Andhra Pradesh MBBS/BDS Admission 2019: Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences Vijayawada will be conducting the annual admission counselling for the academic session of 2019 under the state quota of Andhra Pradesh. This whole admission proceedings will be carried out in the months of June and July 2019. Candidates, who are interested in applying for medical and dental admissions under the state quota of AP, will be able to start with the registration process from 3rd week of June 2019. The registration window will be open for a few days and thus it is advised to get registered as soon as the AP MBBS/BDS Application Form is released. On the basis of the applications received, Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences will be releasing the AP MBBS/BDS Merit List which will be basis of the further AP MBBS/BDS Counselling.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, viewers will learn about the Andhra Pradesh MBBS/BDS Admissions, its important dates, eligibility criteria, registration process, merit list, and counselling proceedings.
AP MBBS/BDS Admission 2019 – Overview
- Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences will be counselling conducting authority for the 2019 medical and dental admissions.
- MBBS and BDS admissions in AP’s governmental and privatized colleges/institutes will be done on the basis of NEET 2019.
- There will be around 44 governmental and privatized medical and dental college/institutes which will be participating in this AP MBBS/BDS Admission drive.
- Total seats that will be offered for both medical and dental programmes in these 44 college/institutes will be around 3480.
- Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences will be conducting the admission for about 85% of total seats. The rest of the seats, i.e. 15%, will be taken care of Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Programmes offered will include Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Sciences (BDS).
- The state quota admissions of Andhra Pradesh will be divided into Convenor Quota Seats and Management Quota Seats.
AP MBBS 2019 Admission Dates
Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences will be releasing the official notification around 2nd week of June 2019, and the registration process will begin from around 3rd week of June. The last date for application form submission will be 4 -5 days from the release of AP MBBS Application Form. The complete AP MBBS 2019 Admission Schedule is as follows.
|1||AP MBBS Admission Notification||2nd week of June 2019|
|2||Application Form Release||3rd week of June 2019|
|3||Last Date for Application Submission||3rd week of June 2019|
|4||AP MBBS Merit List Release||4th week of June 2019|
|5||Document Verification||Last week of June 2019|
|6||AP MBBS Counselling||1st week of July 2019|
|7||Seat Allotment Results||1st week of July 2019|
|8||Admission Confirmation||2nd week of July 2019|
These dates are tentative. The exact dates will be announced and updated eventually.
AP MBBS Admission 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria has been laid down by the authorities for the purpose of maintain a particular standard throughout the student resourse that are going to participate in the AP MBBS Admission drive. Candidates are required to meet these eligibility guidelines in order to proceed further into the admission process. The AP MBBS Eligibility Criteria is as follows.
|1.||Nationality||Candidates must be a citizen of India. Other than that, candidate who holds an Overseas Citizen of India Card can also apply.|
|2.||Domicile Factor||Candidates seeking admissions for the medical programmes must be a domicile of Andhra Pradesh.|
Domicile Factor will be determined as defined in the Presidential Order.
Candidate or his/her parents have resided in the state of AP for a minimum of 10 years will be consider as a domicile.
Candidates who are dependent of government employees of the Andhra Pradesh.
|3.||Age Factor||The minimum age required to apply for AP MBBS 2019 admissions is 17th years. The age limit will be 25 years for candidates belonging to General and OBC categories. There will be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST categories, i.e. SC/ST candidates can apply till 30 years of age.|
|4.||Qualifying Examination||Qualifying examination will be National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) according to the new notifications released by MHRD and state government. Other than that, candidates must have passed 10+2 from State Board of Andhra Pradesh.|
|5.||Qualifying Subjects||Candidates who have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology are eligible for seek admission. Other than that, proficiency in English will be considered desirable.|
|6.||Qualifying Marks/Percentage||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 examination with a combined aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. There will be relaxation of 5 marks for physically handicapped students, and a relaxation of 10 marks will be given to candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST categories|
AP MBBS Application Form 2019
Candidates who have met the relevant requirements can give their respective entries as soon as the AP MBBS Registration window opens. Candidates will be required to get registered online from the official website of AP MBBS Admission 2019. The Application Form will be released for Convenor Quota and Management Quota separately. The AP MBBS 2019 Application Form submission involves registration, logging in, filling in personal and academic information, declaration, and payment of application fee. Check out the detailed procedure given below.
- Candidates are required to go to the official website of Dr. NTR University of Health and Science.
- The link for new application will be available in the website therein.
- Candidates are required to get registered by providing basic details.
- After registering, a login id will be generated and candidates are required to login using this login id and password
- After logging in, fill in the personal and academic credentials
- Confirm the information entered, and check the declaration statement.
- After the application form filling, candidates will have to make the application fee payment.
- The application fee can be paid via Internet Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, or Debit Card + ATM Pin.
The Application Form Fee will be INR 3000 for unreserved candidates and INR 2000 for reserved categories.
AP MBBS/BDS 2019 Merit List
The AP MBBS/BDS counseling conducting body will prepare and release the Merit List for admission to undergraduate MBBS/BDS programme in the medical Institution of the state of Andhra Pradesh. Seat allotment will be based on the ranks secured by candidates in the Merit List. Merit list of AP MBBS Admission 2019 is expected to be published in the 4th week of June 2019. Merit list is prepared considering various factors such as the number of candidates applied for admission, NEET score, and seat intake. Merit List contains the names of the candidates who are eligible for the admission. A rank wise list of candidate will be released before every session of counseling until the seats are filled completely.
AP MBBS 2019 Counseling
Candidates who clear the NEET examination and who meet the relevant requirements will be considered for the preparation of Merit List. Candidates considered in the merit list will be able to participate in the AP MBBS Counseling process. AP MBBS 2019 Counseling will be conducted from the first week of July 2019. While applying for the AP MBBS/BDS Admission 2019, candidates will have to select their preferences of colleges for pursuing their medical under graduation. Candidates will be notified regarding the counseling time and venue via mail by the counseling conducting body. Students will have to reach on time at said venue with all the relevant documents.
The list of documents that is to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Domicile certificate
- NEET 2019 Result Copy
- NEET 2019 Admit Card
- Counseling letter
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of fee transaction slip and application form
The allotment of seats will be solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counseling conducting body. However, there will be reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Last year the following percentage of seats were allotted under reservation status.
|Category (Vertical)||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|Other Backward Caste||29%|
|Category (Horizontal)||Percent of Reserved Seats|