The AMU MBBS Admission 2020 will take place on the basis of NEET 2020 Scores. Note that the registration will start soon and will be carried out on the official website of MCC. The Link to apply for MBBS will be available here. The NEET Exam was successfully conducted on 13th September 2020. However, “AMU” stands for Aligarh Muslim University. Hence, it is mandatory to qualify for the NEET 2020 Entrance Exam. Candidates interested in AMU MBBS Admission 2020, need to fill in the application form within the given date. Thus, in this article, we have provided complete details regarding Admission, Dates, Eligibility, Form, Merit List, and Counselling, etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- The Registration for AMU 2020 MBBS/ BDS will start soon on the MCC Website. Do check the concerning websites for updates. – www.mcc.nic.in
- The Official Notification has been released for the AMU MBBS/ BDS Admission Procedure. Read the notice carefully for admission procedure details.
AMU MBBS Admission 2020
Candidates’ should not forget to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. It is defined below as per the university officials. If any of the students will found to be ineligible, then his/ her application will get rejected. Further, the Official Dates of Aligarh Muslim University for MBBS and BDS Admission is not yet announced. However, you can check the tentative dates here below. The dates will be updated here after the release of official notification.
|Online Registration and Choice Filling|
|Last Date of Submission of Online Application Form|
|Payment of Registration Form|
|Choice Locking- Round I||–|
|Final Seat Allotment List and Letter||–|
|Reporting to the Allotted Colleges||–|
|Last Date of reporting to allotted college||–|
|Online Registration and Choice Filling- Round II||–|
|Payment of Registration – Round II||–|
|Choice Filling and Locking – Round II||–|
|Result of Second Round Allotment||–|
|Reporting to the Allotted College||–|
|Mop-Up Round Registration||–|
|Choice Filling and Locking||–|
|Result of Mop-Up Round Counselling||–|
|Reporting to the Allotted Colleges||–|
AMU MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria define the conditions which have to be fulfilled by all the applicants. Candidates failing to do so will not be eligible to fill the application form. Therefore, check the AMU MBBS 2020 Eligibility Criteria carefully to avoid inconvenience further. The eligibility conditions are further as follows:
- The Candidate must be a citizen of India
- The candidate must complete 17 years of age in the year of admission on or before 31st December 2020.
- Candidates must have passed Class XII with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Applicants must obtain 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in aggregate.
- Candidate should be medically fit for AMU MBBS/BDS Admission 2020.
- Lastly, the candidate must score a minimum required percentile of marks in NEET 2020.
Minimum Required Percentile of AMU MBBS Admission 2019
To participate in the AMU MBBS NEET Admission, it is required to score a minimum qualifying percentile score in NEET 2020. Thus, on the basis of the NEET Scores, the candidates will be eligible for the AMU Admission. Thus, the minimum required percentile of AMU is as follows-
|Categories||Minimum Required Percentile||Minimum Required Marks|
|General (UR)||50%||119 Marks|
|SC/ST/OBC (including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)||40%||96 Marks|
|UR PWD||45%||107 Marks|
AMU MBBS Application Form 2020
The Application Form for AMU MBBS/BDS 2020 Admission Procedure will be released by DGHS only. No Separate Application Form will be released by AMU. The Registration Form will be available online. The Application Form is available is expected to release in the first week of May/June 2020. Since the application form will be available for a shorter period, therefore we advise the candidates to submit the form before the deadline date.
How to Apply for AMU MBBS Admission 2020?
The application form will be available in online mode only. Some of the students may find it difficult to fill the online form. Therefore, the step by step guide to submit the form successfully is defined below.
- Visit the official website of AMU – www.amu.ac.in
- Go to the Admission Tab and select the desired program.
- Enter the asked details and register.
- Login after the confirmation of the e-mail.
- Fill in the application form with correct details.
- Upload the scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Click on the submit button and save the online application form.
- Make the payment of the application fees through Internet banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
- Download and Take the Printout of the Application Form for future reference.
AMU NEET MBBS Merit List 2020
The AMU MBBS 2020 Merit List will contain the name of the candidates who have been allotted with the seats in Central Universities, Deemed Universities, and All India Quota Counselling. Candidates will be ranked in order of merit in this list. It helps the authorities in segregating students on the basis of merit. Further, it will be published on the official website of AMU or they may put it up on the notice board as well. Note that only the merit list students will be eligible for counselling. The steps to download or check out the merit list are further mentioned below.
How to Check AMU MBBS Merit List 2020?
The step by step procedure to check AMU MBBS Merit List 2020 is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of AMU University-www.amu.ac.in
- In the Homepage section, click on the link that says- ” AMU MBBS Rank List”
- The Merit List will be displayed on the screen.
- Search your name on the list
- Download and take the printout of the Merit list.
Details Printed on AMU MBBS Rank List
Following are the details present in the AMU MBBS Merit List is as follows-
AMU MBBS Admission 2020- Seat Matrix
The seats will be allotted to students on the day of counselling as per the seat matrix only. It basically defines the no. of seats available for students as per the category they belong to. Thus, the seat matrix is provided below. Wherein, the name of the respective college and no. of seats offered is mentioned.
|Medical College||Number of Seats||Dental College||Number of Seats|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, AMU||150 Seats||Dr. Ziauddin Ahmad Dental College, AMU||35 Seats|
Name of College
Number of Seats
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh
Dr Ziauddin Ahmad Dental College, Aligarh
AMU MBBS Counselling 2020
AMU MBBS Counselling will be delayed as the NEET Exam was postponed due to COVID-19. The counseLling round will be conducted in two rounds. Only the merit list students will be eligible to participate in the round of counselling. The Counselling Round is held online, candidates have to register themselves and select the choices and college preferences. A Mop-Up Counselling Round is also conducted for the candidates who have been waitlisted. Further, the students who will not participate in counselling will lose out their seats to other candidates. The procedure of seat allotment and document verification will also be carried in this admission round. In addition, the list of documents students must-have is provided below.
AMU MBBS Document Verification 2020
Candidates who have received admission to Aligarh Muslim University, (AMU) have to report in person at the Dean’s Office for Admission. Document Verification will be held offline at the University. In the Document Verification Round, candidates have to produce the following documents-
- NEET 2020 Admit Card issued by CBSE
- NEET 2020 Score Card issued by CBSE
- Class Xth Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Marks Sheet of Class XII.
Candidates must carry original as well as a photocopy of the documents. The documents and certificates must be self-attested. Candidates who fail to produce any of the above-mentioned documents will be disqualified from the admission procedure. Candidates who have qualified NEET Exam will be able to apply for AMU MBBS/BDS 2020 Admission. Candidates are advised to check the official website to get the latest updates and notifications.