DU Sports Quota Merit List: The Marks awarded based on evaluation of Merit/ Participation Sports Certificate/s uploaded by the applicants for admission to Under-Graduate Courses for the academic year 2020-21 under Sports Category will be notified on the Dashboard of the applicants on Wednesday, 02nd December 2020. The applicants are advised to check their Dashboard at DU UG Admission portal. Every DU college reserves a maximum of 5% seats under the sports plus ECA (extracurricular activities) quota. The university offers 11 categories of ECA under which candidates can give trials. Expert committees judge candidates at these ECA or sports trials while evaluating their fundamental skills and overall abilities in a domain. Candidates need to score at least 50% marks in trials to be eligible for admission.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
For selection under the sports category, 40% weightage is given to certificates (from the last three years only), while 60% weightage is given to trials. For some sports events listed by the DU, even direct admission is offered to candidates who have represented the country in those events. The university releases its sports trials schedule every year under the DU quota system.
- The Marks awarded based on evaluation of Merit/ Participation Sports Certificate/s uploaded by the applicants for admission to Under-Graduate Courses for the academic year 2020-21 under Sports Category will be notified on the Dashboard of the applicants on Wednesday, 02nd December 2020. The applicants are advised to check their Dashboard at DU UG Admission portal.
- DU Merit List of Eligible Candidates for UG Admission under ECA Category
- DU 5th Cut Off 2020-21 Declared Click Here
- The University of Delhi has released its First Cut off on 10th October 2020. DU Schedule for UG (Entrance-based and Merit-based) and PG admissions for the Academic Session 2020-21 has been released. Admission against 1st Cut Off starts from 12th October 2020. Click Here for more latest updates on DU Admission 2020-21.
Online Admissions of DU Sports Quota
The admissions for Undergraduate (UG) courses under Extra Curricular Activity (ECA) and Sports category in Delhi University (DU) colleges will begin from November 9. This will be first time in the history of DU that the admissions through the ECA and sports quota will be done without trials. Keeping in view the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the national capital and the laxity in not adhering to the social distancing rules, the varsity has decided to not have trials and conduct online based on the merit of the certificates scores.
DU Sports Quota Merit List
Let us start by providing you with a tabulated summary of DU quota system for all categories.
|S. No.||Student Category||Percentage of Seat Reservation|
|1.||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||22.5%|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|3.||Persons with Disability (PwD)||3%|
|6.||Kashmiri Migrants||Up to 5%|
|7.||Sports/ECA||Up to 5%|
Marks of Sports Certificate for Sports Trial
The Marks of Sports Certificate has been displayed on the dashboard of the applicants. The applicants who have secured marks in Sports Certificate will only be eligible for Sports Trials. The applicants should refer the Schedule of Sports Trials on the UG Portal. For any grievance related to Sports under the Admission Helpline Menu, click on Grievance and use “Sports Quota” from the Dropdown Menu under Select Grievance Category and submit your Grievance.
Go through the important points regarding DU Sports Quota and ECA Admission 2020:
- A self-attested copy of the Sports Certificate should be attached by the candidate.
- The candidates will not have the choice of changing the selection once the payment is made.
- Sports/ECA certificate of invitation/memorial/open/prize money/ranking competition will not be considered.
- The Delhi University will only accept the higher level of sports certificate for marking.
- Candidates should note that after going through the trials for all the seats to be offered by DU, she/he would be allotted the colleges in which that particular sport is played.
- Only the sports/ECA certificate of preceding three years from the date of online registration will be considered.
- As per the new rule, the colleges would have the sportsperson according to the college’s requirements.
- As per the existing rule, students who applied through sports quota and uploaded their certificates online would be eligible for admission through sports quota.
- Candidates appearing for the sports trial have to carry a printed copy of the online admission form and are advised to reach the venue 30 min before the commencement of the exam.
In case you have any queries, then ask us in the comment section. We will assist you shortly.