The AMU MBBS Admission 2020 will take place on the basis of NEET 2020 Scores. The NEET Exam will take place on 3rd May 2020. However, “AMU” stands for Aligarh Muslim University. Hence, it is mandatory to qualify for the NEET 2020 Entrance Exam. Hence, to appear for the AMU NEET MBBS and BDS Admission, you need to fill in the application form within the given date. Thus, in this article, we have provided complete details regarding AMU MBBS and BDS 2020 Admission, Dates, Eligibility, Form, Merit List and Counselling, etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Important dates of AMU MBBS Admissions 2020
The Official Dates of Aligarh Muslim University for MBBS and BDS Admission 2020 is not yet announced. However, you can check the tentative dates here below.
|Online Registration and Choice Filling||Second Week of June 2020|
|Last Date of Submission of Online Application Form||Fourth Week of June 2020|
|Payment of Registration Form||Fourth Week of June 2020|
|Choice Filling||June 2020|
|Choice Locking- Round I||–|
|Final Seat Allotment List and Letter||–|
|Reporting to the Allotted Colleges||–|
|Last Date of reporting to allotted college||–|
|Online Registration and Choice Filling- Round II||–|
|Payment of Registration – Round II||–|
|Choice Filling and Locking – Round II||–|
|Result of Second Round Allotment||–|
|Reporting to the Allotted College||–|
|Mop-Up Round Registration||–|
|Choice Filling and Locking||–|
|Result of Mop-Up Round Counselling||–|
|Reporting to the Allotted Colleges||–|
Visit the Official Website of Aligarh Muslim University.
AMU MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2020
Following are the eligibility criteria of AMU MBBS 2020-
- The Candidate must be a citizen of India
- The candidate must complete 17 years of age in the year of admission on or before 31st December 2020.
- Candidates must have passed Class XII with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Applicants must obtain 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in aggregate.
- Candidate should be medically fit for AMU MBBS/BDS Admission 2020.
- Lastly, the candidate must score a minimum required percentile of marks in NEET 2020.
Minimum Required Percentile of AMU MBBS Admission 2019
To participate in the AMU MBBS NEET Admission, it is required to score a minimum qualifying percentile scores in NEET 2020. Thus, on the basis of the NEET Scores, the candidates will be eligible for the AMU Admission 2020. Thus, the minimum required percentile of AMU 2020 is as follows-
|Categories||Minimum Required Percentile||Minimum Required Marks|
|General (UR)||50%||119 Marks|
|SC/ST/OBC (including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)||40%||96 Marks|
|UR PWD||45%||107 Marks|
AMU MBBS Application Form 2020
The Application Form for AMU MBBS/BDS 2020 Admission Procedure will be released by DGHS only. No Separate Application Form will be released by AMU. The Registration Form will be available online. The Application Form is available is expected to release in the first week of May/June 2020. Since the application form will be available for a shorter period, therefore we advise the candidates to submit the form before the deadline date.
How to Apply for AMU MBBS Admission 2020?
The Step by step procedure to apply for AMU MBBS Admission 2020 is as follows-
- Visit the official website of AMU – www.amu.ac.in
- Go to the Admission Tab and select the desired program.
- Enter the asked details and register.
- Login after the confirmation of e-mail.
- Fill in the application form with correct details.
- Upload the scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Click on the submit button and save the online application form.
- Make the payment of the application fees through Internet banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
- Download and Take the Printout of the Application Form for future reference.
AMU NEET MBBS Merit List 2020
AMU MBBS Counseling 2020 will start from June 2020. The Counselling is held in two rounds. The merit list of AMU MBBS is the seat allotment list of round one counseling. The merit list will contain the name of the candidates who have been allotted with the seats in Central Universities, Deemed Universities, and through All India Quota Counseling.
How to Check AMU MBBS Merit List 2020?
The step by step procedure to check AMU MBBS Merit List 2020 is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AMU University-www.amu.ac.in
- In the Homepage section, click on the link that says- ” AMU MBBS Rank List 2020″
- The Merit List will be displayed on the screen.
- Search your name on the list
- Download and take the printout of the Merit list.
Details Printed on AMU MBBS Rank List
Following are the details present in the AMU MBBS Merit List is as follows-
AMU MBBS Admission 2020- Seat Matrix
The Seat Matrix of AMU MBBS 2020 Admission is displayed down below-
|Medical College||Number of Seats||Dental College||Number of Seats|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, AMU||150 Seats||Dr. Ziauddin Ahmad Dental College, AMU||35 Seats|
Name of College
Number of Seats
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh
Dr Ziauddin Ahmad Dental College, Aligarh
AMU MBBS Counselling 2020
AMU MBBS Counselling 2019 will be released in June 2020. The counseling round will be conducted in two rounds. The Result of the Second Counselling will be declared in August 2020. The Counselling Round is held online, candidates have to register themselves and select the choices and college preferences. A Mop-Up Counselling Round is also conducted for the candidates who have been waitlisted.
AMU MBBS Document Verification 2020
Candidates who have received admission in Aligarh Muslim University, (AMU) have to report in person at the Dean’s Office for Admission. Document Verification will be held offline at the University. In the Document Verification Round, candidates have to produce the following documents-
- NEET 2020 Admit Card issued by CBSE
- NEET 2020 Score Card issued by CBSE
- Class Xth Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Marks Sheet of Class XII.
Candidates must carry original as well as a photocopy of the documents. The documents and certificates must be self-attested. Candidates who fail to produce any of the above-mentioned document will be disqualified from Admission procedure 2020.
The AMU MBBS Admission 2019 will start from June 2020. Candidates who have qualified NEET 2019 Exam will be able to apply for AMU MBBS/BDS 2020 Admission. Candidates are advised to check the official website to get latest updates and notifications.
Previous Year Availability Of Seats in AMU MBBS Admission 2018
As per the last year statistics, the selection of the candidates was based on the NEET 2018 Scores. AMU 2018 reserved 145 Seats under MBBS Courses and 35 Seats under BDS Courses. Through the Last Year Statistics, you can get a rough idea regarding the seat matrix of AMU MBBS Admissions 2020.