round
- Document Verification
- Final Merit List
Based on their ranks secured and preferences, candidates are allotted seats in the medical colleges of Telangana. Candidates must also note that, on the basis of the NEET 2021 Scores, the candidates are ranked on the Merit List or for the Admission process.
Telangana MBBS Application Form 2021
The KNRUHS release an Official Notification regarding the application for MBBS and BDS Courses in Telangana Colleges and Institutes. The Application Form is released on the official website of Kaloji Narayan Rao University of Health Sciences (KNRUHS).
How to fill Telangana NEET Application Form?
- Registration – In the registration process, candidates have to enter their personal details and submit them. A Login ID and Password are sent on their mobile number and e-mail id which they have to use in further stages
- Academic Details – After Loggin in, candidates have to enter their academic details such as 12th marks, NEET Rank and Score, etc.
- Upload the Photograph and Signature – After filling in the academic details, candidates have to upload photographs and signatures as per the specifications mentioned.
- Make the Payment – Applicants can make the payment of the application fees, either offline or online. Offline – Challan, and Online – Internet Banking/ Credit/ Debit Card.
- After the submission of the application form, candidates must take the printout of the application form and save it for future reference.
Application Fees of Telangana MBBS Registration Form
|General Category||INR 3,000|
|Reserved Categories (SC/ ST)||INR 2,500|
Telangana MBBS Merit List 2021
After the complete submission of the application form, a list of the candidates is extracted based on their NEET 2021 Scores and Ranks, and a Merit List is prepared. The Telangana MBBS 2021 Merit List is published online on the official website of KNRUHS. Moreover, a Merit List contains the name of the candidate who is selected and is eligible for the counselling round. Further, the merit list is released in PDF Format so that it can be easy for the candidates to download.
Counselling Round of Telangana MBBS Admission 2021
Candidates whose name is listed on the merit list are called for a Counselling Round. The Telangana MBBS Counselling Round takes place along with the Document Verification. There are counselling rounds for the Management Quota Candidates. In addition, the Counselling Round is conducted in offline as well as in online mode. Counselling Round is conducted online, where the candidates have to submit their options on the online web portal for Telangana MBBS Admission 2021. Wherein, the Document Verification Round is conducted offline.
Furthermore, the Counselling Process includes – Registration, Options Entry, Details Options, and Choice Locking. There shall be three rounds of Telangana MBBS Counselling including the Mop-Up Round. However, the mop-up round is only conducted if the seats are left vacant.
Document Verification Round of Telangana MBBS/ BDS Admission 2021
Candidates who are called out for the Counselling Round have to undergo a Document Verification Round. In the Document Verification Round, candidates have to show their Educational and Identity Proof Documents and Certificates. The Examiner verifies the documents and based on the originality of the documents, the applicants are selected for the further round.
Below are the documents that have to be taken by the candidates who are attending the Counselling and the Document Verification Round-
- NEET 2021 Admit Card
- NEET 2021 Score Card
- Class 10th Pass Certificate (as proof of date of Birth)
- Class 12th Marksheet and Certificate
- Transfer Certificate (signed by the Head of the Institute last attended)
- Pass certificate from Class 6 to Class 12
- Permanent Caste Certificate (optional)
- Aadhaar Card
- Minority Certificate (if applicable)
- 10-year Resident Certificate for the candidates who have studied in Telangana State.
- Income Certificate (for those who are claiming fee exemption)
- Affidavit of Rs 100 by the parents and candidates stating that the caste and the area certificates submitted is original and if found conflicting then they are responsible for the consequences.
- Local status certificate
Final Merit List of Telangana MBBS/ BDS 2021 Admission
After the completion of the Counselling Round and Document Verification, a Final Merit List is released. The Final Merit List comprises the name of the candidates who have successfully cleared all the rounds of the selection procedure. The applicants whose name is listed on the final merit list can get admission to the allotted college. Moreover, the rank list is released based on the NEET 2021 Rank/ Scores. The Names in the Merit List are sorted in decreasing order, which means that the Highest Achieved Rank shall be ranked first, and further the rest of the ranks.
Telangana MBBS BDS Seat Reservation Policy 2021
The Telangana Medical Board secures a few seats for the candidates belonging to the reserved categories. To claim these seats, aspirants have to provide the relevant documents. Moreover, the category-wise seat reservation percentage is mentioned below.
|Types of Reservation||Categories||Seat Reservation|
|Social Reservation (Vertical Reservation)||Scheduled Tribe||15%|
|Backward Classes- A||7%|
|Backward Classes- B||10%|
|Backward Classes – C||1%|
|Backward Classes – D||7%|
|Backward Classes – E||4%|
|Special Categories (Horizontal Reservation)||Women Candidates||33%|
|National Cadet Crops||1%|
|Sports and Games||0.50%|
|Police Martyrs Children (PMC)||0.25%|
Telangana MBBS Participating Colleges
Candidates who are selected in the counseling round become eligible for seat allotment. The seats are further allotted in the participating institutes. Hence, the MBBS and BDS Colleges of Telangana state that offers admission through NEET are as follows:
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, Secunderabad
- ESIC Medical College, Hyderabad
- Government Dental College, and Hospital Hyderabad
Highlights of Telangana MBBS Admission 2021
|Name||Telangana MBBS Admission 2021|
|Name of the Examination||NEET-UG 2021|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Counselling Conducting Authority for 85% of State Quota Seats||Kalogi Narayan Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal|
|Counselling Conducting Authority for 15% of All India Quota Seats||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
Note – Candidates should note that the counselling for 85% of State Quota Seats in Government Colleges and all the seats in Private Colleges for MBBS Admissions in India through NEET is conducted in each state individually by its own state counselling authority.
Candidates who willing to admission to Medical Colleges can go through this article. The Selection Process comprises three rounds which include the counseling process and document verification round. Candidates are selected purely on the basis of the NEET Scores and Rank. A Merit List is released on the official website which contains the name of the candidates who have been allotted college.