DU Sports Quota Merit List: Every DU college reserves a maximum of 5% seats under the sports plus ECA (extracurricular activities) quota. The university offers 11 categories of ECA under which candidates can give trials. Expert committees judge candidates at these ECA or sports trials while evaluating their fundamental skills and overall abilities in a domain. Candidates need to score at least 50% marks in trials to be eligible for admission.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
For selection under the sports category, 40% weightage is given to certificates (from the last three years only), while 60% weightage is given to trials. For some sports events listed by the DU, even direct admission is offered to candidates who have represented the country in those events. The university releases its sports trials schedule every year under the DU quota system.
DU Sports Quota Merit List
Let us start by providing you with a tabulated summary of DU quota system for all categories.
|S. No.||Student Category||Percentage of Seat Reservation|
|1.||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||22.5%|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|3.||Persons with Disability (PwD)||3%|
|6.||Kashmiri Migrants||Up to 5%|
|7.||Sports/ECA||Up to 5%|
Important Points Related to DU Sports Quota/ECA Admission 2020
Go through the important points regarding DU Sports Quota and ECA Admission 2020:
- A self-attested copy of the Sports Certificate should be attached by the candidate.
- The candidates will not have the choice of changing the selection once the payment is made.
- Sports/ECA certificate of invitation/memorial/open/prize money/ranking competition will not be considered.
- The Delhi University will only accept the higher level of sports certificate for marking.
- Candidates should note that after going through the trials for all the seats to be offered by DU, she/he would be allotted the colleges in which that particular sport is played.
- Only the sports/ECA certificate of preceding three years from the date of online registration will be considered.
- As per the new rule, the colleges would have the sportsperson according to the college’s requirements.
- As per the existing rule, students who applied through sports quota and uploaded their certificates online would be eligible for admission through sports quota.
- Candidates appearing for the sports trial have to carry a printed copy of the online admission form and are advised to reach the venue 30 min before the commencement of the exam.
In case you have any queries, then ask us in the comment section. We will assist you shortly.