DU Sports Quota Merit List: Every DU college reserves a maximum of 5% seats under the sports plus ECA (extracurricular activities) quota. The university offers 11 categories of ECA under which candidates can give trials. Expert committees judge candidates at these ECA or sports trials while evaluating their fundamental skills and overall abilities in a domain. Candidates need to score at least 50% marks in trials to be eligible for admission.
For selection under the sports category, 40% weightage is given to certificates (from last three years only), while 60% weightage is given to trials. For some sports events listed by the DU, even direct admission is offered to candidates who have represented the country in those events. The university releases its sports trials schedule every year under the DU quota system.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
DU Sports Quota Merit List 2019
Delhi University Sports Quota/ ECA trial Schedule List 2019 will be announced by Delhi University. DU Sports trials at identified college will start tentatively in the month of June 2019 and end in the last week of June 2019 whereas the preliminary trials of ECA will begin in June 2019. Delhi University grants admission to the students on Sport and Extra Curricular Activites (ECA). Hence, the students who are good in sports and ECA can apply for the admission in DU. Each college of DU reserves maximum 5 per cent seats for Sports/ECA quota in all undergraduate courses. Although the individual college has the authority to decide the actual number of seats offered under the quota, the admission in DU via sports quota is done in two ways i.e. either through direct admission or through sports trials. Likewise last year, the most number of applications in the sports category has been received from football as compared to other sports. From the session year 2018-19, the colleges were to get sports persons according to the college teams’ requirements. The said proposal made by the DU’s sports council has been reportedly approved by the council to the admission committee. The first sports admission list will be released tentatively in the month of July 2019. This page has the information about Delhi University Sports Quota/ ECA.
Delhi University Quota List
Let us start by providing you with a tabulated summary of DU quota system for all categories.
Percentage of Seat Reservation
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Persons with Disability (PwD)
Up to 5%
Up to 5%
Go through the important points mentioned below related to DU Sports Quota and ECA Admission 2019:
- A self-attested copy of Sports Certificate should be attached by the candidate.
- The candidates will not have the choice of changing the selection once the payment is made.
- Sports/ECA certificate of invitation/memorial/open/prize money/ranking competition will not be considered.
- The Delhi University will only accept the higher level of sports certificate for marking.
- Candidates should note that after going through the trials for all the seats to be offered by DU, she/he would be allotted the colleges in which that particular sport is played.
- Only the sports/ECA certificate of preceding three years from the date of online registration will be considered.
- As per the new rule, the college’s would have the sportsperson according to the college’s requirement.
- As per the existing rule, students who applied through sports quota and uploaded their certificates online would be eligible for admission through sports quota.
- Candidates appearing for the sports trial have to carry a printed copy of the online admission form and are advised to reach the venue 30 min before the commencement of the exam.