The AFMC MBBS Admission 2020: The Armed Force Medical College is the main conducting body for the admission. The College does not conduct any entrance exam, in fact, the selection of the candidates is done on the basis of NEET 2020 Scores. Therefore, it is mandatory to appear in the NEET Entrance Exam. However, after appearing the NEET 2020 Exam, candidates have to undergo a ToELR Computer Based Test by AFMC. Thus, in this article, we have provided complete details about the AFMC MBBS 2020 Admission, Dates, Application Form, Merit List, etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
About AFMC, Pune
AFMC’s full form is Armed Force Medical College which is a Medical College that was established in the year 1948. The College is managed by the Indian Armed Forces. It is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik The Medical College is recognized b Medical Council of India for conducting a 5-year and 6-month teaching program leading to the MBBS Degree. The College offers UG Course- MBBS and B. Sc Nursing Courses. The Institute offers various courses in Undergraduate and Postgraduate as well as in Nursing Field. The Official Notification will be released soon. Therefore, we advise you to check the website frequently.
AFMC MBBS Admission 2020
The AFMC Pune offers 150 seats for MBBS Admission 2020. 117 Seats will be available for the Male candidates and 28 seats will be available for the Female Candidates. 10 Seats will be for the Reserved Category candidates. The Admission of the candidates will be purely on the basis of the NEET 2020 Scores. Along with that, the applicants will also have to attain ToELR, Interview, and a Medical Examination Round.
The Armed Forces Medical College, Pune checks out the overall personality of the candidate. DGHS on the behalf of Medical Counseling Committee is responsible for holding the Registration and the Counseling process. Hence, in this article, we have provided all the details that you are willing to know about the MBBS Admissions.
Online Application release date
|– August 2020 –|
Last date to submit the application form
|– August 2020 –|
The Release of Merit List
|– August 2020 –|
Screening at AFMC (Counselling)
|Final Shortlisted Candidate’s List||–|
|Screening of Shortlisted, Waitlist||–|
|Reporting the Institute||–|
|Commencement of Classes||–|
Highlights of AFMC Pune Admissions 2020
|Name of the Examination||AFMC MBBS|
|Full-Form||Armed Force Medical College|
|Type of the Exam||UG Level|
|Level of the Exam||National|
|Conducting Body||Indian Armed Forces|
|Mode of the Application||Online|
|Mode of the Examination||Online (CBT)|
|Duration of the Examination||30 Minutes|
|Helpline||+91 20 26334230, +91 20 26330781|
AFMC MBBS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should check the eligibility conditions before filling the application form. It is compulsory for each applicant to satisfy the AFMC MBBS Eligibility Criteria. These eligibility conditions are prescribed by the Armed Force Medical College officials only. Further, the eligibility criteria is as follows:
Nationality and Marital Status
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply. Foreign Nationals of Indian Origin can be admitted to AFMC only after they have Indian Citizenship or in respect of whom the Ministry of Home Affairs issues a certificate of eligibility.
- Unmarried Applicants are also eligible to apply. Candidates getting married during the course time are not permitted.
- Applicants should be medically fit as per the prescribed standards by the Government of India, Ministry of Defence.
- Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Jammu and Kashmir are also eligible.
- The Minimum Age of the candidate is 17 years as on 31st December 2020.
- The Maximum Age of the candidate for admission is 24 years.
- The Applicants have to score least 60% marks in Class 12th with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from a recognized University/Institute.
- Appeared Candidates or Candidates appearing the qualifying examination are also eligible.
Medical Standards for AFMC Pune
- The AFMC Medical Standards denotes that the candidate must be Physically and Mentally Fit.
- If in case, a candidate is found unfit, then he/she can appeal by paying Rs 40/-.
- Candidates will be examined on the basis of their speech, hearing ability, and skin infections.
- They should not have any disorder
The Minimum Height and Weight of the Male and Female Candidates are provided below-
For Male Candidates
AFMC Height and Weight Criteria for Female Candidates
Other than that, candidates who are overweight will be declared as unfit. There should be a minimum of 5 cms of chest expansion. A minimum of 14 dental points is essential and should not have any sort of hard wax of ear canal etc.
Visual Standard Criteria
Non-Eligibility Criteria of AFMC NEET 2020
The Following candidates are declared Non-Eligible in AFMC Pune MBBS Admission–
- Candidates should not have any Domestic Arithmetic, Domestic Science, or Lower Maths in Class 12th or equivalent examination.
- Applicants who have made the combination of General Science/Social Studies from the above-listed subjects are also not eligible.
AFMC Pune MBBS/BDS Application Form 2020
The Registration Process for AFMC 2020 MBBS will take place online. The Application Form will be available from the second week of May 2020. However, the mode of filling the registration form is online. Submission of the form is a mandatory step in order to participate in the admission process. In the application form process, the candidate has to mention all the personal and educational qualification details. Since the application form will be available for a limited period of time, therefore submit the form before the due date. Note that under no circumstances the form will be accepted after the due date.
How To Apply AFMC MBBS Application Form 2020?
Candidates sometimes find it difficult to submit the online form. Thus, the step by step guide to fill AFMC MBBS Online Form 2020 is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website- www.afmc.nic.in
- In the Homepage section, click on the Admission Link and select on the course that you have applied for.
- Register yourself by using your e-mail id and mobile number.
- Login after the confirmation of the email.
- Enter the details correctly that is asked in the examination form.
- Upload the Photograph and Signature as per the specifications. The Scanned Photograph and Signature must be in JPEG format and the image size should not be more than 50 Kb.
- Recheck all the details and save the application form.
- Pay the Application Fees from any modes available.
- Take the printout of the application form and keep it for future reference.
Application Fees for AFMC MBBS/BDS Admission 2020
- The Cost of the AFMC Application Form is Rs 250/-
- The Application Fees can be deposited in the form of Demand Draft through generated SBI Bank Challan.
- Candidates have to visit the nearest SBI Bank and submit the required application fee.
Hence, the DGHS will provide a list of candidates who will be eligible to apply for AFMC Pune. Thus, on the basis of the NEET 2020 Scores, the list of the candidates will be prepared.
AFMC MBBS and BDS – Selection Procedure
As mentioned above, the selection takes place based on the NEET 2020 Scores. Students qualifying NEET-UG 2020 have to appear AFMC TOELR- (Test of English Language Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning). It is a psychological assessment test cum Interview. Based on the NEET 2020 Score, and screening at AFMC, two merit lists will be prepared. Boys and Girls will have a different merit list. Based on that, candidates will be shortlisted with their final position in the merit list. Candidates remaining will be on the waiting list.
The Result will be displayed on the official website of AFMC Pune. Candidates who are applying for AFMC MBBS BDS Admission 2020 have a compulsory serve as Commissioned Officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services. This will depend upon the vacancies available and will be determined on merit co-operation at the Final MBBS Exam.
Exam Pattern of TOELR Exam 2020
The students preparing for the exam should study about the exam pattern. It will give you an insight into the pattern following which the exam is conducted. Thus, it will help you in the preparation process. This further also increases your chances of clearing the exam. Furthermore, the Exam Pattern defined by the authorities is as follows:
|Exam Duration||30 Minutes|
|The format of the Questions||Objective Type (MCQ)|
|Total Number of Questions||40 Questions|
|Total Marks||80 Marks|
|Mark for each correct answer||2 Marks|
|Negative Marking||0.5 marks for every wrong answer|
The Scores of TOELR Exam will be added to the NEET 2020 Rank Scores. A normalized score will be generated by dividing the scores by 4.
Here, 720 is the NEET Scores and 80 is the ToELR CBT Scores. The summation of these scores is divided by 4 which are the selection rounds. After completing TOELR, candidates will have to undergo a Psychological Assessment Test and a Personal Interview Round to clear AFMC NEET MBBS Admissions 2020.
AFMC MBBS Merit List 2020
The Armed Force Medical College, Pune will release the merit list in the first week of July 2020. AFMC MBBS Merit List 2020 will be released online based on the candidate’s score in NEET 2020, TOELR, Psychological Assessment Test, and Interview. Separate Merit List is available for the Female and Male Candidates. The list also contains a notice pertaining to the counselling process and cutoff marks to be considered for the merit list. The rank list will contain the Name of the selected candidate, NEET Roll Number, Registration Number, Category, Father’s Name, etc.
AFMC NEET Cutoff 2020 Marks
The NEET Cutoff for AFMC MBBS Pune will be available soon after the release of the Merit List. On the basis of the cutoff marks, candidates will be eligible for the counseling round.
Here we have provided the minimum AFMC Cutoff Marks 2018 to give you an idea of the merit list.
|AFMC MBBS Cut-Off Marks||Boys||Girls|
|AFMC MBBS Cut-Off 2018||551/720||551/720|
|AFMC MBBS Cut-Off 2017||570/720||600/720|
|AFMC MBBS Cut-Off 2016||498/720||536/720|
|AFMC MBBS Cut-Off 2015||478/720||537/720|
|AFMC MBBS Cut-Off 2014||487/720||536/720|
The Calculation of the Scores After NEET 2020 Exam Result
To calculate your result, you need to have the following scores-
- The NEET Scores out of 720 marks
- ToELR Scores out of 80 marks
- Personal Interview Marks of 50 marks.
Example of NEET Score Calculation 2020
If a candidate has scored 550 in NEET 2020 Exam, 60 in ToELR, and 40 in Interview. Then the total score calculation is –
550+60= 610. Hence, 610/4 = 152.50
The Score obtained is then added with the Interview Scores, which becomes, 152.50 + 40= 192.5
AFMC NEET MBBS Counselling 2020
The counselling schedule will be uploaded on the official website of AFMC along with the list of the selected candidates. The Admission will take place on the basis of the NEET 2020 Score and AFMC Screening Test. The AFMC 2020 NEET MBBS Counselling Round will take place offline for the selected candidates. Candidates must report at the allotted center. The counseling round will take place in two sessions. The Reporting Time for the AFMC 2020 Screening Process is 8:00 Hours and 12:30 Hours. Candidates who fail to report the allotted center will not be eligible for the admission process.
Documents to be submitted at the Time of AFMC MBBS Counseling 2020
The Shortlisted candidates whose names are on the merit list will get admission in AFMC College Pune Campus. If there are vacancies, then the waitlisted candidates will get seats.
The AFMC MBBS Counselling/ Document Verification Round will take place offline. Candidates have to visit the campus in person. The following are the documents that are asked at the time of AFMC NEET MBBS BDS Document Verification.
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Passing Certificate of Class 10th
- The Marksheet of Class 12th
- Class 12th Passing Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Date of Birth Proof
- Aadhaar Card
- Income Proof of the Parents
- Gap Certificate, if the gap is more than 2 years.
- Domicile Certificate
- Colored Photograph with White Background.
- NCC Certificate (if applicable)
- NEET 2020 Mark Sheet
- NEET Admit Card
- Online Registration Form of AFMC NEET MBBS Admission 2020
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
The Armed Force Medical College Admission may start from the second week of August 2020. The Admission to the MBBS Courses includes- Online Filling of the Application Form, Merit List, TOELR Exam followed by Physical Assessment Test, and Interview Round.