Telangana MBBS Admission 2020: Kaloji Narayan Rao University of Health Sciences (KNRUHS), Warangal is the conducting body for Telangana NEET Admission. Candidates who have appeared in NEET 2020, will be eligible to participate in the admission process. The Counselling will take place in two rounds. There is a counselling procedure for Management and Convenor Quota as well. The Distribution of the Seats is based on – 85% of State Quota and 15% All India Quota. A merit list will be released as well for the candidates who have qualified the minimum qualifying marks of NEET-UG. In this article, we have provided complete details regarding the Telangana MBBS Admission 2020, including its eligibility, application form, fees and, other details.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Telangana MBBS Admission 2020
The Admission to Telangana MBBS will be conducted based on the candidate’s score in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) and the preferences given at the time of counselling. It is mandatory to appear for the NEET UG Exam for getting a seat in Telangana MBBS. Along with that, candidates must also satisfy the eligibility criteria as well. Furthermore, the schedule of the admission activities is given below.
For Competent Authority
|Notification of Telangana MBBS 2020||First week of August 2020|
|The Application form start date||First week of August 2020|
|Last Date for the Submission of the Application Form||Second week of August 2020|
|The Release of the Provisional Merit List||Second week of August 2020|
|Document Verification||Second week of August 2020|
|The Release of Final Merit List||Second week of August 2020|
|First Round Counselling||Third week of August 2020|
|Last Date to Report the Allotted College||Third week of August 2020|
|Second Round Counselling||September 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||September 2020|
For Management Quota
|Notification of Telangana MBBS||August 2020|
|Release Date of the Online Application Form||August 2020|
|Last Date of the Submission of the Application Form||August 2020|
|The Release of Provisional Merit List||August 2020|
|Round One Counselling Date||August 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||September 2020|
Official Website: www.knruhs.in
Eligibility Criteria of Telangana MBBS/BDS Admission 2020
Candidates must satisfy the following eligibility criteria in order to get admission in Telangana MBBS Admission 2020–
- The Applicant must be a citizen of India/ Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) Card Holder.
- Applicants must have appeared NEET 2020.
- The Candidate should be a local resident of Telangana State for a period of 10 years.
- There is a total of 85% seats reserved for State Level Quota and 15% Seats reserved for All India Quota.
- Candidates must have passed 12th with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English.
- The General Category Candidates must score at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Bio-Technology and the Reserved Category candidates must score at least 40% marks.
- Candidates who are physically disabled must qualify at least 40% marks in the subjects.
- Candidates must score the minimum cut-off marks of NEET 2020 in order to qualify for the admission/ counselling process.
Selection Procedure of Telangana MBBS Admission
To get admission in the colleges/institutes of Telangana has to qualify the NEET Exam 2020, and has to undergo the following stages-
- Filling of the Online Application Form
- Counselling Round
- Document Verification
- Final Merit List
Based on their ranks secured and preferences, candidates will be allotted with the seats in the medical colleges of Telangana. Candidates must also note that, on the basis of the NEET 2020 Scores, the candidates will get ranked on the Merit List or for the Admission process.
Telangana MBBS Application Form 2020
The KNRUHS will release an Official Notification regarding the application for MBBS and BDS Courses in Telangana Colleges and Institutes. The Online Application is expected to get released in June 2020. The Application Form will be available on the official website of Kaloji Narayan Rao University of Health Sciences (KNRUHS).
Following are the stages of filling the application form for Telangana MBBS/BDS 2020-
- Registration – In the registration process, candidates have to enter their personal details and submit. A Login ID and Password will be sent on their mobile number and e-mail id which they have to use in further stages
- Academic Details- After Loggin in, candidates have to enter their academic details such as 12th marks, NEET Rank and Score, etc.
- Upload the Photograph and Signature- After filling the academic details, candidates have to upload photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned.
- Make the Payment – Applicants can make the payment of the application fees, either offline or online. Offline – Challan, and Online – Internet Banking/Credit/Debit Card.
- After the submission of the application form, candidates must take the printout of the application form and save it for future reference.
Application Fees of Telangana MBBS Application Form 2020
- The Application Fees for General Category Candidates is Rs 3000/- and
- The Application Fees for Reserved Category (ST/SC) is Rs 2500/-
Telangana MBBS Merit List 2020
After the complete submission of the application form, a list of the candidates will be extracted based on their NEET 2020 Scores and Ranks and a Merit List will be prepared. The Telangana MBBS 2020 Merit List will be published online on the official website of KNRUHS. The Merit List will contain the name of the candidate who is selected and are eligible for the counselling round. Further, the merit list will be available in the PDF Format so that it can be easy for the candidates to download.
Counselling Round of Telangana MBBS Admission 2020
Candidates whose name is listed on the merit list will be called for a Counselling Round. The Telangana MBBS Counselling Round will take place along with the Document Verification. There will be counselling rounds for the Management Quota Candidates. The Counselling Round will be conducted in offline as well as in online mode. The expected date for conducting Telangana MBBS/BDS 2020 Admission is July 2020. The Counselling Round will be conducted online, where the candidates have to submit their options on the online web portal for Telangana MBBS Admission 2020. Wherein, the Document Verification Round will be conducted offline.
Furthermore, the Counselling Process includes – Registration, Options Entry, Details Option, and Choice Locking. There will be three rounds of Telangana MBBS Counselling including Mop-Up Round.
Document Verification Round of Telangana MBBS/BDS Admission 2020
Candidates who are called out for the Counselling Round will have to undergo a Document Verification Round. In the Document Verification Round, candidates will have to show their Educational and Identity Proof Documents and Certificates. The Examiner will verify the documents and based on the originality of the documents, the applicants will be selected for the further round.
Below are the documents that have to be taken by the candidates who are attending the Counselling and the Document Verification Round-
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Score Card
- Class 10th Pass Certificate (as a proof of date of Birth)
- Class 12th Marksheet and Certificate
- Transfer Certificate (signed by the Head of the Institute last attended)
- Pass certificate from Class 6 to Class 12
- Permanent Caste Certificate (optional)
- Aadhaar Card
- Minority Certificate (if applicable)
- 10-year Resident Certificate for the candidates who have studied in Telangana State.
- Income Certificate (for those who are claiming fee exemption)
- Affidavit of Rs 100 by the parents and candidates stating that the caste and the area certificates submitted are original and if found conflicting then they will be responsible for the consequences.
- Local status certificate
Final Merit List of Telangana MBBS/BDS 2020 Admission
After the completion of the Counselling Round and Document Verification, a Final Merit List will be released. The Final Merit List will comprise the name of the candidates who have successfully cleared all the rounds of the selection procedure. The applicants whose name is listed on the final merit list can get admission in the allotted college. The expected date of releasing the Final Merit List is July/August 2020. The Merit List will be released based on the NEET 2020 Rank/Scores. The Names in the Merit List will be sorted in decreasing order, which means that the Highest Achieved Rank will be ranked first, and further the rest of the ranks.
Telangana MBBS BDS Seat Reservation Policy 2020
The Seat Reservation Policy of Telangana MBBS 2020 Admission is as follows-
|Types of Reservation||Categories||Seat Reservation|
|Social Reservation (Vertical Reservation)||Scheduled Tribe||15%|
|Backward Classes- A||7%|
|Backward Classes- B||10%|
|Backward Classes – C||1%|
|Backward Classes – D||7%|
|Backward Classes – E||4%|
|Special Categories (Horizontal Reservation)||Women Candidates||33%|
|National Cadet Crops||1%|
|Sports and Games||0.50%|
|Police Martyrs Children (PMC)||0.25%|
Telangana MBBS Participating Colleges
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, Secunderabad
- ESIC Medical College, Hyderabad
- Government Dental College, and Hospital Hyderabad
Highlights of Telangana MBBS Admission 2020
|Name||Telangana MBBS Admission 2020|
|Name of the Examination||NEET UG 2020|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Counselling Conducting Authority for 85% of State Quota Seats||Kalogi Narayan Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal|
|Counselling Conducting Authority for 15% of All India Quota Seats||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
Note-Candidates should note that the counselling for 85% State Quota Seats in Government Colleges and all the seats in Private Colleges for MBBS Admissions in India through NEET will be conducted in each state individually by its own state’s counselling authority.
Candidates who willing to admission in the Medical Colleges can go through this article. The Official Notification will be available on the official website in June/July 2020. The Selection Process will comprise of three rounds which include the counseling process and document verification round. Candidates will be selected purely on the basis of the NEET Scores and Rank. A Merit List will be released on the official website which will contain the name of the candidates who have been allotted college.