NEET Preparation Tips 2020: These days, there is a lot of competition amongst the candidates who are preparing for the competitive examinations. Whether be it a Medical Entrance Exam or Engineering Examination. To achieve good marks in the exam, you need to have a good preparation schedule for that. The NEET 2020 Exam will take place in the month of May, which means you have a lot of time for preparing. When it comes to the preparation tips and guides, you need to have a positive state of mind and proper time management. In this article, we have listed out some major things that you need to include in your NEET 2020 Preparation. Go through the article to know more about NEET 2020 Preparation Tips and Guide.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Check – NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020
Highlights of NEET 2020 Preparation and Guide
- The NEET Exam 2020 will take place in May 2020.
- NEET Exam offers seats in different Medical and Dental Colleges in India.
- The Exam is conducted once every year.
- You need to have a good state of mind and body.
- Must follow a proper routine and schedule in the preparation time period.
Changes Made in NEET 2020?
Before starting to prepare for the NEET 2020 Exam, it is very much required that you must know all about the exam.
- Earlier, the CBSE was conducting the examination. From 2019, the National Testing Agency is the conducting body of the exam.
- The Exam will take online (Computer-Based Test).
- The Eligibility Criteria for appearing NEET has also been changed. Now, there is no upper age limit in the exam.
- There is no minimum number of attempts in the exam.
- The Exam will take place in English and Hindi and 9 different regional languages.
Check – NEET Exam Dates 2020
NEET NTA Preparation Tips 2020 – Exam Pattern
Before opening your books and start solving the questions, do you know about the Exam Pattern of NEET 2020? Well, the Exam Pattern plays a very important role in the NEET 2020 Preparation Tips and Guide. Therefore, we have provided complete details about the NEET 2020 Exam Pattern below-
- The Exam will take place online.
- The Total Time Duration of the Examination is 3 Hours.
- NEET 2020 Exam will take place in 11 different languages.
- Total Number of Questions – 180 Questions
- Total Number of Marks allotted in the examination – 720 marks
- There are three sections in the examination – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Each correct answer carries 4 marks.
- There is a negative marking of -1 for each wrong answer.
Visit the Official Website of NTA NEET
Things That are Included in NEET Preparation Tips and Guide
The NEET 2020 Preparation Schedule includes the following details-
- Examination Pattern
- Time Management
- Proper Time Table
- List of Books and Notes
- Healthy Mind and Body
- Proper Diet
NEET 2020 Preparation Tips and Guide
If we look at the Timeline of NEET 2020, you have an approx of 1 year and 3 months (approx) for preparation. That’s a lot of time to cover all the topics of NEET including revision. Therefore, we have given the best NEET 2020 Preparation Tips and Guide that will you to schedule your preparation.
Get Acquainted with the Exam Pattern of NEET 2020
As we have mentioned earlier, the Exam Pattern plays a very important role in the NEET Exam 2020. We have given the details about the NEET Exam Pattern above. Make sure that you know about the Examination Pattern well. This will give you an idea of how to direct your preparation schedule for the exam.
Check – NEET Application Form 2020
Get Thorough with the Syllabus
After you know the Examination Pattern of the Exam, make sure you go through the NEET Syllabus carefully. In NEET Exam, the questions will be asked from the 11th and 12th Standard Syllabus (State Board and CBSE). Also, check the weightage of each topic in the examination.
Sort Chapters and Topics on the basis of your Difficulty Level
After you get through all the topics of the subjects, classify the topics based on your difficulty level. Categorize the topics into difficulty and easy level.
Creating Time Table and Prioritizing Difficult Subjects
After categorizing the subjects on the basis of their difficulty, now create a time table. Dedicate at least 8 to 10 Hours for NEET Preparation. Give more priority to those subjects that you find difficult to understand. Dedicate more time to those subjects. This will give you more time for revision.
Complete the NCERT Book Properly
When it comes to NEET, IIT, JEE-Main Preparation, hands-down NCERT. The NCERT Books are the complete package. These textbooks carry all the details and concepts explained in an easy way. Therefore, practice the NCERT Books for sure.
Make your Concepts and Fundamentals Clear
Having your concepts clear is very much important. If your base is strong, then you don’t need hours and hours to study the same topic. Make a Formula and Important Terms Handbook, and note down the important formulas and definitions. Go through these daily for an hour. Since the questions are asked in the objective format, this will help you to remember the terms and formulas very quickly.
Like for an Example-
- For Physics- Keep a strong hold on the formulas and derivations.
- In Chemistry – Chemical Equations, Reactions, Block and Properties of the elements.
- For Biology – Important Terms and Definitions.
Practice and Practice
There is a famous quote saying, “Practice Makes Perfect”. Therefore, the more you practice, the more you gain knowledge and improve learning skills. Grab a paper and solve questions as much as you can. Jot down the formulas and keep practicing it. Do not stick to one topic for a longer time.
Check- NEET Admit Card 2020
Okay, Let me give you an Example-
Suppose, you are preparing any topic of Physics, let us consider Magnetism and Matter.
- Firstly, read the definitions and basic terms which are important.
- Go through the formulas, write and learn
- Start Solving then, make sure that you practice 5 to 6 questions daily related to each formula.
- This will definitely help you a lot in practice and revision.
Online Mock Tests and Practice Papers
Since the NEET Exam is going to be conducted online, it is therefore very much necessary to work on the Time Management Section. Take Online Mock Tests regularly. This will improve your speed of attempting questions and enhance your Time Management Skills.
What are Mock Tests?
Mock Tests are the dummies of the real NEET Exam. Mock tests are created to give an experience of the actual exam. These tests are available online with a real-time property.
How to Take an Online NEET Mock Test?
For taking an online mock test, you need to have a proper environment, Calm and Pleasant. Now, there are a number of free online tests available on the website. Pick one, and start giving the test. Follow the real-time that is displayed on the screen. Go through the scores, that will be displayed at the end of the test and start preparing on the difficult areas.
Go for Previous Year Question Papers
Solve all the previous year questions as much as you can. Solving the previous year question papers will give you an idea of what sort of questions asked in the examination. This will also help you to understand the examination pattern of the exam.
Time for Revision
Keep at least three months for revision purpose. While you are revising the subjects, make sure that you did not start something new. Be confident in what you have prepared and revise those topics as much as you can.
NEET 2020 Preparation Tips and Guide for Droppers
There is not much difference in the preparation guide for the Droppers. However, the Droppers need to focus more and put more effort into the preparation. So, here are some preparation tips for the Droppers. This can also be helpful for those students who are applying it for the first time.
- You need to first focus on your negative areas. Where or on which section you lack and need to prepare more.
- Make a list and dedicate enough time to it.
- Go through the NCERT Books and Reference Books.
- Stay Away from Social Media Apps. This will help you to avoid distraction.
- Practice more and more previous year question papers. Try to practice online.
- Online Mock Tests can be really helpful if the exam will take place online. This will enhance your time management skills and accuracy to attempt questions.
- Remember the concepts well. Use Block Diagrams or Flow Charts to remember.
- Take advantage of your family member. Tell them to ask you questions or try to explain to them the topics, which you find quite difficult.
- Take as many quizzes you want. This will help your brain to exercise much faster.
- Stay Healthy and Take Good Amount of Sleep.
Important Topics for NEET 2020 Preparation
While preparing for NEET 2020, you need to make sure that what is important under these topics. Where should I focus more? Well, we will help you with that as well.
Some of the Important Topics for NEET 2020 are-
|Physics Subject Topics|
|Alternating Current||Magnetism and Matter||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Electrostatics, Electric Charges, Potential and Capacitance||Ray Optics, Wave Optics||Electronic Devices and Semi-Conductor Devices|
|Current Electricity||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Chemistry Subject Topics|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Organic Chemistry||Periodic Table|
|Equilibrium||Redox Reaction||Biomolecules, Hydrocarbons, Polymers etc.|
|Biology Subject Topics|
|Diversity in Living Organisms||Human Physiology||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Cell Structure, Functions, Biomolecules||Reproduction|
|Plant Physiology||Genetics and Evolution|
For Complete NEET Syllabus 2020 details, click here
Best Books for NEET 2020 Preparation
We have provided some of the best books for NEET 2020 Preparation Schedule. We have listed out some of the best books for NEET Preparation-
Recommended Books for Physics
- NCERT Physics Class XI and XII.
- The concept of Physics by H.C Verma
- The objective of Physics by D.C Pandey
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
- Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
Recommended Books for Chemistry
- NCERT Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- ABC Chemistry for Class XI and XII by Modern
- Dinesh Chemistry Guide
- Practice Books by VK Jaiswal (Inorganic), MS Chauhan (Organic), N Awasthi (Physical)
Recommended Books for Biology
- NCERT Biology Textbooks for Class XI and XII.
- Biology Trueman (Vol 1 and 2)
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Objective Botany by Ansari
- Pradeep Guide on Biology
- GR Bathla Publications for Biology
Best Apps for NEET Preparation 2020
There are various apps available both for Android and iOS Users. These apps cover all the topics in the best ways. They also provide Mock test papers and Sample papers. We have listed out some of the best apps that you can use for the preparation-
BYJUs – The Learning App
This is one of the best apps for learning online. The App is known for having the best study material. You can also find study notes and videos specially designed by the mentors. It also provides Previous Year Questions. Not only this, but you can also have one-on-one interaction with the mentors and get your doubts solved.
NEET Preparation Offline 2019
This App offers various test papers and previous year question papers. The App can be accessed with an Internet Connection. You can take tests and get a summary of the scores and percentage through this app.
NEET Guru App
This App is specially designed for the NEET Aspirants. The App has around 250000 Questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. It also has a direct link to the Youtube Explanation Videos.
Best YouTube Channels for NEET MBBS Preparation 2020
You can find hundreds of channels for NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER and other Medical and Nursing Entrance Exams. However, here we have listed out some of the best youtube channels that must be followed by every NEET Aspirants are-
- The Khan Academy
- HIITS Achieving
- Education Shelf Live (Highly Recommended). As most of the lectures are taken by the Doctors.
- Other than these websites- you can also check, Crash Course, Merit Store, etc.
General Preparation Tips for NEET 2020
Make a Smart Time-Table and schedule your preparation in that way. Practice as much as you can. Go through each and every formula and derivations and practice them. One of the best ways to learn and remember the concepts is the diagrammatic representation or flow-chart description. The diagrammatic representation will help you to learn the topics in a much easier way. Take small naps/breaks after an hour of study. Reading continuously will lead to stressful. Taking shorter breaks will exercise your brain. Have healthy food and stabilize your sleep routine.
Stay Confident and do not forget your goals. Watch inspiring videos of the toppers and keep yourself motivated. You can check all the details about NEET here. If you have any issues regarding the Exam, please free to comment.