West Bengal MBBS Counselling 2021: The Department of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata is the main conducting body for counselling. Counselling takes place in two rounds followed by a Mop-Up Round depending on the availability of the seats. However, the mode of WB MBBS Admission counseling is online. Candidates have to submit their college preferences. Later, based on your preferences and NEET Scores, the authority release the Seat Allotment List. Candidates have to then visit the institute to complete the admission process. Thus, in this article, we have provided complete details of West Bengal MBBS/ BDS Counselling.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
WB MBBS Counselling 2021 – Scheduled dates
The selection committee appointed by the DHFW for MBBS counseling conducts the rounds as per the schedule only. They ensure that each event is carried out on the prescribed dates only. Therefore, aspirants should also be well acquainted with the West Bengal MBBS/ BDS Counseling Schedule.
|Starting date of the online registration and payment of fees||– To be Announced –|
|Round I Choice Filling and Saving of Filled Choices (in preferences)||– To be Announced –|
|Round I Choice Locking of the saved choices||– To be Announced –|
|Publication of Enrolled and Successfully Paid candidate list for WB NEET Counselling 2021 (Provisional List)||– To be Announced –|
|Round I Allotment List||– To be Announced –|
|Document verification of the NRI Candidates at Swasthya Bhawan||– To be Announced –|
|Physical Reporting of the candidates to the respective allotted colleges along with fee and original documents and bond for admission||– To be Announced –|
|Starting Date of Online Registration||– To be Announced –|
|Payment of Registration fees||– To be Announced –|
|Document verification||– To be Announced –|
|Online Choice filling and locking||– To be Announced –|
|Result declaration||– To be Announced –|
|Reporting Allotted institute||– To be Announced –|
Stages of West Bengal NEET Counselling
The counselling procedure of West Bengal comprises of the following stages-
- Application form for Pre-Counselling and Online Fee Payment.
- Document Verification (Offline)
- Registration, Choice filling, and locking
- Release of the seat matrix list for Round I
- Round I Seat Allotment Process
- Declaration of the result
- Reporting the allotted college.
The process repeats the same for Round II and III as well.
West Bengal MBBS and BDS Counselling Process
West Bengal Medical and Dental Admission Counselling conduct the counselling rounds in online mode. However, candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria and must qualify for NEET 2021. So, here is the step-by-step process to apply for WB NEET MBBS and BDS Counselling.
How to Apply for WB MBBS/ BDS Admission Counselling?
Step 1: Register and Login
- The West Bengal MBBS Application form is released after the NEET result declaration.
- Register yourself by submitting personal and academic details and uploading documents that are mentioned in the form. Specifications for uploading images are provided later.
- Recheck all the details and submit the information.
Step 2: Choice Filling and Choice Locking
- Candidate must give their preferences of desired colleges in the order of choice.
- Choice filling and locking can be done by logging in to the registered ID and selecting the choices therein.
- Candidates can choose as many colleges as he wishes.
- Candidates without the domicile certificate shall only be able to choose private colleges under the management quota.
- Choices are to locked at the end and candidates shall not be able to make changes.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
Candidates have to download the West Bengal MBBS Counselling Call letter or WB MBBS Seat Allotment Letter from the official website and reach the said venue with valid documents. The seat allotment is done on the basis of their NEET Score/ Rank and seat and Merit List. Top candidates get preferences over the lower-ranked candidates.
Documents Required for WB NEET Verification and Admission
- Domicile certificate of West Bengal
- NEET Result Copy
- NEET Admit Card
- Counselling letter of West Bengal MBBS/ BDS Admission
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as a copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of West Bengal MBBS Fee transaction slip and Application form.
Step 4: Admission Confirmation
- Candidates have to confirm their admissions before the last date by reporting to the allotted college with valid documents and admission fees.
List of West Bengal MBBS/BDS Participating Colleges
|Name of the College||Availability of Seats|
|North Bengal Medical College||100|
|Nilratan Sircar Medical College||250|
|Medical College, Kolkata||250|
|Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata||200|
|Burdwan Medical College||150|
|Bankura Sammilani Medical College||150|
|ESIC Medical College||100|
|College of Medicine and JNM Hospital||100|
|Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research||150|
|Midnapore Medical College||100|
|Murshidabad Medical College and Hospital||100|
|Malda Medical College and Hospital||100|
|College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital||100|
|RG Kar Medical College||200|
|KPG Medical College||150|
|Total number of Seats||2200|
List of WB Dental Colleges
|Name of the college||Availability of seats|
|R Ahmed Dental College||96|
|North Bengal Dental College||50|
|Burdwan Dental College||100|
|Guru Nanak Institute of Dental Science and Research||100|
|Haldia Institute of Medical Science and Research||100|
|Kusum Devi Sunderlal Dugar Jain Dental College||100|
|Total number of seats||546|