The West Bengal MBBS Counselling 2020 (Round-I) has been started after the NEET Result declaration. The Registration Process started on 9th November 2020 (12 Noon). The choice locking on 12th November 2020 2020 (11:59 pm). It will take place after the release of the WB MBBS/BDS Merit List. The Department of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata is the main conducting body for WB NEET MBBS Counselling. The Counselling will take place in two rounds followed by a Mop-Up Round depending on the availability of the seats. However, the mode of counseling is online. Candidates will have to submit their college preferences. Later, based on your preferences and NEET Scores, the authority will release the Seat Allotment List. Candidates will have to then visit the institute to complete the admission process. Thus, in this article, we have provided complete details of West Bengal MBBS/BDS Counselling.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The Department of Health and Family Welfare, West Bengal has started the Counselling Registration Process. The last date to submit the counselling form (Choice Locking) is 12th November 2020 (11:59 pm). Check Notice below. Apply Here
WB MBBS Counselling 2020 – Scheduled dates
The WB NEET MBBS/BDS Counselling Schedule has been released. Check the dates below. However, if there is any change in the dates, then we update it here.
|Starting date of the online registration and payment of fees||9th November 2020 (12 Noon) to 12th November 2020 (11:59 pm)|
|Round I Choice Filling and Saving of Filled Choices (in preferences)||10th November 2020 (6 pm) to 12th November 2020 (11:59 pm)|
|Round I Choice Locking of the saved choices||10th November 2020 (6 pm) to 12th November 2020 (11:59 pm)|
|Publication of Enrolled and Successfully Paid candidate list for WB NEET Counselling 2020 (Provisional List)||13th November 2020 ( after 6 pm)|
|Round I Allotment List||16th November 2020 (after 6 pm)|
|Document verification of the NRI Candidates at Swasthya Bhawan||17th November 2020 (10 am to 4 pm)|
|Physical Reporting of the candidates to the respective allotted colleges along with fee and original documents and bond for admission||17th and 18th November 2020 (10 am to 4 pm) as per server time|
|Starting Date of Online Registration||–|
|Payment of Registration fees||–|
|Online Choice filling and locking||–|
|Reporting Allotted institute||–|
Stages of West Bengal NEET Counselling
The counselling procedure of West Bengal comprises of the following stages-
- Application form for Pre-Counselling and Online Fee Payment.
- Document Verification (Offline)
- Registration, Choice filling, and locking
- Release of the seat matrix list for Round I
- Round I Seat Allotment Process
- Declaration of the result
- Reporting the allotted college.
The process repeats the same for Round II and III as well.
West Bengal MBBS and BDS Counselling Process
West Bengal Medical and Dental Admission Counselling will conduct the counselling online. However, candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria and must qualify NEET 2020. So, here is the step by step process to apply for WB NEET MBBS and BDS Counselling.
How to Apply for WB MBBS/BDS Admission Counselling?
Step 1: Register and Login
- The West Bengal MBBS Application form will be released during the 3rd week of June 2020.
- Register yourself by submitting personal and academic details and uploading documents that are mentioned in the form. Specifications for uploading images will be provided later.
- Recheck all the details and submit the information.
Step 2: Choice Filling and Choice Locking
- Candidate must give their preferences of desired colleges in the order of choice.
- Choice filling and locking will be done by logging in to the registered ID and selecting the choices therein.
- Candidates will be able to choose as many colleges as he wishes.
- Candidates without the domicile certificate will only be able to choose private colleges under management quota.
- Choices are to locked at the end and candidates will not be able to make changes.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
Candidates will have to download the West Bengal MBBS Counselling Call letter or WB MBBS Seat Allotment Letter from the official website and reach the said venue with valid documents. Candidates will be given seat allotment on the basis of their NEET Score/Rank and seat and Merit List. Top candidates will be given preferences over the lower-ranked candidates.
Documents Required for WB NEET Verification and Admission
- Domicile certificate of West Bengal
- NEET Result Copy
- NEET Admit Card
- Counselling letter of West Bengal MBBS/BDS Admission
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of West Bengal MBBS 2019 Fee transaction slip and Application form.
Step 4: Admission Confirmation
- Candidates will have to confirm their admissions before the last date by reporting to the allotted college with valid documents and admission fees.
List of West Bengal MBBS/BDS Participating Colleges
|Name of the College||Availability of Seats|
|North Bengal Medical College||100|
|Nilratan Sircar Medical College||250|
|Medical College, Kolkata||250|
|Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata||200|
|Burdwan Medical College||150|
|Bankura Sammilani Medical College||150|
|ESIC Medical College||100|
|College of Medicine and JNM Hospital||100|
|Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research||150|
|Midnapore Medical College||100|
|Murshidabad Medical College and Hospital||100|
|Malda Medical College and Hospital||100|
|College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital||100|
|RG Kar Medical College||200|
|KPG Medical College||150|
|Total number of Seats||2200|
|Name of the college||Availability of seats|
|R Ahmed Dental College||96|
|North Bengal Dental College||50|
|Burdwan Dental College||100|
|Guru Nanak Institute of Dental Science and Research||100|
|Haldia Institute of Medical Science and Research||100|
|Kusum Devi Sunderlal Dugar Jain Dental College||100|
|Total number of seats||546|
West Bengal MBBS Cutoff marks 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017
|Category||NTA NEET Cut-Off Percentile||NEET 2019 Cutoff||NTA NEET Cutoff 2018||NEET 2017 Cutoff|